Server Beta User Group
This is the meeting tracking and progress page for the weekly Server BETA QA Meeting, moderated by Oskar Linden. Please contact him on AGNI for more information. You can join the Second Life Beta group for updates.
The next meeting is Thursday, May 31, 2012, 3PM PDT at ADITI.on the preview grid,
- Join the email list - sign up here: https://lists.secondlife.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/server-beta
- Threaded Region Crossing Phase 1 promoted to Main Channel
- BlueSteel has prebaked avatar textures.
- LeTigre has an infrastructure project.
- Magnum has the Experience Tools project.
- Second Life Server Channel
- First time deploying a conf file with our new process.
- BlueSteel RC Channel
- This channel has server changes to process prebaked avatar textures for library outfits.
- LeTigre RC Channel
- This channel contains simulator changes to help with upcoming infrastructure projects. There are no visible changes to behaviour.
- Magnum RC Channel
- This is the Experience Tools project.
- Three new LSL functions:
- Huseby is here to talk about this project.
- PathFinding User Group right after this meeting.
- Next week
- Rezzing bug fix.
- Pathfinding Beta Regions Live on AGNI
Any Other Items
- - llGetSubString can produce results that crash Mono scripts. Agni code now breaks llDeleteSubstring()
- SVC-7727 - Aditi grid problem. After changing my password to cause my inventory on Aditi to update, my inventory no longer saves changes made to it from session to session. Nalates Urriah This problem includes seveal moe issues and is still a horribly annoying problem for those of trying to test pathfinding and mesh items.
- People getting past Estate and Land bans | Critical & 325 (402 as of 8/11/10) votes!
- Dante has commented on this issue and reopened it.
- - Erratic behavior on script rezzed prims set physical
- Debug channel and script error reporting needs a major rethink
- related to and
- [15:17] Roberto Salubrius: can we get that standarized pleaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeee so we can listen to the debug channel whenever there's a problem PLEAAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEE
- [15:17] Roberto Salubrius: preeeeeeeetty pleaaseeeeee
- - "Avatar entering sim or rezzing object causes sim to freeze for up to 30 seconds - everything stops for everybody there"
- wassup with
- status on - estate managers unable to freeze / eject
- status on - users sitting on prims, which are set to phantom are not affected by damage. | 108 votes!
- status on - Vehicles can no longer enter a region if no-object-entry flag is set
- What is going on with - Cannot delete contents from no-modify objects
- status on - Vehicles "Jumping" when crossing prims
- -Physics unset on vehicles when seated avatars goes beyond the physical 'prim' limit where agents are counted towards prims
- script sim crossing bug
- cant catch sphere type exact shape with lsl functions
- What is the story on the bug that allows the Meeroos food vending scam? Nalates U
- At what point do you want me document functions that appear here or in the RC release notes? (I won't be attending the meeting but I'll review the transcript) -- Strife (talk|contribs) 12:29, 11 January 2012 (PST)
- Pathfinding characters got no proper character animation toolkit. Capabilities are limited to sliding bricks, or R2-D2 from "Star Wars" on it's best. If anybody is going to make a decent animation parser from well known animation formats like BVH - its not going to be open sourced, because it requires quite a bit of work on LSL (I'm already half way there). I know that some time people will just get fed up with it and beg Lindens for official tools with proper prim hierarchical rigged character animation capabilites done by SL's animation assets only on viewer side. Whats the loose ETA (year or half precision) on those tools considering that lots of stuff still broken and needs debugging? Come on guys, just say a number on your mind without any promises c: (FadeOut Razorfen)
Minutes from Previous Meetings