Beta Server Office Hours/Minutes/2012-12-06

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


[2012/12/06 15:02]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Let's get started: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Server_Beta_User_Group
[2012/12/06 15:02]  Lucia Nightfire: still can't dctp
[2012/12/06 15:02]  Lucia Nightfire: /me bawwss
[2012/12/06 15:03]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): to get updates out of the way,
[2012/12/06 15:03]  Nal (nalates.sonnenkern): You may have to leave the region and return...
[2012/12/06 15:03]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): the main channel got nothing new this week, since last week's RCs all had the same blocking bug
[2012/12/06 15:03]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): the RC channels all got the same code
[2012/12/06 15:04]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Which was an update of what Magnum had last week, plus some important bugfixes.
[2012/12/06 15:04]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): The #1 bugfix was fixing deeding parcels to groups
[2012/12/06 15:04]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): and aside from that, we had some fixes for offline object IM to email
[2012/12/06 15:05]  Rex Cronon: AFK...............................
[2012/12/06 15:05]  Rex Cronon: afk
[2012/12/06 15:05]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): However.. this week's RC version did have 1 more object IM to email case that we missed:
[2012/12/06 15:05]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): BUG-1002: "Instant messages to object owner are not sent to email the recipient is offline"
[2012/12/06 15:06]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Which is too bad...
[2012/12/06 15:06]  Lucia Nightfire: lol
[2012/12/06 15:06]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): But Kelly was quick to find a fix for it
[2012/12/06 15:06]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): and I just tested it on Aditi
[2012/12/06 15:06]  Kallista Arliss (kallista.destiny): sighs
[2012/12/06 15:07]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): it works for the owner, a non-owner, an online avatar in the same region, and I will test it for an online avatar in a remote region
[2012/12/06 15:07]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Hopefully that should cover it..
[2012/12/06 15:07]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): I'm a little curious about you not seeing that bug though, Lucia
[2012/12/06 15:07]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): are you still getting any emails today?
[2012/12/06 15:08]  Lucia Nightfire: I had them goign to email until 6 - 8 hours
[2012/12/06 15:08]  Lucia Nightfire: I just don't knwo if its an issue with no IMs after that time or just that time itself goign by before the bug started
[2012/12/06 15:08]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Strange. For me, the bug showed up rather quickly after the owner went offline
[2012/12/06 15:09]  Lucia Nightfire: so far I've been randomly sendign them to a test account and its recieved them for over 4 horus now
[2012/12/06 15:10]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): and the object definitely isn't deeded to a group or anything?
[2012/12/06 15:10]  Lucia Nightfire: no I have both deeded and owned objects taht send IMs to me and other accoutns
[2012/12/06 15:10]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): (the email tells you.. "IM tester is owned by Maestro Linden")
[2012/12/06 15:10]  Lucia Nightfire: and only the deeded IMs where gogin to email
[2012/12/06 15:10]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): oh, yeah if it's deeded then it's owned by the group
[2012/12/06 15:10]  Lucia Nightfire: right
[2012/12/06 15:11]  Lucia Nightfire: owned IM to email was failing after 6 - 8 hours of beign offlien
[2012/12/06 15:11]  Lucia Nightfire: I just have no idea if it failed after # IMs or after # hours
[2012/12/06 15:11]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): I'm surprised it wasn't 0 hours
[2012/12/06 15:11]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): I guess we can move on
[2012/12/06 15:11]  Qie (qie.niangao): So... assuming the fix works, I wonder whether one (or more) RC channels will re-roll with the fix, so there's something in the pipeline for Main server channel next week? (Although... it's perilously close to weekend)
[2012/12/06 15:12]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Yep, we have the fix on Aditi now, and it should be ready to go to all the RCs next RC roll day (wednesday)
[2012/12/06 15:12]  Rex Cronon: back
[2012/12/06 15:12]  Qie (qie.niangao): okay, so next week, then. Thanks.
[2012/12/06 15:12]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Right now, it's not considered worth the trauma of an emergency unplanned roll
[2012/12/06 15:12]  Lucia Nightfire: its perilously close to Chirstmas too, place your bets on code promotion before next year, lol
[2012/12/06 15:12]  Jenna Felton: perhaps it is a good idea to display the offline IMs in the web site if you log into secondlife.com, at least parially by some header and first 64 chars of the message so you know if you got some IMs capped or not
[2012/12/06 15:13]  Nal (nalates.sonnenkern): So, no roll to main channel next week?
