Beta Server Office Hours/Minutes/2010-01-21

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

This meeting was held on January 21st, 2010

Agenda

Resolved Items

Meeting Minutes

  • Talked about 1.36.1
    • mono issues
    • estate ban stuffs


Transcript

Transcript of Oskar Linden's Beta Server Office Hour for January 21st, 2010:


List of Attendees

Transcript

[14:59] Oskar Linden: hi everyone
[14:59] Oskar Linden: heh
[14:59] Holger Gilruth: Hi Oscar :)
[14:59] Holger Gilruth: I will log the chat again ok?
[14:59] Oskar Linden: all I know of french is Je suis un chaud lapin
[15:00] Oskar Linden: thanks holger
[15:00] Psi Merlin: Hi Oskar, Lii and everyone
[15:00] Eddi Decosta: dont boot me in 4000m oskar LOL
[15:00] Oskar Linden takes a deep breath and then sips coffee
[15:00] Drew Dwi: whew, got my head back xD
[15:01] Oskar Linden: thanks everyone for coming
[15:01] Lil Linden: indeed. Nice crowd today :)
[15:01] Oskar Linden: yeah
[15:01] Oskar Linden: this is great
[15:01] Oskar Linden: ok
[15:01] Holger Gilruth: really?
[15:01] Oskar Linden: here is our agenda
[15:01] Oskar Linden: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Beta_Server_Office_Hours #Agenda
[15:02] Oskar Linden: I'm gonna add this link
[15:02] Oskar Linden: https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&type=1&pid=10002&version=10568&sorter /field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC
[15:02] Oskar Linden: can everyone see that?
[15:02] Oskar Linden: it's just a list of current 1.36 bugs
[15:02] Melfina Marshdevil waits for her firefox.....
[15:02] Drew Dwi: shows 3
[15:02] Oskar Linden: that looks like all we have
[15:03] Oskar Linden: I just wanted to make sure I made that link public access
[15:03] Holger Gilruth: yes its viewable
[15:03] Veron Helstein: yep
[15:03] Oskar Linden: cool
[15:03] Oskar Linden: so first item is discussion of previously open items
[15:04] Oskar Linden: SVC-4632 is on the ilst of open items
[15:04] People getting past Estate and Land bans
[15:04] Drew Dwi: that repro good enough?
[15:04] Oskar Linden: I believe there is a fix for that going into server next month
[15:04] Oskar Linden: it wasn't ready for 1.36
[15:04] Drew Dwi: yikes ok, better late than never ^^
[15:05] Oskar Linden: true
[15:05] Melfina Marshdevil: yes its quite the annoying issue
[15:05] Oskar Linden: it really comes down to when fixes are given to QA
[15:05] Oskar Linden: for sanity sake we have to have code freezes
[15:05] Drew Dwi nods
[15:05] Oskar Linden: it is an important fix and we realise that
[15:05] Oskar Linden: it just wasn't ready for the 1.36.0 train
[15:05] Veron Helstein: is it true that land-bans are enforced on client-side?
[15:06] Oskar Linden: I don't think so Veron
[15:06] Oskar Linden: but there is some weird route that allows people past land bans
[15:06] Drew Dwi: that would be... scary
[15:06] Melfina Marshdevil: is it that a method of sim entry isnt checked?
[15:06] Oskar Linden: as a rule we don't trust the client
[15:06] Oskar Linden: but there are still some legacy things that get through
[15:07] Oskar Linden: everything the client says or does needs server validation
[15:07] Holger Gilruth: better is :)
[15:07] Veron Helstein: ah ok, so the one who told be that was wrong ...
[15:07] Oskar Linden: 'bugs' are always possible
[15:07] Oskar Linden: but I am pretty sure that in that case the validation is done server side
[15:08] Eddi Decosta: especialy with windows :p
[15:08] Oskar Linden: but some viewers can do other stuff that is borderline mischevious
[15:08] Cerise Sorbet: little stuff like no fly is client side so it can be confusing
[15:08] Oskar Linden: we just have to answer with better code :-)
[15:08] Melfina Marshdevil: as you get my *winks* region online and patch out. I'll be checking that.
