Community Tools User Group/24-Feb-2011

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Transcript

[13:02] Amanda Linden: kk, lexie can talk to roles in general and then, once we get hte system up and running, we can look at your role in particular.
[13:02] Jeremy Linden: Hello!
[13:02] Amanda Linden: hey jeremy!
[13:02] Amanda Linden has pinged you.
[13:02] Amanda Linden: welcome
[13:02]
[13:02] Draconis Neurocam has pinged you.
[13:02] Amanda Linden: hey angella
[13:02] Amanda Linden: and torben
[13:02]
[13:02] Lexie Linden has pinged you.
[13:02] Amanda Linden: and elena
[13:02] Amanda Linden: welcome!
[13:03]
[13:03] Amanda Linden: ok, here's our agenda for those just joining.
[13:03] Amanda Linden: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Community_Tools_User_Group
[13:03] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): hi Lexie
[13:03] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): hi all
[13:03] Amanda Linden: any other agenda items?
[13:03] Amanda Linden: kk, we'll keep this casual. :)
[13:03] Amanda Linden: first, update on the transition to new community platform.
[13:04] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): oh, it´s Lindens vs. residents today? - I better walk to the other side
[13:04] Amanda Linden: i can start off and then, lexie, jeremy, join in.
[13:04] Amanda Linden has pinged you.
[13:04] Amanda Linden: silly--no. come sit with me.
[13:04] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): awww :)
[13:04] Amanda Linden: :)
[13:04] Jeremy Linden: Heh. I don't have anything for the agenda, do I? :-)
[13:04] Amanda Linden: so, we're in the process of porting the data from the jive system into the new platform.
[13:04] Amanda Linden: so far, so good.
[13:04]
[13:05] Amanda Linden: lot sof work to do smoothing out edges, qa'ing, etc.
[13:05] Amanda Linden: but the team is burning midnight oil to make sure that we hit our date.
[13:05] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): yay :)
[13:05] Amanda Linden: as you know, the current system is in read-only mode and will be until 3/2
[13:05] Amanda Linden: jeremy/lexie, anything you want to add?
[13:05] Amanda Linden has pinged you.
[13:05] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): and the certificate is no longer valid
[13:05]
[13:05] Amanda Linden: yeah, we know.
[13:05] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): which causes some confusion :)
[13:06] Amanda Linden: we are trying to get it renewed for a week until we transition over. sorry for that.
[13:06] Amanda Linden: it's a pain.
[13:06] I think you will all like the new system!
[13:06] Amanda Linden: raymond and fritz are on it.
[13:06] Jeremy Linden: /me doesn't think there are any additional concerns on the doc side at the moment. The import is going quite well!
[13:06] Amanda Linden: yep, i'm already seeing the system fill in with great content!
[13:07] Amanda Linden: and the universal search is a dream.
[13:07] Cummere Mayo: quick question
[13:07] Amanda Linden: sure
[13:07] The new system does have ranks/roles associated with it. I suggest after we launch, if anyone has thoughts about needed roles/ranks they head over to the feedback area of the Forums and add their thoughts there.
[13:07] Cummere Mayo: are the jive profiles being ported or are the profiles now gonna redirect to my.secondlife...
[13:08] Cummere Mayo: (not the world profiles, the forum ones
[13:08] Amanda Linden: that's a good question.
[13:08] bob Iwashi: we jsut starting folks?
[13:08] Amanda Linden: lexie/jeremy, do you guys know the answer?
[13:08] Amanda Linden has pinged you.
[13:08] Kraptacular Kat (bronson.blackadder): yessir
[13:08] Amanda Linden: yep! here's the agenda bob.
[13:08] Amanda Linden: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Community_Tools_User_Group
[13:09] Jeremy Linden: You haven't missed much, bob. Welcome.
[13:09] Amanda Linden: transition to new system is going smoothly. so far, so good. everyone has to knock on wood.
[13:09] Amanda Linden: ;)
[13:09] Community profiles are part of the new system. They are not ported over as a duplicate to Jive profiles.
[13:09] bob Iwashi: #thanks
[13:09] bob Iwashi rolls thanks:
[13:10] Cummere Mayo: okay cool. so one less place to have to hide profiles?
[13:10] Jeremy Linden: Cummere, if I understand your question, I'll say that your profile for the new community system will not be a redirect to your avatar profile. It'll be specific to your community site activity.