[2012/12/06 15:13]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Yeah, we'll want to play things conservative
[2012/12/06 15:13]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): before Christmas break
[2012/12/06 15:13]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Good question, Nal
[2012/12/06 15:13]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): that brings me to the next point..
[2012/12/06 15:13]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): we have a 'no change window' for the weeks of Dec 24 and Dec 31
[2012/12/06 15:14]  Lucia Nightfire: I reiterate, lol
[2012/12/06 15:14]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): but we do have plans for regular rolls this week, and possibly the week after
[2012/12/06 15:14]  Kallista Arliss (kallista.destiny): well if the current RC aren't rolled that object IM won't be an issue, and if you get it fixed in the RC, Object IM will work properly there too.
[2012/12/06 15:14]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): though for the week after, I don't think we'd put anything major on the RCs.
[2012/12/06 15:15]  Rex Cronon: i never had problems with my objects sending me IMs
[2012/12/06 15:16]  Jonathan Yap: Why would this problem crop up all of a sudden?
[2012/12/06 15:16]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): a likely scenario would be to roll the current RC code (plus offline IM bugfix) to RC next wednesday, then promote that code to the main channel on Tuesday Dec 18
[2012/12/06 15:16]  Lucia Nightfire: soudns good to me
[2012/12/06 15:16]  Simon Linden: It's just a bug introduced with some other code changes, Jonathan
[2012/12/06 15:17]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): The server version in the RCs does have a bunch of crash fixes, so it would be very nice to bring that grid-wide for Christmas
[2012/12/06 15:17]  Qie (qie.niangao): If there's something waiting in the pipeline... I mean, there are three different RC channels that could get different versions next week.
[2012/12/06 15:17]  Kallista Arliss (kallista.destiny): I do have a question about the region presence issue (Regions that come up are sometimes not visible to one or more of the adjacent regions for up to an hour) is anyone lookinginto that?
[2012/12/06 15:17]  Simon Linden: We're not holding anything back, Qie
[2012/12/06 15:18]  Qie (qie.niangao): okay, thanks Simon.
[2012/12/06 15:18]  Lucia Nightfire: thats a caching deal
[2012/12/06 15:18]  Simon Linden: There are some things in QA still, like the threaded region crossing
[2012/12/06 15:18]  Lucia Nightfire: forgot teh jira number for that
[2012/12/06 15:19]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): I haven't heard any updates for that one, Kallista, though I do believe there's a fix for the 'neighboring region briefly disconnects from viewer 50 seconds after a region crossing' issue.
[2012/12/06 15:19]  Whirly Fizzle: SVC-8130 ?
[2012/12/06 15:19]  Andrew Linden: I'm pretty sure we found the source of that region presence cache problem, but I don't think we have a fix for it yet.
[2012/12/06 15:20]  Rex Cronon: shouldn't we get a warning if there was any region corssing issue?
[2012/12/06 15:20]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): SVC-8019
[2012/12/06 15:20]  Rex Cronon: crossing*
[2012/12/06 15:20]  Theresa Tennyson: Is Simon's fix for the navmesh-rebaking memory leak going to be ready for next week's RC release?
[2012/12/06 15:20]  Lucia Nightfire: yeah that one
[2012/12/06 15:21]  Kallista Arliss (kallista.destiny): Thank you Whirly
[2012/12/06 15:21]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): oh.. speaking of rebaking issues...
[2012/12/06 15:21]  Simon Linden: Yes, Theresa, that's in the new batch going to RC
[2012/12/06 15:21]  Theresa Tennyson: Kewl.
[2012/12/06 15:21]  Qie (qie.niangao): yeah, yay to that.
[2012/12/06 15:21]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): BUG-1017
[2012/12/06 15:21]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-1017
[2012/12/06 15:21]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Well, we're planning 2 new RCs: one with just the incremental IM bug fix, and another with all that stuff plus other fixes
[2012/12/06 15:22]  Qie (qie.niangao): cool.
[2012/12/06 15:22]  Simon Linden: Nice, Tank. That triggers one without changing anything?
[2012/12/06 15:22]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): I don't know all the details
[2012/12/06 15:22]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): just saw the jira earlier today
[2012/12/06 15:22]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): if you change 'run scripts' or 'allow object entry', that should mark the navmesh as dirty
[2012/12/06 15:23]  Motor Loon: "mark" it?
