Release Notes/Second Life Beta Viewer/2.7.2
Release Notes for v2.7.2 (232124) - Second Life Beta Viewer
Released June 09, 2011
Crash and Performance Fixes
- [PUBLIC_JIRA_USERS] Lighting and shadows crash ATI macs
- [crashhunters] Crash at LLVolumeImplFlexible::doFlexibleUpdate() [secondlife-bin llflexibleobject.cpp]
- Add LLRegionSayTo() LSL function
- Introduce logging or alerts to inform the user that the new cache configuration values will not take effect until the viewer is restarted
- Increase the maximum cache size
- [UI] Add a functional and correct 'Clear Cache' button
- [PUBLIC] 'Search' and 'World Map' links in Sidebar are unclickable
- Help -> About Secondlife Info is corrupted
- Text Box Alignment bug
- Adding Clear cache button, like 1.23 version!
- Fix calls to LLDir::deleteFilesInDir() in viewer texture cache, VFS, and object caches, as well as the call to clear the user's cache directory
- Fix viewer so it can support multiple instances if a SLURL is passed in
- Missing LSL tooltip strings for llRegionSayTo and llGetEnv
- Using the Reset button to set the cache location back to the default does not clear the old cache on viewer restart
- Texture cache size reported incorrectly during initialization
- Turning off Voice Chat in Basic mode reverts changes made in Sound Device selection; turning setting back on results in drop downs not being populated
- Add a WARNING to comment for BrowserEnableJSObject and set to not persist between sessions
- Re-enable deferred rendering on ATI Macs
Translation and Localization Updates
- Viewer 2, Italian language - Upload Animation window layout is broken, dropdown menus leak out
- [VWR-20840] (Spanish) [CHANGE FAILED] F1 Help window title should have been changed to "BUSCAR EN LA AYUDA"
- (Spanish) [TYPO] Bottom bar menu. Visión button: Panóramica should be Panorámica
- (Spanish) [TRUNCATION: SHORTEN] [TYPO] Yo > Preferencias > Gráficos > Avanzado. "Nº máximo de avatares no impos"
- (Spanish) [TYPO] Avanzado > Realzando y visibilidad
- (Spanish) [ALTERNATIVE TRANSLATION] Yo > Preferencias > Sonido y Media. "Multimedia ... Activada" should be "Multimedia ... Activados"
- (Spanish) [STRING IN ENG] Login screen: <Type region name>
- (Spanish) [MEANING] In Build window, Edit tab: "Moverse" must be "Mover".
- (Spanish) [MEANING] In Build window > Land tab, bad translation: "Inscribirse" must be "Unir"
- Spanish [MEANING] "Teleportarme" soulh be "Teleportar" in menu of a resident in Chat window
Source and Build Changes
- Mac viewer should build without requiring settings modifications