SL Volunteer Island
Second Life Volunteer Island is composed of islands that host attractions made useful for events, volunteer orientation, and training. The islands are volunteer-only, making them fantastic sandbox getaways!
Volunteers are welcome to design attractions, host events, and have guests on these islands. Please review the Second Life Volunteer Island Events/Attractions Policies link below for information on how YOU can utilize SL Volunteer Islands for your own attractions and events.
Here Are Some Attractions Going On Right Now!
Waterslides, Tiki Huts, Stone Faces, Hot Tubs, Coves, Flora, Fish, and Beyond - all around the SL Volunteer Islands you'll find these scattered about for your enjoyment. Some are fine details, some are easter eggs, but all are for fun and relaxation!
- SL Volunteer Island (SLVI)
- Sandcastle Maze - Find its entrance at (205, 60, 22) ... the exit is a bit harder to find!
- Ruins By The Wrestling Pit - Catchy eh? Stop by here for some scenic ruins by a wrestling pit!
- Surf's Up - Check out the beaches at this side of the island--they rock for surfing and hanging out beside!
- The Big Ship! Famed location of SLVDay's dancing and pie exploits!
- SL Volunteers Cafe Great place to just sit and relax, created by Rhaorth Antonelli. (More stuff will be added such as food and drink)http://slurl.com/secondlife/SL%20Volunteer%20Island/69/21/35
- Underwater Gallery Really immersive gallery with hang out on the roof http://slurl.com/secondlife/SL%20Volunteer%20Island/111/234/17
- Tranquility Hut PTSD Support and focus group meeting place for people in SL who suffer with or are living with people who suffer from all types of mental health problems , I know its not all bright and breezy folk's but i bet we all know someone who could use a meeting place to talk with other's?
Located,http://slurl.com/secondlife/SL%20Volunteer%20Island/242/193/23 Anyone wishing to talk about the group or know anyone who may wish to talk with the group , Please contact Lostmedia Ares .
- SL Volunteer Island S (SLVIS)
- The ThinkDome - A quiet, badly-cracked gardendome with little of note except access to a prim-rezzer and a knowledge fruit tree... What's a knowledge fruit tree anyway?
- Mental Artist's Beach Pad - Open to all artistic mental mentors, volunteers, and others of kindred spirit. Use the office amenities, play the piano (bring your own sheet music or use what is there), lounge in comfort upstairs, sit and chat, or gaze out over the water. Have several free cups of the best espresso in town, from an old Italian recipe! Don't forget to bring your swimsuit! Relax, re-create, and go create!
- Shorgin's Public Rest and Play Station - A nice place to hang and relax, with room to build and create inside and out! Posing stands inside for easy aligments. Free items as I find them for ALL Mentors and Volenters! Come on down and Enjoy!
- Public Lighthouse - Special place for us volunteers to hang out and have fun. In a short while you can find here freebie stuff as well ;-) http://slurl.com/secondlife/SL%20Volunteer%20Island%20S/243/230/29
- Sky Field - Ride the express elevator up 1500m to the platform and enjoy the wide open vistas. Try your hand at ultra high building.
- Skypod Photostudio - its a skypod studio. With an N30 Photostudio and accessories in it. Plus various modeling photos from susan Snookums portfolio.http://slurl.com/secondlife/SL%20Volunteer%20Island%20S/234/243/501
- SL Volunteer Island SW (SLVISW)
- The Spam Museum - A collection of pictures and items sent out in the Mental Mentors group.
- The Road and Garden - An early infrastructure built around the spam museum to organise the planned growth on this island and garden to leave some free green space for (random (shit))chatting. Kerunix Flan 16:11, 11 August 2007 (PDT)
- Borrowdale Pier Stage - Beautiful stage by the water, found at the edge of the central island.
