Open Source Meeting/2010-04-08

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda Thursday, 08 April 2010

  1. Weekly Snowglobe update - Merov Linden
    1. 1.4 trunk: trying to build leads to errors (SNOW-600, fmod missing, fixed) which lead to new errors (bundle missing!) which pushes Merov to reexport the internal 1.23 branch... which fails building!... Aaargh... Merov working on this
    2. 2.0 trunk: merge and sync done by Merov. 2 categories of build problems:
      1. Automated build: still fails for various reasons (different on all platforms)
      2. Standalone builds: see thread by DZonatas, Nyx and others on various issues
    3. Branding script: Merov working on it though making build works everywhere is prio 1
    4. Build in general: We need to update the relevant wiki page(s) for 1.x and 2.x.
  2. TPV: Joe will held an IW meeting Tuesday, 4/13 at noon PDT: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Linden%20Estate%20Services/229/230/29
  3. New IW meeting: need to put that on the calendar for real. Merov to act on this.


Transcript

[14:00] Merov Linden: Hi all
[14:00] Phantom Ninetails: Shared media is a viewer 2.0 feature..
[14:00] Meggan Faith: I wished that advertisment from the wiki page would be deleted. It is impossible to find information specific to viewer 2 because it is mentioned on every single wiki page.
[14:00] Thickbrick Sleaford: hello
[14:00] Robin Cornelius: its also on the wiki, which you can open with your normal browser
[14:01] Merov Linden digs the agenda URL
[14:01] Ardy Lay: The agenda is on parcel medai which has been available for a long time.
[14:01] Merov Linden: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Open_Source_Meeting/Agenda
[14:01] Memorial Dae: Ah thank you
[14:02] Dzonatas Sol: For those without shared media: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Open_Source_Meeting/Agenda
[14:02] Merov Linden: Yeah but when in IW chat, have hardly have time to look around at the scenery and assumes other people don't either
[14:02] Merov Linden: anyway
[14:02] Merov Linden: Item one is the hot thing on my place: builds!
[14:03] Merov Linden: it all started very casually with Aleric asking me to launch a 1.4 build...
[14:03] Techwolf Lupindo: My current build of snowglobe-trunk uses 7 patches from the jira, a few of them are mine.
[14:03] Merov Linden: and turned into a full search for resucitation 1.23
[14:04] Merov Linden: really annoying (for me) but I guess it needs to be done
[14:04] Merov Linden: so: step one is me cleaning up the 1.4 building mess
[14:05] Merov Linden: or rather: step 1 is cleaning the internal 1.23 build/export
[14:05] Merov Linden: step 2 is merge to 1.4 then step 3 build 1.4
[14:05] Merov Linden: I didn't plan to do that this week but that what it'll take
[14:06] Merov Linden: SG2.0 now: still working on building on the 3 platforms with autobuild
[14:06] Boroondas Gupte: can't we just revert whatever broke the build? it used to work for 1.3
[14:07] Saijanai Kuhn: parcel streaming media crashes my viewer :-)
[14:07] Merov Linden: Boroondas: it's failing on unit tests now and that's not things that have changed in a long time
[14:07] Dzonatas Sol: My gcc 4.1 build of SG2.0 just finished and complained about the same gcc 4.4 error related to libSM and libuuid: /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.1.3/../../../../lib/libSM.so: undefined reference to `uuid_generate@UUID_1.0'
[14:07] Merov Linden: so I'm puzzled as to why it breaks. Once I know why, I might indeed revert whatever lead to that
[14:08] Saijanai Kuhn: I'm assuming that I'm special and no-one else is having that problem...
[14:08] Memorial Dae: Yup, im good!
[14:08] Merov Linden: ok, on SG2.0, I did a big merge from viewer-external to trunk
[14:09] Merov Linden: I've had success building locally on Mac and Windows but building with parabuild always run into problem
[14:09] Merov Linden: I've been working on that with CG
[14:09] Merov Linden: we'll get under control and that's really the prio 1 for me
[14:09] CG Linden waves and looks down dejectedly
[14:09] Merov Linden: hard to do anything with unstable builds...