[15:08] Oskar Linden: the no fly stuff amuses me
[15:08] Malarthi Behemoth was banned from a sim for hacking
[15:09] Malarthi Behemoth: Because I flew
[15:09] Drew Dwi: xD
[15:09] Oskar Linden: Malarthi!! :-)
[15:09] Holger Gilruth: loool
[15:09] Holger Gilruth: you are a big hacker :)
[15:09] Oskar Linden: I got banned from a sim once
[15:09] Veron Helstein flüstert: *g*
[15:09] Oskar Linden: my first week as a linden
[15:09] Melfina Marshdevil: you could have a script check to see if your flying and tp home.
[15:09] Oskar Linden: the owner had a script that auto banned under 1 week accounts
[15:09] Holger Gilruth: Visit me Oskar you can get the feeling again :)
[15:09] Oskar Linden: I IM'd him and was like "really dude?"
[15:09] Oskar Linden: he freaked out
[15:09] Malarthi Behemoth: Nice going
[15:09] Oskar Linden: and then wrote in a rule to not ban lindens
[15:09] Eddi Decosta: loll
[15:10] Lares Carter: hehe
[15:10] Oskar Linden: heh
[15:10] Veron Helstein: hihi
[15:10] Malarthi Behemoth: That's odd
[15:10] Oskar Linden: anyways...
[15:10] Drew Dwi hums and digs up his noob blocker script... to write a new exempt >.>
[15:10] Oskar Linden: I will let you guys know when 1.36.1 is out and ready to look at
[15:10] Oskar Linden: I'm sure you guys will have lots of things to help test that out
[15:10] Holger Gilruth: i hope you restart my region with the new server version :)
[15:10] Melfina Marshdevil: ohhh yes
[15:10] Oskar Linden: some of the mono issues are getting fixed in 1.36.1 also
[15:11] Ovaltine Constantine: Some?
[15:11] Oskar Linden: well not all
[15:11] Oskar Linden: then babbage would retire
[15:11] Veron Helstein: *g*
[15:11] Melfina Marshdevil: job security huh?
[15:11] Oskar Linden: I didn't say that
[15:11] Oskar Linden: :-)
[15:11] Oskar Linden: I don't have the jira handy
[15:12] Oskar Linden: ok. on to other open items
[15:12] Ovaltine Constantine: Will people be able to wear attachments with Mono scripts without taking 20 hundred seconds to TP?
[15:12] Oskar Linden: Rudas is writing me a new login page
[15:12] Oskar Linden: hopefully ovaltine
[15:12] Cerise Sorbet: oh good so we won't have to wait for 1.38 on that one? yay
[15:12] Oskar Linden: The login page for aditi now still talksa bout havok 4 testing
[15:12] Oskar Linden: *sigh*
[15:13] Oskar Linden: the procedure for updating that page is tedious
[15:13] Another Hax: /=]
[15:13] Lil Linden: I believe SVC-3895 is the mono fix for 1.36.1
[15:13] Rezzing Mono scripted object cripples sim FPS
[15:13] Oskar Linden: so I'm having them strip the content out and let me update it dynamically
[15:13] Oskar Linden: hopefully I will be able to use that page as a live daily status page
[15:14] Oskar Linden: I haven't been too good about updating the MOTD
[15:14] Oskar Linden: but I did this morning :-)
[15:14] Oskar Linden: not sure if you guys even see that
[15:14] Melfina Marshdevil: I didn't notice
[15:14] Opensource Obscure: i do
[15:14] Oskar Linden: :-)
[15:14] Lil Linden noticed, and tips his hat to Oskar the MOTD Master
[15:14] Melfina Marshdevil: [14:19:51] MOTD: 1.36.0 is deployed to ADITI. All testing is GREEN for GO. http://bit.ly/ADITI_notes
[15:14] Oskar Linden: yeah
[15:14] Holger Gilruth: yeah straight after 1 week :)
[15:14] Oskar Linden: I've been trying to use that page to hold more immediate statuses
[15:15] Psi Merlin: Yes- saw the MOTD on the way in.
