I'm from Italy. I started using Second Life in 2006. I'm fascinated by its complexity and its technical aspects, as well as by the freedom it provides to creative users. I like to discover new or little-known features and share what I learn (usually, via Twitter or YouTube). I have some scripting and building skills, which I use to design and build part of LOL region.
Contacts / Writings, Readings, Photos, Videos
- Leave a message on my feed: my.secondlife.com/opensource.obscure
- Email me:
- Twitter: @oobscure (English) - @opensl (Italian)
- Diaspora*: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photos: Flickr - Snapzilla / Videos: YouTube
- friendfeed.com/oobscure - aggregated online public activities and feeds of mine
- opensourceobscure.com - il mio blog dedicato a Second Life (Italian)
JOIN THIS IN-WORLD GROUP TO ASK QUESTIONS, DISCUSS, GET NEWS AND UPDATES ABOUT VIEWER 2.x: Second Life Viewer 2.0 http://j.mp/slv2group
- http://slurl.com/secondlife/LOL/12/34 - LOL is the region I own, together with some friends, and my Second Life home. Look here for details about the interactive installations I built there. Most scripts are free (Reflexive Architecture techniques, sensors, HTTP-in web-control).
- http://slurl.com/secondlife/Vulcano/87/139/34 - more info: User:Opensource_Obscure/Vulcano
- http://slurl.com/secondlife/Hambone%20Slash/48/39/70 - see http://the-wastelands.org for info about The Wastelands community
My Hardware and Software
- Video card = Zotac GeForce GTX 260; CPU = i5 660 @ 3.33GHz; 4 GB RAM
- Logitech Spacenavigator
- Operating system: Linux Ubuntu 10.10 (Gnome)
- Video recording: GLC - NEW! Linux - with tips and detailed instructions!
- My Viewer 2 mods (instructions in English and Italian) - add a Sky button to the Location Bar + new shortcuts for Set Busy/Not Busy, About Place, Region/Estate, Hide/Show UI and Shadows (Aggiungi un bottone per il cielo nella Location Bar e nuove combinazioni di tasti).
- MediaWiki Extensions: SimpleTable -- VariablesExtension
- RenderShadowClipPlanes Debug Setting. (vedi qui - Put in values like 50 150 300 and you will find the distance at which shadows show to be increased, be aware tho that they might be a little more rough up close).
- I release all my contributions to this Wiki also under GPL v2.0 and GFDL