[2012/12/06 15:23]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): 'flag' it, rather
[2012/12/06 15:23]  Lucia Nightfire: and sends everyone pop ups too
[2012/12/06 15:23]  Whirly Fizzle: It triggers a rebake just opening about land somethimes though, you dont need to change anything.
[2012/12/06 15:23]  Motor Loon: Thats what Im seeing on my sim
[2012/12/06 15:23]  Whirly Fizzle: Its been happening since pathfinding was added.
[2012/12/06 15:24]  Whirly Fizzle: Not new
[2012/12/06 15:24]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Hm, I can't seem to trigger it in this sim right now, even though I am the parcel owner. Maybe you need to be a region owner / EM to trigger it?
[2012/12/06 15:24]  Simon Linden: ugh, that should be looked into
[2012/12/06 15:24]  Whirly Fizzle: lol I thought it was expected
[2012/12/06 15:24]  Whirly Fizzle: Happens with estate floater also
[2012/12/06 15:24]  Lucia Nightfire: you just need to be a parcel owner
[2012/12/06 15:24]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): hm
[2012/12/06 15:24]  Lucia Nightfire: I've changed a parcel flag and caused everyone in the region to get a popup
[2012/12/06 15:25]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Yeah, certain parcel flags can cause the navmesh to be cut around the parcel perimeter
[2012/12/06 15:25]  Andrew Linden: That may be right. We update the navemesh when a parcel's "allow object entry" feature is changed.
[2012/12/06 15:26]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): I wonder if opening some of those floaters is causing the viewer to temporarily change the setting?
[2012/12/06 15:26]  Andrew Linden: ... because we want the pathfinding objects to "know" that the parcel boundary is line that can't be crossed
[2012/12/06 15:26]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): I can see where some options should trigger a flag to rebake, but it almost sounds like something is causing the viewer to send all the data in the floater even when no changes are made
[2012/12/06 15:27]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): You know, I opened about land earlier in this meeting and the Rebake button did appear around then. It's hard to know if that was the cause, with all the people here.
[2012/12/06 15:27]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Maybe it's the *first* time you open the floater that the issue occurs?
[2012/12/06 15:27]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): idk
[2012/12/06 15:27]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Okay, so back to that Christmas break thing..
[2012/12/06 15:27]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): lol
[2012/12/06 15:28]  Whirly Fizzle: Ive seen it happen multiple times on my region in the same session. Its a bit annoying :D Sometimes it happens every time and other times it doesnt happen at all. Kinda weird
[2012/12/06 15:28]  Lucia Nightfire: same
[2012/12/06 15:28]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): as a consequence of us being in NCW and not updating the sims, and also because most of us will be on vacation, 2 beta groups will be canceled as well:
[2012/12/06 15:28]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): /
[2012/12/06 15:28]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): 12/20 and 12/27
[2012/12/06 15:28]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): sidetracked easily, we get
[2012/12/06 15:28]  Kallista Arliss (kallista.destiny): lols
[2012/12/06 15:29]  Rex Cronon: u mean the group meetings, not the actual group?
[2012/12/06 15:29]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): the meetings on Thursdays
[2012/12/06 15:29]  Rex Cronon: ok
[2012/12/06 15:29]  Andrew Linden: Simulator User group on the 27th is probably not going to have any Linden's attending, but I will probably be able to attend January 3rd.
[2012/12/06 15:29]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): after December 13, the next one is planned to be on January 3
[2012/12/06 15:30]  Jenna Felton: is the PF group stil alive on thursday? i understood it is closed last time i was on meeting months ago
[2012/12/06 15:30]  Andrew Linden: er... wait, the Sim User Group is on Tuesdays...
[2012/12/06 15:30]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): :D
[2012/12/06 15:30]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): /me checks his calendars again
[2012/12/06 15:30]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): yeah, 12/27 is a Thursday
[2012/12/06 15:31]  Andrew Linden: Ok so Sim User Group on the 25th... canceled, as is the one on Jan 1st.
[2012/12/06 15:31]  Jonathan Yap: Once you get the dates figured out please put out a big sign at the meeting area
[2012/12/06 15:31]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): somehow I don't think anything is going to go on the 25th or 1st
[2012/12/06 15:31]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): so no meeting on Christmas day?