[15:15] Oskar Linden: hrm... I should link it to my new sims page
[15:16] Oskar Linden: ok done
[15:16] Oskar Linden: Lil and I have moved over a few private regions for testing on 1.36
[15:16] Oskar Linden: I do not have a page set up
[15:16] Oskar Linden: but I will take requests in notecards on AGNI
[15:16] Oskar Linden: we don't have a lot of spares
[15:16] Oskar Linden: but can accomodate some requests
[15:17] Oskar Linden: there are some tricky bits to copying regions over, but lil is getting good at it
[15:17] Melfina Marshdevil nods
[15:17] Holger Gilruth: oh you have limited numbers of regions you can update to a specific version?
[15:17] Oskar Linden: yes
[15:17] Oskar Linden: totally depends on open hardware
[15:17] Oskar Linden: we are running at max right now
[15:17] Melfina Marshdevil: so the beta region sims are hosted seperately?
[15:18] Holger Gilruth: my region is allready here
[15:18] Oskar Linden: well they may technically be in the same data center
[15:18] Oskar Linden: but yes
[15:18] SuesseMaus Hotaling: hello :D
[15:18] Oskar Linden: separate hardware
[15:18] Melfina Marshdevil: one thing I was trying to figure out if the agni sim can coexist on aditi
[15:18] Oskar Linden: coexist?
[15:18] Melfina Marshdevil: I dont wanna do a region copy if it kills the agni one
[15:18] Oskar Linden: Morris is here and on AGNI
[15:18] Oskar Linden: so yes
[15:18] Holger Gilruth: lol
[15:19] Holger Gilruth: melfina its the same with your inventory
[15:19] Malarthi Behemoth giggles at the griefing potential
[15:19] Oskar Linden: there are weird crossovers though that you need to be careful for
[15:19] Oskar Linden: voice will broadcast to both grids
[15:19] Oskar Linden: if we use voice here they can hear it on morris in agni
[15:19] Melfina Marshdevil: o.o;
[15:19] Drew Dwi: o.O
[15:19] Oskar Linden: so be careful what you say
[15:19] Melfina Marshdevil: Thats fairly interesting....
[15:20] Oskar Linden: if you are even on agni and hear ghost lindens talking
[15:20] Oskar Linden: now you know why
[15:20] Malarthi Behemoth: Oh that is AWESOME
[15:20] Holger Gilruth: hehe great to know for griefing
[15:20] Oskar Linden: shhh!
[15:20] Drew Dwi: haha
[15:20] Veron Helstein: lol
[15:20] Drew Dwi: you wouldn't know they were lindens, just ghosts
[15:20] Oskar Linden puts a note in Drew's account
[15:20] Melfina Marshdevil: no worries your secrets are safe here.
[15:20] Drew Dwi: I didn't do it
[15:20] Oskar Linden: ok ok so on with the agenda
[15:21] Oskar Linden: ok it looks like somebody put soething in the wrong section on the agenda
[15:21] Oskar Linden: let me fix that
[15:21] Holger Gilruth: :)
[15:21] Oskar Linden: ok I moved new stuff to the any other business section
[15:22] Oskar Linden: biggest thing to tell you is that there will most probably be no meeting next week
[15:22] Oskar Linden: LL is having a party. :-)
[15:22] Opensource Obscure: oh!
[15:22] Melfina Marshdevil: Can we get invited?
[15:22] Drew Dwi: i heard about that
[15:22] Oskar Linden: aww no public invotes
[15:22] sensory Hax: ic pass
[15:22]
[15:22] Drew Dwi: lotta lindens in one place :P
[15:22] Oskar Linden: so sad I know
[15:22] sensory Hax: lool
[15:22]
[15:22] Kaluura Boa: A party for the release of viewer 2.0?
