Doc Team/2010-04-14

From Second Life Wiki

Second Life Wiki > Doc Team/2010-04-14
Jump to: navigation, search

List of Attendees

Transcript

[12:42] Torley Linden: Friendly greetings!
[12:42] Torley Linden: Oh, some early visitors! Who's deliberately here for the office hour with Doc Team? :D
[12:42] Elite Runner: Hi Torley!
[12:42] Torley Linden: Heyyy Elite!
[12:42] Marsha Warwillow: Hello :)
[12:43] Torley Linden: I'm just going to place some seating so we appear more comfy.
[12:43] Torley Linden: Office hour starts in about 20 min...
[12:43] Elite Runner: ok
[12:43] Marsha Warwillow: Ok thank you
[12:43] Please Wait Now Loading !
[12:43] Please Wait Now Loading !
[12:44] Notecard Read OK...
[12:44] Notecard Read OK...
[12:44] Second Life: You have added ".:NOTsoBAD:. Main shop" to your .:NsB:. Sofa AMAL (all colors) folder.
[12:44] Elite Runner: Why the doc team office hours been moved?
[12:44] Marsha Warwillow: Are you holding a 80's era Roland?
[12:44] Marsha Warwillow: lol
[12:44] Torley Linden: Close to it... in wood!
[12:45] Torley Linden: Elite, did you see http://secondlife.com/tnt  ?
[12:45] Marsha Warwillow: It's sweet
[12:45] Torley Linden: Reason why is we're promoting awareness of Viewer2Tips island
[12:45] Elite Runner: yes
[12:45] Torley Linden: the move is just temporary for this week.
[12:45] Torley Linden: :)
[12:45] Torley Linden: THanks I LIKE TO ROCK OUT ON THIS KEYTAR
[12:45] Elite Runner: ok
[12:45] me is ready
[12:45] me is ready
[12:45] me is ready
[12:45] me is ready
[12:46] Elite Runner: If you check out my Flickr, I uploaded pics of a clock tower using shared media
[12:47] Torley Linden: oh lol
[12:47] Marsha Warwillow: :D
[12:47] Torley Linden: i didn't expect that seat to sit so close XD
[12:47] Torley Linden: sorry
[12:47] Torley Linden: testing
[12:47] Torley Linden: hahahahaha
[12:47] Torley Linden: Elite is that the same clock you sent me?
[12:47] Elite Runner: lol
[12:47] Marsha Warwillow: It's ok I kinda enjoyed it ;)
[12:47] Marsha Warwillow: Do you have a link to your flickr?
[12:47] Now Animation -> sofa-unisex-02-L4
[12:48] Elite Runner: 1 sec
[12:48] Now Animation -> sofa-unisex-10-L4
[12:49] Now Animation -> sofa-male-01-L4
[12:49] Marsha Warwillow: I must try each cushion
[12:49] Elite Runner: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryan_3000
[12:49] Marsha Warwillow: ;)
[12:49] Marsha Warwillow: Thank you for the link
[12:50] Marsha Warwillow: That's cool looking
[12:51] Torley Linden: brb in a few min
[12:52] DJ Earnshaw: is any one talking, I dont hear anything, or is this not voice
[12:52] Marsha Warwillow: I do not have it so do not know
[12:53] Youri Ashton: hello :)
[12:53] Marsha Warwillow: Hi Youri
[12:54] Youri Ashton: dont mind me, working a little bit more on Hellen Kellerday event 2010 :)
[12:55] Elite Runner: can you hear the music?
[12:56] Youri Ashton: i got sounds muted
[12:56] Marsha Warwillow: The media player controls are greyed out for me
[12:56] Youri Ashton: yup
[12:56] DJ Earnshaw: i hearard musc on voic channel but no voice
[12:56] Youri Ashton: lol
[12:58] Youri Ashton: wb torley
[12:58] Torley Linden: thanks Youri!
[12:59] Youri Ashton: yw! :)
[12:59] Torley Linden: you're certainly dressed for warm weather.
[12:59] Youri Ashton: well... its actually dressed for post apocaliptica :p
[12:59] Torley Linden: that a themed roleplaying place?
[12:59] Torley Linden: heya Peste!
[12:59] Youri Ashton: I'm lately all the way into Fallout 3 :)
[12:59] Youri Ashton: hi peste
[12:59] Torley Linden: ohhhhh i haven't played that
[12:59] Peste Razor: Hey Torley!
[13:00] Peste Razor: :)
[13:00] Youri Ashton: I strongly recomment it Torley! you will love it!
[13:00] Peste Razor: Here we meet again
[13:00] Youri Ashton: same engine as SL btw
[13:00] Youri Ashton: Havok 4
[13:00] Marsha Warwillow: Is it better than Fallen Earth?
[13:00] Youri Ashton: by far
[13:00] Torley Linden: we're enroute to upgrading to Havok 7!
[13:00] Marsha Warwillow: Ok I will try it ty
[13:00] Torley Linden: hey Flenser, Nathan, felice, welcome!
[13:01] Youri Ashton: you can both use first person as thirth person look
[13:01] Youri Ashton: i know torley :p
[13:01] Torley Linden: Kate Linden should be here soon, Jeremy Linden maybe later... not sure if our boss Jon can make it today
[13:01] Torley Linden: but we'll find out, ha ha!
[13:01] Torley Linden: Dawny! KirstenLee! Chaley!
[13:01] Peste Razor: Can I have a seat?
[13:01] Nathan Adored: what does Havok7 bring us, beyond the obvious "its the next incremental forward movement of the physics engine"?
[13:01] Dawny Daviau: Hey there :)
[13:01] Torley Linden: yeah sure please have a seat and if there aren't enough i'll rez more
[13:01] Youri Ashton: please be seated!!!
[13:01] KirstenLee Cinquetti: hoi hoi :)
[13:01] Torley Linden: i wish i knew more on that front, Nathan... i defer that question to an expert like Andrew Linden
[13:01] Flenser Juergens: I'm still flying when I get places thru TP - hope the wee small folks that live in the woods can fix thjat soon.
