Simulator User Group/Transcripts/2012.03.16

From Second Life Wiki
< Simulator User Group
Revision as of 16:35, 16 March 2012 by Andrew Linden (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Simulator_User_Group

Prev 2012.03.13 Next 2012.03.20

List of Speakers

Andrew Linden Ardy Lay Ashiri Sands
Chieron Tenk Draconis Neurocam DrFran Babcock
FadeOut Razorfen Falcon Linden Fancy Detector
Flip Idlemind Ima Mechanique Johan Laurasia
Jonathan Yap Kaluura Boa MartinRJ
Mike Denneny Motor Loon Nalates Urriah
Rex Cronon Sahkolihaa Contepomi Simon Linden
Sniper Siemens Vincent Nacon

Transcript

[16:02] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Hey Andrew.

[16:02] Johan Laurasia: Hey Andrew

[16:02] Fancy Detector: Kelly Linden has arrived!

[16:02] Andrew Linden: Hello

[16:02] Sniper Siemens: hello

[16:02] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: And Kelly.

[16:03] Kaluura Boa: Hello, hello... Begin now or refund! ;-)

[16:03] Fancy Detector: Simon Linden has arrived!

[16:03] Vincent Nacon: what?

[16:03] Andrew Linden: Alright... news.

[16:04] Andrew Linden: First of all, I did manage to enable encroachment return on the mainland yesterday morning.

[16:04] Johan Laurasia: bravo

[16:04] Ima Mechanique: yay, I should go check home later to see what got returned ;-)

[16:04] Johan Laurasia: lol

[16:05] Ima Mechanique is not a good builder

[16:05] Andrew Linden: We're not blogging about it, but we're going to update some Knowledge Base documents soon.

[16:05] DrFran Babcock looks in Lost and Found

[16:05] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Probably best to prevent mass carnage.

[16:05] Rex Cronon: greetings everybody

[16:06] Andrew Linden: There were some questions for which I didn't know the answers last meeting

[16:06] Andrew Linden: and I was going to ask Falcon about them

[16:06] Andrew Linden: (1) If you set a simple box to have a "convex hull" shape... does it still use the implicit Box shape in the physics engine?

[16:07] Andrew Linden: The answer to that is "yes".

[16:07] Vincent Nacon: and I assume that going to be ok with Mole's contents?

[16:07] Andrew Linden: Which means setting a box to be convex hull is a simple way to make sure the object uses the newer resource accounting costs.

[16:08] Andrew Linden: Yes Vincent, the Mole's content (if set the the correct group or Linden owner) should be immune to encroachment return on the mainland.

[16:08] Andrew Linden: (2) What's up with KeyFrame objects stopping on restart?

[16:08] Vincent Nacon: should be or are they? what I meant was did you test it though?

[16:09] Andrew Linden: Falcon wasn't aware of that bug. He hopes to get to fixing it soon (pathfinding is almost over).

[16:09] Andrew Linden: It is a bug. We've had some reports.

[16:09] Andrew Linden: Someone here said they could reproduce it reliably.

[16:09] Ardy Lay: I didn't look and it wasn't mentioned.

[16:09] Ardy Lay: Was Krys in bed when you got here?

[16:09] Vincent Nacon: I seem to recall Falcon saying it was intended to stop on restart

[16:10] Vincent Nacon: but maybe I misudnerstood

[16:10] Vincent Nacon: misunderstood*

[16:11] Andrew Linden: Someone came by last week and told a story of having a long-term account closed very quickly for billing issues.

[16:11] Vincent Nacon: wrong place! :)

[16:11] Johan Laurasia: yeah, spoke very poor english

[16:11] Andrew Linden: I asked around and was told there is a Knowledge Base article about the policy on billing delinquency

[16:12] Andrew Linden: I found a wiki article: wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Delinquency_policy

[16:12] Rex Cronon: sadly no linden has oh regarding billing, or other similar issues

[16:12] Motor Loon: "Andrews Google service"

[16:13] Andrew Linden: Basically, the account is blocked after 30 days, but can be recoverable for a while after that

[16:13] Fancy Detector: Falcon Linden has arrived!