[15:22] Oskar Linden: no
[15:23] Veron Helstein: lets hope
[15:23] Oskar Linden: there is that party
[15:23] Oskar Linden: also
[15:23] Oskar Linden: on friday I think
[15:23] Holger Gilruth: when not open public why not change name to Holger Linden?
[15:23] Oskar Linden points you to the employment page
[15:23] Oskar Linden: so I'm pretty sure I won't be here
[15:23] Holger Gilruth: they are rassists, they dont want germans :)
[15:23] Veron Helstein: sagt wer? :)
[15:24] Oskar Linden: we have plenty of germans
[15:24] Holger Gilruth: no one is living in germany
[15:24] Drew Dwi: this is random, can anyone see what comes after -> :o
[15:24] Oskar Linden: we can only live where we have offices
[15:24] Another Hax: if(!skill)deny_request(applicant);
[15:24] Holger Gilruth: say a member of a virtual business :)
[15:24] Oskar Linden: nice script Another
[15:25] Malarthi Behemoth just realized class is at 4
[15:25] Oskar Linden: next on the agenda is 1.36.0 which is her elike you all know already
[15:25] Malarthi Behemoth runs like the wind
[15:25] Malarthi Behemoth: Bye all!
[15:25] Oskar Linden: later Mal
[15:25] Oskar Linden: poor kid
[15:25] Oskar Linden: heh
[15:25] Oskar Linden: I just see his excuse to the teacher
[15:25] SuesseMaus Hotaling: xD
[15:26] Drew Dwi: "i was at the beta grid meeting"
[15:26] Oskar Linden: has anyone had a chance to verify the publicly filed jira's?
[15:26] Oskar Linden: https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&type=1&pid=10002&version=10568&sorter /field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC
[15:26] Oskar Linden: we know about the L$ one
[15:27] Oskar Linden: I'll try and get someone on it internally
[15:27] Oskar Linden: next week is gonna be a slow one for us
[15:27] Drew Dwi: hmm
[15:27] Oskar Linden: but if anyone wanted to test those bugs and see if they are new to 1.36 or if they exist in 1.34 it would help out
[15:27] Drew Dwi: SVC-5278 doesn't repro for me
[15:27] message appears where th L$ value is when I log into Aditi
[15:28] Drew Dwi: too bad they didn't note their client version
[15:28] Kaluura Boa: It was so last week, not today
[15:28] Cerise Sorbet has loading.... right now :p
[15:28] Holger Gilruth: i have the same with emerald at the moment
[15:28] Kaluura Boa: ...for me
[15:28] Lares Carter: i get SVC-5278 everytime i login to an 1.34 region
[15:28] Oskar Linden: ok
[15:29] Oskar Linden: has anyone used the sim version tracker?
[15:29] Oskar Linden: http://aditi.99k.org/ADITI/aditi_sims.php
[15:29] Oskar Linden: I'm just wondering if it is handy to have
[15:29] Lares Carter: yes, i used it. still would be nice to add slurls to it ;)
[15:29] SuesseMaus Hotaling: thats good tracker xD
[15:30] Drew Dwi bookmarks
[15:30] Oskar Linden: I will try to get to that today
[15:30] Cerise Sorbet: yes we are using it in svc-5278 to point people at good sims
[15:30] Oskar Linden: bookmarks? for what? :-)
[15:30] Oskar Linden: awesome
[15:31] SuesseMaus Hotaling: i check this sims next time ;)
[15:31] s Google Translator: i check this sims next time;)
[15:31] Oskar Linden: if you have a private region that you would like to be logged in that tracker grab a copy of the tower here and put it 1 per sim
[15:31] Oskar Linden: that tower is copyable
[15:31] Drew Dwi: I assume you mean a private region which already exists on the beta grid?
[15:31] Oskar Linden: yes
[15:31] Melfina Marshdevil: is not
[15:32] Oskar Linden: it's not copyable?