[14:09] Merov Linden: aaaww... CG... why?
[14:10] Memorial Dae pats CG on the shoulder and offers him a juice
[14:10] Merov Linden: we'll get through those, one by one... right ? :)
[14:10] CG Linden:
[14:10] Merov Linden: it's a bit frustrating for all of us I know...
[14:11] Thickbrick Sleaford: BTW, Merov, the build logs posted to sldev-commits are still not acessible from the outside world.
[14:11] Merov Linden: then there are issues for people building standalone
[14:11] Techwolf Lupindo: Took me two weeks to get a snowgblobe 2.0 built, i've been there and know the fustration.
[14:11] Merov Linden: T_brick: is that new?
[14:12] Merov Linden: I haven;t paid attention to that I need to say
[14:12] Thickbrick Sleaford: since the last few weeks
[14:12] Merov Linden wonders what changed...
[14:12] Robin Cornelius: since parabuild? the entire format of the mail changed so its looking like a different system
[14:12] Robin Cornelius: its more than a few weeks
[14:12] Techwolf Lupindo: There was a minor panic as the latest 2.0 merge suddely required PulseAudio. I managed to quickly come up with three patches that fixes it and make it optional now.
[14:13] Merov Linden: t_brick, when you say "the outside world", which access are you speaking about?
[14:13] Merov Linden: I suppose you receive the emails on sldev-commits right?
[14:14] Merov Linden: Thickbrick? ^^^
[14:14] Thickbrick Sleaford: yes, I mean the url in the email. It giving me "denied" error.
[14:14] Merov Linden: Ah... I see....
[14:15] Thickbrick Sleaford: for example: http://s3.amazonaws.com/viewer-source-downloads/2010/trunk/3286/failed-build.Linux
[14:15] Merov Linden: yeap, I get the same denied error
[14:15] Merov Linden: so it's not just "the outside world"
[14:15] Thickbrick Sleaford: heh
[14:16] Merov Linden: I guess that the URL is all bogus
[14:16] Thickbrick Sleaford: I think the file exiss, or it would be giving a 404.
[14:16] Merov Linden: I need to confess I use the parabuild web interface directly, never those links, that's why I didn't realize that was broken
[14:16] Thickbrick Sleaford: *exists
[14:17] Youri Ashton: hi all
[14:17] Merov Linden: S3 is giving this kind of error for anything bogus, no 404 AFAIK
[14:18] Merov Linden: try editing the file name in the URL, you'll see
[14:18] Thickbrick Sleaford: last acessible build log for SG1.x was r3225, on march 12
[14:18] Youri Ashton: hey CG
[14:18] CG Linden looks up
[14:18] Thickbrick Sleaford: it has a "no such key" and "acess denied"
[14:18] Merov Linden: interesting
[14:19] Merov Linden: right, "access denied" / "no such key", different errors
[14:19] CG Linden: it depens whether that part of the tree is browsable
[14:19] CG Linden: of it's not, then you just get access denied
[14:19] Merov Linden bets its ACL settings for uploaded logs
[14:20] CG Linden: if it is browsable, S3 will be more helpful
[14:20] Merov Linden: s/its/it's/
[14:21] Merov Linden: ok, so, we do have a bunch of build issues and fixing them is my prio 1
[14:21] Merov Linden: which, I think, is the right prio for it...
[14:21] Thickbrick Sleaford: good url: http://secondlife.com/developers/opensource/downloads/2010/trunk/3225/failed-build.Linux

bad url: http://secondlife.com/developers/opensource/downloads/2010/trunk/3286/failed-build.Linux

[14:22] Merov Linden: we *should* create a good wiki for building and I know there are a couple of such wiki around
[14:22] Youri Ashton: oh wow, philip was online today i see :o
[14:22] Merov Linden: which one is the reference build wiki you guys are using?
[14:22] Melvin Starbrook: ow wow
[14:23] Melvin Starbrook: echt waar?
[14:23] Melvin Starbrook: oh this is local lol
[14:23] Melvin Starbrook giggles
[14:23] Gooden Uggla: his booth at the bar has wifi now? awesome!