[13:10] bob Iwashi: sorry.
[13:10] Cummere Mayo: oh darn
[13:10] Cummere Mayo: okay
[13:10] When you have access to the new system, you will click on your name and it takes you directly to the profile page
[13:10] bob Iwashi: whispers: thought i landed on lexie's head
[13:10]
[13:11] Cummere Mayo: which profile page lexie? community or my.sl?
[13:11] Jeremy Linden: If you click your name, it takes you to your community profile.
[13:11] your profile for the community platform
[13:11] Amanda Linden: not your my.secondlife profile.
[13:11] Cummere Mayo: ah okay can we get those set to match our settings on our my.sl pages eventually?
[13:11] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): Community Profile being the one on the web?
[13:11] Amanda Linden: yep.
[13:12] Lisa Fossett: great :)
[13:12] Amanda Linden: any other questiosn about the new community platform?
[13:12] Amanda Linden: great questions--keep 'em coming!
[13:12] Amanda Linden: ah, we have fritz!
[13:12] Lisa Fossett: Amanda, do you have plans to promote it??
[13:12] Hi Fritz ã‹¡
[13:12] Lisa Fossett: and how?
[13:12] Amanda Linden: he's the tech guru....
[13:12] bob Iwashi: no, we have peanuts
[13:13] Amanda Linden: we are going to put out a post to promote, do an motd, etc.
[13:13] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): I had one question sent to Lexie but time already made it obsolete :)
[13:13] Cummere Mayo: can we get our profiles on the community page to match our sl.ones in terms of settings? like if we hide our my.sl can we hide our community one?
[13:13] Lisa Fossett: my personal experience is new residents just don't get the info
[13:13] Lisa Fossett: they don't notice blogs and MOTD
[13:13] Amanda Linden: motd is the best way to reach everyone. it's the most powerful tool we have to reach resis
[13:13] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): MotD used to be more forward, on the log-in page
[13:13] Amanda Linden: its oru best shot.
[13:14] Lisa Fossett: perhaps something on the dashboard of the sidebar?
[13:14] Word of mouth is also really good!
[13:14] Lisa Fossett: KK
[13:14] Amanda Linden: good idea. we can do that!
[13:14] Lisa Fossett: <--have mouth do travel
[13:14] Amanda Linden: will include that in our plans.
[13:14]
[13:14] Lisa Fossett: a straight in shot to the new pages
[13:14] the home tab might be useful for that, since its just a webpage anyway
[13:14] Jeremy Linden: Cummere, there's not much to hide in the community profiles; from what I can tell (looking at it now), the only public information will be things like "date registered", "last visited", "total messages posted"... and the rest is private info to help you stay organized.
[13:14] Lisa Fossett: nods, nods
[13:15] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): somewhat like the jira profiles?
[13:15] Cummere Mayo: jeremy userpics?
[13:15] Cummere Mayo has pinged you.
[13:16] Jeremy Linden: It does not appear so, Cummere.
[13:16] Amanda Linden: ping jeremy. question...
[13:16] Amanda Linden has pinged you.
[13:16] Amanda Linden: kk
[13:17] Cummere Mayo: /me breaths sigh of relief
[13:17] bob Iwashi: /me votes we chuck jeremy in the aqter if he goes a fk again
[13:17] bob Iwashi has pinged you.
[13:17] Cummere Mayo: userpic is a big one for matching to other info other sites... so if thats not public on this system im happy
[13:17] bob Iwashi: water*
[13:17] Cummere Mayo: well less unhappy
[13:17] Although profile does offer the ability to have some uploaded images that a person can set to viewable by public (if they want)
[13:17] Cummere Mayo: as long as its opt in lexie :)
[13:18]
[13:18] Amanda Linden: yep. just did that actually.
[13:18] Amanda Linden: :)
[13:18] Amanda Linden: playing around with it.
[13:18] What other burning questions do we have?
[13:18] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): stop teasing ^^
[13:19]
[13:19] Amanda Linden: ha. torben.
[13:19] Amanda Linden: sorry.
[13:19] Amanda Linden: will stop creating community platform envy
[13:19] Amanda Linden: ha
[13:19] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): /me still doesn't know Community Based from my.sl
[13:19] Jeremy Linden: /me is trying to keep a lid on the play-by-play so as to appear to just know these things :-)
[13:19] Cummere Mayo: ill wait for now *smiles* besides ive already filed 2 feature requests so yeah
[13:19] Cummere Mayo: hahaha jeremy :)
[13:19] Cummere Mayo has pinged you.