[13:01] Youri Ashton: hoi kirsten, nederlandse merk ik :)
[13:02] Youri Ashton: hey open
[13:02] Chaley May: hi
[13:02] Nathan Adored: Everything is still rezzing for me.... Must be slow rez day.
[13:02] Opensource Obscure: hello everybody! i'm responsible for this little italian invasion
[13:02] Chaley May: will i need viewer 2 for this office hour?
[13:02] Peste Razor: I've been testing Havok 7 for some days
[13:03] Rare Fish: Pink Clownfish: Your pet swims happily around you. (Click your pet for a menu of options!)
[13:03] AKEYO DUSTIES - klick your shoes for the resize and recolor menu
[13:03] Common Fish: Green Betta: Your pet swims happily around you. (Click your pet for a menu of options!)
[13:03] Fedora Adventurer v1.3: Checking for updates...
[13:03] Fedora Adventurer v1.3: Your Fedora Adventurer is the latest version
[13:03] Dawny Daviau: lol at this couch hahahahahaha
[13:03] Marsha Warwillow: It's snuggly
[13:03] Domitilla Sass: mi sembra di essere in colonia
[13:03] Dawny Daviau: I am so cozy here yummy
[13:03] Torley Linden: oh blast crashed while rezzing a chair!
[13:03] Torley Linden: punishment!!
[13:03] Flenser Juergens: Lot of people.
[13:03] Youri Ashton: hey kate!
[13:03] Giuseppe Wisent: :)
[13:03] Chaley May: should i log on viewer 2 or not?
[13:03] Torley Linden: hahaha well i'm glad that seating *ahem* came in handy
[13:03] AlexisLightus Luik: hello everyone
[13:03] DJ Earnshaw: is this chat or chat and voice
[13:03] Kate Linden: Hello :)
[13:03] Marsha Warwillow: Giuseppe is on mylap lol
[13:04] ava MacFanatic: hy
[13:04] Dawny Daviau: Hiya
[13:04] pallina60 Loon: ㋡ Ciao ㋡
[13:04] Cisop Sixpence: lol
[13:04] Giuseppe Wisent: ops sorry :)))
[13:04] Marsha Warwillow: It's ok
[13:04] Torley Linden: we usually discuss things Viewer 2-related so it's recommended
[13:04] Chaley May: i couldve logged on viewer 2 allready for all the times asking :)
[13:04] Giuseppe Wisent: lag ;(
[13:04] Torley Linden: this will be text chat only, thanks for asking :)
[13:04] Chaley May: ok brb
[13:04] Torley Linden: Kaaaaaate
[13:04] Torley Linden: welcome each and everyone!
[13:04] Kate Linden: Hi Torley :)
[13:04] Youri Ashton: lol, come sit over here kate, you dont have to sit all the way there :p
[13:05] Giuseppe Wisent: Ty Torley :)
[13:05] Flenser Juergens: /me LOLs as Torley clearly renders
[13:05] LaDameRougeDAn Pearl: open ma cosa facciamo qui?
[13:05] Kate Linden: Rezzing first :)
[13:05] Jumpman Lane: lol hi
[13:05] AlexisLightus Luik: i hear a Torley but i dont see torley
[13:05] AliceDiMax Taurog: Ty Torley :)
[13:05] Youri Ashton: we are in the center
[13:05] Opensource Obscure: dame: ora ascoltiamo l'incontro qualche minuto poi magari ci spostiamo nelle strutture qui attorno che sono pensate per spiegare il Viewer 2
[13:05] Giuseppe Wisent: ok Open :)
[13:05] Torley Linden: right nearby AlexisLightus =)
[13:05] Jumpman Lane: say how come u and blue wear that janitor tag?
[13:05] AlexisLightus Luik: just alexis :P
[13:06] LaDameRougeDAn Pearl: quale discorso che non sento nulla
[13:06] LaDameRougeDAn Pearl: lol
[13:06] Torley Linden: the "Janitor" tag is for the Linden Maintenance group
[13:06] Torley Linden: which i need to be in to rez these chairs here and have them stick
[13:06] Youri Ashton: torley got voice on? lol. didnt see that happen inworld so far :)
[13:06] AlexisLightus Luik: whoops sory
[13:06] AlexisLightus Luik: o.o
[13:06] Kate Linden: Welcome to Viewer2Tips 1 island
[13:06] Cisop Sixpence: Eeew! Sticking Chairs. Really Torley.
[13:07] Torley Linden: i think now is a good time to get started... Kate! would you like to tell the tale of how this place came to be?
[13:07] Kate Linden: Sure :)
[13:07] Chaley May: i just hope i dont have clothing issues
[13:07] Torley Linden: (i'll rez more chairs, i know that arrangement is oddly close for some if you're a stranger... XD)
[13:07] Chaley May: am i naked or not?
[13:07] Opensource Obscure: torley chiede a kate di spiegare come nasce l'isola Viewer2Tips dove ci troviamo
[13:07] Cisop Sixpence: We're just friends I hope.
[13:07] Second Life: Now leaving god mode, level 0
[13:07] Kate Linden: During the alpha stage of Viewer 2, I thought it would be nice to prepare graphics for Residents who would be transitioning to the new viewer during the official release.
[13:07] Second Life: Now leaving god mode, level 0
[13:07] Second Life: Entering god mode, level 200
[13:08] Second Life: Entering god mode, level 200
[13:08] Please Wait Now Loading !
[13:08] Please Wait Now Loading !
[13:08] Kate Linden: The regions were built by Mia
[13:08] Notecard Read OK...
[13:08] Notecard Read OK...
[13:08] Peste Razor: Mamma Mia
[13:08] Kate Linden: and Torley, Mia and myself created the graphics that are available in the Inventory section for you to take copies of.
[13:08] Now Animation -> sofa-unisex-08-L4
[13:08] Torley Linden: (sorry for unseating you guys, accident!)
[13:09] Youri Ashton: crash
[13:09] Kate Linden: I spoke at one of the Community Gateway office hours and offered these graphics for use in the CG's if helpful and Torley has blogged and put the graphics on pwiki for your use as well.
