| Torley Linden, and I amplify your awesome.
I started my Second Life as a Resident (affectionately abbreviated as "Resi") in 2004 before working for Linden Lab, and grew very passionate about making our world a better place for you to live.
What I do
I'm the Resident Enlightenment Manager on the Experience Design Team. My job is to teach you how to get the most out of Second Life.
I'm also a prime architect and contributor on this Wiki.
Unofficially, I'm the Second Life Culture Minister.
- Previously, I was on the Documentation Team. I've also been on various incarnations of community-facing teams.
- I wrote a lot of the Viewer 2 Help.
- I've made 250+ Second Life video tutorials & promos which've gotten 5+ million total views. Visit our new YouTube channel and subscribe!
- I also nourish content creativity — I've made guides on making movies, taking snapshots, etc. which have helped thousands of Residents (hundreds of which personally told me... thank you!).
- Related, I'm a lead contributor to this very wiki, with 2+ million views on pages I've started or been a major contributor to. You can see every edit I've made here.
- I contribute a lot to the Official Second Life Blogs, with 250+ posts made. Come see our Tips & Tricks!
- Related, I make frequent guest appearances on the forums.
- You can call me an uber-explorer and avid photographer of inworld beauty.
- In 2009, I mined our info-pages for Message of The Day tips & promo links.
- I've been known to wax philosophical and positively motivate others. Emphasizing how Second Life can improve your First Life is definitely a fave topic.
- Additionally, I specialize in connecting seemingly unrelated pieces together and not just observing, but sharing eclecticism that gets missed!
- Trivia: I've popularized usage of ways to do things in Second Life, like inventory-sorting and machinima-filming. I've also popularized numerous Second Life terms, including "Resi", "flexiprim", and "facelight". (But not "landbot". :p)
- These are some of my free textures, also available on Xstreet:
- For my career highlights including stuff outside of SL, see my VisualCV. It's like a resume but better.
What I'm working on
See my newest:
Meet me in Second Life!Template:Office Hours/include
^ Old archives.