Snowglobe is an experimental viewer for Second Life.
- The Get source and compile page gives general information about how to compile the source.
- Current Release Cycle - information on features and patches pending for the current release cycle
- Here's a list of documents on the main features in Snowglobe 1.2 that are not available in the Second Life 1.23 viewer:
- Media Rendering Plugin Framework Technical Overview - New Plugin architecture allowing media of all kinds to render in Snowglobe
- Interop Viewer Open Grid Protocol - Documents how OGP (now VWRAP) is implemented in Snowglobe
- HTTP Texture - Project to transition from custom UDP-based protocol to HTTP for texture delivery
- S3 based viewer map - Utilizing HTTP Texture for the in-viewer map
- Commit mail and build system notifications: sldev-commits mailing list.
- Developers discussion: opensource-dev mailing list.
- Snowglobe Committer List - List of people with direct commit access who are working to build this viewer
- Snowglobe Development Process - Development practices for everyone working on the Snowglobe viewer
- Snowglobe QA - More details on the process we'll use to maintain high quality releases
- Browse source: snowglobe branch in Trac - browse the source code we're working on
For an introduction to the goals of the Snowglobe viewer, see Philip's blog post: "Intensifying Open Source Effort" which describes our new approach to open source. See Philip's mail to sldev for a little bit more about the name.