[13:09] Opensource Obscure: (( kate spiega che lei, torley e mia hanno creato i pannelli che ci sono nella sezione Inventario ))
[13:09] Now Animation -> sofa-unisex-05-L4
[13:09] Kate Linden: The regions are designed to offer collaborative areas.
[13:09] Kate Linden: You are welcome to pick one of the Viewer2Tips regions (1-10) and use the seating areas located around the regions.
[13:09] Torley Linden: if you need a big printable list of "what features moved where in Viewer 2?" the link Kate refers to is https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Viewer_2_Moves
[13:09] Youri Ashton: ugh... lagggggg
[13:10] Giuseppe Wisent: :)
[13:10] Opensource Obscure: /me asks - is it fine if i provide my italian friends with some translations in public chat ?
[13:10] blogHUD Messenger: Your image post has arrived at blogHUD.com []: see http://bloghud.com/id/39279
[13:10] Script trying to stop animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set
[13:10] Torley Linden: thank you SO much Opensource, yes!!!
[13:10] Now Animation -> sofa-female-04-L4
[13:10] Trilly Sands: :D
[13:10] Opensource Obscure: (( kate dice ci sono una decina di regioni analoghe a questa che possiamo visitare ))
[13:10] Giuseppe Wisent: Grazie Open :)
[13:10] Now Animation -> sofa-female-03-L4
[13:10] Kate Linden: The graphics were brought in world and are on the wiki offering two methods of use. Inworld collaboration and viewing /download for your inworld areas.
[13:10] Flenser Juergens: Looks good - I'll spend a lot of time here over next day. Have a project ofr April 26th that I'm working on. Just hope I can get in touch with Ellena before then.
[13:11] Opensource Obscure: (( i tabelloni sono presenti anche sul sito - credo sul wiki - averli anche in SL e' utile per consultarli assieme ad altre persone ))
[13:11] Kate Linden: The topics selected in the graphics were those that were asked the most about in Second Life answers or through support questions.
[13:11] Dawny Daviau: wb
[13:11] Opensource Obscure: (( gli argomenti trattati sono quelli su cui facciamo domande piu' spesso ; ))
[13:12] Dixit Writer: hi
[13:12] Giuseppe Wisent: hi :)
[13:12] Dixit Writer: ciao peste
[13:12] Kate Linden: If there is other content you would like added to the regions, you can let Doc Team know or add a similarly styled graphic to the wiki.
[13:12] Peste Razor: Ciao Dixit!
[13:12] Dixit Writer: ciao mez ;) ora tiv edo
[13:13] Now Animation -> sofa-unisex-09-L4
[13:13] Opensource Obscure: we ask for italian translation !
[13:13] Opensource Obscure: :D
[13:13] Giuseppe Wisent: :)
[13:13] AliceDiMax Taurog: :)
[13:13] Opensource Obscure: i mean .. of the graphics
[13:13] Youri Ashton: open, there is already a CT team for that :)
[13:13] Opensource Obscure: (( kate dice che se abbiamo domande su altri argomenti possiamo chiedere che vengano trattati ))
[13:13] Peste Razor: italian humor XD
[13:14] Torley Linden: yeah i'm glad Opensource advocates for Italian and Linux :D
[13:14] LaDameRougeDAn Pearl: dolcetti?
[13:14] LaDameRougeDAn Pearl: ;P
[13:14] Opensource Obscure: ^^
[13:14] Domitilla Sass: hehehehehehheheh
[13:14] Youri Ashton: lets talk english, then everyone can understand :p
[13:14] Torley Linden: thanks Kate for the backstory! going forward we'll continue to address hot stuff as it comes up
[13:14] Peste Razor: Mac OS X rulez U.U
[13:14] Youri Ashton: else ill start talking dutch :p
[13:15] Giuseppe Wisent: Tanti utenti Italiani si chiedono se il viewer vecchio di SL andrà in pensione,dato che a tutti non piace il nuovo Viewer,Open potresti tradutte pls?:)
[13:15] Opensource Obscure: (( su dai non parliamo italiano in chat pubblica :D ))
[13:15] Torley Linden: lots of Residents are still getting used to the move to Viewer 2... like any major migration, it takes time and patience (with others, with yourself)
[13:15] Opensource Obscure: i'll translate for Giuseppe.
[13:15] Giuseppe Wisent: ty Open :)
[13:15] Opensource Obscure: many (italian) users wonder if the old UI viewer is going to 'die'
[13:15] Youri Ashton: i can hardly get in 2.0 without having problems or it refusing connection
[13:15] Chaley May: theres no getting used to it past a point :)
[13:15] Opensource Obscure: ...and i can the answer is Yes :
[13:16] pallina60 Loon: mmmm not all italian :-P
[13:16] Domitilla Sass: mhmmmm,,,,,
[13:16] Opensource Obscure: i mean - LL won't support the old UI anymore in its viewer. correct?
[13:17] AlexisLightus Luik: questions: will the xml "hacks" still work like the one that stops the sidebar from squishing the world view? thats one thing alot of people i see complain about alot it jars ther view
[13:17] Youri Ashton: 1.23 will still be usable
[13:17] Torley Linden: Opensource, eventually -- just like with previous Viewers. we'll allow some time for this to happen. it hasn't been decided exactly yet.
[13:17] Kate Linden: For those of you who have been to these regions before this office hour, I'd love your feedback. I've read the blog comments and would like further feedback on the regions themselves w/graphic content. Are they helpful to you?
[13:17] Youri Ashton: or for the time being that is
[13:17] Peste Razor: The thing I dislike most concerning viewer 2.0 is the lack of possibility to see friends permissions like the visibility on the map and their objects permissions...
[13:17] Torley Linden: AlexisLightus, to my knowledge, if you're referring to the Viewer 2 Tweaks page, that'll continue to be updated by various helpful Residents if underlying stuff does change
[13:18] Cisop Sixpence: /me likes the graphic content. Very helpful.
[13:18] Torley Linden: Peste, i'm glad you brought that up because i'm very used to batch-setting permissions, too.