[15:32] Ratchet Xevion: its not copyable lol
[15:32] Holger Gilruth: not for nonlindens :)
[15:32] Sim Logger: Last status code was 200

Last successful update was 472s ago

[15:32] Drew Dwi: new bug :P
[15:32] Oskar Linden: I marked it as Allow anyone to copy
[15:32] Oskar Linden: hrm...
[15:32] Melfina Marshdevil: new bug LOL
[15:32] Drew Dwi: i've noticed in the past that objects marked anyone can copy
[15:32] Drew Dwi: especially very old objects
[15:32] Drew Dwi: can no longer be copied
[15:32] SuesseMaus Hotaling: can not copy this xD
[15:32] Oskar Linden: alright Melfina you follow that rabbit hole, see where it goes and file the bug
[15:32] Cerise Sorbet: maybe perms on the innards?
[15:32] Lil Linden: I love how everyone's got dots going to the giant obelisk
[15:33] Drew Dwi: but no repro
[15:33] Holger Gilruth: maybe because its set to only transfer?
[15:33] sensory Hax: as original
[15:33]
[15:33] Oskar Linden: I have next owner set to transfer only
[15:33] Oskar Linden: but you should still be able to take a copy
[15:33] Holger Gilruth: try it :) with copy
[15:33] Oskar Linden: ok
[15:34] Oskar Linden: does that work?
[15:34] Opensource Obscure: no.
[15:34] Drew Dwi: no joy
[15:34] sensory Hax: nope
[15:34]
[15:34] Melfina Marshdevil: went into haxed god mode
[15:34] Melfina Marshdevil: [15:33:57] You cannot copy your selection because you do not have permission to copy the object 'Sim Logger'.
[15:34] Oskar Linden: *sigh*
[15:34] Oskar Linden: let me try for sale
[15:34] Opensource Obscure: rudas lindenby the way if it would possible i'd like to watch at code to learn .. but i guess this is not the case
[15:34] Oskar Linden: ok a copy is now for sale
[15:34] Holger Gilruth: the question is was this a creator who developed this design of the tower?
[15:35] Opensource Obscure: ignore 'rudas linden'. copy'n'paste fail.
[15:35] SuesseMaus Hotaling: can not buy this
[15:35] s Google Translator: diese kann man nicht kaufen
[15:35] Drew Dwi: 10L imma go broke :P
[15:35] SuesseMaus Hotaling: money is loading
[15:35] Oskar Linden: some of you are buying it
[15:35] Holger Gilruth: lol can you give me 10 please my money is not loading
[15:35] Holger Gilruth: hahahaha
[15:35] Veron Helstein: cannot buy, my Money is still loading, like in that jira there :)
[15:35] Another Hax: All inventory content must be allow anyone to copy
[15:35] sensory Hax: done
[15:35] Kaluura Boa: 10 L$! Damn!
[15:35]
[15:35] Lares Carter: cant buy, because of SVC-5278 :P
[15:35] sensory Hax: lool
[15:35]
[15:35] Oskar Linden paid you L$20.
[15:35] Veron Helstein: merci
[15:35] Oskar Linden: now everyone is gonna rez it here
[15:35] Melfina Marshdevil: hey oskar how much does it take to get some lindens here?
[15:35] Oskar Linden: *sigh*
[15:36] You paid Oskar Linden L$10 for Sim Logger.
[15:36] Oskar Linden: you want some melfina?
[15:36] Melfina Marshdevil: sure I wanna feel rich xD
[15:36] Kaluura Boa: Parcel is full
[15:36] Drew Dwi: hmm
[15:36] Oskar Linden: the web app is gonna know for sure this region is up
[15:36] Oskar Linden: with like 5 towers reporting
[15:36] Lares Carter: hehe
[15:36] Melfina Marshdevil: haha
[15:36] You paid Oskar Linden L$20.
[15:36] Lil Linden: it will probably crash the app :p
[15:36] Oskar Linden: I'm UP!!!
[15:36] Oskar Linden: no I'm UP!!
