Why nonce ?
hello im very disturbed by this "nonce" thing, why didnt you make a simple md5 function like other languages and then i can build myself a "nonce" if needed. I cannot use md5 with all my php cms because some are using string nonce and some are not using nonce at all... —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Ssm2017 Binder
- All you have to do is append ':' and the nonce at the end of the string to duplicate the LSL functionality in another language... that or you can use the LSL MD5 library. -- Strife (talk|contribs) 06:19, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
- as said in my first question, some php cms are using a string as nonce like joomla.org for the password so i cannot make a link with lsl and i dont have the access to hack the cms core because lsl imposes the nonce to be an integer (this could be so easy to dont include nonce at all in lsl like this i can build myself the nonce system) anyway, i will have to use this extra lsl MD5 library (thank you for the link)
Catagory LSL String ?
How do we get this function in catagory String, and catagory Encryption? I keep bumping into the fact I can't find it under String --Vernes 20:47, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- Fixed =)
- Categories can be defining the cat1 ... catN variables as the name of the category (without the LSL prefix). Have a look at the edit here.
- Can also read Template:LSL Function/docs for further info.
- Greetz, Lynch (talk|contribs) 21:08, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- Great explaination! Thanks! --Vernes 08:53, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
Beware the Performance Cost of llMD5String
This function exacts a relatively high price on the script engine during operation. Be very sure you need to use it and do not overuse it.
Darrius Gothly 13:12, 3 June 2010 (UTC)