[13:18] Opensource Obscure: (( torley dice che non e' stato ancora deciso tutto, e che in ogni caso ci sara' un periodo di transizione - ma credo intenda che prima o poi. .basta. ))
[13:18] Giuseppe Wisent: ok Grazie mille Open :)
[13:18] Youri Ashton: i prefer the old viewer, may look less advanced, but works a lot better if you ask me
[13:18] Domitilla Sass: capperi
[13:18] Torley Linden: a lot of the hot issues have been forwarded to our product team gurus so they can have a look at what needs to be put back in. for example, Inspect Objects was.
[13:18] Giuseppe Wisent: Ty Torley :)
[13:18] Domitilla Sass: me tooo
[13:18] Domitilla Sass: yory
[13:19] Cisop Sixpence: Would be nice if Side bar was done like Kirstin Viewer.
[13:19] Kate Linden: I'd like your feedback about the viewer itself. First I would love feedback on Viewer2Tips :)
[13:19] Opensource Obscure: (( Peste sottolinea il problema di come gestire i permessi per gli amici nel nuovo viewer . torley dice vero! e molti problemi sono all'esame ))
[13:19] Torley Linden: that reminds me i still have to try out Kirstens S20 (i told her this the other day)
[13:19] Youri Ashton: open, could you please speak in English :)
[13:19] Dawny Daviau: :)
[13:19] KirstenLee Cinquetti: i have a snap shot of the UI for ya torley
[13:19] Torley Linden: i was using an earlier Kirsten viewer because of the post-processing effects (and other reasons)
[13:19] Torley Linden: please show!
[13:19] Torley Linden: in some cases the omissions weren't deliberate but design oversights. i agree that having to open a second Inventory window to do some inventory transfers is pretty nutty
[13:19] AlexisLightus Luik: a few buttons are missing like in the old one i prefered like the build and the map buttons and such
[13:19] Cisop Sixpence: Kirstens S20 is great, but it crashs from time to time. But great lay out.
[13:20] AlexisLightus Luik: hey does that viewr Run ok on linux?..
[13:20] KirstenLee Cinquetti: to the people using XML tweaks be careful some need hardcode changes .. so make backups!
[13:20] Torley Linden: ahhh unlocked sidebar, intriguing... that makes me even more curious
[13:20] Torley Linden: yes, please always, ALWAYS make backups. to go forward, you must backup. ;)
[13:20] Domitilla Sass: le finestre degli im sono ongetibili
[13:20] Chaley May: so why are we in this place and then spend most time talking about viewer 2 UI?
[13:20] Domitilla Sass: ingestibili
[13:20] LaDameRougeDAn Pearl: aurevoir a tous ;)
[13:21] Opensource Obscure: (( torley dice di aver usato il viewer Kirstens. dice anche che alcuni dei problemi attuali del viewer 2 sono sviste che verranno corrette e non cose definitive conseguenti a una scelta ==
[13:21] DJ Earnshaw: I am trying to work in 2.0 long enough to capture graphics for my classes, even though I can't develop here yet, but is there any way to avoid being treated as a new user when I switch back and forth between 1.23 and 2.0?
[13:21] Nathan Adored: have the fixed the issue of only being able to have one profile pane open at a time?
[13:21] Giuseppe Wisent: Ciao ladame :)
[13:21] Torley Linden: DJ, please explain "treated as a new user" further?
[13:21] Torley Linden: also, if your computer is powerful enough, you can actually run both viewers at the same time. are you familiar with how to do that?
[13:22] Youri Ashton: ugh, no wonder i was lagging like hell.... darned default options....
[13:22] Cisop Sixpence: Would be nice to see the Notes & Privacy I had for my own avatar.
[13:22] Domitilla Sass: yes _multiple
[13:22] DJ Earnshaw: preferences set back to initial values, being told purpose of ech fnction when i use it
[13:22] Torley Linden: ahhh hm, on my system they each have their own settings file... and you have both 1.23.5 and the newest 2.0.0 (203233) installed?
[13:22] Opensource Obscure: (( torley ricorda che si possono far andare due programmi di SL in contemporanea -con 2 account diversi- e Domitilla ricorda che l'opzione da usare e' -multiple ))
[13:23] Torley Linden: Cisop, yeah, that one gets brought up every now and then. no idea what happened to that. :
[13:23] Torley Linden: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Running_Multiple_Viewers
[13:23] Opensource Obscure: (( possiamo parlare di questa e altre opzioni in uno dei prossimi incontri - fatemi sapere in IM se vi interessa ))
[13:23] Giuseppe Wisent: :)
[13:23] Giuseppe Wisent: si,ci interessa
[13:23] Trilly Sands: hi Ethy ^^
[13:23] Youri Ashton: yes torley, I got both installed. 1.23 shows no problems though
[13:23] Ethel Holmer: buonasera scusate :)
[13:24] Youri Ashton: seperate folders for both as well
[13:24] Peste Razor: I think a tutorial for Macs should be useful to many people too ;)
[13:24] Torley Linden: interesting, in my case 1.23 is using "settings.xml" and 2.0 is using "settings_betaviewer.xml"
[13:24] Torley Linden: Peste, what specifically about macs?
[13:24] AlexisLightus Luik: i like the fact on linux [ ubuntu 9.10 ] that i get better FPS than previous viewers
[13:24] Youri Ashton: hmm... interesting info torley
[13:24] Peste Razor: about running multiple viewers at the same time
[13:24] Red Darrest: hi
[13:25] Flenser Juergens: I set all my viewers to use the same cache area.
[13:25] Peste Razor: HI Red
[13:25] Youri Ashton: hi red
[13:25] Giuseppe Wisent: Open potresti chiedere se il nuovo Viewer 2 potrebbe causare perdire all'Inventario? o creare qualche problema simile?:)
[13:25] Giuseppe Wisent: Grazie
[13:25] Red Darrest: problemi oltre a essere bruttissimo e inusabile?