[14:23] Memorial Dae falls out of chair laughing
[14:23] Boroondas Gupte: As of lately, I use https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Compiling_and_Patching_Snowglobe_(Linux)
[14:24] s Windup key: Melvin Starbrook's windup key has run out.
[14:24] Youri Ashton: there are multiple then merov?
[14:24] Techwolf Lupindo: Thickbrick, clicking on that link causes my brower to download a file. It that a text file?
[14:24] Youri Ashton: kinda havnt really being paying attention lately, RL stuff...
[14:24] Merov Linden: you're not using https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Compiling_the_viewer_%28Linux%29
[14:24] Thickbrick Sleaford: Techwolf, yes the good url is a very long text file, yes.
[14:24] Merov Linden: yes Youri, there are multiple and I think we should refactor all that
[14:24] Melvin Starbrook: thank you :)
[14:25] Memorial Dae: My pleasure
[14:25] Youri Ashton: should be 1 indeed merov, 2 or more get confusing
[14:25] Thickbrick Sleaford: some parts are shared between those 2 pages (found that the hard way, by fumbling wiki edits)
[14:26] Merov Linden: true Thickbrick
[14:26] Merov Linden: I really think we're making that too complicated
[14:26] Boroondas Gupte: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Get_source_and_compile has links to most build-related articles
[14:26] Robin Cornelius: its not helping that 2.0 has its own set of hoops, so its different information again
[14:26] Merov Linden: that's where I get mine Boroondas
[14:26] Merov Linden: :)
[14:27] Techwolf Lupindo: I think there sould be one wiki page for each OS as each of them has there own build instructions.
[14:27] Merov Linden: Robin: true
[14:27] Merov Linden: Techwolf : +1
[14:27] Robin Cornelius: the last refactor started as one page per os, then forked as we have express gotchas for windows and standalone for linux :-(
[14:27] Merov Linden: I think we should revise and make up to date the https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Compiling_the_viewer_(platform)
[14:27] Merov Linden: wiki pages
[14:27] Boroondas Gupte: actually, nowadays the build instructions should be nearly the same on all OSes, just different dependencies
[14:28] Morgaine Dinova: Good call, Tec
[14:28] Techwolf Lupindo: It will still be easer for someone to follow if its one OS per page instead is trying to figure out the logic on one huge building page.
[14:28] Dzonatas Sol: Tech notes to build step-by-step: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Dzonatas_Sol/Snowglobe
[14:28] Merov Linden: It's true, we should make the common part clear
[14:29] Merov Linden: Dzonatas: we all developed our own secret sauce :)
[14:29] Latha Serevi: If somebody comes up with a "compile 2.0 on VS2008 from a SVN checkout" recipe, I would like to be a guinea pig. So far, I'm a big FAIL.
[14:30] Techwolf Lupindo: That could belong on a page of its own. re:Latha
[14:30] Merov Linden look sideway at CG at the mention of VS2008....
[14:30] Memorial Dae: >.<
[14:30] Robin Cornelius: is 2008 still problematic? i though i saw someone got it working no boost hell
[14:30] Techwolf Lupindo: Doesn't VS2008 and up support 64-bit builds?
[14:31] Robin Cornelius: By support, you have to jump through unnecessary hoops still
[14:31] Youri Ashton: sure would be handy to have 64bit support
[14:31] Thickbrick Sleaford: NickeyP mentioned it worked 2008 worked fo rhim (upto packaging, though)
[14:31] Youri Ashton: currently 64bit support is still a problem
[14:31] Memorial Dae: uhm i thought it was all a matter of the having the right lib paths in teh build settings! :)
[14:31] Robin Cornelius: yea he kept hitting the same packaging issues, there are a bunch of niggles
[14:31] Merov Linden: Well, VS2008 is no the compiler we use internally so all its oddities are not well taken into account in our build
[14:32] Merov Linden: but, we need to bite that bullet one day...
[14:32] Youri Ashton: will it come in the next version then?
[14:32] Robin Cornelius: i just patched out the VC run time from manifest
[14:32] Youri Ashton: or end of this year at least...
