||Important: This article has been translated. The translation was imported on Feb 17. Any changes will require re-export for incremental translation.
Changes how text chat appears and is arranged.
| Small, Medium, and Large
|| Choose a size for text chat.
| Chat colors
|| Click the swatches to open a Color Picker and customize the color chat for:
- Me - Your text chat, by default the same as Others. Change to make your own words stand out.
- Others - Text chat from other Residents.
- IM - Text as it appears in Conversations.
- System - Text sent by Second Life system, such as "Connecting to in-world Voice Chat..." and when your L$ balance is updated.
- Errors - Error messages sent by a scripted object.
- Objects - Text chat from scripted objects, such as information or welcome kiosks.
- Owner - Text chat from a scripted object you own. See llOwnerSay scripting call.
- URLs - Clickable hyperlinks recognized because they begin with
secondlife://. These are also underlined so you know you can click on them. URLs beginning with
secondlife:// are automatically converted to SLurls.
| Play typing animation when chatting
|| By default when typing in nearby chat, your avatar's arms move and there's a typing sound. Uncheck this to disable those effects. This only affects you.
| Enable plain text chat history
|| Displays Communicate > Nearby Chat compactly. When disabled, displays avatar icons and additional formatting.
| Show IMs in:
|| Controls whether Instant Messages appear in Separate windows or Tabs.