[13:25] Domitilla Sass: hauahuaahuahaua
[13:25] Red Darrest: cambia anche la disposizione degli hud quando apri i pannelli laterali
[13:25] KirstenLee Cinquetti: don't set a 2.0 client and a 1.23 client to use same caches, the asset/cahce versions are different could cause preoblems
[13:25] Opensource Obscure: (( le domande in italiano a me IN IM ))
[13:26] KirstenLee Cinquetti: *problems rather
[13:26] Peste Razor: The issue about floating text-based huds is being investigated by lindens I guess
[13:26] Peste Razor: there is a JIRA about that
[13:26] Flenser Juergens: I don't use SL viewer anymore. Not seen troubles with Emerald and viewer 2 sharing the same area.
[13:26] Youri Ashton: only have 1 cache kirsten, it isnt possible to have multiple
[13:27] Domitilla Sass: so???
[13:27] Now Animation -> sofa-unisex-02-L4
[13:27] Youri Ashton: using 1.23 and switching to 2.0 does clear your cache for some reason. Also counts other way around
[13:28] Youri Ashton: multiple LL viewers on at the same PC and time also causes problems, doesnt matter what version you use
[13:28] Torley Linden: oh Peste, the Mac instructions are covered on that same page i linked for Macs.
[13:29] Youri Ashton: lag for example increases big time if you use 2 or more, while this should be no problem
[13:29] Torley Linden: specifically http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Running_Multiple_Viewers #Mac_OS_X :)
[13:29] Youri Ashton: command line: -multiple
[13:29] Youri Ashton: :)
[13:29] Youri Ashton: for windos that is
[13:30] Opensource Obscure: giuseppe askes about changes to the outfit when relogging with a different viewer
[13:30] Opensource Obscure: a Viewer2 known bug, IIRC
[13:30] Torley Linden: i've seen that too, Opensource.
[13:30] Opensource Obscure: i'm getting that sometimes as well
[13:30] Domitilla Sass: ehhehehehehehe yes yes i was so bad
[13:30] Giuseppe Wisent: :)
[13:30] Opensource Obscure: ok - we'll search in JIRA
[13:31] Memorial Dae: Hey Youri!
[13:31] DJ Earnshaw: not sure my laptop is powerful enough to run both at same time, since both tell me it does not meet their specs, but i think my problem is that both are usig the same cache
[13:31] Youri Ashton: hello memorial!
[13:31] Domitilla Sass: me not
[13:31] Torley Linden: i think it's because of how Viewer 2 gives precedence to the new Outfits system so if you're wearing one of those linked outfits in Viewer 2, it isn't found when you switch back to Viewer 1.23 -- or something, i forget exactly how it behaves
[13:31] KirstenLee Cinquetti: think the problem lies in the fact that traditional asset types are now folder types
[13:32] KirstenLee Cinquetti: and there are more foldertypes :)
[13:32] Opensource Obscure: )) an anonymous italian friend would THANK TORLEY for the panda-laughing-video ((
[13:32] Opensource Obscure: ^____^
[13:32] KirstenLee Cinquetti: so if something goes into an outfit folder type the old viewer has no clue how to deal with it
[13:32] Giuseppe Wisent: :)
[13:32] Torley Linden: hahaha Opensource, i had so much fun with that... i never expected to see that on the Internet ;D
[13:32] Nathan Adored:
[13:32] Torley Linden: what KirstenLee said so succinctly!
[13:32] AliceDiMax Taurog: :)
[13:32] Moki Yuitza: :D
[13:32] pallina60 Loon: ty Torley ^_______^
[13:32] Red Darrest: where is it?
[13:33] Giuseppe Wisent: ty Torley :D
[13:33] Torley Linden: Nathan, BTW if you didn't hear yet, the Ageplay policy was clarified -- the problem was unnecessary bullet points
[13:33] Nathan Adored: yeah, so I heard
[13:33] Torley Linden: ( http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Clarification_of_policy_disallowing_ageplay )
[13:33] Torley Linden: i tweeted Marianne about it too because she had been asking for it
[13:33] Domitilla Sass: I have find again me so ugly
[13:33] Nathan Adored: yeah, and she tweeted about it, too
[13:34] Torley Linden: coooool
[13:34] Opensource Obscure: (( kirstens spiega che il problema dei vestiti e' dovuto alfatto che il nuovo Viewer ordina i vestiti usando il nuovo sistema per gli outfit ))
[13:34] Giuseppe Wisent: ah ok :)
[13:34] Marsha Warwillow: I'm curious if there are any plans to put Search in a more prominent area such as one of the tabs
[13:34] Opensource Obscure: (( e' una funzionalita' in piu' che pero' il viewer vecchio non sa gestire ))
[13:34] Torley Linden: Torley laughs at pandas but this is NSFW (NOT SAFE FOR WORK), so i warn you in advance: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UCWOe4qLj_s
[13:34] AlexisLightus Luik: o.o
[13:34] Opensource Obscure: (( marsha chiede se pensano di dare piu' rilevanza al Cerca ))
[13:35] Torley Linden: Marsha, what's your current problem finding Search? do you think the bar in the upper-right isn't visible enough?
[13:35] Opensource Obscure: i would like many optional buttons in the bottom bar - marsha , you mean there ?
[13:35] Youri Ashton: lol, well atleast your having fun with it torley! ;)
[13:35] Torley Linden: also, if you type in something in the big long location name and it isn't a pre-existing region or a landmark, it opens Search.
[13:35] Opensource Obscure: kirstens' viewer does a great job with that
[13:35] Torley Linden: er, big long location bar, i meant.
[13:36] Chaley May: whats he doing to kungfu panda? :((
[13:36] Dawny Daviau: /me laughs!!!
[13:36] Dawny Daviau: lol
[13:36] AlexisLightus Luik: lol
[13:36] Torley Linden: you'll never see Po the same way again :|
[13:36] Giuseppe Wisent: :)
[13:36] Marsha Warwillow: Correct, I did not find it intuitive. I think a newbie would investigate the tabbed areas before looking up.
[13:37] Torley Linden: ah, interesting -- yeah Marsha, on top of that i know the Search menu item was moved into Advanced... will be interesting to see what our data so far is bringing up (which doesn't tell us everything, but may point to where stuff should be more obvious)
[13:37] Marsha Warwillow: Ok thank you :)
[13:37] Torley Linden: e.g., if we find the overall volume of searches is going down yet more user hours are spent inworld, something may be up.