[13:19] Amanda Linden: jeremy is all knowing.
[13:19] Amanda Linden has pinged you.
[13:20] Jeremy Linden: I do keep tabs on the SL Knowledge Base!
[13:20] Amanda Linden: so, fritz is here, everyone should give him a big thank u for all of the hard work he's doing porting the data over.
[13:20] Amanda Linden: huge amount of work!
[13:20] Fritz Linden: it has been my pleasure!
[13:20]
[13:20] Jeremy Linden: /me claps.
[13:20] Amanda Linden: three cheers for fritz.
[13:20] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): WOOOHOOO!!!!
[13:20] Aki Shichiroji: Hi all :)
[13:20] Lisa Fossett: /me sends brownies and coffee to Fritz's office
[13:20] Aki Shichiroji: /me cheers Fritz
[13:20] Amanda Linden: hey aki.
[13:20] Jeremy Linden: Hiya Aki.
[13:20] Cummere Mayo: fritz if you happen to lose all the data associated with my name or certain posts made about me by daria theres a bonus in it for you
[13:20] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): and sorry for the GD forums Fritz
[13:21] Fritz is going to need a refill on some of that midnight oil
[13:21]
[13:21] Jeremy Linden: Strong coffee?
[13:21]
[13:21] Amanda Linden: questions re: the platform or can we move on to the next item?
[13:21] Lisa Fossett: Swedish...the best
[13:21]
[13:21] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): next :)
[13:21]
[13:21] Amanda Linden: swedish coffee--will have to seek that out.
[13:21]
[13:22] Cummere Mayo: i have all the questions youre willing to let me ask already :P
[13:22] Amanda Linden: i heart coffee
[13:22] Cummere Mayo: *have asked
[13:22] Amanda Linden: kk
[13:22] Fritz Linden: interesting note: we actually considered pulling all the content in from: http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/-1/1.html
[13:22] Lisa Fossett: Skanerost brygg, Amanda :)
[13:22] Amanda Linden: thanks lisa. will look that one up.
[13:22] Fritz Linden: but it didn't work out
[13:22] Amanda Linden: we have a few swedes in the office...
[13:22] bob Iwashi: dutch coffee is good
[13:22] that would be cool to have all the old old forum stuff in the search
[13:23] Amanda Linden: yeah, it's the biggest data migration that lithium has ever done, right fritz?
[13:23] Amanda Linden: (we already told folks it's lithium)
[13:23] what becomes of the old-old forum archives, then?
[13:23] I think it is the biggest
[13:23] Lisa Fossett: true, though there's diminishing returns as stuff is getting outdated.
[13:23] Fritz Linden: definitely the biggest the people we're working with have done... not sure if it is the absolute largest
[13:24] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): let´s give Lithium something to brag with :)
[13:24] outdated is sort of the point: it's a huge part of SL's history in there. It needs to be preserved in some form.
[13:24] Fritz Linden: forums-archive is staying right where it is
[13:24]
[13:24] Cummere Mayo: so its still accessible just not from the new system fritz?
[13:24] Fritz Linden: yep
[13:24] is the new lithium search going to be accessable via inworld http request, or will it be like the other stuff on the main sl website
[13:25] it seemed to have gotten jive-ified along the way, so I thought it might want to migrate out to something... less license-intensive.
[13:25] Lisa Fossett: ooooo
[13:25] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): now I´m curious what Daria wrote about you Cummere :)
[13:25] Fritz Linden: there is a ton of fascinating stuff in there, for the historians and tenured residents
[13:25] Cummere Mayo: torben about the same garbage she rights about other people that make it on her hit list
[13:26] Cummere Mayo: *writes
[13:26] Amanda Linden: second life archiologists....
[13:26] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): oh well, then it´s tl´dr
[13:26] Fritz Linden: draconis: its not behind a login so it should work if you want to scrape the http pages
[13:26] that could be very interesting
[13:27] Fritz Linden: but as always, we ask that you keep your request rate low
[13:27] Cummere Mayo: oh that reminds me... will the lithium pages be openid?
