Viewer Crash Reporting
- Report all crashes properly (opt-out available)
- Make crash report processing automatic and immediate
- Make crash report data useful
Studio Shiny has committed to making the Second Life viewer more stable. This involves finding and fixing viewer crashes. We have found that the existing crash reporter doesn't help us as much as it should. It doesn't always give us the data we need to investigate crash patterns, doesn't scale to SL's current size, doesn't always report a crash, in fact, sometimes the crash reporter itself crashes.
- Create central library of crash reporter functionality
- Get near 100% of all crashes reported with the call stack included