[2012/12/06 15:31]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): what a letdown
[2012/12/06 15:31]  Simon Linden: I will be rezzing eggnog
[2012/12/06 15:31]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): LOL
[2012/12/06 15:31]  Whirly Fizzle: Only if we can turn up drunk :D
[2012/12/06 15:31]  Fenix Eldritch: :c
[2012/12/06 15:31]  Andrew Linden: Yeah, I'll be offline Christmas morning.
[2012/12/06 15:31]  Theresa Tennyson: MEETING AT MAESTRO'S HOUSE ON CHRISTMAS!!!
[2012/12/06 15:31]  Simon Linden: ... by that, I mean I won't be around
[2012/12/06 15:31]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): \o/
[2012/12/06 15:31]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): ill bring the eggnog!
[2012/12/06 15:32]  Jenna Felton: needs a reallife gift than. that will be expensive Theresa
[2012/12/06 15:32]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): I'll be out of town, so please clean up after yourselves when the party's over :)
[2012/12/06 15:32]  Andrew Linden: Just a head's up about the interstlist work... this region is running the latest version, as is Ahern.
[2012/12/06 15:32]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): ^ Yep, that was the only other topic I had
[2012/12/06 15:33]  Crissi Yoshikawa: has anything been fixed in beta on PATHBUG-183 (random flying physical objects) since last meeting?
[2012/12/06 15:33]  Andrew Linden: I fixed the bug that would break your camera when moving your camera far away when sitting.
[2012/12/06 15:33]  Whirly Fizzle: Cool
[2012/12/06 15:33]  Andrew Linden: Crissi, I believe PATHBUT-183 has been fixed in this new interestlist code for a while.
[2012/12/06 15:34]  Rex Cronon: there used to be griefing object that took advantage of that
[2012/12/06 15:34]  Theresa Tennyson: While you're working on the camera, there's a situation where the camera following a vehicle gets messed up when you go through a lot with no outside visibility.
[2012/12/06 15:34]  Whirly Fizzle: Pathbutt :D
[2012/12/06 15:34]  Rex Cronon: i mean about breaking your camera when sitting
[2012/12/06 15:34]  Andrew Linden: er... PATHBUG-183 (thanks Whirly)
[2012/12/06 15:34]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Do you lose sight of yourself when you enter the parcel without visibility, Theresa?
[2012/12/06 15:34]  Andrew Linden: There were some new interstlist bugs in Morris and Ahern yesterday from an experimental deploy I did
[2012/12/06 15:34]  Crissi Yoshikawa: i tried the new code just before this meeting and it seems to be doing PATHBUG-183 less but still doing it
[2012/12/06 15:35]  Andrew Linden: but I fixed those last night
[2012/12/06 15:35]  Andrew Linden: and another fix this morning
[2012/12/06 15:35]  Andrew Linden: Hrm...
[2012/12/06 15:35]  Theresa Tennyson: The camera gets shoved over into a bizarre position and stays there.
[2012/12/06 15:35]  Andrew Linden: Crissi, are you getting any packet loss when you see PATHBUB-183?
[2012/12/06 15:35]  Crissi Yoshikawa: zero packet loss
[2012/12/06 15:35]  Andrew Linden: Ok.
[2012/12/06 15:36]  Crissi Yoshikawa: I saw about 10 objects fly across the screen in 10 minutes of watching
[2012/12/06 15:36]  Crissi Yoshikawa: often in burstsof 2 or 3
[2012/12/06 15:36]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Theresa, is this on Agni or on this DRTSIM-176 channel on Aditi?
[2012/12/06 15:36]  Andrew Linden: What objects are you using to reproduce the bug, and where do you locate them relative to your camera.
[2012/12/06 15:36]  Theresa Tennyson: That's on Agni.
[2012/12/06 15:36]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): okay
[2012/12/06 15:36]  Rex Cronon: btw i think that llSetRegionPos is not working right when u go back and forth acrross sim borders:(
[2012/12/06 15:36]  Andrew Linden: Crissi, yesterday? This morning, or very recently today?
[2012/12/06 15:36]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): It would make sense to test it for this version then
[2012/12/06 15:37]  Crissi Yoshikawa: there is a group off gray oval objects in the water there moving with moveto target and rotate look at randomly
[2012/12/06 15:37]  Crissi Yoshikawa: in an area
[2012/12/06 15:37]  Theresa Tennyson: I think it's just when you cross a sim border into a region with outside visibility off.
[2012/12/06 15:37]  Crissi Yoshikawa: if you look to the side with a few on screen you seem some fly ob screean and acroos
[2012/12/06 15:37]  Andrew Linden: Crissi, in Morris?