[13:27] Fritz Linden: yes, they will
[13:27] of course it was a theoretical question
[13:28] Amanda Linden: ok.... next item, before sue gets here.
[13:28] Amanda Linden: wondering if you guys would be interested in creating an inworld group for us--or a twitter feed--to be kept up-to-date on meeting stuff, etc.
[13:28] Cummere Mayo: in world group would work better for me
[13:28] Amanda Linden: not sure what format you prefer, but it would be good to let you know when meeting notes are posted, etc.
[13:28] I need to scoot to another meeting. Sorry! Bye for now everyone!
[13:28] Amanda Linden: bye lexie.
[13:28] Lisa Fossett: I saw that on the agenda and immediately thought, " NO Twitter"
[13:28] Cummere Mayo: tc lexie
[13:28] Amanda Linden: ha
[13:28]
[13:29] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): bye lexie :)
[13:29] Lisa Fossett: Bye, Lexie :)
[13:29] Aki Shichiroji: (i'm sorry to ask this late in the game, but is there an agenda page somewhere? I am not sure if something's been covered and would like to ask about it)
[13:29] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): /me doesn't use Twitter: You mean the Doc Group?
[13:29] Fritz Linden: I have to jump as well. Nice meeting you all
[13:29] Lisa Fossett: I prefer an inworld group
[13:29] Amanda Linden: /me thinks people are allergic to twitter.
[13:29] bob Iwashi: /me hates twitter
[13:29] Cummere Mayo: amanda you have no idea
[13:29] Lisa Fossett: it would have better visibility
[13:29] Amanda Linden: for this group--the communication tools group.
[13:29]
[13:29] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): as much as I like twitter... now that we can have that many groups I´d vote for that
[13:29] Amanda Linden: ok, all in favor of an inworld group say aye.
[13:29] Cummere Mayo: aye
[13:29] Lisa Fossett: aye
[13:29] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): aye
[13:29] Aki Shichiroji: aye
[13:30] Jeremy Linden: Aki: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Community_Tools_User_Group
[13:30] bob Iwashi: aye
[13:30] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): If we're swapping the Doc Hour for User Tools UG, why form a new group?
[13:30] Amanda Linden: all against the idea and have another one, say nay and what you would like to see....
[13:30] Aki Shichiroji: ah ok, thanks :)
[13:30] Amanda Linden: ok, the aye's have it.
[13:30] Cummere Mayo: nay: return to doc office hour format! (j/k)
[13:31] Amanda Linden: think that the docs list is for other topics.
[13:31] Lisa Fossett: perhaps a notice to Doc Hour usergroup to tell them to migrate if they wish...
[13:31] Jeremy Linden: To be honest, it doesn't see much action (if it's the one I think we're talking about)
[13:31] Amanda Linden: ok, will create the group and send invites to everyone here and post on our page.
[13:31] Amanda Linden: good idea.
[13:31] Amanda Linden: feel free to do that, i'm not in that group
[13:31] Lisa Fossett: I'm not either
[13:31] Amanda Linden: thanks lisa--good idea.
[13:32] Lisa Fossett: You can join long enough to do that, though :)
[13:32] Cummere Mayo: /me is already running out of groups again ><
[13:32] Amanda Linden: kk, will do then.
[13:32] Lisa Fossett: (I suppose you can)
[13:32] Amanda Linden: thanks guys.
[13:32] Amanda Linden: ok, we have about 10 mins before sue comes in.
[13:32] Amanda Linden: open forum.
[13:32] t think it would be evil to tweet if there's an update folks should know about, about the user group.
[13:32] Jeremy Linden: I think I should have power to post a notice to "Second Life Documentation"
[13:32] Lisa Fossett: true...but should also send notice...don't assume we all tweet
[13:33] Jeremy Linden: Jon made the group though, so if I don't, we're in trouble :-)
[13:33]
[13:33] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): I use Twitter only for SecondLie :)
[13:33] Amanda Linden: that's why i asked> :)
[13:33] Cummere Mayo: amanda any word or rumor about if content creators are going to get an official usergroup?
[13:33] Amanda Linden: pinged today on that...
[13:33] Amanda Linden: talking to kim today on that topic (my boss--vp of marketing)
[13:33] Amanda Linden: should have more news next week.
[13:34] Amanda Linden: good question, i've gotten lots of requests for that one.
