You can save your clothing and attachments as an outfit (a folder containing everything you wish to wear). When you drag the outfit folder onto yourself, you'll instantly switch to the avatar shape, clothing, and/or attachments in the folder. Outfit folders can be created manually, but it's much easier to let the Second Life® viewer do the work for you.
- Attach or wear the clothing items you wish to make an outfit from.
- Right-click your avatar and choose Appearance.
- Click the Make Outfit button.
- Enter the name of your outfit in the Folder Name box.
- Place a check mark next to each of the body parts, clothing, and attachments you want included in your outfit.
- Uncheck those you do not wish to include.
- If desired, check Rename Clothing to Folder Name. This will rename all clothing in the format Folder Name Shirt, etc.
- Click Save.The Make Outfit window will close and you will return to the Appearance Editor.
- Click Close to exit the Appearance Editor.
- Your new outfit folder will be located in your Clothing folder in your Inventory.
|Note: Any item in your outfit that is no-copy will be moved to the new outfit folder. Other items will be copied instead.|
This video tutorial comes from Torley Linden's extensive collection of video tutorials, many of which can be found in the Second Life Showcase on our website.