[2012/12/06 15:37]  Crissi Yoshikawa: on screen*
[2012/12/06 15:37]  Crissi Yoshikawa: in Ahera
[2012/12/06 15:37]  Crissi Yoshikawa: Ahern
[2012/12/06 15:37]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Ok thanks Theresa, I'll let them know that they should try that out, for DRTSIM-176
[2012/12/06 15:38]  Andrew Linden: Ok, I'll try to go find them later.
[2012/12/06 15:38]  Crissi Yoshikawa: thanks
[2012/12/06 15:38]  Jonathan Yap: For the last several days a lot of my inventory does not seem to rezz (note how I look right now) -- is there something up with the asset system here (aside from being full)?
[2012/12/06 15:38]  Crissi Yoshikawa: you can't miss them
[2012/12/06 15:38]  Whirly Fizzle: Did you change your password Jonathan?
[2012/12/06 15:38]  Jonathan Yap: no
[2012/12/06 15:38]  Jenna Felton: Jonathan, you changed the password? i am bugging very much since i did that
[2012/12/06 15:38]  Andrew Linden: Rex, what do you mean by llSetRegionPos() not working after region crossing?
[2012/12/06 15:38]  Jonathan Yap: I do not dare
[2012/12/06 15:39]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): There might be something going on with this sim host; I was fine a few minutes ago, then relogged directly into Morris and became a cloud
[2012/12/06 15:39]  Whirly Fizzle: No dont lol. That messed me up
[2012/12/06 15:39]  Jonathan Yap: I have a New Feature question about IMs when there is a break
[2012/12/06 15:39]  Rex Cronon: it goes from sim a to sim b. sometimes it can't seem to return
[2012/12/06 15:39]  Avi Savira: yes, i changed my password to "update" my inventory, now i cant rez any objects or open scripts from my invemtory
[2012/12/06 15:39]  Rex Cronon: to sim a
[2012/12/06 15:40]  Whirly Fizzle: Andrew is still Ruthed to me & Maestro has a funky haorbase on..kinda half ruthed
[2012/12/06 15:40]  Whirly Fizzle: *hairbase
[2012/12/06 15:40]  Jenna Felton: there is a jira entry for that https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7727?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel
[2012/12/06 15:40]  Andrew Linden: Rex, here in Morris? On some other region on aditi? Or on the main grid?
[2012/12/06 15:40]  Jenna Felton: read too late unfortuatelly
[2012/12/06 15:40]  Rex Cronon: on main grid
[2012/12/06 15:40]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Yeah, Andrew is Ruthed to me too
[2012/12/06 15:40]  Whirly Fizzle: Even has boobs :D
[2012/12/06 15:41]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Rex and Jenna are also clouds
[2012/12/06 15:41]  Lucia Nightfire: not enough liquor in me yet, heh
[2012/12/06 15:41]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): and Kallista is grey
[2012/12/06 15:41]  Rex Cronon: u r ruthed adrew. at least to me
[2012/12/06 15:41]  Whirly Fizzle: Try a replace outfit Andrew, that usually fixes
[2012/12/06 15:41]  Simon Linden: That's about what I'm seeing too, fwiw
[2012/12/06 15:41]  Kallista Arliss (kallista.destiny): I was a cloud then I changed groups
[2012/12/06 15:41]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): no change, andrew, try changing your group tag?
[2012/12/06 15:41]  Nal (nalates.sonnenkern): Rex has yet to rez for me
[2012/12/06 15:41]  Kallista Arliss (kallista.destiny): how's that (Rebaked)
[2012/12/06 15:42]  Rex Cronon: i see myself as a cloud
[2012/12/06 15:42]  Whirly Fizzle: Andrews fixed
[2012/12/06 15:42]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): now andrew's shape looks right
[2012/12/06 15:42]  Qie (qie.niangao): so, Rex, the llSetRegionPos() back to sim a is only moving less than 10m into sim a, right? (otherwise it shouldn't work)
[2012/12/06 15:42]  Nal (nalates.sonnenkern): Yeah, Andrew rezzed
[2012/12/06 15:42]  Motor Loon: oh figured it was just me... I dont see Maestro, Jenna, Rex either (andrew fine now)
[2012/12/06 15:42]  Kallista Arliss (kallista.destiny): Rex is a cloud
[2012/12/06 15:43]  Rex Cronon: it moves from sima to simb. less than 10m away from border
[2012/12/06 15:43]  Whirly Fizzle: Jenna & REz clouds to me also
[2012/12/06 15:43]  Theresa Tennyson: Jonathan turned into a nighmarish black Gollum.