[14:32] Latha Serevi: Robin, I think a valid recipe can easily be made to exist, but is scattered on many pages, and 6 hours later I was still failing. This was a couple of weeks ago.
[14:32] Merov Linden: I don't know "when" exactly
[14:32] Latif Khalifa: 2010 is coming out in a couple of months ;)
[14:32] Robin Cornelius: Oh Merov, i had cooked a patch to install the MSCV runtimes in the winSxS location from Nullsoft installer... but...
[14:32] Merov Linden: last time I checked, we had problems with Incredibuild that we use (and love) internally
[14:32] Morgaine Dinova: My last SG2 compile attempt last week failed on Boost incompatibility
[14:32] Robin Cornelius: 2010 drops winSxS again
[14:33] Techwolf Lupindo: Morgaine, use gcc 4.3.x and boost <=1.41
[14:33] Youri Ashton: CG, you looking rather... female from where my cam is... o_0
[14:33] CG Linden: :p
[14:34] Youri Ashton: well atleast you wont ahve to ask for permission then, right CG ;)
[14:34] Latif Khalifa: perhaps LL should sip 2008 then altogether, and go to 2010 when 2005 becomes too obsolete then
[14:34] Merov Linden: OK, I'll check again if there's an ETA or plan for switching to VS2008 and what's blocking (beyond inertia..)
[14:34] s Windup key: Melvin Starbrook's windup key has run out.
[14:34] Techwolf Lupindo: snow 2.0 will not build wiht any combo of boost and gcc 4.4.x OR any gcc and boost 1.42.
[14:35] Robin Cornelius: Tech standalone?
[14:35] Thickbrick Sleaford: I thought the main blockage for 2008 was the boost prebuilt packages, but that looks to be sorted now.
[14:35] Merov Linden: OK so, that was for my update on "what the heck has been Merov doing?"
[14:35] DrFran Babcock: :-)
[14:35] Robin Cornelius: Thickbrick, i think the remaining issues are just silly manifest and other python-foo
[14:36] Morgaine Dinova: Tech: (meets your vresions spec, yet fails) -->
dev-libs/boost
[14:36] Merov Linden: I really hope to get out of this build mess soon and go to merging 1.x feature, taking of patches, etc...
[14:36] Techwolf Lupindo: robin, defentlly standalone. !standalone uses 1.39 boost and can work with gcc upto 4.4.x, snow 1.x can use gcc 4.4.x
[14:36] Robin Cornelius: Tech my 2.0 builds on gcc 4.4.3 work fine
[14:36] Dzonatas Sol: gcc 4.4 didn't complain about boost on sg2.0 with my build
[14:37] Merov Linden: any question on this? comment? before we move with the rest of the agenda
[14:37] Thickbrick Sleaford: I've been building !standalone with gcc 4.4.3, but not sure now if I changed anything in the prebuilt boost or not (boost-coroutine being the imediate suspect)
[14:38] Techwolf Lupindo: Morgaine, let me check and make sure they didn't hard code 1.39 and above. I had one user using 1.35 and the build failed due some headers changes between 1.35 and 1.39.
[14:38] Morgaine Dinova: cool
[14:39] Merov Linden: k, looks like we're all over those build problems... next...
[14:39] Techwolf Lupindo: I got about a half dozes patches sitting in pjira that fixes build problems.
[14:39] Merov Linden: TPV: Joe set up an IW meeting for Q&A
[14:40] Robin Cornelius: It'll be an informal Q&A session, held in voice
[14:40] Aleric Inglewood: voice does NOT work
[14:40] Merov Linden: I know there's a doc (actually 2) floating around with proposed modifs
[14:40] Melvin Starbrook: think voice is no part of sl lol
[14:40] Aleric Inglewood: So I can't participate if it's in voice
[14:41] Melvin Starbrook: voice is first life :)
[14:41] Thickbrick Sleaford: so are lawyers
[14:41] Boroondas Gupte: Also, who'll be the poor guy to do the transscript when it's in voice?
[14:42] Merov Linden: anyway, go there and ask Joe your questions, etc...