- Island of Relaxation - Little Island in the middle of everything to relax from all the stresses of Volunteering with Shamooo the Resident Whale! More to Come! All are welcome! (SL Volunteer Island SW 238,40,22)
- Office Building - Expanding office building Katie Kellner and Stewart Saru own. If you want to have an office in it just ask one of us. We will expand it more and you can put your office down. (Note: Mentor offices will be used for hanging out basically or get away from the public.) The green windows design however may change seeing as how I walked right into one.(SL Volunteer Island SW 88,166,21)
- Don Misfit's Volunteer Hangout - A nice spot to sit and chat... and to try out the Amazing Vacuum Tube! (warning: it *will* send you up and flying across the region). Also, be sure to pick up a copy of my Wearable Slide Show for Mentors (details) and a Free-for-Volunteers copy of my See Me HUD! (SL Volunteer Island SW 215,93,21)
- Beaver Lodge - Nestled high in the sky above The Spam Museum, Beaver Lodge is a great place for Volunteers to kick back, play crib, dance, arm wrestle, or soak in the hot tub. Beaver Lodge "Where All Volunteers are Welcome and All Lindens are Tolerated :)" (SL Volunteer Island SW 39,157,710)
- St. Louis Arch - St. Louisans are proud of their city, and we want to share our lovely city with you! If you area St. Louisan, either past or present, please post a picture of it on a box roughly the same size as the others, and see who is from the STL! http://slurl.com/secondlife/SL%20Volunteer%20Island%20SW/152/172/22
- Mc-Beth's Grog of Rum Tavern - Come sit dockside at the tables or bar for some great drinks and company. Or dance over the water to some great music. Ride the shark just off the dock! All volunteers and Lindens welcome! http://slurl.com/secondlife/SL%20Volunteer%20Island%20SW/241/188/24
- Paradise Blanket - Fully loaded Paradise Blanket for everyone to enjoy. For those of you not familiar with the PB, sit on it and use menu. It will temporarily rez a themed room at selected altitude. Over 30 rooms (clubs, parks, skating rink, etc.) Up to 8 people can enjoy it at once. http://slurl.com/secondlife/SL%20Volunteer%20Island%20SW/225/226/33/
- Firing Range - From the (ficticious) Griefer Response Unit comes this 50m firing range to unload your stress or test your home built weaponry. The target comes straight from the Weapons Testing Sandbox and lists number of bullets and damage. A nice freebie K98 Mauser carbine is available for all. The textures used in this build and a camo uniform are also up for grabs. And more will follow! Land your chopper, moor your boat or just TP straight in: http://slurl.com/secondlife/SL%20Volunteer%20Island%20SW/160/58/21/
- SL Volunteer Island W (SLVIW)
- Three versatile holodeck systems, capable of rezzing multiple scenes
- Demo Holodeck http://slurl.com/secondlife/SL%20Volunteer%20Island%20W/71/130/29 (Pick up a free copy)
- Horzions Advanced Virtual Reality System, Basic Edition http://slurl.com/secondlife/SL%20Volunteer%20Island%20W/71/130/68
- Prototype 1.63 Opensource Home Rezzing System. http://slurl.com/secondlife/SL%20Volunteer%20Island%20W/80/126/101 (Pick up a free copy)
- Calling all Mentors come on out to Doc G's Mentor Clinic. Specially prescribed relaxation for the Mental Lag of Mentoring.
- Come Dance, Bounce in the Moon Walk, Use the Hot tub, relax by the beach. Feel free to enjoy this space at any time.
- Mentor's Skygarden another place to escape the stress omnipresent in the rest of the grid. Just use the teleporter on the pier at http://slurl.com/secondlife/SL%20Volunteer%20Island%20W/175/92/22 to find a peaceful sanctuary in the clouds. Also features an alternative meeting place for up to 30 people.
- Jezzie's Teahouse A great place to relax and watch the sunset. Serving tea and sushi 24/7 http://slurl.com/secondlife/SL%20Volunteer%20Island%20W/23/17/23
- G.W. Art Gallery, featuring volunteer made artwork http://slurl.com/secondlife/SL%20Volunteer%20Island%20W/128/128/0
- All my collected volunteer info is available for free, just buy for 0L from the vase outside the doorway.
- Any volunteer who wishes to have their work displayed IM Gordon Wendt
- dD Library http://slurl.com/secondlife/SL%20Volunteer%20Island%20W/148/10/30
- Dedicated space to share poetry and another literature preferential made inside of the SL, with a space of relaxation to be able to congregate you with friends and, or to share experiences!
- Almost everything you see here, done by me (and I hope by us all’s tomorrow), is free to copy and feel free to distribute (is not allowed sell this items) always with the intention you use it to learn or take new ideas.
- This space was made in the desire of that it comes to have poetry of all those that desire it, then, I am available to help to place your poetry in “prim-book”, or if already you possess proper books, please you use this space to show them or to distribute freely! (You can found or distribute texts in not cards too if u wish) .
- Place here you books and share with us your Soul
- Make of this space your space of culture and sharing, for an always better SL!
- any questions IM me Nittas Massiel
- Beachside Oasis http://slurl.com/secondlife/SL%20Volunteer%20Island%20W/131/43/24
- Three versatile holodeck systems, capable of rezzing multiple scenes
- Check out the beaches at this side of the island--they rock for surfing and hanging out beside!
- Play some drums, play chess, hang in the huge tent, go diving, jump off the rope or just relax
- SL Volunteer Island OI (SLVOI)
- Grab an Orientation Guide attachment from the center and feel free to walk through Orientation Island on your own!
- SL Volunteer Island HI (SLVHI)
- Feel free to explore the most current Help Island in Second Life. This Help Island uses its sandbox area as the main stage for Second Life Volunteer Orientation!