[15:36] Oskar Linden: ok so buying works
[15:36] Lil Linden: you will be beta testing oskar's php :)
[15:37] Oskar Linden: but not taking a copy
[15:37] Holger Gilruth: now money is loading finished
[15:37] Drew Dwi stumbles upon a bug
[15:37] Oskar Linden: if someone wants to look into the no copy bug and file it I would be grateful
[15:37] Oskar Linden looks at eddi
[15:37] Oskar Linden: :-)
[15:37] Holger Gilruth: hehe
[15:37] Oskar Linden: eddi is a bug filing pro
[15:38] Melfina Marshdevil: ohh I have a burning question.
[15:38] Lares Carter: i think what Another said is the reason it did not work: [15:35] Another Hax: All inventory content must be allow anyone to copy
[15:38] Oskar Linden: my version of the sim logger was this sleek black obelisk
[15:38] Oskar Linden: maestro's was a bit different
[15:38] Melfina Marshdevil: is script limits coming to aditi first and soon?
[15:38] Another Hax: Like i said.. it did not allow 'anyonje to copy' as you didnt have the script set to 'allow anyone to copy'
[15:39] Another Hax: *
[15:39] Oskar Linden: his was that banana
[15:39] Oskar Linden: aha Another
[15:39] Oskar Linden: *sigh* so many layers to premissions
[15:39] Oskar Linden: makes my ears bleed
[15:39] Melfina Marshdevil: turn off permissions then :P
[15:39] Oskar Linden: :-p
[15:40] Oskar Linden: so but buying it with the same permissions works?
[15:40] Holger Gilruth: oskar the problem is the following
[15:40] Holger Gilruth: the object is nomod so i cant edit and change the allow anyone to copy its fixed.
[15:40] Holger Gilruth: But i am not allowed to copy next
[15:41] Holger Gilruth: i would have a object buyed
[15:41] Holger Gilruth: and cant place it because anyone can steal it
[15:41]
[15:41] Oskar Linden: how about that tube
[15:41] Oskar Linden: can you all copy it?
[15:42] Holger Gilruth: yes
[15:42] Holger Gilruth: sure
[15:42] Melfina Marshdevil: yes
[15:42] MartinRJ Fayray: yes
[15:42] Lares Carter: jup
[15:42] Oskar Linden: kk
[15:42] Ratchet Xevion: yup, it came up as no copy no modify
[15:42] Another Hax: Can't have 'allow anyone to copy' and no trans
[15:42] Lares Carter: tube invasion!
[15:42] copy me tube: Hello, Avatar!
[15:42] Chieron Tenk: yes, but loses perms of course
[15:42] Holger Gilruth: yes you loose the perms allow anyone to copy
[15:42] Oskar Linden: and now can you all copy the tower?
[15:43] Melfina Marshdevil: taking a copy should have the same effects as buying a copy for free
[15:43] Kaluura Boa: It works now
[15:43] Lares Carter: jup, got a copy of it
[15:43] Chieron Tenk: copied
[15:43] Oskar Linden: kk
[15:43] Melfina Marshdevil: got one
[15:43] Ratchet Xevion: yeah, i got a copy
[15:43] Richard Untermeyer: yup
[15:43] Ratchet Xevion: so I want my L$10 back lol
[15:43] Oskar Linden: problem solved: operator error
[15:43] Oskar Linden: sorry ratchet
[15:43] Oskar Linden: it only goes one way
[15:43] Drew Dwi: yea, refund of our fake $L
[15:43] Oskar Linden: :-p
[15:44] MartinRJ Fayray: hahah
[15:44] Oskar Linden refunds all your accounts... fakely
[15:44] Drew Dwi: ahh isn't he sneaky
[15:44] Oskar Linden: ok, so on to Any Other Business
[15:44] Oskar Linden: whose was this?
[15:44] Oskar Linden: Create a Portal on the Web site to automatically update your account info In ADITI i.e(Inventory,password,and friends)
[15:45] Oskar Linden: no one?
[15:45] Melfina Marshdevil: sounds like a great idea
[15:45] Oskar Linden: anyone know what it means?
[15:45] Oskar Linden: oh I see what you mean
[15:45] Kaluura Boa: No need to ask to you any more...
