User:Nyx Linden/Mesh Office Hours Agenda
Mesh Team's Office Hours Agenda
Office hours are on Mondays at 11 AM in Pacific time (SL standard time) located on the beta grid (Aditi) in Mesh HQ 1 at: Mesh HQ on Aditi
Topics are focused on anything related to the mesh import project. Feature requests, bug reports, design feedback, questions, comments, or example content are welcome.
Please add topics for discussion / agenda items to the end of the list below prior to 10:50 AM. Priority will be given to topics that are posted in advance and are relevant to the goals of the office hour. Feel free to include relevant links to JIRA or wiki pages. Contact Nyx Linden, Runitai Linden, or Charlar Linden if you are unsure if your topic is relevant or appropriate.
Archived agendas can be found at the agenda archive.
Next meeting scheduled for: February 14, 2011.
February 28, 2011
Note: Linden is closed on Feb 21
- Where will the logs of these meetings go after the Jive forum is read-only?
- Can you give us an update on recent progress, what your priorities are right now, and what (if anything) you need us to test and report on right now?
- Are we there yet?
- Can we sell the skin and Mesh which were made from Avator Obj of CC BY-SA 3.0 in the second life?
- Can Linden Lab clarify the breadth of what constitutes re-use of the avatar mesh covered under the CC BY-SA 3.0? Please see forum post requested by Nyx earlier a couple of weeks ago for reference: http://blogs.secondlife.com/message/618204
- Is User Group in which Nyx joins only Mesh?
- What is the status on the Joint Positions not working? As per the JIRA here: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/CTS-472
- Will there be a quick "right-click -> Detach" option for rigged mesh as there are for normal attached prims?
- Can the color of the skeleton and background in the upload mesh preview window be made configurable? It's difficult to see the black wireframe skeleton against the dark blue background.
- The 64m prim size limit is great, but are we going to see an even higher limit(sim-sized meshes/prims)? How does the current limit affect linkability rules?
- Maturity ratings in the mesh sandboxes
- Are we near/at final streaming and physics cost calculations?
- Could we possibly get a hotkey combo for mesh uploads? (and for that matter, is there a specific reason why only textures get this currently?
- If residents cannot make more and better expressions, will the Lindens revisit them and provide new ones? Present ones are downright scary.