Viewer 2 Help
Welcome to our lovely Viewer 2!
We've got lots of help to support the awesome improvements!
Fresh tips & tricks
On SLTNT, get a dose of dynamite knowledge!
|Tip: Follow Kate Linden on Twitter, play trivia to win a Viewer 2 bear!|
What help is available for Viewer 2?
- Totally new context-sensitive help built into the Viewer - Open just about any window, sidebar tab, and so on, and click the ? button. It doesn't get any easier. For example:
- Quick Start Guide - A comprehensively-illustrated tour of what you need to know. Also available from the Viewer's sidebar when you click the Home tab:
- Beta FAQ - Hot questions answered in PDF format.
- Release Notes - Need to dig into the details and get a blow-by-blow list of what's changed? Check these out.
- Beginner's Video Tutorials - Like visual learning? Check out these fun and friendly how-tos hosted by Torley. For example:
- Transition Video Tutorials - Switching over from Viewer 1.23? You'll want to see these.
- Viewer 2 Moves - What features moved where.
- Answers to a Few FAQs on Viewer 2 - Covers media controls, build menu, object inspector, HUDs and the sidebar, and PPC Mac support.
^ Showing web content on a prim is one of Viewer 2's flagship features. Click through to get help and see examples!
How is the Knowledge Base being updated for Viewer 2 help?
In many cases, the new in-Viewer context sensitive help replaces old articles, which we'll be archiving as we transition from Viewer 1.23 to 2. In addition, the Documentation Team is focusing on hot stuff to update. The process is incremental and gradual, and since the KB is Resident-contributed, if you'd like to help, come join us!
- Second Life Answers - Ask fellow Residents questions about Viewer 2! Feel the love.
- If you want to share Viewer 2 experiences, we also have a forum for that.
|Warning: These are unofficial and Linden Lab cannot guarantee them to work. Use at your own risk.|