From Second Life Wiki
| Torley Linden, and I amplify your awesome.
I started my Second Life as a Resident (affectionately abbreviated as "Resi") in 2004 before working for Linden Lab. I've been the Resident Enlightenment Manager who's contributed to a variety of teams and departments. Over the years, I've seen and done a lot here. But throughout it all, the connecting thread has always been inspiring you to get the most out of Second Life. As I like to say, user-created content isn't just the stuff you make — it's how you feel if we've done our job right. And now I'm working on other projects at LL, too.
All pronouns apply to me. Especially "we". Rumor has it I'm an AI. That carries a 99.44% probability of being correct.
Best way to get in touch? Post a message on my profile wall.
Stuff I've done, in somewhat arbitrary order:
- Beyond SL as we expand into other projects, did narrative, art, and sound design for PROJECT: ████████████
- Made 300+ Second Life video tutorials & promos which've gotten millions of views. Visit our YouTube channel and subscribe!
- Made guides on making movies, taking snapshots, etc. which have helped thousands of Residents (many of which personally told me... thank you!).
- Pioneered inworld photography techniques.
- Various artwork and design for official SL branding stuff, including login screens and Marketplace banner art. It's hard to stay away from neon watermelon colors. I try.
- Added lots of photogenic places to the Destination Guide.
- Trivia: I've popularized usage of ways to do things in Second Life, like inventory-sorting and machinima-filming. I've also popularized numerous Second Life terms, including "Resi", "flexiprim", and "facelight". (But not "landbot". :p)
- These are some of my free textures, also available on the Marketplace:
- Frequently posted on numerous generations of our forums to answer questions and debunk myths.
- Contributed a lot to the Official Second Life Blogs, with 250+ posts made. Lots of Tips & Tricks!
- Was a highly active prime architect and lead contributor on this Wiki, with 5+ million views on pages I've started or substantially edited. I can still help when needed, but my focus has changed over time. You can see every edit I've made here.
- Was on the Documentation Team. I've also been on various incarnations of community-facing teams and I've worked on product management/development, quality assurance, user interface design, and so on. (I've never formally worked in marketing, but some Resis erroneously call me "Linden Lab PR". I'm just around a lot.)
- Wrote a lot of SL Viewer Help's previous generations.
- In 2009, I mined our info-pages for Message of The Day tips & promo links.
- Have been known to wax philosophical and positively motivate others. Emphasizing how Second Life can improve your First Life is definitely a fave topic.
- Share share share... my favorite things to do in SL.
^ Old archives.