[15:45] Melfina Marshdevil: I'm guessing it means you can copy your agni data to aditi at any time.
[15:45] Oskar Linden: we've tossed the idea around before
[15:45] Another Hax: Any Other Business, means i can ask >> Script (memory) limits, hint when? middle of year.. end of year..
[15:45] Oskar Linden: I decided that I would be the gatekeeper for the time being
[15:45] Melfina Marshdevil: YES
[15:46] Melfina Marshdevil: when is it going to happen and will aditi be the first preview for it?
[15:46] Oskar Linden: I'm a little protective of ADITI
[15:46] Melfina Marshdevil: script limits*
[15:46] Oskar Linden: and I like people asking me to get transfers
[15:46] Oskar Linden: it takes almost no time
[15:46] Oskar Linden: if it gets out of hand I'll think about automating it
[15:46] Kaluura Boa: Seriously, couldn't it justbe automated?
[15:46] Oskar Linden: but for the time being. just ask me :-)
[15:46] Liisa Runo: (let my ALT's "LSL Scientist" and "SandBox Scientist" come to this grid plz)
[15:47] Another Hax: Good idea, having up2date inventory here is paramount to effective testing
[15:47] Oskar Linden: msg me on AGNI with that request Liisa and I will
[15:47] Liisa Runo: okie
[15:47] Oskar Linden: I'll put some more thought into it
[15:47] Kaluura Boa: =^_^=
[15:48] Oskar Linden: so it's mostly just inv transers that you want done promptly right?
[15:48] Melfina Marshdevil: yes
[15:48] Another Hax nods
[15:48] Liisa Runo: i cant even log in to this grid
[15:48] Liisa Runo: with ALT
[15:48] Oskar Linden: what I am hoping to avoid are all residents being able to pop over to exploit things that have been patched on AGNI
[15:49] Oskar Linden: right now I get to give the accounts a once over before I clear them for transfer
[15:49] Oskar Linden: but if I had a list of 'authorized' users I could let them update their invs
[15:49] Oskar Linden: I'll see what we can do
[15:49] MartinRJ Fayray nods
[15:50] Melfina Marshdevil: well couldnt you have the automated process do the once over for you... but an authorized list seems good to prevent exploitation
[15:50] Oskar Linden: the onceover is subjective
[15:50] Oskar Linden: I just look through abuse reports and support logs
[15:50] Oskar Linden: sometimes I refuse requests if the account has a shady history
[15:51] Oskar Linden: it's subjective though
[15:51] Oskar Linden: and subjective automation never works well
[15:51] Another Hax: as people change also
[15:51] Oskar Linden: true
[15:51] Holger Gilruth: can you tell how many ARs someone got :)
[15:51] Oskar Linden: and I have made exceptions
[15:51] Kaluura Boa: Hoooo... My inv won't be updated... My neighbors hate me and reported me 3 times already
[15:51] Oskar Linden: we can tell everything Holger
[15:51] Oskar Linden: <_<
[15:51] Holger Gilruth: make a top10 of the lindens with the most ar
[15:51] MartinRJ Fayray: lol
[15:51] Oskar Linden: I'd be at the top
[15:51] Melfina Marshdevil: haha
[15:51] Oskar Linden: >.<
[15:52] Oskar Linden: actually probably not
[15:52] Melfina Marshdevil ARs Oskar for bring "too cool"
[15:52] Oskar Linden: it'd be someone in support
[15:52] Oskar Linden: or governor linden
[15:52] Lares Carter: btw: http://secondlife.com/support/incidentreport.php isnt working for like 2 week i think
[15:52] Oskar Linden: don't ar me anymore
[15:52] Oskar Linden: support can't take the joke
[15:52] Oskar Linden: seriously
[15:52] Holger Gilruth: AR me no problem
[15:52] Another Hax: the gov, as thatas who you report if an account is no longer active~ griefers
[15:52] Oskar Linden: I once joked that support gave me a beer for every AR I got filed against me
[15:52] Oskar Linden: people filed a TON
[15:52] Oskar Linden: I had a talking to
[15:52] Oskar Linden: *sigh*
[15:52] Kaluura Boa: =^_^=
[15:53] Holger Gilruth: loool and friday the party?
