SL Cert - Intermediate Mentoring
SL Certification "Second Life Mentoring - Intermediate Level"
People and organizations who want to help others.
Must be a minimum of six months of age in Second Life, have passed the Second Life Mentoring - Basic Level exam, and have mentored for a month after passing that exam.
Describe the skills and knowledge necessary to mentor at an intermediate level competently and effectively.
These are my initial suggestions of what a new resident needs to know. That means this is what a helper should be qualified to teach. Please comment.
- SL and weapons
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Copyright as it pertains to Linden Lab in Second Life
- Rules about privacy; what constitutes disclosure
- Underage residents
- Rendering (Avatar rendering cost)
- Statistics bar
- How to locate sound sources
- How to locate particle sources
- Deciphering the Help - About menu
- Hardware concerns
- Graphics card
- Show advanced knowledge of all menus in the interface, including the Advanced menu.
- Console windows