IM to Email Test
From Second Life Wiki
IM to E-mail testscript
UserA, UserB, and UserC must have valid e-mail addresses and have Send IM to E-mail enabled.
In order to reduce the number of email sent, IM to Email tries to wait and send several IMs in one email. You may need to wait up to 45 seconds for your email to arrive. IM will be sent to email after 45 seconds unless another message comes in which resets the timer. The IM will be sent immediately if the message body reaches about 4k.
There is an expiration period for replying to an IM to email. (2 or 3 days?) If you reply to the email after this expiration period the email should bounce back to you.
Person to Person IM
1) UserA, log into SL and IM 5 cheery greetings to UserB who is offline.
2) UserB, check your e-mail and verify you received the IM messages in your e-mail.
3) UserB, reply to the e-mails with in the following way:
A) an appropriately cheery message
B) by sending a message with no text
C) by typing a long (>1000 chars) message
D) by typing some text before and after the sender's quoted message
E) attach an image
F) reply to the 1st e-mail again with another appropriately cheery message
4) UserA, verify you get expected results:
A) a cheery message
B) an IM with no text
C) you receive no message, instead, UserB should get an "Undelivered Mail Returned to Owner" from postfix stating that the message is too large
D) the text UserB typed before and after the sender's quoted message, but not the quoted text itself
E) the e-mail with the attached image should "bounce" back to the sender's e-mail account
F) a cheery message
1) Make a group with UserA as officer and UserB as member
2) UserA, IM the group while UserB is offline. Verify You get the "you are the only online participant in this conversation" message.
3) UserB, verify you Do Not get an email for this message
4) UserB, log in, IM the group, then log out
5) UserA (who still has the group IM session open), IM the group again
6) UserB, verify you Do Not get an email for this message
7) UserA, create a new proposal to boot UserB from the group the group
8) UserB, verify you get an IM -> e-mail from UserA. Reply to the email with a dire threat
9) UserA, verify you get an e-mail -> IM from UserB
10) UserA, eject UserB from the group
11) UserB, verify you get an IM -> e-mail from UserA. Reply to the email with sincere disdain for UserA and their little group.
12) UserA, verify you get an e-mail -> IM from UserB
1) UserA, make a folder and copy into it the calling cards for UserB and UserC
2) UserB and UserC should be logged out.
3) UserA, right click the folder and "Instant Message All Users"
4) UserB, reply to UserA's message from your e-mail (this reply goes to the sender only, not to all in the conference)
5) UserA, verify you receive the message as an IM
6) UserC, verify you received an IM -> e-mail from UserA, but not from UserB.
Sender logs out
1) UserA, log into SL and IM a taunt to UserB who is offline
2) UserA, log out of SL
3) UserB, reply to UserA's message from your e-mail
4) UserA, reply to UserB's message from your e-mail
5) UserB, log in and reply to UserA taunt
6) UserA, verify you received UserB's latest message in your e-mail
Simple filtering to maintain resident privacy
1) UserA, turn on IM to email preference.
2) UserA, set your email address to your Gmail account. Log off.
3) UserB, IM UserA
4) UserA, open the email, hit reply(don't clear any text from the reply field), type a message, and send.
5) UserB, verify that UserA's email address does not appear in the recieved IM.
6) Repeat steps 1 thru 5 using a Yahoo and Hotmail account.