User:Nyx Linden/Office Hours Agenda
Nyx Linden's Office Hours Agenda
Office hours are on Wednesdays at Noon in Pacific time (SL standard time) located in Borrowdale at: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Borrowdale/74/217/32
Topics are focused on avatars, content creation efficiency, content creation tools and methods, rendering issues, and many related random topics.
Please add topics for discussion / agenda items to the end of the list below prior to 11:50 AM. Priority will be given to topics that are posted in advance and are relevant to the goals of the office hour. Feel free to include relevant links to JIRA or wiki pages. Contact Nyx Linden if you are unsure if your topic is relevant or appropriate.
Archived agendas can be found at the agenda archive.
Next meeting scheduled for: September 29, 2010.
September 29, 2010
- Collada geometry origin not used? Will cause problem with LODs being off center without hacky work around?
- Will vehicles use the prim count of the physics hull and allow use of over 31 prims on the visible mesh part?
- Will scripting support changing an object between different meshes?
- Will mesh import support normal maps ? Or any other normal storing system ?
- Question about viewer technology: what data is in a "Shape", other than form and size? Reason for question: The "Shape" exported by TPVs that adhere to the ToS/TPVP rules contain 4 UUIDs that appear to correspond to textures (one or two seem to be eyes, despite Eyes being a separate wearable, and another appears to be related to the Alpha wearable). What is actually in a "Shape", officially?
- Bulk Reset/Compiling scripts doesn't show full feedback anymore: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-18027 & https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-17976
- Update on UI changes for content creators
- Fairwell to Aimee and the rest of the Brighton office...
- Information on size affecting prim count? What kind of scale is it likely to increase count?
- Will Rigged mesh attachments support linked objects?
- Purpose of submesh? Can they be treated as separate links, EG rotate, position etc different to the root?
- Any planned scale limit? large mesh is excellent for terrain, buildings, most sim building use. Mega prims are already used in this function
- Shadows: would be great to be able to designate which objects cast and receive shadows, as well as designate the color of shadows cast. Already put this on the PJIRA but I'd like to hear your thoughts.