[16:13] Andrew Linden: That's all the news I have.

[16:14] Jonathan Yap: I thought accounts never truly went away

[16:14] Vincent Nacon: ahhh maybe Falcon got more news?

[16:14] Ardy Lay: Andrew, many people have called that death.

[16:14] Johan Laurasia: Same here, I logged on an avatar over a year since it's last login at least, and it was all there.

[16:14] Rex Cronon: try crashing a sim and u might see how fast an account can dissapear:)

[16:14] Andrew Linden: The account names may never go away, but after very long times the inventories might be cleared.

[16:14] Johan Laurasia: although it was never in any sort of delinquent status either.

[16:15] Falcon Linden: Ooo, new furniture

[16:15] Vincent Nacon: welcome

[16:15] Johan Laurasia: I've noticed it takes the system a bit to dig out an inventory item when an avatar is not logged on for a very long time.

[16:15] Johan Laurasia: which seems logical that inactive accounts get pushed down into the db

[16:15] Vincent Nacon: if you got news, come dine with us and tell tale

[16:16] Andrew Linden: Johan, that is probably the time to fetch the info from the asset system rather than the time to query the inventory db

[16:16] Rex Cronon: the lindens might have temp db that holds the latest 1million or so avatars that logged in

[16:16] Johan Laurasia: ah

[16:16] Ardy Lay: I think Inventory != Assets

[16:16] Johan Laurasia: either way, it goes away quickly

[16:17] Vincent Nacon: I don't think we're close to 1 million unique users yet

[16:17] Ardy Lay: Different data, different storage

[16:17] Rex Cronon: is very simple to find. just ask all the bots to raise their hands:)

[16:17] Simon Linden: Correct Ardy, your inventory is a map to the assets you have

[16:17] Ima Mechanique: we're over 1 million, I have the t-shirt ;-)

[16:17] Johan Laurasia: there's well over a million accounts

[16:17] Andrew Linden: I had a question about script errors...

[16:18] Vincent Nacon: that's just the sign up account count

[16:18] Ashiri Sands: all alts I guess

[16:18] Andrew Linden: sometimes the script will chat to the debug channel, othertimes it sends the message just to the owner's viewer (if the owner is present)

[16:18] Andrew Linden: it depends on which error the script hit

[16:18] Ardy Lay: http://secondlife.com/xmlhttp/secondlife.php

[16:19] Ardy Lay: Hmm.... "Loading..."

[16:19] Andrew Linden: but there is no clear policy on the server implemenation

[16:19] Rex Cronon: wouldn't be way better if states had an error event?

[16:19] Andrew Linden: sometimes we do one thing, sometimes the other

[16:19] Andrew Linden: I was wondering if we should/could standardize on something

[16:19] Kaluura Boa: OwnerSay!

[16:19] Johan Laurasia: Consistantly inconsistant so to speak

[16:19] Ardy Lay: <signups>28,376,195 ..... wheee

[16:19] Ima Mechanique: should definitely stop shouting errors ;-)

[16:20] Vincent Nacon: yeah

[16:20] Johan Laurasia: I think yes, it should always go to the debug chan

[16:20] Vincent Nacon: shout seem kinda silly

[16:20] Ima Mechanique: how about all errors just whisper "oops..."

[16:20] Johan Laurasia: lol

[16:21] Johan Laurasia: there's an idea... or how about "DOH!"

[16:21] Vincent Nacon: I dunno about whisper...

[16:21] Vincent Nacon: owner say, maybe

[16:21] Nalates Urriah: I like Doh!

[16:21] Ima Mechanique: oh yeah "DOH!" is better

[16:21] Vincent Nacon: no need to bother other people with it

[16:21] Vincent Nacon: but then... hmm

[16:21] Rex Cronon: "yo. u got a problem. bro"

[16:22] Andrew Linden: Oh yeah I just remembered... I did make a little progress on updating the LSL syntax and tooltips. Not done yet, but I'm going to try to update some project viewer with updated tooltips, and keep working toward a server-side cap that will provide the latest syntax.

