From Second Life Wiki
| Torley Linden, and I amplify your awesome.
I started my Second Life as a Resident (affectionately abbreviated as "Resi") in 2004 before working for Linden Lab, and grew very passionate about making our world a better place for you to live.
What I do
I'm the Resident Enlightenment Manager on the Editorial Division of the Experience Design Team.
My job is to teach you how to get the most out of Second Life.
(But wait, there's more...)
- I've made 300+ Second Life video tutorials & promos which've gotten 6+ million total views. Visit our YouTube channel and subscribe! Here's something awesome Brett Linden and I did:
- It thus becomes clear I nourish content creativity — I've made guides on making movies, taking snapshots, etc. which have helped thousands of Residents (many of which personally told me... thank you!).
- I contribute a lot to the Official Second Life Blogs, with 250+ posts made. Come see our Tips & Tricks!
- Related, I make frequent guest appearances on the forums to answer questions and demystify, well, mysteries.
- You can call me an uber-explorer and avid photographer of inworld beauty. Some of the cool places I visit get added to the Destination Guide.
- I do various artwork and design for official SL branding stuff, including login screens and Marketplace banner art. It's hard to stay away from watermelon colors. I try.
- In 2009, I mined our info-pages for Message of The Day tips & promo links.
- I've been known to wax philosophical and positively motivate others. Emphasizing how Second Life can improve your First Life is definitely a fave topic.
- Additionally, I specialize in connecting seemingly unrelated pieces together and not just observing, but sharing eclecticism that gets missed!
- These are some of my free textures, also available on the Marketplace:
- Trivia: I've popularized usage of ways to do things in Second Life, like inventory-sorting and machinima-filming. I've also popularized numerous Second Life terms, including "Resi", "flexiprim", and "facelight". (But not "landbot". :p)
- Unofficially, I'm the Second Life Culture Minister
- All pronouns apply to me.
Stuff I did; not so much now:
- I was a highly active prime architect and lead contributor on this Wiki, with 2+ million views on pages I've started or substantially edited. I can still help when needed, but my focus has changed over time. You can see every edit I've made here.
- I was on the Documentation Team. I've also been on various incarnations of community-facing teams and I've worked on product management/development, quality assurance, user interface design, and so on. (I've never formally worked in marketing, but some Resis erroneously call me "Linden Lab PR". I'm just around a lot.)
- I wrote a lot of SL Viewer Help's previous generations.
What I'm working on
See my newest:
^ Old archives.