[13:38] Dawny Daviau: hi Jeremy
[13:38] Marsha Warwillow: Well, Places is on a Tab
[13:38] Jeremy Linden: Hullo!
[13:38] Peste Razor: Hello Jeremy
[13:38] Youri Ashton: hey jeremy!
[13:38] AlexisLightus Luik: hi!
[13:38] Peste Razor: ;)
[13:38] Torley Linden: JEREMYYYYYY
[13:38] Marsha Warwillow: So, a search box could be pur there
[13:38] Marsha Warwillow: put*
[13:38] Nathan Adored: hello Jeremy
[13:38] AliceDiMax Taurog: Hello Jeremy
[13:38] Domitilla Sass: c'è posta per me??
[13:38] Youri Ashton: now the only one missing is our jello friend!
[13:39] Giuseppe Wisent: Hello Jeremy :)
[13:39] Opensource Obscure: (( torley dice qualcosa sul search che purtroppo non ho capito. a proposito se siete stufi ci spostiamo a vedere l'isola. fatemelo sapere IN IM ))
[13:39] Torley Linden: Marsha, we can highlight different content in the Home tab... so we could put an extra emphasis on Search
[13:39] KirstenLee Cinquetti: searching for specifics is probably a little deeper now as you have the checks for maturity and different sections for shopping, art etc
[13:39] Torley Linden: also, we try to pre-populate that with things people would want to Search for anyway but need more help...
[13:39] Torley Linden: like if someone wants to find cool places, that's exactly why DESTINATION GUIDE is at the top right now
[13:40] Peste Razor: ((Torley dice che se la quantità di ricerche dovessi diminuire e le ore passate dagli utenti inworld aumentare, ci dovrebbero essere problemi)
[13:40] Marsha Warwillow: I agree The Guide is nice, but should not supplant Search ;) (respectfuly)
[13:40] Torley Linden: yeah, they're complementary...
[13:40] Marsha Warwillow: I appreciate your listening, thank you
[13:40] Torley Linden: you're welcome!
[13:41] Opensource Obscure: /me waves and tries to move away the italian flash-mob
[13:41] Torley Linden: which is also why when the FIND window is open (as a result of search), the three main tabs at the top of that are Search / Destination Guide/ Classifieds
[13:41] Opensource Obscure: ok .. andiamo - seguitemi
[13:41] Chaley May: i think there is a tiny chance that people will click Destinations before they would click world map
[13:41] Torley Linden: hehe flashmob is a hilarious term
[13:41] Peste Razor: /me pretends to be english
[13:41] Trilly Sands: bye :)
[13:41] Opensource Obscure: bye everybody - ITALIANI di qui
[13:41] Domitilla Sass: pardon
[13:41] Peste Razor: *looks away and sings slightly*
[13:41] pallina60 Loon: bye to all and ty
[13:41] Torley Linden: we've generally found the WORLD MAP is useful if you already know what you're doing. it leads to a lot of first-time paralysis though of "HOLY MOLY SO MANY PLACES..." without any further context
[13:42] Torley Linden: take care and thanks for helping, Opensource!
[13:42] AliceDiMax Taurog: bye :)) tyvm :))
[13:42] Marsha Warwillow: That's true Torley but for me it has been preventative from using 2.0, since I am an explorer lol
[13:42] Chaley May: yes but when people look they will be attracted to the map anyway and they will open it and click a place
[13:42] Cisop Sixpence: Noticed that on mini map I can't right click on the dot and bring up that persons profile. Is this a bug or a feature. If a feature, I'm not liking it.
[13:42] Torley Linden: same here Marsha... did you also know you can type a region name in the location bar and you'll directly teleport there? :)
[13:43] Marsha Warwillow: No, I usually search by keyword usually, when I am curious about something
[13:43] Chaley May: destinations shouldve been built into the world map
[13:43] Jeremy Linden: Cisop, I noticed that change too. I haven't heard either way.
[13:43] Torley Linden: yeah i agree there could be greater integration between some things, World Map is mostly unchanged. so's Inventory (aside from being inside the sidebar).
[13:43] Torley Linden: these aspects haven't been forgotten... so look towards 2.1... 2.2... the future!
[13:44] Oliver Szondi: Hi ;D
[13:44] Nathan Adored: when is 2.1 due out? any idea?
[13:44] Dawny Daviau: nice fly Oli :)
[13:44] Oliver Szondi: awe hehe ty Dawny
[13:44] Torley Linden: no announced date yet, Nathan :)
[13:44] Peste Razor: 2.1 --> 2.2 --> 2.3 --> 2.31 --> 3.0!!
[13:44] Chaley May: people will look at the world map first for another reason.. they like to figure out where they are and see whats around them before theyw ill want to move on with the destination guide
[13:44] Bronson Blackadder: sloooooooow rez
[13:44] Kate Linden: Hi Jeremy :)
[13:44] Jeremy Linden: Heya Kate.
[13:45] Peste Razor: Havok 4 --> Havok 7
[13:45] Oliver Szondi: Hi Kate, Hi Torley, Hi Jeremy :D
[13:45] Giuseppe Wisent: Thanks for the explanation Torley, I greet you all at the next,bye :)
[13:45] Torley Linden: that's fairly atypical behavior, Chaley... some people (like you and me, probably) are curious enough to do that. most aren't.
[13:45] Kate Linden: Hello Oliver :)
[13:45] Oliver Szondi: Hi John (if the jelly is here)
[13:45] Nathan Adored: Bronson: Yeah, tell me about it. The floor finally rezzed for me more than a hoalf hour after I got here! :D
[13:45] Torley Linden: when the world was like, 16 regions, that was a different story.
[13:45] DJ Earnshaw: the problem is keeping people here and not going to opensim or blue mars or ......
[13:45] Youri Ashton: no jelly here
[13:45] Torley Linden: (please feel free to send friendships to my alt, Torley Olmstead... thank you!)