[16:22] Ardy Lay: First computer I used had two error messages: What? How? If that isn't enough you don't know what you are doing or how to do it. ;-)

[16:22] Vincent Nacon: "can't do that, Dave"

[16:22] Nalates Urriah: SOmetimes it helps if others see the error. Then they know why something they are clicking is not working.

[16:22] Vincent Nacon: yeah

[16:22] Vincent Nacon: that was another thought came across my mind

[16:22] Falcon Linden: oh, Nal, please ping me directly, I want to correct a couple things about your latest pathfinding blog post. Overall I liked it, though!

[16:22] Andrew Linden: well, the chat errors go to the "debug channel", right?

[16:23] Ashiri Sands: Can't make a selctable error handler can we?

[16:23] Andrew Linden: anybody here regularly listen on the debug channel and rely on it?

[16:23] Vincent Nacon: once a while

[16:23] Ashiri Sands: Only when debugging

[16:23] Falcon Linden: ashiri: honestly, the best thing would probably be a debug event handler

[16:23] FadeOut Razorfen: nope lol, only ownersay

[16:23] Johan Laurasia: I 2nd Falcon on that

[16:23] Vincent Nacon: I mainly use ownersay, though

[16:23] Ardy Lay: I tend to when I watching the place.

[16:23] Kaluura Boa: Ho yeah! A debug event!

[16:23] Johan Laurasia: on_error()

[16:24] Ima Mechanique: manually yes, by script no

[16:24] Ardy Lay: Lots of folks come around wearing busted stuff.

[16:24] Vincent Nacon: debug event that could listen to other scripts in same prim?

[16:24] Andrew Linden: so it sounds like if we only sent the errors to the object owner (when present) it would cover most people's needs

[16:24] Vincent Nacon: cause that way you could make a Debug tool script in handy

[16:24] Kaluura Boa: Preferably... So we can have a debug script...

[16:24] Falcon Linden: sounds like a feature request...

[16:25] FadeOut Razorfen: looks like

[16:25] Johan Laurasia: an on_error() event would be nice b/c a script could handle some errors w/o breaking

[16:25] Rex Cronon: "[16:19] Rex Cronon: wouldn't be way better if states had an error event?"

[16:25] Andrew Linden: hrm...

[16:26] Simon Linden: I'm not sure how many errors there are where it would be OK to run more bytecode

[16:26] Andrew Linden: Actually, there are several...

[16:26] Ardy Lay: Errors I see the most on debug channel is missing task inventory.

[16:26] Andrew Linden: some errors are just that an object_id was supplied that cannot be found, for example

[16:26] Simon Linden: Right, and some you definitely can't

[16:27] Vincent Nacon: maybe debug could feed with some backlog for better tracking?

[16:27] Ardy Lay: Another is bad poseball scripts that freak out when people get off of them.

[16:27] Ashiri Sands: Most common error I see is from dance balls complaining the agent is not around

[16:27] Andrew Linden: the new pathfinding stuff will typically error if you try to set a parameter outside of possible limits

[16:27] Andrew Linden: (instead of just silently failing)

[16:27] Ardy Lay: Ashiri, that one, yes

[16:27] Ima Mechanique: even for errors it's not safe to continue from, calling an error event to log/send messages would be useful

[16:28] Johan Laurasia: and all silent failures could go to an error event too

[16:28] Falcon Linden: johan: not automatically

[16:28] Andrew Linden: right, we could start to trigger errors where we were formerly silently failing

[16:29] Mike Denneny: hi

[16:29] Vincent Nacon: heya

[16:29] Ardy Lay: I suspect a lot of people used silent failures to bound their scripts insted of doing it themselves. Same sort of thing that happened with built-in script sleeps.