[2012/12/06 15:43]  Whirly Fizzle: *Rex
[2012/12/06 15:43]  Nal (nalates.sonnenkern): Maestro is alpha layered out from the waist to the ankles
[2012/12/06 15:43]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): You mean that's not his true form? :)
[2012/12/06 15:43]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): maestro looks fine to me, aside from the pink hair
[2012/12/06 15:43]  Whirly Fizzle: haha same
[2012/12/06 15:43]  Inara Breen: Ditto
[2012/12/06 15:43]  Jonathan Yap: most of my attachments aren't loading
[2012/12/06 15:43]  Rex Cronon: if the distance was more than 10m from border how could it get in simb in the first place?
[2012/12/06 15:43]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Usually the pink hair is inside my skull, like a small freakish tumor.
[2012/12/06 15:43]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): lol
[2012/12/06 15:43]  Kallista Arliss (kallista.destiny): I think the pink hair is a feature, not a bug
[2012/12/06 15:43]  Qie (qie.niangao): no, I meant when it moves back. now that it's in sim b, it can only move 10m into sim a
[2012/12/06 15:44]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): jenna and rex are clouds to me
[2012/12/06 15:44]  Rex Cronon: they r equal distance from border
[2012/12/06 15:44]  Whirly Fizzle: This will all be fixed with serverside baking hopefully! \o/
[2012/12/06 15:44]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): +1
[2012/12/06 15:44]  Qie (qie.niangao): oh, okay.
[2012/12/06 15:44]  Motor Loon: or mabye it'll just be everybody not rezzing Whirly °͜°
[2012/12/06 15:44]  Jenna Felton: my inventory stoped by 12k items, i have something about 34k
[2012/12/06 15:45]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Oh, I have one more topic!
[2012/12/06 15:45]  Rex Cronon: "apperance" menu item is gray out for me
[2012/12/06 15:45]  Jenna Felton: this may make me cloud
[2012/12/06 15:45]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Recently some people have noticed that the 'free L$ on aditi' nightly script no longer works
[2012/12/06 15:45]  Kallista Arliss (kallista.destiny): Yeah but Thou shalt not hold thy breath, neither shall thee get thy hopes up.
[2012/12/06 15:45]  Whirly Fizzle: True Motor lol
[2012/12/06 15:45]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Coyot investigated, and believes he fixed the problem
[2012/12/06 15:45]  Kallista Arliss (kallista.destiny): I have L$5
[2012/12/06 15:45]  Rex Cronon: we get free $L?
[2012/12/06 15:45]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): so it should run tonight, I believe around 23:00 PST
[2012/12/06 15:46]  Jenna Felton: i have L$ 30 today, must have about 40.000
[2012/12/06 15:46]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): I only have $291k
[2012/12/06 15:46]  Whirly Fizzle: Oh cool.
[2012/12/06 15:46]  Jenna Felton: 20
[2012/12/06 15:46]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): if you have less than L$10,000, you should get L$5,000 tonight
[2012/12/06 15:46]  Whirly Fizzle: Whoohooo!
[2012/12/06 15:46]  Rex Cronon: be more generous. make it 500k:)
[2012/12/06 15:46]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): We're not sure that his fix works yet, but we'll find out by tomorrow..
[2012/12/06 15:46]  Kallista Arliss (kallista.destiny): lol
[2012/12/06 15:46]  Whirly Fizzle: When you change password, the Aditi L$ becomes what you had on Agni. That never used to happen right?
[2012/12/06 15:46]  Theresa Tennyson: I have L$20,000. I wish you'd load some decent shopping regions onto Aditi.
[2012/12/06 15:46]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Heh, maybe it could be a lottery
[2012/12/06 15:47]  Kallista Arliss (kallista.destiny): It'll be a poor Christmas
[2012/12/06 15:47]  Lucia Nightfire: afaik, Whirley thats correct behaviour
[2012/12/06 15:47]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): I'm not sure Whirly. It could be that that always happened, but that you'd get the L$ the following evening on Aditi
[2012/12/06 15:47]  Jenna Felton: i have a question about paswordchange. If i am on Aditi in a group that i was invited here on aditi and i change my password, will i loose that group due avatar update?
