From Second Life Wiki
Feature Design Document
- An object can be made phantom via the edit tools or by script:
- Objects that are both phantom and physical will fall through other objects or avatars and will collide only with the ground.
- Phantom objects cannot be sat upon.
However, setting prims to phantom does not prevent objects being simulated by the physics engine. Use Physics Optimization to do this.
Other things that appear to be phantom:
- Objects that live on an adjacent region but hang over onto this region.
- Prims, sculpties and mesh using Physics Optimization
llVolumeDetect test - Can two llVolumeDetect objects detect each other?
Discussion for future improvements
Relationship to other features
List of features that need to be tested when this feature changes, and why.
Physics_Test - The Physics test should ensure check that phantom objects are truly phantom.