[16:29] Johan Laurasia: right, I know what you mean, I'm suggesting anything that currently fails silently could be made to report as they're not show stoppers (they silently fail now and the script goes on it's way)

[16:30] Meeter: Timecheck : User Group is half over

[16:30] Mike Denneny: Whats the current topic?

[16:30] Johan Laurasia: Ginger or MaryAnn

[16:30] Vincent Nacon: open history chat

[16:30] Vincent Nacon: :P

[16:30] Mike Denneny: I just got here...

[16:30] Andrew Linden: We were discussing the idea of adding an on_error() event to scripts

[16:31] Rex Cronon: how to get better error messages from our scripts

[16:31] Mike Denneny: ok

[16:31] Vincent Nacon: debugging method

[16:31] DrFran Babcock: I get plenty of error messages when I script ^^

[16:31] Falcon Linden: apparently on_error could be complicated

[16:31] Vincent Nacon: yup

[16:31] FadeOut Razorfen: never had much issues with silent fails, some stuff has to be reliable about that, some doesn't. i like everything the way it is. its just a minor thing that can consume lots of time.

[16:31] Falcon Linden: it would definitely have limitations on what it could tell you and, more importantly, when it could tell you that

[16:31] Johan Laurasia: I would think there'd be a fair amount of reworking what's currently in place

[16:31] Vincent Nacon: but I think it might be best if it could listen to another script in the same prim/object

[16:32] Vincent Nacon: so that it doesn't locks up when it's coming from the same script

[16:32] Johan Laurasia: Well, it's only locking up because it's coded to stop the script on certain errors

[16:32] Falcon Linden: All right, since we've been talking about this for a while, I'll change the topic

[16:33] Vincent Nacon: why? you got a good one?

[16:33] Vincent Nacon: muhaha!

[16:33] Simon Linden: I have one news item - the map system is working better now, so if you zoom out, you can see a lot more

[16:33] Johan Laurasia: that's cool

[16:33] Kaluura Boa: I avoid to zoom out... It makes the sim crawl...

[16:33] Johan Laurasia: I locked my computer up trying to load the map back in the old days

[16:33] Falcon Linden: I actually do have a few bits of news

[16:34] Vincent Nacon: oh yeah... it's a lot better now

[16:34] Vincent Nacon: like 100x better

[16:34] Vincent Nacon: or 1,000x

[16:34] Falcon Linden: Some of it won't be news if you were at Oskar's beta user group yesterday

[16:34] Andrew Linden: Kaluura, are you using a viewer-1.23 variant?

[16:34] Kaluura Boa: Yep...

[16:34] Vincent Nacon: nice to see how ugly this grid turn out to be

[16:34] Jonathan Yap: What is the news?

[16:35] Falcon Linden: (1) The viewer tools for pathfinding are scheduled to be released early next week

[16:35] Johan Laurasia: cool

[16:35] Mike Denneny: Well, I was kind of interested how this issue has gone out of interest over the years. It seems like every time it has gotten a linden to proceed it, they are removed. https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-6713

[16:35] JIRA-helper: [#VWR-6713] Allow Alpha Channel of Textures to be used as a 1-bit Mask (Alpha Masking)

[16:35] Vincent Nacon: Andrew made the switch for mainlands with encroachment feature on

[16:35] Vincent Nacon: er n/m

[16:35] Falcon Linden: (2) Please come to Aditi next week (regions to be noted on the pathfinding alpha web site) to test your physics objects

[16:36] Falcon Linden: a LOT of physics changes have been made for this project

[16:36] Rex Cronon: bring your pets too;)

[16:36] Falcon Linden: some things will probably break. We can probably fix most of the ones that do. There will probably be some we can't.

[16:36] Kaluura Boa: Does that include the possility to make the objects look where they go?

[16:36] Vincent Nacon: how's the collision event handling?

[16:36] Falcon Linden: kaluura: they do look where they go

[16:36] Falcon Linden: they only ever move in their +x direction

[16:36] Kaluura Boa: Niiiice!