[14:42] Aleric Inglewood: Boroondas: that is the point of doing it in voice: no transcript
[14:42] Morgaine Dinova: I hear Voice, but Voice is not adequate for such topics, need to be able to read the words, and write input.
[14:42] Morgaine Dinova: Let's answer Joe on-list, and raise the voice and transcript issue
[14:43] Merov Linden: it's really hard to type long answers
[14:43] Robin Cornelius: +1 Morg
[14:43] Youri Ashton: voice fails lately with me, besides my mic problems (which is temp fixed) i often dont hear others or voicce server refuses to connect me
[14:43] Memorial Dae: You can type and hear at the same time with a simple tool
[14:43] Youri Ashton: this happened on 1.23, 2.0 and emerald
[14:43] Youri Ashton: so it can not be me
[14:43] Melvin Starbrook: its voice...
[14:44] Aleric Inglewood: vivox just sucks for linux
[14:44] Aleric Inglewood: no support
[14:44] Youri Ashton: im on windows
[14:44] Youri Ashton: clean install
[14:44] Aleric Inglewood: Ok, it just sucks.
[14:44] Dzonatas Sol: SLVoice hasn't worked on linux since SG1.4
[14:44] Youri Ashton: voice siriously needs a close up look
[14:44] Aleric Inglewood: So does IM chat
[14:44] Phantom Ninetails: As a Linux user I can confidently say alot of sound related stuff in general sucks on Linux.
[14:45] Merov Linden: no one can use voice on Linux?
[14:45] Robin Cornelius: i can
[14:45] Memorial Dae: I can
[14:45] Youri Ashton: chat in general that is
[14:45] Dzonatas Sol: if i go to an older viewer
[14:45] Thickbrick Sleaford: Works for me (32 bit)
[14:45] Melvin Starbrook: i listen music
[14:45] Aleric Inglewood: I could, but not any longer.
[14:45] Melvin Starbrook: hihi
[14:45] Techwolf Lupindo: I have voice in linux, but not without its problems.
[14:45] Boroondas Gupte: I can, though not right now, because sound is blocked by a previously crashed SL, I think.
[14:45] Morgaine Dinova: Putting Aleric's (Linux) and Youri's (Windows) comments together == Vivox just sucks on all :-)
[14:45] Boroondas Gupte: gotta reboot
[14:45] Memorial Dae: but I have to tell teh Os to allow the voice on client to take precidence since it does not play well with others
[14:45] Merov Linden: what's specific to Aleric then that it doesn't work for him
[14:45] Merov Linden: ?
[14:45] Youri Ashton: besides the voice and chat problem
[14:46] Youri Ashton: 2.0 refuses to let me connect!!!!
[14:46] Memorial Dae: ? ? ?
[14:46] Merov Linden is using Mac OS X
[14:46] Techwolf Lupindo: A good alternitive is the presenter to use media audio stream the the listers can use local chat for feedback. There are many seperate programs that can play a media audio stream.
[14:46] Youri Ashton: im forced to use 1.23 or emerald
[14:46] Robin Cornelius: some of the issues are related to specific openal versions used by vivox
[14:46] Melvin Starbrook: YAY!
[14:46] Youri Ashton: snowglobe fails lately as well
[14:47] Morgaine Dinova: Merov: the Steve Jobs' Reality Distortion Field makes Voice work on yours, that's different ;-)
[14:47] Merov Linden: Youri: which platform? it's really puzzling
[14:47] Youri Ashton: microsoft vista 64bit
[14:47] Aleric Inglewood: Robin: If you know how I can get SLVoice to work on my platform (debian testing, amd64) then now is the time to tell me :)
[14:47] Memorial Dae: oh well
[14:47] Techwolf Lupindo: Sence vixvox has one customer, LL. Soujld LL just buy them out and fix the issues?
[14:47] Memorial Dae: That may be part of an issue
[14:47] Robin Cornelius: Aleric have you tried my debs?
[14:47] Robin Cornelius: if that method fails then i don't know
[14:47] Boroondas Gupte: Merov, I gotta leave soon. You wanted to comment on last week's topic on the mailing list, will you do that?