[13:45] Oliver Szondi: awe :(
[13:45] Giuseppe Wisent: ok np :)
[13:45] Peste Razor: thanks torley
[13:45] Torley Linden: nice balanced flying, Oliver :)
[13:45] Giuseppe Wisent: ty
[13:45] Giuseppe Wisent: :)
[13:45] Peste Razor: I think I already have it
[13:46] Oliver Szondi: haha Thanks!
[13:46] Bronson Blackadder: holy god theres alot of people here
[13:46] Marsha Warwillow: I do like very much the looks of the new viewer so look forward to seeing the next version
[13:46] Oliver Szondi: ill just hover :D
[13:46] Youri Ashton: lol, i do not wish to send random friend invites torley. i rather get invited :)
[13:46] Torley Linden: yeah, it's been so long such a big change like this...
[13:47] Bronson Blackadder: your heads badass
[13:47] Torley Linden: bass-ass? ;)
[13:47] Torley Linden: hahaha
[13:47] AlexisLightus Luik: XD
[13:47] Bronson Blackadder: lol
[13:47] Memorial Dae: I thought it to be rather melon like! :)
[13:48] Jeremy Linden: Torley's melon is a bass?
[13:48] Youri Ashton: bad fiah rather bron :p
[13:48] Youri Ashton: fish*
[13:48] Yoshimitsu Kutenai: hola
[13:48] Bronson Blackadder: Im a cat today for a change
[13:48] Torley Linden: meowwwww
[13:48] Bronson Blackadder: and his head is looking mighty tasty
[13:48] Youri Ashton: lol
[13:48] Torley Linden: it had better, it's trophy bass
[13:48] Cisop Sixpence: Purrrfect
[13:48] Bronson Blackadder: lol
[13:49] Torley Linden: it's hilarious now, every meeting i go to, i get to tell the story of how i became this way
[13:49] Nathan Adored: Well, Torley IS a.... uh..... big fish! :D :D
[13:49] Bronson Blackadder: you have fishing on your mind
[13:49] Oliver Szondi: hehe torley, the one small question do you think the minimap will be coming back?
[13:49] Oliver Szondi: :D
[13:49] Flenser Juergens: /me wishes he had the Fish Head song as a gesture
[13:49] Nathan Adored: LOL
[13:49] Bronson Blackadder: the mini map is here
[13:49] Torley Linden: my gosh i remember hearing that over and over, Flenser
[13:49] Oliver Szondi: Oooh, ive been trying to find it hehe
[13:49] Bronson Blackadder: ctrl shit M
[13:50] Bronson Blackadder: shift
[13:50] Torley Linden: i'm also reminded of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Mouth_Billy_Bass  :)
[13:50] Nathan Adored: People poop Ms? :D
[13:50] Bronson Blackadder: damn typos
[13:50] Torley Linden: hahahahaahah
[13:50] Nathan Adored: /me loves having fun with typos.
[13:50] Torley Linden: i'm glad that key doesn't do that
[13:50] Torley Linden: :O
[13:50] Cisop Sixpence: Can't bring up profiles via the mini map. Would like that feature to return.
[13:50] Youri Ashton: Friendly Greetings!
[13:50] Youri Ashton: Welcome to Second Life! If you have any questions feel free to ask! :)
[13:50] Bronson Blackadder: some people make that noise though
[13:50] Bronson Blackadder: mmmmmmmmmmm
[13:50] Chaley May: when we going to talk about this place then?
[13:50] AlexisLightus Luik: :D
[13:51] Torley Linden: yeah Cisop, it makes sense especially if someone's a yellow dot and your friend
[13:51] Bronson Blackadder: scuse me I hafta M
[13:51] Cisop Sixpence: Yep
[13:51] Nathan Adored: /me LOLs at Bronson
[13:51] Torley Linden: Chaley, do you got a specific thang you're wondering about? :D
[13:51] Torley Linden: after we're done here feel free to look around and send us suggestions... our next office hour will be back at the familiar Doc Dock in Beaumont
[13:51] Chaley May: not really but i thought you guys might have more about this place
[13:52] Torley Linden: oh, and another thing in Viewer 2... try right-clicking just about everywhere, inworld, in various windows...
[13:52] KirstenLee Cinquetti: yeah thats teh awesome
[13:52] AlexisLightus Luik: one thing i will say about v2.. i miss my pie menus
[13:52] Flenser Juergens: One question - it's probably in the wiki somewhere - Would there be any problems with mapping a media image into a hollowed out megaprim?
[13:52] Torley Linden: e.g., if you right-click an URL in NEARBY CHAT, you'll see the choice to open it in the built-in browser or your external browser, which may be more direct for ya
[13:52] Chaley May: how long will this palce be around for?
[13:52] Torley Linden: Flenser, i haven't tried that yet... did you havbe particular problems in mind?
[13:52] Kate Linden: Chaley, I did talk about this region at the beginning of our office hour. I'm happy to answer any questions you have :)
[13:52] Bronson Blackadder: right clicking the sky doesnt work
[13:53] Lyn Raynier: Thanks for yout time Torley, but I still think this whole sidebar thing is just too cumbersome
[13:53] Torley Linden: Bronson, okay, not literally 100% EVERYTHING works, but most... ha ha...
[13:53] Flenser Juergens: Haven't tried it yet. Was going to use some panarama pictures.
[13:53] Cisop Sixpence: /me thinks side bar should be moved to the bottom like in Kirstens S20
[13:53] Torley Linden: Flenser, ahh... that'd be cool to see! yeah, there shouldn't be any problems that aren't already documented with megaprim use... (but that's independent of Shared Media)
[13:54] Lyn Raynier: well, all other sidebar creators in other software have given up using it
[13:54] Oliver Szondi: Torley do you think HTML5 will be intergrated into shared media?
[13:54] AlexisLightus Luik: ive herd tell there bringing megaprim creations back sometime in the furture..
[13:54] Torley Linden: Oliver, beyond my range of being sure but that's dependent on Webkit, eh? (Shared Media is dependent on Webkit...)