[2012/12/06 15:47]  Whirly Fizzle: ahh okay
[2012/12/06 15:47]  Rex Cronon: sometimes people need to test money here, and they have to aks others for
[2012/12/06 15:47]  Rex Cronon: $L
[2012/12/06 15:47]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Yeah, the purpose of the free L$ is actually to allow people to test that
[2012/12/06 15:48]  Kallista Arliss (kallista.destiny): I'll gladly pay you tuesday for l$ today
[2012/12/06 15:48]  Andrew Linden: Jenna, my guess is that yes, your aditi groups will be cleaned out and updated with their state from the main grid.
[2012/12/06 15:48]  Kallista Arliss (kallista.destiny): Hmm lat time I updatem me the groups did't change
[2012/12/06 15:49]  Whirly Fizzle: When I changed my pssd couple of weeks ago, my groups never updated. They are all ancient still
[2012/12/06 15:49]  Kallista Arliss (kallista.destiny): Ok next tuesday I'll give you l$1
[2012/12/06 15:49]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Great, thanks Kallista
[2012/12/06 15:49]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): groups arent supposed to update
[2012/12/06 15:49]  Kallista Arliss (kallista.destiny): Yeah I was in groups that have been empty and void for years
[2012/12/06 15:49]  Andrew Linden: huh, ok I guess the import from one grid to another doesn't handle groups as I'd expect.
[2012/12/06 15:49]  Jonathan Yap: It used to
[2012/12/06 15:49]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): true, it used to
[2012/12/06 15:50]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): but they stoped doing that, I forget why
[2012/12/06 15:50]  Jonathan Yap: My group list is populated from when my aditi account was set up
[2012/12/06 15:50]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Also, estate data on Aditi is rather stale compared to Agni
[2012/12/06 15:50]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): I believe Aditi used to have regular full database updates from Agni, but that we haven't done that for a while
[2012/12/06 15:50]  Jenna Felton: i am in a group that is aditi-only and it survived my last pwd change but since the bug i was not sure. i hoped that is normal and wil be ok if i experiment with the bug. ok, thank you all
[2012/12/06 15:51]  Rex Cronon: oh. and another weird thing that happens on sim crossing on main: i sit on npv in sima, go to simb, i am unsat, npv returns to sima, and if i walk across to sima, suddenly i am sitting again on npv(non-physical) vechicle
[2012/12/06 15:51]  Jonathan Yap: I have a question about IMs
[2012/12/06 15:52]  Jonathan Yap: If you are in an IM with someone and know they are typing at you when you crash--would it be possible to buffer those non-acked IMs to be delivered when you log back on?
[2012/12/06 15:53]  Jenna Felton: yes i get them also via email much later
[2012/12/06 15:53]  Andrew Linden: Rex, I'm guessing that problem happens when crossing borders between two regions that are on "distant" hosts (in separate colocation facilities), but maybe not when done on two regions that share the same host.
[2012/12/06 15:53]  Kallista Arliss (kallista.destiny): Actually I have recieved IMs from when I crashed
[2012/12/06 15:53]  Jonathan Yap: There is the 60(?) second timeout before the sim knows you have crashed, so it sends those IMs to your session, not knowing it is dead yet
[2012/12/06 15:53]  Rex Cronon: it doesn't always happen. only sometimes
[2012/12/06 15:53]  Whirly Fizzle: I have too, but not always. I guess it depends on how long region takes to disconnect you?
[2012/12/06 15:54]  Andrew Linden: Jonathan, I think you're right. It would try to send to the dead session.
[2012/12/06 15:54]  Theresa Tennyson: Before we go - where are the threaded-region-crossing sims on Aditi?
[2012/12/06 15:54]  Andrew Linden: Until the UDP circuit times out.
[2012/12/06 15:54]  Jonathan Yap: would it be easy to buffer those non-acknowledged IMs?
[2012/12/06 15:55]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Theresa: the channel name would be DRTSIM-184
[2012/12/06 15:55]  Jonathan Yap: or does the client not tell the server they have been received?
[2012/12/06 15:55]  Yuzuru (yuzuru.jewell): http texture is very slow in Japan..
[2012/12/06 15:55]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): a few of the GC Test regoins are on that channel, Theresa
[2012/12/06 15:55]  Theresa Tennyson: /me puts her hands on her hips and cocks her head in exasperation.
[2012/12/06 15:55]  Theresa Tennyson: Okay, I'll look for those.