[14:48] Youri Ashton: just sended the complete stats of my pc merov
[14:48] Aimee Linden: Vivox has other customers too
[14:48] Robin Cornelius: BTW anyone testing voice here and now, please look at parcel flags ;-)
[14:48] Dzonatas Sol: Since SG1.4/V2.0.. SLVoice connects yet doesn't seem to connect to the right channel in-world, then it retries connection after a minute, and loops like that]
[14:48] Merov Linden: Boroondas: you mean, the extra IW meeting?
[14:49] Boroondas Gupte: no, the line endings etc.
[14:49] Youri Ashton: i installed it clean 2 weeks ago, so should be good
[14:49] Youri Ashton: no virus or junk found, so cant be that
[14:49] Youri Ashton: its the viewer somehow
[14:49] Ardy Lay: I test voice at http://slurl.com/secondlife/Voice%20Echo%20Canyon/128/128/2
[14:49] Merov Linden: ooo... right: I'll do that. I actually ran into several problem wrt LF in both hg and svn
[14:49] Boroondas Gupte: ok, just so it doesn't get forgotten
[14:50] Aleric Inglewood: I know what's wrong... it's all Aimee's fault.
[14:50] Memorial Dae: svn
[14:50] Merov Linden: I know more than I wish I did on this now :p
[14:50] Youri Ashton: lol
[14:50] Memorial Dae: lol
[14:50] Boroondas Gupte: :-P
[14:50] Youri Ashton: dont blaim poor aimee :p
[14:50] Merov Linden: Il est important d'être Aimée
[14:50] Aimee Linden: yup, it's all my fault, that's what I'm here for
[14:50] Techwolf Lupindo: Oh, just remember, I notice that snowglobe 2.0 trunk has the excuate (+x) bit set on all files.
[14:50] Morgaine Dinova: J'aime croissant, vin, et Aimee :-)
[14:51] Boroondas Gupte: ok, gotta go
[14:51] Boroondas Gupte waves
[14:51] Youri Ashton: for that matter, ATI drivers are gone bad again, any viewer i try crashes with a black screen, i do see the UI and propperty lines, but rest is black and very laggy
[14:51] Merov Linden: Techwolf: hmm... may be something I did wrong when creating the first drop...
[14:52] Youri Ashton: perhaps a new one for ATI drivers?
[14:52] Merov Linden: wonders how though?
[14:53] Merov Linden: last item was: extra new meeting on Tuesday
[14:53] Techwolf Lupindo: For example, the contrube.txt:
[14:53] Techwolf Lupindo: Add missing doc/contributions.txt for last two commits
[14:53] Merov Linden: since Aleric is here today (yeah! :) ) may be we can ask him which time would be best
[14:53] Aleric Inglewood: I just spotted a new(?) bug: I can't see the legs of about half the people here. Reason is probably the alpha ordering bug. I guess that the texture of the stone of the things we're sitting on has an alpha channel (why for Gods sake?), and so do the avatars these days. Imho, it is a bug that avatars are treated as having an alpha channel?
[14:54] Aleric Inglewood: Merov: time best for what?
[14:54] Merov Linden: meeting on Tuesday
[14:54] Techwolf Lupindo: Aleric, that bug is cause by avatar imposters.
[14:54] Thickbrick Sleaford: I think that's an impostor problem,
[14:54] Aleric Inglewood: Ah ok
[14:54] Aimee Linden: avatar imposters most likely
[14:54] Phantom Ninetails: mmm if these structures had alpha they would turn red when you enable highlight alpha
[14:55] Aimee Linden: especially noticeable on peope with large tails
[14:55] Aleric Inglewood: Ah yes, it was imposters sorry :*)
[14:55] Memorial Dae: O.o (Oo)
[14:55] Youri Ashton: aight, ill be off to oskar, thanks for the meeting Lindens
[14:55] Youri Ashton: bye bye all
[14:55] Merov Linden thinks that red for alpha is an old "rubylith" heritage
[14:56] Dzonatas Sol: Joe Linden wants the TPV OH to happen at noon.... just a reminder to schedule around
[14:56] Youri Ashton: hmm... it refuses to tp....
