Viewer Evolution User Group
Review of proposals for new features and changes in the official Second Life Viewer.
Open to all Second Life users who would like to collaborate with Linden Lab and open source developers to improve the viewer experience.
The agenda for the next meeting is:
- add new changes in gpu_table.txt/support for new and recent GPU's (added by TriloByte Zanzibar)
- Also STORM-761 Windlight (added by TriloByte Zanzibar)
- Ability to filter media by domain in the viewer (Added by Cummere Mayo and Qie Niangao)
Better display of parcel permissions and group effects
- was: Automatically switch active group on group land
- should remain open under the new parent issue as one of a set of alternatives, and only be closed once one or more alternatives have been implemented such that the problem of group switching is solved to some reasonable degree. If code-related issues exist that make VWR-7830 difficult to implement at present, then these should be added as depended-upon issues accordingly so that they might someday be resolved.
Investigate restrictions on storing and exchanging inventory items within prims and notecards
- was: Ability to synch landmarks between alts on the same computer
- Display Names not being cached properly? Frequently display names won't display right away, even though they've been displayed elsewhere recently, seems like they're being fetched again every time. - Haravikk Mistral (would post or find JIRA issue but can't)
- Possible cause:
display_name_next_updatein avatar_name_cache.xml always seems to be set to the unix epoch (1970-01-01T00:00:00Z), possibly causing updates unnecessarily? - Haravikk Mistral
- Possible cause:
- Chat transcripts/history for IMs still aren't always logged consistently, mostly causing newer messages to be stored in a different file from that used to display recent chat history when opening a new IM session. All cases of IMs being logged should really use username for consistency, with detectable files using legacy name transferred over automatically. - Haravikk Mistral (would post or find JIRA issue but can't)
- Minimising interface clutter for Viewer 2.0/Snowstorm
Records of past meetings: Viewer Evolution User Group/Archive
- See the list of other user groups.