User talk:Zai Lynch
Welcome to my discussion page =)
If you want to leave a comment / start a discussion, please operate as follows:
- Press the edit button on top of the page.
- Scroll down and start a new topic using: == Name of the topic ==
- Write what you want me to know and then sign it with four tildes: ~~~~ (or the signature button ). These will automatically be converted into your username and a timestamp.
- Preview the page and save it if you're comfortable with it. Make sure to click the "Watch this page" button 'cause i'll answer your question / discuss your topic in here so everyone can follow the discussion and don't have to click from one talk page to the next to be able to keep track.
- If you want to answer to a persons posting you can scroll behind the posting, hit enter to start a new line and begin it with a colon. It will be displayed as an intended line then.
- If you want to answer to an answer, please write multiple colons in the beginning of the line.
- If I made a contribution at your discussion page, please answer there. I'll surely read it.
- Happy editing :-)
Old comments and discussions are archived since this page was growing to large. In case you'd like to reply to one of the archived discussions, please open a new topic here and name it: Re:Name of the old discussion.
Hey Zai, the Knowledge Base isn't meant to cover unsupported stuff, as useful as it may be (like Rebaking textures). I encourage simply linking to the Advanced page instead of typing the keystroke each time to activate, so that Residents are well-apprised of its benefits AND what they should NOT expect. =) - Torley on 2009-11-02 @ 3:38 PM PST
- Ah, ok, NP. :-)
- BTW: Something weird happened to the article... I made my edit and validated it. Then you made your edit and validated it.
- Expected would be, that it shows your version as default (stable) and that there is no draft anymore since yours was the latest edit.
- However, it is showing yours as default and mine as draft. This is a little strange. It might be that we were both editing at the same time and that this was causing it. I'll fix it in a few, but wanted to mention it, since it's unexpected and may lead to unwanted outcome in the future, when it's unnoticed. (An editor editing your stable page will automatically be prompted to my draft. This isn't desired behaviour.)
- More BTW: I'd like to incorporate parts of User:Lum Pfohl/Troubleshooting#Avatar Covered With Onscreen Textures in the article (she mentioned to be fine with using her content in other articles). Also an explanation about how baking works, since it's often mentioned by Residents that "it can't be my system, since other people are seeing it too!". They need to understand that their system is not just baking but also distributing the textures. It seems to be technical overkill but when they don't understand that part, then they might dismiss the article and search for another, since they might think that it's not covering their problem.
- And something completly different: When moving pages to a new spot, please move them including all subpages (I think there should always be a checkbox for that). Reason is, to not bury the redirects to translated pages (e.g. <pagename>/de, <pagename>/fr, etc.).
- Hm... I think that was all for the moment. And I should go to bed ^^
- -- (talk|contribs) 00:05, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
- I see I didn't look to closely and what you added meanwhile. The sentence "These defects are visible to other people..." might be enough for the above mentioned problem.
- -- (talk|contribs) 00:24, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
Strife and Zai, Just a note to ask if you can keep an eye on User_talk:Soft_Linden#sensor_caveat, I noticed that it's linked at least twice on Sensor and quite possibly a few other places (unfortunately there's no what links here for header anchors) so if Soft archives the discussion it will break a bunch of links. I'm not about to go on Soft's talk page and ask him not to ever archive a discussion but since you two keep a very close eye on anything that changes anywhere on the wiki I figured you might see if it's ever disturbed. Thanks. GW (T|C) -- 15:03, 8 November 2009 (UTC)