Second Life says it can't run full screen, a specific resolution, or 32-bit color.
Unfortunately, this error message usually means your graphics card isn't compatible with Second Life. If you've checked your graphics card and it is compatible, try updating its drivers.
If your graphics card is listed as compatible, and you have the latest drivers, try these steps:
Check Display settings
- Right-click any empty space on your desktop and choose Properties.OR, open the Control Panel, then open Display.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- The Color Quality box should read Highest (32-bit). If it does not, change it to Highest (32-bit) and click OK.
- The Resolution should be at least the resolution Second Life is trying to run at. (In most cases, you probably want it higher, like 1024x768 or 1280x1024.)
Check Windows Program Compatibility settings
- Right-click the Second Life Icon and choose Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure everything is unchecked.