[13:34] Cummere Mayo: okay well theres like two unofficial ones right now but it would be better to have an official one
[13:34] Aki Shichiroji: Ok - i have a question regarding the transaction record and the information it provides; the current record only shows display name and not account name. I noticed account names were added recently to the Friends List section on the website - could we see the addition of account names to the transaction record as well? (Sorry, i'm not sure if this is better suited to community tools or commerce)
[13:34] Amanda Linden: transaction record?
[13:34] Aki Shichiroji: The current lack of account names on the transaction record is leading to some issues for me when sending out updates or redeliveries.
[13:34] Amanda Linden: like linden dollar purchases or inworld purchases?
[13:34] Aki Shichiroji: inworld purchases.
[13:34] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): What differentiates Tool Users from Documentation?
[13:34] Cummere Mayo: inworld and marketplace purchases amanda
[13:35] Lisa Fossett: Ow...you mean transaction history is not using account name?
[13:35] Aki Shichiroji: it is not.
[13:35] Cummere Mayo: nope it uses display name
[13:35] Cummere Mayo: for god only knows why
[13:35] Amanda Linden: interesting. i'll bring that back to the viewer team. good point.
[13:35] Lisa Fossett: Oh, that's not good
[13:35] Any idea bout kelly's usergroup, he said he just had t(s) to cross and i(s) to dot?
[13:35] Aki Shichiroji: and when some folks are changing their display names once a week, getting them to prove they bought something is a pain.
[13:35] Cummere Mayo: not sure that should go to viewer... its a web issue
[13:35] Lisa Fossett: And perhaps explains why I couldn't find someone the other day.
[13:36] Aki Shichiroji: There's a JIRA for it: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-3321
[13:36] Amanda Linden: thanks aki.
[13:36] Amanda Linden: i'll pass it along to web/viewer folks.
[13:36] Aki Shichiroji: Thanks :)
[13:36] Amanda Linden: yeah, it's a good catch/
[13:36] Amanda Linden: kelly's usergroup is on my kim list too today.
[13:36] Amanda Linden: he would run the scripters user group
[13:37] Amanda Linden: but, need to run it up the flagpole
[13:37] Cummere Mayo: the transaction hsitory using display names its been brought up at the commerce hour... but yeah i think that may need to go to yoz or whoever is handling general web issues
[13:37] Amanda Linden: and, the docs user group does not exist any more.
[13:37] Amanda Linden: it's this user group now.
[13:38] Amanda Linden: or the docs office hours... is now this user group, with expanded scope.
[13:38] Jeremy Linden: /me nods.
[13:38] Cummere Mayo: amanda is there going to be a policy group?
[13:38] Cummere Mayo: thats another one heavily asked for
[13:38] Amanda Linden: no, there will not be.
[13:38] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): Is Documentation showing, as my active group? My viewer isn't showing
[13:38] Cummere Mayo: :(
[13:38] Jeremy Linden: Yes, Arawn.
[13:38] Amanda Linden: cummere--better to get a stragith answer, right?
[13:38] Jeremy Linden: "Slexicographer", which was the group title.
[13:39] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): I should dump that title, for the new group?
[13:39] bob Iwashi: /me likes straight answers, easier to read than wonky
[13:39] Cummere Mayo: yeah but theres still not a way for users to really get or give good feedback abotu policy stuff
[13:39] Jeremy Linden: Once there is a new group, Arawn, probably. I'll try to send out a group notice once the new group goes up.
[13:39] Amanda Linden: that's not something that we are going to create a group for, sorry.
[13:40] Amanda Linden: lemme see if i can track down sue.
[13:40] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): /me recalls that there's a Linden Lab Haters Group
[13:40] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): /me wonders if Lindens can force TP other Lindens
[13:40] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): It started one wednesday morn
[13:40] depends on if they are in godmode i would imagine
[13:41] Jeremy Linden: /me has seen some rather hilarious results proving the answer.
[13:41] Cummere Mayo: torben i dunno about if they are both in godmode, but i know if one is and one isnt the one in can
[13:41] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): hehe I bet
[13:41] Lisa Fossett: giggles
[13:41] Amanda Linden: sue is on her way. get your jira questions ready!
[13:41] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): Godmode should give TP Choices
[13:41] Jeremy Linden: Hi Sue!
[13:41] just sue (sue.linden): oh dear... i need more cooffeee
[13:42] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): looks like Sue came voluntarily :)
[13:42] Cummere Mayo: hey sue!
