| Torley Linden, and I amplify your awesome.
I started my Second Life as a Resident (affectionately abbreviated as "Resi") in 2004 before working for Linden Lab, and grew very passionate about making our world a better place for you to live.
What I do
I'm the Resident Enlightenment Manager on the Editorial Division of the Experience Design Team. My job is to teach you how to get the most out of Second Life.
(But wait, there's more...)
I'm also a prime architect and contributor on this Wiki.
Unofficially, I'm the Second Life Culture Minister.
- Previously, I was on the Documentation Team. I've also been on various incarnations of community-facing teams and I've worked on product management/development, quality assurance, user interface design, and so on. (I've never formally worked in marketing, but some Resis erroneously call me "Linden Lab PR". I'm just around a lot.)
- I wrote a lot of the Viewer 2 Help.
- I've made 300+ Second Life video tutorials & promos which've gotten 6+ million total views. Visit our YouTube channel and subscribe!
- I also nourish content creativity — I've made guides on making movies, taking snapshots, etc. which have helped thousands of Residents (many of which personally told me... thank you!).
- Related, I'm a lead contributor to this very wiki, with 2+ million views on pages I've started or been a major contributor to. You can see every edit I've made here.
- I contribute a lot to the Official Second Life Blogs, with 250+ posts made. Come see our Tips & Tricks!
- Related, I make frequent guest appearances on the forums.
- You can call me an uber-explorer and avid photographer of inworld beauty. Some of the cool places I visit get added to the Destination Guide.
- In 2009, I mined our info-pages for Message of The Day tips & promo links.
- I've been known to wax philosophical and positively motivate others. Emphasizing how Second Life can improve your First Life is definitely a fave topic.
- Additionally, I specialize in connecting seemingly unrelated pieces together and not just observing, but sharing eclecticism that gets missed!
- Trivia: I've popularized usage of ways to do things in Second Life, like inventory-sorting and machinima-filming. I've also popularized numerous Second Life terms, including "Resi", "flexiprim", and "facelight". (But not "landbot". :p)
- These are some of my free textures, also available on the Marketplace:
What I'm working on
See my newest:
Meet me in Second Life!
^ Old archives.