Solution Provider Directory
Thank you for your interest in the Second Life solution provider program. If you're interested in creating content or experiences in the Second Life virtual world, the tools, individuals, and companies listed in the Solution Provider Directory are available to assist you. You'll find a complete listing of companies who can assist you with everything from a full-scale island build and long-term marketing plan to smaller projects such as creating a custom avatar or creating custom scripts to enable interaction with objects on your property.
Full-service Companies https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SPDFull-service_Companies
Companies that provide start-to-finish management of complex or large-scale projects, such building out an entire region, or creating a large event for many participants as well as additional services, such as marketing or strategic planning.
Talented and experienced users of Second Life who can provide you with specific skills such as making avatar skins or tackling other small projects.
Developer Tools https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SPDDeveloper_Tools
Software, scripts, or other resources provided by individuals or companies that import or export content or information, simplify development, or enable interaction with Second Life and its content.
Software Solution Providers https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SPDSoftware_Solution_Providers
Individuals or companies with in-house programming expertise who offer customization and enhancement of the Second Life Viewer source code or can build products and services which use Second Life's APIs.
Tips for choosing and working with a solution provider
- Have a clear goal. Your goal should tie to your marketing or business objectives.
- Do you want to manage the project yourself, have in-house staff contribute, or outsource the entire project?
- Do you want consulting on your strategic goals, or assistance with marketing your project to the Second Life community?
- Decide if you need to contract a full-service company for your project, or if you’d prefer to manage the project and hire consultants for specific tasks.
- Conduct thorough research before selecting a Solution Provider to work with. In addition to obtaining and checking references, visit recent projects on the Second Life Grid to see if their style and approach is appropriate for you. Ask about metrics and results for previous projects.
Disclaimer: Linden Lab makes no representation of the ability of the companies and individuals listed, nor of the capability of any tools listed. Please treat these providers like you would any other. Ask for references, look at previous work, and, if appropriate, sign a contract with them before they begin service.
If you would like to be included in the solution provider directory, please fill out this form for review. https://forms.gle/vp4d96Eh6cSYTrWD8