SL Cert - Advanced Mentoring
- SLCertification is a community project guided by Linden Lab (see FAQ). This project page and its contents are not endorsed, managed or supervised by Linden Lab. Linden Lab may link to this resource in the future solely as an informational service to the Second Life community.
- 1 SL Cert - Advanced Tutoring
- 1.1 Overview
- 1.2 Audience
- 1.3 Pre-requisites
- 1.4 Criteria
- 1.5 Communications Skill Set
- 1.6 Technical Skill Set
SL Cert - Advanced Tutoring
These are the requirements for advanced tutoring in Second Life.
People and organizations who want to help others.
- Be at least two years of age
- Have passed both the Basic and Intermediate exams
- Have a sub-specialty at the intermediate level
- Have mentored for six months after passing the Intermediate exam
- Be part of an apprenticeship program for one year
- Have started developing sub-specialties in other certification categories
- Have three recommendations; suggestions are your primary sponsor, a resident in a group with management-level responsibilities, and your immediate supervisor
Describe the skills and knowledge necessary to mentor competently and effectively at an advanced level.
Communications Skill Set
How to handle an unruly area on your own
How to handle a meeting place with a large number of griefers
Methods of bringing people over to the Good Side
Technical Skill Set
Advanced knowledge of the Preferences interface
Understand hardware and networking issues
Know the resources
Be able to research solutions in any of the below areas: