Functional Spec Template
The Functional Spec explains how a user interacts with a feature, and what results they can expect from the feature. Ideally, the UI will indicate what the user can expect to happen next. Use screenshots when appropriate.
What does this feature do?
How does the user use/activate this feature?
Will this feature affect:
- Client FPS?
- Simulator FPS?
- Asset server?
- Network load?
- Any other system?
- Will this feature be unavailable on certain hardware?
- Is this feature consistent (similar look & feel) with other features?
- Is this feature well integrated (accessible when you need it, and in the place(s) you expect to find it)?
- Is this feature discoverable (newbie friendly)?
- Is this feature Safe, Predictable, and Responsive?
- Features that this feature will affect
- Features that affect this feature
- Does this feature give access to something it should not?
The rules of the feature, organized in order of precedence. (eg. Rule 1 supersedes Rule 2, which supersedes Rule 3)
When appropriate, the feature will be laid out in chronological order, or in the order they are most likely to be used. (eg. Create a group, then add members, then deed land, ... kick members, leave group)