[16:36] Falcon Linden: vincent: it works

[16:37] Falcon Linden: at least, in my simple tests

[16:37] Falcon Linden: volume detect and collide both work for characters

[16:37] Falcon Linden: character vs character, character vs object, character vs volume detect

[16:37] Vincent Nacon: have you thought about adding more functions for collision event call?

[16:37] Andrew Linden: what Falcon means (I think) is that you can detect a character moving through a volume detect object.

[16:37] Vincent Nacon: not as more features but more control via LSL

[16:37] Kaluura Boa: Now we should be able to do trains without seeing the wagons spin...

[16:37] Andrew Linden: Not that you can make a character also be Volume Detect.

[16:38] Falcon Linden: right

[16:38] Falcon Linden: thanks for the clarification, andrew

[16:38] Ardy Lay: Heh, that would be ... odd to do.

[16:38] Vincent Nacon: sad news for the ghost people

[16:38] Falcon Linden: pfff

[16:38] Falcon Linden: kaluura: not sure what you mean about trains

[16:39] Kaluura Boa: When an object follows another, it mimics its rotation... I said it would be better that the objects look where they go instead.

[16:39] FadeOut Razorfen: is there going to be a questions section at ending ? because i've got 3 kinda important ones

[16:39] Falcon Linden: (3) There will be an Agni beta for pathfinding in the coming weeks. The beta will only be open to region owners (though once pathfinding is released gridwide, it will not require you to own a region to use it). If you are interested, please e-mail pathfinding-beta@lindenlab.com

[16:40] Rex Cronon: wouldn't be better if the object allways pointed at the object that it follows?

[16:40] Kaluura Boa: Yeah, my idea too.

[16:40] Falcon Linden: Rex: it always points in the direction it's moving. If it's not moving, I'm not sure which way it points...I think toward its target

[16:40] Andrew Linden: FadeOut, the table is more or less open. When the topic dies down just ask your first question.

[16:40] Kaluura Boa: Will check that... And then we'll talk about trains again...

[16:40] FadeOut Razorfen: okay

[16:40] Rex Cronon: kaluura just said that the follower mimic the rot of the object it follows

[16:41] Falcon Linden: (4) We're doing an experiment with llCastRay, reducing the resource limits (that is, making it easier to cast more rays)

[16:41] Draconis Neurocam: yay

[16:41] Falcon Linden: this should solve the resource pool problem, but we'll be monitoring for any griefer-related or performance issues

[16:41] Andrew Linden: Falcon, you mean "raising" the resource limits? or "removing" the limits?

[16:41] Kaluura Boa: CastRay is too complicate for the griefing script kiddies...

[16:41] Mike Denneny: Griefers seem to all be testing there stuff at the Chat hotspots.

[16:42] Falcon Linden: we're gonna go with "raising" them for now. If all goes well, we'll remove the code entirely

[16:42] Vincent Nacon: I wouldn't say stuff liek that Kaluura

[16:42] Vincent Nacon: like*

[16:42] Falcon Linden: but we might put it back if there's a problem

[16:42] Falcon Linden: really I've just disabled the code but you need to write your scripts as if it were there because it might come back

[16:42] Falcon Linden: kaluura: use llSetKeyframedMotion for trains. pathfinding results in "organic" movement not suitable for a tracked vehicle

[16:42] Falcon Linden: I hope to revisit the keyframing bugs after pathfinding ships

[16:43] Falcon Linden: That's all I can think of

[16:43] Kaluura Boa: What about flying objects?

[16:43] Jonathan Yap: Willl there be controls to tell pathfinding objects to stay within their parcel, or will that be coming later (if at all)?

[16:44] Falcon Linden: kaluura: in the future, we hope

[16:44] FadeOut Razorfen: Any plans on non attached rigged mesh object animation ? Since pathfinding is soon - I have creation of some workaround for that in my plans, and just making sure, because BVH to prim animation converter is going to take some time to make.

[16:44] Vincent Nacon: well, in light of redoing the collision event, it should need a proper collision filter with list instead of single string

[16:45] Andrew Linden: hrm... do we have plans for that? I dunno

[16:45] Vincent Nacon: no but there's a JIRA request

[16:45] Vincent Nacon: not writen by me though

[16:45] Jonathan Yap: FadeOut, that question is better asked at the content creation user group meeting

[16:45] Andrew Linden: I'd ask the viewer devs what they think. That is primarily a viewer feature.

[16:45] Mike Denneny: Non attached animation would surely bring this to another level.

[16:45] Vincent Nacon: oh you mean him

[16:46] Mike Denneny: Allowing a much more game like experience.

[16:46] Falcon Linden: Fadeout: talk to Lorca Linden

[16:46] Falcon Linden: I know that some of us would really like to do it, but there are many things we'd like to do with SL and many bugs to fix

[16:46] Mike Denneny: It's too bad alpha's still don't sort though.

[16:46] Mike Denneny: Even though our viewers detect volume.

[16:46] Flip Idlemind: My (pipe) dream for last year was animated mesh zombies in time for Halloween...maybe this year

[16:46] Flip Idlemind: Or 2015

[16:46] Johan Laurasia: I'm sure they keep you guys on a pretty narrow path

[16:46] Johan Laurasia: and timelines

[16:47] FadeOut Razorfen: thanks a lot for answer, i'l talk to lorca

[16:47] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Alpha's not sorting are more of a general graphics problem than specific to the viewer.

[16:47] Vincent Nacon: I'm sure it'll be there in time before SkyNet

[16:47] Mike Denneny: Well its been a problem for many years now.

[16:47] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: It's still a problem for games, which is why games use alpha masks a lot. :p

[16:47] FadeOut Razorfen: okay, something a bit more relevant... Would automatic update of an object be possible without any user input ? Its a real pain in a project like Linden Realms to update and replace stuff (even with loadscriptpin), i'm working on something similiar...

[16:48] FadeOut Razorfen: i've filed a jura about giving out instances of objects

[16:48] FadeOut Razorfen: but nothing happened

[16:48] Mike Denneny: Well at the moment it seems like my options are pretty limited when it comes to using alpha textures.

[16:49] FadeOut Razorfen: load script pin owner only filter just kills automatic updates

[16:49] Kaluura Boa: Filing a Jira is like writing a letter to Santa. You have to believe... very hard. =^_^=

[16:49] Ashiri Sands: One has to learn to use alpha channels creatively

[16:49] Johan Laurasia: heh

[16:49] Vincent Nacon: yup and watch real hard

[16:50] Falcon Linden: I've suggested the instances of objects thing internally

[16:50] Johan Laurasia: Ashiri's right

[16:50] Falcon Linden: it's a very tricky problem

[16:50] Flip Idlemind: So guize, is anyone here in the group of LR beta volunteers and, if so, have you received any information? I signed my thing but I haven't heard back...just wondering if Im the only one

[16:50] FadeOut Razorfen: tricky ? aw, i thought its not that hard

[16:50] Mike Denneny: Well that may not be the problem, it may very well be something being done. If you use them often its just a nuisance.. Its basically like how you used to have to muniplate prims to get things that look relatively similar to what I can get with a mesh or sculpt.

[16:50] Falcon Linden: fadeout: in SL, everything is 10x harder than it would be otherwise

[16:51] Kaluura Boa: You're not the only one, Flip. Not even a confirmation that the NDA was received.

[16:51] Ima Mechanique: FLIP, I'm still waiting for my NDA

[16:51] Falcon Linden: remember, if it breaks an existing feature, you'll all scream :)

[16:51] Mike Denneny: Its nice to have the more professional options/routs rather than using sticks and glue to get a similar effect.

[16:51] FadeOut Razorfen: yea, i know rite XD some of my stuff got broken because of physic changes that affected move_end() event

[16:52] FadeOut Razorfen: i was like ASDFOPFJPOAS

[16:52] Falcon Linden: oh? I'm sorry. Tough. ;)

[16:52] Vincent Nacon: shhh.. don't talk about the NDA stuff right now

[16:52] Mike Denneny: I appreciate your suggestion on using alphas more creatively, I'm sure for most it would be applicable.

