Difference between revisions of "SL Cert - Intermediate Mentoring"
m (moved User:Orange Planer/SL Certification - Second Life Mentoring (Intermediate) to SL Cert - Intermediate Mentoring: Move out of user pages area.)
m (Minor heading change to match title)
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
=SL - Intermediate =
Revision as of 10:47, 2 December 2009
SL Cert- Intermediate Mentoring
People and organizations who want to help others.
Must be a minimum of six months of age in Second Life, have passed the Second Life Mentoring - Basic Level exam, and have mentored for a month after passing that exam.
Describe the skills and knowledge necessary to mentor at an intermediate level competently and effectively.
These are my initial suggestions of what a new resident needs to know. That means this is what a helper should be qualified to teach. Please comment.
- Communications Skillset
- Thorough knowledge of copyright as it pertains to Linden Lab in Second Life
- Thorough knowledge of rules about privacy; what constitutes disclosure
- How to deal with underage residents
- Know how to deal with different types of residents
- How to handle a busy welcome area or infohub
- Technical Skillset
- Keyboard shortcuts
- What is Avatar rendering cost and why is it worth noting?
- The Statistics Console
- Be able to decipher the Help - About menu: what's important, what's not
- Be able to describe solutions for various hardware or network problems
- How to locate sound sources
- How to locate particle sources
- Show advanced knowledge of all menus in the interface, including the Advanced menu.
- Show advanced knowledge of the Preferences interface, including custom graphics settings
- Understand what console windows are and how to use them