[13:54] DJ Earnshaw: was interrupted by RL phone call, was there an answer to my problem of switching back and forth 1.23<-->2.0 and being considered a new user the first time in either browser?
[13:54] Oliver Szondi: =D
[13:54] Chaley May: Will this place be taken down after a year since there will be no old viewer to compare against?
[13:54] Torley Linden: DJ, i'd start by seeing if they use the same settings file.
[13:55] Youri Ashton: Oliver: I think it still won't, however it will support media more then the previous versions
[13:55] Nathan Adored: Any idea how far into the future megaprims might be back. and if there'll be a limit on where you canb make them?
[13:55] Torley Linden: as in, http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User_settings
[13:55] Torley Linden: no word on megaprims. they continue to exist in a "gray area"; neither supported or totally evil. XD
[13:55] Chaley May: we need support for megaprims
[13:56] Kate Linden: Chaley, I'd like to think that these regions will evolve along with each release. If the regions are used and beneficial, that helps :) Let us know what you'd like to see here in the future :)
[13:56] Torley Linden: you may want to ask Andrew Linden if there's anything new re: megaprims, i don't know if any variables change because of Havok 7... but he'd be the man...
[13:56] Youri Ashton: Nathan: Mega prims are not official prims, there for LL is rather carefull with answering such questions. some wish to see mega prims gone and others wish to see them stay. it is not a simple in or out question
[13:56] Bronson Blackadder: looking foreward to 1.40 so I can kick those mega prim sheres off my land
[13:56] Bronson Blackadder: spheres even
[13:57] Dawny Daviau: .·°*☺ "Time to Crawl into my Nice, Big, Soft Bed..."☺°*·
[13:57] Torley Linden: there are some things in Second Life which are "cool" or "beneficial" but we haven't had the time & energy to commit to them as a priority above other projects. megaprim support is dependent on a LOT of other stuff, including parcel encroachment tools...
[13:57] Dawny Daviau: /me says Bye Bye !
[13:57] AlexisLightus Luik: it would be nice to use them for building to create your own even if there over the 10 Meter limit it clamps the phyical use
[13:57] Torley Linden: so those all need to be bundled into a well-thought-out project
[13:57] AlexisLightus Luik: like in opensim's
[13:57] DJ Earnshaw: how can I tell? is it same as where to save chat and IMs i set them different but the resetting in switch changes that too
[13:57] Script trying to stop animations but agent not found
[13:57] Torley Linden: it certainly can't be a rash decision because remember, their initial use was never approved by Linden Lab... so it's always been "at your own risk"
[13:57] Nathan Adored: One proposal I'd seen suggested was to allow private sims to opt into allowing ppl to make megaprims on them, or to not allow them to be made there (but still allow them to be rezzed as-is like now)
[13:57] Bronson Blackadder: yep better not go into mgaprims half baked
[13:58] Memorial Dae: /me smirks
[13:58] Bronson Blackadder: completely baked though.....
[13:58] Bronson Blackadder: not a good idea
[13:58] Youri Ashton: the size is already been discussed often during Nyx Linden's Oh, but currently we still have no succes in getting him to work on that
[13:58] Torley Linden: DJ, one way is to see if you have "settings_betaviewer.xml" and if you start Viewer 2 and change some settings, if that file gets modified
[13:58] Chaley May: with megaprims people can build their content more efficiently
[13:58] Nathan Adored: yup
[13:58] Torley Linden: there is also a way you can force a Viewer to use a custom-named settings file
[13:59] Nathan Adored: I had a skybox once that was 7 prims.... and it was nothing but megaprims.
[13:59] Torley Linden: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Client_parameters
[13:59] Cisop Sixpence: Time for me to go
[13:59] Cisop Sixpence: Bye all
[13:59] Bronson Blackadder: yeah megaprims if used correctly can be a time saver
[13:59] DJ Earnshaw: ok wat isthat
[13:59] Bronson Blackadder: and a prim saver
[13:59] Cisop Sixpence: /me waves
[13:59] Torley Linden: take care Cisop! thanks for being with us!
[13:59] Youri Ashton: time for the next OH, thanks for having me Lindens!
[13:59] Youri Ashton: bye bye all!
[13:59] Torley Linden: have a good one Youri!
[13:59] Nathan Adored: /me waves.
[13:59] Peste Razor: bye!
[13:59] DJ Earnshaw: thanks
[14:00] Marsha Warwillow: I need to go too. Thank you Torley and Kate for your time. Kate I like the regions and graphics you made it's a helpful guide.
[14:00] Kate Linden: I think a few of you were at my office hour - RSES (Resident Support Education Series) where we tested mega prim and the affect on the client
[14:00] Nathan Adored: So, will we be back to the old OH location next week?
[14:00] Torley Linden: yes Nathan
[14:00] KirstenLee Cinquetti: goodnight everyone and thanks again torley help pages now works for me ;)
[14:00] Nathan Adored: kewl
[14:00] Torley Linden: there are some things which seem simple at first glance and someone asks, "Why hasn't LL done it yet?" well, look back through history and there are a lot of (alas) necessary complexities that need to be worked through
[14:00] Torley Linden: ohhh yeahhh cool, KirstenLee, thanks and i look forward to trying yer viewer soon
[14:01] Kate Linden: Thanks for joining us here in Viewer2Tips 1 today.
[14:01] Flenser Juergens: Ok, i have to go and get to work on things.
[14:01] Torley Linden: yes! thanks each and all for hanging out with us!
[14:01] Kate Linden: I hope you are all able to make good use of these regions and graphics available to you.
[14:01] Kate Linden: Be sure to take a set before you leave :)
[14:01] Torley Linden: i'll clean up the chairs later, i should save their positioning in case we ever need 'em back... ^ what Kate said!
[14:01] Torley Linden: feel free to have a look around
[14:02] Bronson Blackadder: thanks torley :)
[14:02] Chaley May: i will see if there is anything i dont allready know :)
[14:02] Memorial Dae: Thanks Torley!
[14:02] Chaley May: bye everyone
[14:02] Torley Linden: bye bye for now! have an awesome and creative Second Life!

Generated with SLog Wikifier

Personal tools