[14:56] Aleric Inglewood: Merov: Meeting on Tuesdays? Great. For me good times would be 11-12 or 2-3.
[14:56] Merov Linden: sure, I *think* Aleric wished to meet later...
[14:56] Aimee Linden: bye!
[14:56] Melvin Starbrook: bye.. (bye ..)
[14:57] Merov Linden: 2-3 like now?
[14:57] Youri Ashton: nope
[14:57] Memorial Dae: Safe journies
[14:57] Youri Ashton: 3th time no go
[14:57] Aleric Inglewood: yes
[14:57] Merov Linden: that's OK with me
[14:57] Youri Ashton: back to home (pooley stage) also no go
[14:57] Merov Linden: convenient even
[14:57] Youri Ashton: perhaps a problem lindens!
[14:57] Merov Linden: so I'll post a message on that and put it on the calendar
[14:57] Merov Linden: same place
[14:57] Merov Linden: :)
[14:57] Aleric Inglewood: Great! :)
[14:58] Merov Linden: so sometime I just wish I'd go visit other places...
[14:58] Robin Cornelius: Hold it in my open source park opposite corner ;-)
[14:58] Merov Linden yearns for the vast world...
[14:58] Aleric Inglewood: Can you explain again what the purpose of those meetings is? :*)
[14:58] Techwolf Lupindo: Oh wow...I just loaded up the new snowbglboe 2.0 and the chat window is trashparent on non-foucus.
[14:58] Robin Cornelius: Aleric, which meetings? the Joe ones?
[14:58] Memorial Dae: Sweet! :D
[14:59] Merov Linden: Aleric: SG update, dev issues, whatever dev related you want to discuss :)
[14:59] Aleric Inglewood: No, the new ones on Tuesdays, those are like this one right? "Open source meetings"
[14:59] Robin Cornelius: yes just a 2nd one
[14:59] Robin Cornelius: twice a week
[14:59] Morgaine Dinova: We could hold it in OSgrid or 3rd Rock Grid or in ReactionGrid :-)
[14:59] Memorial Dae pats Latha ()
[14:59] Merov Linden: Aleric: yes, to allow more people to come
[14:59] Aleric Inglewood: Ah ok, I thought it was like only to determine the importance of current jira's
[14:59] Merov Linden: lots couldn't make it on Thursdays
[14:59] Robin Cornelius: what time did we say?
[15:00] Techwolf Lupindo: We need a snowglobe pjira meeting, many jira and patches are setting untouched.
[15:00] Aleric Inglewood: 2 to 3 Robin (I think)
[15:00] Merov Linden: if we have an extra meeting, we should certainly have time to go through specific JIRAs
[15:00] Merov Linden: that would be nice actually
[15:00] Robin Cornelius looks sheepish at the backlog she has not processed
[15:00] Phantom Ninetails: I have a favourite snowglobe jira that's bothering me..
[15:00] Robin Cornelius: and hmm oh, i found a bug in the socks proxy code ;-(
[15:00] s Windup key: Melvin Starbrook's windup key has run out.
[15:00] Aleric Inglewood: I hope that my water patch will make it to the official viewer, soon. I already committed it to SG 1.4 and to emerald.
[15:01] Dzonatas Sol: just assigned them all to me with blame and consider done did
[15:01] Merov Linden: I saw that Aleric :)
[15:01] Aleric Inglewood: (it has an algorithm to determine the water height of void water, should be the same on all viewers)
[15:01] Melvin Starbrook: mmm what water patch? :)
[15:01] Melvin Starbrook giggles
[15:01] Merov Linden: I've been trying to build that $&@ 1.4 since you last asked me...
[15:01] Aleric Inglewood: What is the problem?
[15:02] Morgaine Dinova: Heading to UXIG, for what might be the last UXIG meeting in SL. Take care folks :-)
[15:02] Morgaine Dinova: Cyu Merov :-) (Cyu Merovech :-))
[15:02] Robin Cornelius: Later!
[15:02] Dzonatas Sol: T Linden mentioned that there will be non-support of 1.x after 2.1 release
[15:02] Merov Linden agonizes...
