Release Notes for v3.7.22 (297131) - Second Life Viewer
Please see the Known Issues
for important information and limitations.
Second Life Release Viewer version 22.214.171.1247131
Released on December 03, 2014.
- [ Windows | Macintosh | Linux]
A solid collection of bugfixes and improvements to many areas of SL including:
- texture animation
- avatar distortion
- inventory management
- mouselook in Mac
- scripting crashfix
- multiple UI fixes in script editor, Pay flow, chat, stats floater, edit menu etc.
This release adds some fixes to previously released changes in the way we handle joint offsets in rigged meshes. Originally, if you attached multiple meshes with joint offsets, the results were unpredictable, depending on the order in which the attachments were processed. This means that you could see yourself with different joint positions at different times, and the way you saw yourself might not match up to what others saw. With these changes, the behavior is deterministic, so wearing the same set of meshes should always produce the same joint positions, and the way you see yourself should consistently match the way others will see you.The process for removing attached meshes is also more robust, so you should be able to reliably get your old joint positions back after meshes are removed. People running un-updated viewers will continue to see the original behavior with the original bugs, but will not experience any new regressions due to these changes.
This release also fixes some issues found with adding and removing attachments after the recent AISv3 deploy, and improves the status information shown in inventory for attached objects.
- MAINT-1192 Empty folders remain in the recent items tab of inventory until relog
- MAINT-1849 'Rename' menu item should be disabled, if user selects more than one item in objects content
- MAINT-2699 UI buttons still change state even when disabled
- MAINT-3391 Sounds no longer play directly when double clicking in inventory.
- MAINT-3440 Viewer freezes and not responding after trying to open 5 new media browsers tabs directed to yahoo.com link
- MAINT-3511 When one surface of mesh object is set transparent all object is invisible
- MAINT-3569 Sounds are not disabled for active "Mute when minimized" option on Mac & Linux
- MAINT-3911 [Privacy] SL client allows position stalking by sending position information to previous Vivox spatial channel after teleport
- MAINT-3944 [VoiceMO Viewer] - SLVoice Process Frequently Fails to Quit When Exiting Second Life
- MAINT-3964 Textures with Alpha won't Animate on Rigged Mesh when worn
- MAINT-3967 Up arrow key does not move the cursor up in chat field.
- MAINT-4086 Limit the number items "Replace Current Outfit" or "Wear" applies to
- MAINT-4092 Prim faces with opaque diffuse maps, with material set to ALPHA_MODE_BLEND, do not render
- MAINT-4158 Avatar distorted when changing outfits
- MAINT-4196 "Wear" Behaves Erratically For Attachments on Same Point
- MAINT-4210 Viewer does not print a list of URLs within square braces with ", " as separator
- MAINT-4218 Adding clothing from inventory closes THAT clothing folder and hides THAT folder
- MAINT-4238 Keyword help for scripts no longer opens the correct wiki page in the LSL Reference floater
- MAINT-4239 Using Open to unpack items Gives you "Copy and Wear" which replaces whole outfit with item
- MAINT-4243 Mac client makes extra 0-duration call on exit
- MAINT-4253 In the Edit menu when opening the texture picker for diffuse/normal/specular map selection, selecting a texture in the Textures folder, if a copy of the texture exists in any other folder, the selection will change to the texture in that folder instead.
- MAINT-4254 In the Edit menu when opening the texture picker for normal/spec selection the inventory drop down list opens at the Library folder instead of the My Inventory folder as it does for diffuse selection.
- MAINT-4255 In the Edit menu when opening the texture picker for normal map selection and clicking Cancel the already applied texture is changed to None even with or without any prior change or if the prior applied texture was full perms.
- MAINT-4269 Windows client terminates SLVoice process on exit, doesn't shut down cleanly
- MAINT-4289 [BEAR] Recent Items "Reset Filters" not working correctly
- MAINT-4293 Very slow inventory fetch
- MAINT-4304 Avatar stuck running if releasing shift during double-tap strafe
- MAINT-4305 Viewer sometimes crashes when pasting an invalid character into a script.
- MAINT-4317 the Joystick Configuration help link does not point to the correct page.
- MAINT-4322 When in DND mode, the "Do not disturb" text in name tag disapears when sitting on certain objects
- MAINT-4323 Mouselook - right-click locks cam position (mac-only)
- MAINT-4334 Request confirmation from the user when paying another avatar large amounts, to ensure that the destination avatar and L$ amount is correct and intended before the money is sent
- MAINT-4350 Attachments scripted to llDetachFromAvatar on region change show as "Worn on invalid attachment point" in inventory after region change on AIS3 enabled viewers only.
- MAINT-4363 In-use script dialogs and pending inventory offers are forced out of view and into their chiclet every time a new conversation is started by another resident or a new group chat session opens
- MAINT-4368 Statistics floater - Object Cache Hit Rate, Cache Hit Rate and Cache Read latency graphs display incorrectly
- MAINT-4393 Please restore 'Region Debug Console' to viewer menu, under Develop -> Consoles
- MAINT-4397 It's possible to size the viewer window where some menus will draw beyond its bounds
- MAINT-4422 Inventory re-sorts itself if any of the Filters are enabled and you detach an item from your Avatar.
- MAINT-4429 Vivox Test Viewer: User A voice connection dropped for User B, when User A fails teleport and is Mac OS X
- MAINT-4438 Key presses in the script editor trigger WARNING log spam
- MAINT-4537 Change in Maintenance Viewer breaks my joint rigged mesh avatar
- MAINT-4572 Body crusher animations for quadruped avatars do not appear to load
- MAINT-4605 [LION] Avatar eyes sometimes disappear after adding or removing rigged mesh
- MAINT-4606 [LION] Avatar shape is deformed after removing some rigged meshes. Deformation is only seen by users on the Lion viewer, not default release.
- MAINT-4687 [vwr_attachment-fixes-drtvwr-388-2] "Petite" avatars render deformed for the wearer but not for observers
- MAINT-4703 [Attachments drtvwr-388] "Petite" avatars render deformed only after another deformer worn first
- SL-90 Allow wear_folder SLURL to specify folder by name
- MAINT-809 Setting 16x antialiasing crashes Viewer in Ubuntu 11.10 with GeForce 6600
- MAINT-3200 WL Haze effects are inconsistent between solid and transparent objects under water.
- MAINT-3197 Rigged alpha attachments don't render for impostors.
- MAINT-3198 Legacy bumpiness renders funny on HUD faces with custom alpha mode
- MAINT-3213 Brightness and Darkness legacy bump maps render incorrectly on Intel GPUs.
- MAINT-4158 Avatar distorted when changing outfits
- WEB-4659 Direct Delivery Outbox fails in Linux build