[13:42]
[13:42] Lisa Fossett: /me passes out the Skanerost
[13:42] just sue (sue.linden): /me waves
[13:42] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): hi Sue :)
[13:42] Lisa Fossett: Welcome!
[13:42] Amanda Linden: (swedish coffee--sue)
[13:42] Aki Shichiroji: Hi Sue :)
[13:42] Amanda Linden: we just discussed its merits.
[13:42] Amanda Linden: hey so, folks--sue has joined us to help answer your jira questions from last week.
[13:42] just sue (sue.linden): are we in voice? or just text?
[13:42] Amanda Linden: fire away , as they say
[13:42] Amanda Linden: jsut text
[13:43] Cummere Mayo: hey sue got a load of jira questions i was hoping to catch you last friday for *wicked grin*
[13:43] just sue (sue.linden): /me removes headset and gets more comfy
[13:43] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): Voice is hard to document
[13:43] Amanda Linden: no voice dots here anyway
[13:43] just sue (sue.linden): ok. just checking i wasn;t missing something. :)
[13:43] Lisa Fossett: yeah, voice disabled
[13:44] bob Iwashi: you don't wanna hear me, belive m e, singing along to bruce speingsteen atm
[13:44] Amanda Linden: crickets?
[13:44] Cummere Mayo: im asusming sue hasnt seen teh agenda so agenda item : Jira moderation feature for reporting abusive posts?
[13:44] just sue (sue.linden): I've raised that to the team in charge of tools.
[13:44] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): and/or abusive posters (like people doing edit wars)
[13:45] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): Wouldn't edit wars be more wiki? Have those happened yet?
[13:45] just sue (sue.linden): I am not officially on that team anymore so can't make any decisions. But has anyone looked for plugins? I should see if there is one
[13:45] Cummere Mayo: I wouldnt know where to look tbh sue
[13:45] just sue (sue.linden): plugins.atlassian.com (is what I'm referring to)
[13:45] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): Buggy SLPlugin.exe?
[13:45] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): Arawn: VWR-24746 is a great example
[13:45] Cummere Mayo: ah okay ill try looking there
[13:46] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): people closing and reopening this frequently
[13:46] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): URL?
[13:46] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-24746
[13:46] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): though it´s a horrible example for Jira
[13:46] Cummere Mayo: lots of abuse from both sides of that too, though one side far more then the other...
[13:47] Amanda Linden: sue, we should talk offline re: moderation.
[13:47] one incredibly persistent fool keeps trying to close that particular jira
[13:47] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): Shouldn't that be an SEC Issue?
[13:47] just sue (sue.linden): are there any other quesitons besides goverance?
[13:47] Amanda Linden: there might be a way for us to manually tie moderation between the new platform and jira.
[13:47] Cummere Mayo: yeah actually
[13:48] just sue (sue.linden): as amanda said, I am not the one to make a call on who to remove jira privileges and when to reinstate
[13:48] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): Sue, is there a way to exclude Lindenrobot´s comments from the mailing list?
[13:48] just sue (sue.linden): hum.... good question.
[13:48] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): sometimes I have like 200 comments over night with changesets
[13:48] Cummere Mayo: can we get a jira helper like role for snowstorm contributers and testers? or open up the existing os contributor role to testers?
[13:48] just sue (sue.linden): at the moment, it's set up to email all comments
[13:49] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): ok, so filter is the answer :)
[13:49] Cummere Mayo: torben there is not... believe me oz looked into it
[13:49] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): Selective Twit Mode might be useful, for the less tolerant
[13:49] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): hehe ok
[13:49] just sue (sue.linden): i think so :( sorry ... the notification system is "event triggered"
[13:49] just sue (sue.linden): so it's set up to email when a "comment event" happens
[13:49] just sue (sue.linden): i can ask the lnidenrobot dev about it ... see if a workaround
[13:49] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): I think it´s safe to filter lindenrobot to trash
[13:50] just sue (sue.linden): :)
[13:50] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): was just curious
[13:50] bob Iwashi: how's rodders settled in? nowt since his last post
[13:50] bob Iwashi: on hte blog**
[13:50] just sue (sue.linden): cummere - reading back to your question. technically, yes. but not sure who to set up and maintain
[13:51] Amanda Linden: bob--he's settling in well.