[15:02] Merov Linden: we had fmod (solved) then 1.23 bundles disappeared so I tried to build them again but now 1.23 build internal is failing...
[15:02] Melvin Starbrook: rea;lly?
[15:02] Melvin Starbrook: im afraid many leave then
[15:02] Phantom Ninetails: :(
[15:02] Merov Linden: Dzonatas: may be if you call support as a customer
[15:02] Aleric Inglewood: Melvin: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-12984
[15:02] JIRA Helper: [#VWR-12984] 1.23: Water flickers and disappears in patches
[15:03] Merov Linden: but the code base is still out there and alive...
[15:03] Phantom Ninetails: I definitely won't be switching to viewer 2, at least not how it is today.
[15:03] Morgaine Dinova: T Lindens needs his ass kicked .... says /me while departing :P
[15:03] Robin Cornelius: offical main viewer will stop, and there is no reason SG1.4 can't live longer
[15:03] Dzonatas Sol: Merov, thanks for code support =)
[15:03] Merov Linden: my job Dzonatas
[15:03] Melvin Starbrook: i hope emerald keeps working, i dont like 2.0 to be honest...
[15:03] Eris Auxifur: i actually don't mind the viewer 2.0.... excepti t's just still not as good as emerald, not enough features, so i don't want to use it... visually and usability is not bad.
[15:04] Eris Auxifur is a minority
[15:04] Aleric Inglewood: I think 1.4 repository should stay online until the majority of the committers say it's ok to delete it
[15:04] Merov Linden: Aleric: +1
[15:04] Robin Cornelius: i think the repository should not go anywhere
[15:04] Merov Linden: that was the intent all along... that's why it's there
[15:04] Robin Cornelius: we just stop building at *some* point
[15:04] Aleric Inglewood: And I won't say that is ok until I'm happy with 2.0 and using it (ie, around 2.2 maybe)
[15:05] Dzonatas Sol: Maybe plan a freeze on anything older than 1.4
[15:05] Robin Cornelius: 1.3 is final anyway i think?
[15:05] Merov Linden: k guys, I need to attend this parabuild deluge of fail ... grrrr....
[15:05] Aleric Inglewood: I still didn't even GET 2.0. I'm still working on 1.4, and if anyone feels like porting my patches to 2.0, then go ahead, if you must :p *stuborn*
[15:06] Thickbrick Sleaford: yeah, anything older than 1.4 is already frozen.
[15:06] Robin Cornelius: Aleric, two minutes of voice questions... have you tried my debs for snowglobe and voice?
[15:06] Aleric Inglewood: Robin: no... if you want to talk me through it I can try :/
[15:06] Melvin Starbrook: i think there will come more updates of emerald :)
[15:06] Merov Linden: one feature *I* like in 2.0 is the landmarks in the top bar. Super time saver for me TPing around!
[15:06] Melvin Starbrook: hihi
[15:06] Robin Cornelius: apt.byteme.org.uk unstable main
[15:06] Melvin Starbrook: and people will use that...
[15:06] Robin Cornelius: apt-get install snowglobe omvviewer-voice
[15:07] Eris Auxifur: there's quite a few little handy things in the viewer, just a couple problems really
[15:07] Aleric Inglewood: Robin: surely that will use ~/.secondlife ?
[15:07] Dzonatas Sol: I just want a snapshot to twitpic =p
[15:07] Phantom Ninetails: Unfortunately I just can't take the crippling design flaws just for a couple conveniences.
[15:07] Ardy Lay: I find myself wondering what I missed during the service outage. :-(
[15:07] Eris Auxifur: i mean, besides just plain not having features that every other client has ;) other than that, i like some of 2.0
[15:07] Robin Cornelius: let me check, i think i made it use ~./snowglobe
[15:08] XStreetSL Magic Box : SL Exchange - Delivered item [NVE] Sculpted Sand Dune - Boxed (no-transfer).
[15:08] Merov Linden: see you Tuesday same time guys :)
[15:08] Robin Cornelius: ~./snowglobeomv/
[15:08] Phantom Ninetails: Fare well

Generated with SLog Wikifier