Viewer Evolution User Group
Review of proposals for new features and changes in the official Second Life Viewer.
Open to all Second Life users who would like to collaborate with Linden Lab and open source developers to improve the viewer experience.
The agenda for the next meeting is:
- add new changes in gpu_table.txt/support for new and recent GPU's (added by TriloByte Zanzibar)
- Also STORM-761 Windlight (added by TriloByte Zanzibar)
- Ability to filter media by domain in the viewer (Added by Cummere Mayo and Qie Niangao)
Better display of parcel permissions and group effects
- was: Automatically switch active group on group land
- re-opened; parcel permission icons often overlooked until problem occurs at which point mistake has been made, automatic switching is the superior long-term solution as it can prevent mistakes in the first place, and allow group permissions to "just work" as most users expect them to.
Investigate restrictions on storing and exchanging inventory items within prims and notecards
- was: Ability to synch landmarks between alts on the same computer
- Display Names not being cached properly? Frequently display names won't display right away, even though they've been displayed elsewhere recently, seems like they're being fetched again every time. - Haravikk Mistral (would post or find JIRA issue but can't)
- Possible cause:
display_name_next_updatein avatar_name_cache.xml always seems to be set to the unix epoch (1970-01-01T00:00:00Z), possibly causing updates unnecessarily? - Haravikk Mistral
- Possible cause:
- Chat transcripts/history for IMs still aren't always logged consistently, mostly causing newer messages to be stored in a different file from that used to display recent chat history when opening a new IM session. All cases of IMs being logged should really use username for consistency, with detectable files using legacy name transferred over automatically. - Haravikk Mistral (would post or find JIRA issue but can't)
Records of past meetings: Viewer Evolution User Group/Archive
- See the list of other user groups.