[15:53] Melfina Marshdevil ouch
[15:53] Liisa Runo: haha, yea, Kaluura got reported for spamming, he sends a message in non-zero-channel once a minute, and his neighbors with broken device that dont filter messages reported him for spamming,
[15:53] Chieron Tenk: yay -_-
[15:53] Oskar Linden: heh
[15:53] Oskar Linden: ok, so the last item of the day
[15:53] Oskar Linden: [ http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/MISC-3807 Avatar Scripts are counting on the land even when scripts in about land are disabled]
[15:53] Avatar Scripts are counting on the land even when scripts in about land are disabled
[15:53] Oskar Linden: who added that?
[15:53] Eddi Decosta: last item?
[15:53] Holger Gilruth: I was the person
[15:54] Oskar Linden: ok
[15:54] Holger Gilruth: and placed wrong place in wiki
[15:54] Oskar Linden: lessee what we have here
[15:54] SuesseMaus Hotaling: can any vote fore my http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SEC-567
[15:54] SuesseMaus Hotaling: xD
[15:54] s Google Translator: kann jede Abstimmung daher meine http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SEC-567
[15:54] Oskar Linden: this would be something to talk to babbage about
[15:54] s Google Translator: xD
[15:54] Oskar Linden: I don't have an answer for you
[15:55] Kaluura Boa: Can't see SEC...
[15:55] Kaluura Boa: Can't vote
[15:55] Holger Gilruth: when its true it makes no sence to disable scripts for performance
[15:55] Melfina Marshdevil: yeah its a SEC issue
[15:55] Melfina Marshdevil: scripts and getting disabled never seems to go well
[15:55] Oskar Linden: ok guys, I've covered all I'm going to cover
[15:55] SuesseMaus Hotaling: i have posting this,this was yesterday a big problem
[15:55] Liisa Runo: cant you just remove access for people not in group? removing scripts have about the same effect anyway, no one like to be in no-script area, exept if they know how to get scripts running in no-script, and if they some day stop running there, people dont want to be there
[15:55] Oskar Linden: we've got five minutes to do whatever the hell we want
[15:56] Melfina Marshdevil: no info on script limits oskar and testing that?
[15:56] Another Hax: script limits babbages domain also?
[15:56] Oskar Linden: anything script related is babbage
[15:56] Oskar Linden: I can only tell you when it's making it into a release
[15:56] Oskar Linden: and it's not in 1.36 sooooo :-)
[15:57] Holger Gilruth: liisa its set to not allow scripts for people not in group but that doesnt lower the scripttime
[15:57] Another Hax: k.. well looking forward to having up2date inventory.. see a form for applying to your list of trusted peoples soon willwe? =]
[15:57] Melfina Marshdevil: so hows my region copy as a last question :D
[15:57] Liisa Runo: okie
[15:57] Oskar Linden: msg me on AGNI and I can get your inv updated here k?
[15:57] Another Hax: will do
[15:58] Richard Untermeyer: when is SL 2.0 public beta likely to be out?
[15:58] Oskar Linden: well ladies and gentlemen thanks for coming!!
[15:58] Opensource Obscure: february.
[15:58] Oskar Linden: next month Richard?
[15:58] Oskar Linden: maybe? I'm not sure
[15:58] Opensource Obscure: https://blogs.secondlife.com/community/technology/blog/2010/01/21/coming-soon-viewer-2-public-beta
[15:58] Richard Untermeyer: ok thanks
[15:58] Oskar Linden: soooooon :-)
[15:58] Richard Untermeyer: hehe
[15:59] Melfina Marshdevil: alright oskar everything seems awesome then.
[15:59] Richard Untermeyer: thanks Oskar, all
[15:59] Eddi Decosta: LOL

Generated with SLog Wikifier