[13:51] just sue (sue.linden): i think Oz would be my first stop
[13:51] Amanda Linden: i'm going to start working with him on another update on the blog next month.
[13:51] just sue (sue.linden): (about jira premissions in snowstorm)
[13:51] Amanda Linden: but he's done a lot of press....
[13:51] bob Iwashi: whispers: good :)
[13:51] bob Iwashi: i read that, but it all looks goos
[13:51] bob Iwashi: good*
[13:51] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): sue, I didn´t see any moderation tool in the jira documentation
[13:51] Cummere Mayo: oz is swamped and tried to get me added to the existing contributors role but i think my ca was rejected
[13:51] Amanda Linden: great to get his take.perspective.
[13:52] just sue (sue.linden): ca?
[13:52] just sue (sue.linden): ^ cummere?
[13:52] Cummere Mayo: contributors agreement
[13:52] just sue (sue.linden): oh
[13:52] just sue (sue.linden): ok
[13:52] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): Is there a way to silently delete comments?
[13:53] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): for admins that is
[13:53] just sue (sue.linden): /me thinking
[13:53] just sue (sue.linden): let me look at something
[13:53] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): right now they still show up in the history
[13:53] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): You mean like Muting?
[13:53] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): no I mean deleting a comment so it can´t be seen anymore
[13:54] Amanda Linden: (you can in blogs/forums, etc.)
[13:54] Amanda Linden: as an admin
[13:54] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): In which context?
[13:54] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): in the JIRA
[13:54] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): example:
[13:54] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): someone posted a link to Cummere´s facebook
[13:54] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): Can't we delete and edit our postings, in Jira?
[13:54] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): admin deleted it but it can still be seen in the history
[13:55] Cummere Mayo: its still seen in the history yeah
[13:55] it would be nice to be able to delete our own jiras, i have some from 2007 that arnt relevent anymore
[13:55] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): /nme wants a link to Cummere's FB: Sounds like an oversight
[13:55] just sue (sue.linden): yeah, i'm not seeing how not to have it in he history
[13:55] Cummere Mayo: wasnt to my fb it was to the widget
[13:55] just sue (sue.linden): draconis ... you can't mark as "won't finish" or something?
[13:56] Lisa Fossett: you can close it, can't you??
[13:56] but i would think just getting rid of it for clutter purposes would be better
[13:56] Lisa Fossett: it may have historical significance
[13:56] Cummere Mayo: closing it we can do deleting we cannot
[13:57] Cummere Mayo: im not worried abotu deleting jiras too much though theres some we could .... i would like to see deleted comments actually deleted :-/
[13:57] Cummere Mayo: or at least hidden
[13:58] just sue (sue.linden): you should be able to delete your own comments (just checked the permissions) but as for not showing up in the history ... i'm looking at jira docs and not seeing how to remove that
[13:58] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): Sue, what if you set the comment to viewable by Lindens and Reporter?
[13:58] just sue (sue.linden): that would work! (though i'd want to test)
[13:58] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): then it would be gone from history and invisible :)
[13:58] just sue (sue.linden): smart
[13:58] just sue (sue.linden): !
[13:58] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): Should be a color flash, on that.
[13:59] Cummere Mayo: btw discorvery just lifted off on its last mission
[13:59] Arawn Graalrd (arawn.spitteler): I've hit a few ban-lines the parcel owner never intended.
[13:59] Amanda Linden: hey guys, looks liek we're at the end of our time!
[13:59] Amanda Linden: thanks so much for another great session...
[13:59] Lisa Fossett: That went fast
[14:00] Amanda Linden: and thank jeremy and sue for joinng!
[14:00] Amanda Linden has pinged you.
[14:00] just sue (sue.linden): I'll suggest the "linden and reporter" comment to people
[14:00] Jeremy Linden: Lots of good info here!
[14:00] Amanda Linden: lots of great info.
[14:00] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): yay, back to work :)
[14:00] Jeremy Linden: Amanda, would you like me to log this transcript, since Rand isn't here?
[14:00] Amanda Linden: i'm going to grab the chat and have rand put up when he gets back from vaca.
[14:00] Amanda Linden: yeah...
[14:00] Amanda Linden: that would be ossm!!!
[14:00] Aki Shichiroji: Thanks for the session :)

Generated with SLog Wikifier