[16:52] Falcon Linden: but yes, I personally would love to get animation in

[16:52] Flip Idlemind: Ok. I don't have easy access to a printer or a scanner so I signed and returned it a little bit slower than "immediately". I was just worried maybe I took too long and Mercille assumed I didn't want to do it

[16:52] Falcon Linden: especially since pathfinding would let us handle state transitions/blends for movement easily in fast C++ instead of with lsl

[16:52] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: FLIP - I never had a reply for weeks after signing an NDA for the v2 beta. I wouldn't worry. :p

[16:53] Kaluura Boa: I feel totally reassured... -.-

[16:53] FadeOut Razorfen: interesting...

[16:53] FadeOut Razorfen: okay, and the last one, about linden realms again... Will there be a way to attach temporary attachment without rezzing it ? Some land doesn't have rez permissions or capped land capacity, so system functionality in these parcels could be affected.

[16:55] Falcon Linden: I have no idea

[16:55] Meeter: Timecheck : User Group is almost over

[16:55] FadeOut Razorfen: yea, thats not that big of a deal anyway

[16:55] Johan Laurasia: attach works regardless of build perms

[16:55] Kaluura Boa: That's on the agenda. That's what happens with the HUD...

[16:55] FadeOut Razorfen: so i'm emptied c: thanks a lot for answers

[16:55] Falcon Linden: no problem

[16:56] Mike Denneny: Well it looks like the alpha sorting isn't relative.

[16:56] Falcon Linden: so, to recap: everyone go play with pathfinding, and e-mail pathfinding-beta@lindenlab.com if you own a region and want in on the agni beta

[16:56] Mike Denneny: got shot down pretty fast

[16:56] Falcon Linden: and everyone watch the pathfinding alpha web page for info on regions you can test your physics content on

[16:56] DrFran Babcock: will, do, have the idea already in the works.

[16:56] Ardy Lay: "Alpha sorting" isn't an SL issue. It's a general computer graphics bugaboo.

[16:56] Falcon Linden: if you don't test it there, I'm not fixing it when it breaks on agni ;) (kidding...sort of...)

[16:57] Vincent Nacon: come on Falcon, how else are they gonna learn?

[16:57] Vincent Nacon: :P

[16:57] Falcon Linden: :)

[16:57] Johan Laurasia: the bugs will be grandfathered in...lol

[16:57] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: 'Bugaboo' - Love that word, Ardy.

[16:57] Andrew Linden is AFK... got a RL meeting that spawned at my desk.

[16:57] Vincent Nacon: you don't have to stay here

[16:58] Ardy Lay: They found Andrew's snacks.

[16:58] Vincent Nacon: it's almost over anyway

[16:58] DrFran Babcock: meetings are spawning? Huh, now I am confused.

[16:58] Falcon Linden: anything else?

[16:58] Vincent Nacon: yeah.... collision filter!

[16:58] Falcon Linden: vincent: submit a jira

[16:58] Falcon Linden: :P

[16:59] Vincent Nacon: someone aready wrote one

[16:59] Falcon Linden: and it better not involve regexes

[16:59] Ashiri Sands: Only, is it possible to add in other keys/buttons for control events in the future?

[16:59] Vincent Nacon: no, just a proper list or something

[16:59] Rex Cronon: maybe a wow clan has chosen andrews desk as their meeting:)

[16:59] Falcon Linden: ashiri: sadly, that will take more work than you'd think. We currently transmit the data as a fixed width bitfield

[16:59] Falcon Linden: ashiri but yes, it's on my personal list

[16:59] Vincent Nacon: let me see if I can find it again

[16:59] DrFran Babcock: ha@Rex

[16:59] Rex Cronon: planning big raid. haha

[16:59] Kaluura Boa: Ho yeah! Just SHIFT so that we have SHIFT-FWD and SHIFT-BACK

