Viewer Evolution User Group
Review of proposals for new features and changes in the official Second Life Viewer.
Open to all Second Life users who would like to collaborate with Linden Lab and open source developers to improve the viewer experience.
The agenda for the next meeting is:
- Improved Camera Placement
- Adeon Writer 20:57, 26 June 2011 (PDT) Adding Neck and Root Attachment Points Adding this as recommended in the opensource-dev mailing list. --
- Draw Distance Slider - Any progress on this getting approved? --TriloByte Zanzibar 08:00, 1 July 2011 (PDT)
- TriloByte Zanzibar Framerate Stutter - back in recent builds--
- TriloByte Zanzibar Alpha Textures Disappearing when Lighting & Shadows Enabled --
- You can not group outfits by category by creating folders and dropping outfits into these. Are there going to be folders or accordions in the Outfits Panel? Nalates Urriah
- Haravikk Mistral
llMapDestination ignores look_at parameter --
- This appears to be sent as expected by the simulator, but is ignored by the viewer, should be easy to finally enable. Of particular interest if we ever get .
- Is it possible to include in the veiwer the ability to change mouse steering from the left mouse button to the right mouse button, and to allow the dropdown menu to be accessed by something like alt+right click, instead? Use of the left mouse button can be stresful on the wrist, where I've found that using the right mouse button for steering is much less so. -- User:KeeperS Karu
- Existing JIRA? Needs to file one?
- TriloByte Zanzibar SSL Error and profile floater size issue in Mac OSX 10.7 --
- Why is the new interface for Windlight implemented as floaters that literally cover the whole area which actually matters when editing atmosphere colours (namely the environment itself !), and not inside the sidebar as would be expected. Why have avatar editing in the sidebar and not have a sidebar tab for windlight settings (or other potentially useful settings)? It doesn't make any sense. (Angel Alphaville)
- Incorrect Height Displayed in Appearance Editor
- oobscure 05:24, 29 July 2011 (PDT) Avatar body twists too far when turning while flying --
- Something minor: The resize handle on the lower right corner of the viewer window has never worked since it was introduced at some point during summer last year. It must be a matter or minutes to make it work as it works in other windows (like the Inventory floater.
- Improved Windlight Defaults
- Not the easiest issue to fix, but viewer should really download files into a /Download or /Temporary folder within its cache folder (so power users can move it using a symbolic link if required). Moving/Copying of files from this folder into the cache directory proper should then be performed in its own thread to avoid locking up the viewer. This issue is particularly noticeable if you set your cache to a non start-up volume, and then open large scripts within an object, as the viewer will usually freeze until they have downloaded.
Records of past meetings: Viewer Evolution User Group/Archive
- See the list of other user groups.