[2012/12/06 15:56]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Theresa: "GC Test 15" and "GC Test 16" are both on that channel and are on mainland (should have access..)
[2012/12/06 15:56]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): they're adjacent, so that should give you some region crossing opportunities
[2012/12/06 15:56]  Andrew Linden: Jonathan, I don't think salvaging those undelivered IM's would be trivial..., but maybe not too hard.
[2012/12/06 15:56]  Jenna Felton: i guess the user agent should see if the agent is crached and do something with the IMs, possibly it does and sends me the IMs via email
[2012/12/06 15:56]  Rex Cronon: btw. r there any sims here that we terraform? or at least parcels?
[2012/12/06 15:56]  Caleb Linden: let me make sure they have threading turned on
[2012/12/06 15:56]  Andrew Linden: A callback would have to be registered for the lost packets, storing the data that was sent.
[2012/12/06 15:57]  Jonathan Yap: You could cap the number stored to some low value
[2012/12/06 15:57]  Andrew Linden: When the packets are determined to be lost then the callback would have to do the work to preserve them for later.
[2012/12/06 15:57]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): @ Andrew, how would the server know if the disconnect was from a crash of loggof?
[2012/12/06 15:57]  Jonathan Yap: also only store private IMs
[2012/12/06 15:57]  Andrew Linden: The code already exists to preserve them, so we'd just have to hookit up to the callback.
[2012/12/06 15:57]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): ok
[2012/12/06 15:58]  Jenna Felton: when an IM is sent in time i am teleporting, the IM is mostly lost for my session but arrives via email to me, also
[2012/12/06 15:58]  Whirly Fizzle: Yeah
[2012/12/06 15:58]  Nal (nalates.sonnenkern): Did anyone do anything about the ADITI disks filling up problem?
[2012/12/06 15:58]  Jonathan Yap: I will write up a jira for this idea
[2012/12/06 15:58]  Jenna Felton: i have written a large feature request
[2012/12/06 15:58]  Andrew Linden: Logoffs are negotiated between server and client. A crash typically leaves the UDP circuit in a broken state
[2012/12/06 15:58]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): I believe that plan is still in progress, Nal
[2012/12/06 15:58]  Andrew Linden: and it times out after 60 seconds
[2012/12/06 15:59]  Jenna Felton: but not posted yet in forums
[2012/12/06 15:59]  Andrew Linden: but the individual UDP packets that get lost usually timeout well before the circuit itself
[2012/12/06 15:59]  Nal (nalates.sonnenkern): Mastro,, you mean a plan being impliementsed or a plan being made?
[2012/12/06 15:59]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): I think the plan has been made
[2012/12/06 15:59]  Andrew Linden: but the circuit will know that they are lost, and would thus be able to call a callback function... providing one was registered for those packets
[2012/12/06 16:00]  Nal (nalates.sonnenkern): Neat... Thx
[2012/12/06 16:00]  Fenix Eldritch: What was ultimately decided?
[2012/12/06 16:00]  Jonathan Yap: Thank you Andrew
[2012/12/06 16:00]  Jenna Felton: /me nods thank you Andrew
[2012/12/06 16:01]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): From what I heard, they're looking to acquire more disk space
[2012/12/06 16:01]  Andrew Linden: /me goes to find buggy objects on Ahern
[2012/12/06 16:01]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Okay, we're out of time
[2012/12/06 16:01]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): fun times
[2012/12/06 16:01]  Jenna Felton: I would like to know too what about the too large inventory in Aditi, my feature request should keep it very small but complete, not usre if i should post it
[2012/12/06 16:01]  Nal (nalates.sonnenkern): Thanks Lindens
[2012/12/06 16:01]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): thanks for your time, andrew
[2012/12/06 16:01]  Mæstro Linden (maestro.linden): Thanks for coming!
[2012/12/06 16:02]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): thanks for your info, maestro
[2012/12/06 16:02]  Simon Linden: Thanks everyone for coming today, see you next time
[2012/12/06 16:02]  Yuzuru (yuzuru.jewell): Thank you.
[2012/12/06 16:02]  Whirly Fizzle: Thank you :)
[2012/12/06 16:02]  And all I got was this lousy DN (tankmaster.finesmith): have a good weekend, simon :D
[2012/12/06 16:02]  Qie (qie.niangao): Thanks.
[2012/12/06 16:02]  Rex Cronon: tc andrew, maestro,simon