[16:59] FadeOut Razorfen: sweet, i vote for that too

[16:59] Vincent Nacon: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-4562

[16:59] JIRA-helper: [#SVC-4562] Depreciate llCollisionFilter in favor of llFilterCollisions (new functionality)

[17:00] Flip Idlemind: Seems to be right-clicking should be detectable by scripts, for like "alt fire" on guns

[17:00] Falcon Linden: deprecate

[17:00] Flip Idlemind: to me*

[17:00] Meeter: Thank you for coming to the Server User Group

[17:00] Sahkolihaa Contepomi was about to correct that. xD

[17:00] Vincent Nacon: yeah, not my JIRA request

[17:00] Vincent Nacon: but read my comment

[17:00] Vincent Nacon: :P

[17:00] FadeOut Razorfen: i've had to do different swings on holding the C button and just tapping it, and mix it with pressed/released movement keys on my little sword fighting thingie

[17:00] Falcon Linden: I'll have a look

[17:01] Falcon Linden: it seems like a good idea

[17:01] Falcon Linden: all right, we're out of time

[17:01] Vincent Nacon: and useful for racing event

[17:01] Falcon Linden: take care, folks

[17:01] Vincent Nacon: Outta of time!

[17:01] Johan Laurasia: Thanks Falcon

[17:01] Rex Cronon: tc falcon

[17:01] Vincent Nacon: take care

[17:01] Johan Laurasia: everyone

[17:01] FadeOut Razorfen: thanks a lot, seeya c:

[17:01] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: See you.

[17:01] DrFran Babcock: good meeting. I learned a lot; I contributed nothing

[17:01] Vincent Nacon: contributed nothing? damn

[17:02] Rex Cronon: at meeting talking is called contributing:)

[17:02] Vincent Nacon: sort of

[17:02] Simon Linden: Thanks everyone for coming today

[17:02] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Enjoy your weekends, Lindens.

[17:02] Vincent Nacon: aye

[17:02] Ashiri Sands: Take care all

[17:03] Simon Linden: Hey, being here is contributing -- the more people show up, the more it's obvious to others this is worth doing

[17:03] Rex Cronon: tc simon, andrew, everybody:)

[17:03] DrFran Babcock: thanks, Simon

[17:03] Vincent Nacon: unlike the angry Sailors, Simon?

[17:03] Chieron Tenk: bye everyone

[17:03] Rex Cronon: have nice day people:)

[17:03] Ardy Lay: Simon, we are "load testing". ;-)

[17:03] MartinRJ: goodbye

[17:03] Ardy Lay: You get some good loads when the sailing groups are upset.

[17:03] DrFran Babcock: back to building Bruges

[17:04] Simon Linden: As unpleasant as the laggy sailor event was, it actually went OK, and they left knowing we took it seriously. Jira and blog posts didn't do that

[17:04] Vincent Nacon: yeah... you're welcome

[17:04] Vincent Nacon: :P

[17:04] Ardy Lay: Well, I was hoping you did some script counting when they were here.

[17:04] Vincent Nacon: I had a lot of IMs on that day

[17:05] Ardy Lay: A couple of those folks are wearing hundreds of script when they visit me.

[17:05] Vincent Nacon: a lot of people assumed I was a linden

[17:05] Motor Loon: "Laggy sailor event"?

[17:05] Sahkolihaa Contepomi points to Falcon wearing 243 at the moment.

[17:05] Vincent Nacon: yeah, you don't want to be here when that happen

[17:05] Ardy Lay: Those two have some game HUD they wear all the time that has avout 250 scripts in it.

[17:06] Simon Linden: It's a long story, Motor

[17:06] Vincent Nacon: Tiny Empire?

[17:06] Ardy Lay: I can imagine why it would need that.

[17:06] Ardy Lay: I don't know what it is called.

[17:06] Simon Linden: I have to run - take care everyone, have a good weekend

[17:06] Vincent Nacon: take care

[17:06] Ima Mechanique: bye Simon

[17:07] Motor Loon: Any info on that anywhere Simon?



Simulator_User_Group

Prev 2012.03.13 Next 2012.03.20