SL Certification Roles
- 1 SL Certification Roles
SL Certification Roles
These are the key roles identified so far in the SL Certification Project:
- Wiki Topic Moderator (Subject Matter Expert)
- Wiki Topic Contributor (Subject Matter Expert)
- Wiki User
- Project Opinionator
- Education Course Designer
- Certification Test Designer
Wiki Topic Moderator (SME)
The Moderator is a subject matter expert with knowledge and skills in their assigned topic and the willingness to coordinate the overall development of their area.
The Moderator starts a page for their assigned topic and keeps it organized for accuracy, clarity and usability in three sections: basic, intermediate, and advanced.
Moderators work with Orange Planer and Contributors to keep the pages sorted in usable overall order and content.
Wiki Topic Contributor (SME)
The Contributor is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with knowledge and skills in their assigned topic and the willingness to cooperate in the development of their area.
The Contributor adds useful material to any topic page for which they have relevant knowledge, with the understanding that the moderator will keep sorting it over time.
Contributors work with moderators to keep the pages up to date and in usable overall order and content.
The User reads topic pages for content and ideas to benefit their school, business, self education program or other activity.
Opinionators (people who give opinions but no content) are the Default Role.
- Add specific suggestions on the Discussion sections of Topic Pages. (Every wiki content page has a parallel discussion page to put comments on).
- Say supportive things like, "I like that, that's great!"
- Are listened to more and more as their merit becomes evident.
- Say things like, "I don't like that, that's wrong!", without offering specific solutions.
- Are listened to or ignored by others as needed.
Education Course Designer and Instructor (SL Schools)
The Course Designer and Instructor prepare and teach courses to impart knowledge and skills to trainees.
It is expected that the SL Cert Project will provide many opportunities for new courses to be offered by SL Schools.
Certification Test Designer (SL Certification Developers)
The Certification Test Designer prepares tests to be used to certifiy candidates.
Experienced SL residents are the FIRST Certification Test Designers, representing a broad cross-section of education course designers, instructors, planners, specialists, and developers.
It is expected that the SL Cert Project will provide many opportunities for new certification tests to be developed by SL Certification Developers.
Certifier (SL Certifiers)
The Certifier (who do not exist yet in Second Life) gives tests to candidates and gives them appropriate documentation if they do or do not pass.
It is expected that the SL Cert Project will provide many opportunities for new certifications to be offered by SL Certifiers.
The following questions are in discussion by the SL CERT team:
- Will there be a fee to take a certification test?
- Will tests be written, performance, other?
Answered: all of the above.
- What is the timeline for hiring the first SL Certifier?
Answered: there is no timeline right now; tests need to be created first.