Release Notes for v4.0.6 (316883) - Second Life Viewer
Please see the Known Issues
for important information and limitations.
Second Life Release Viewer version 18.104.22.1686883
Released on June 24, 2016.
- [ Windows | Macintosh | Linux]
This is a Maintenace viewer release with two new crash fixes on top of:
- Searching for avatars in Friends and Nearby is easier now - you will see Display Name [ username ] by default. Hide via View/Sort options -> Hide usernames.
- Eject/Freeze added to Nearby floater context menus for easier griefing response.
- “Rebake region” is right in the Pending changes notification toast now.
- Added a warning dialogue to inform of potential massive autoreturn or impact to parcel prim budgets.
- UIScaleFactor, known internally as “dial-a-bug” can now be increased to 2.0. Dial at your own risk.
Appearance & JellyDolls:
- Some cases of invisible avatars due to JellyDolls feature.
- Appearance update was broken due to COF version getting out of synch. It will now be … *nsync.
- Invisiprims are now preloaded and will remain transparent, not grey or black.
- Maximum Complexity setting will be set to recommended setting on first run. A Default preset will be added based on recommended settings, but not applied, so your current graphics settings are unaffected.
- Added “Show original” menu item to Appearance/Wearing tab.
- Handled an unhandled error when deleting empty list of graphics presets.
- Snapshots floater no longer gets stuck Saving to Inventory!
- You can minimize and un-minimize floaters all you want.
- We won’t suddenly expand top folder in Inventory when you change a filter anymore.
- Inventory floater: if you change settings in Recent tab, they’ll stick between logins now.
- Japanese fonts fix for OS X El Capitan
- You can now close the Build floater via Build menu when editing attachments in a no-build area.
- Copy in Gestures panel will copy the name and not UUID of the gesture.
- Notecards and Textures can no longer be deleted from the library.
- Conversations floater won’t be covered by chat toasts. That was a regression from another fix, oops.
- Various Minor UI cleanup (dead options, zombie labels, mesh upload naming, inventory tree indentation, error message on snapshot save, notification toast layout, worldmap search)
- No more unlisting Marketplace listings when you edit them while inventory is still fetching.
Scripts & Particles:
- PSYS_SRC_MAX_AGE parameter no longer breaks scripts
- We now prompt you to remove registry keys handling SL protocols during uninstall, instead of silently leaving them there.
- We won’t request region capabilities twice when logging in anymore (thanks Ansariel!)
- Wireframe mode: no more downloading surface textures.
- MAINT-1007 [PUBLIC]Context menu in Appearance/Wearing tab should contain "Show original" menu item
- MAINT-1057 Cannot get focus for or close build floater using toolbar button when editing attachments in no-build area
- MAINT-1513 Label of new folder doesn't disappear while closing Inventory by hot hey
- MAINT-1639 map seach clears itself when you are at the first place in map search
- MAINT-2022 "Copy" perform the same operation like "Copy UUID" in Gestures panel
- MAINT-204 [PUBLIC] Top folder is expanded when my inventory filter is changed
- MAINT-2063 User has an ability to delete Notecards,textures from library
- MAINT-2129 "Block" button doesn't become disabled in remote object inspector after object has been added to block list
- MAINT-2583 Minimized floaters cannot brought back to foreground anymore
- MAINT-3286 Fix error message on snapshot save when user has no L$
- MAINT-4220 UIScaleFactor: raise limit from 1.5 to at least 2.0
- MAINT-438 [PUBLIC]UI/Color Settings opens non-functional "Debug Settings" floater when spawned before login
- MAINT-5635 PSYS_SRC_MAX_AGE breaks when replacing a particle system without it
- MAINT-5692 In OS X El Capitan, when you run the viewer you won't see readable Japanese fonts.
- MAINT-5786 Redundant sibling index suffix on uploaded mesh object names.
- MAINT-5935 Print *server* timestamps in viewer logs so that viewer/server clock skew is immediately available.
- MAINT-6220 enable searching of the friend list with the classic username of the avatar.
- MAINT-6248 remove the 'OK' and place a 'Rebake region' button in "pending pathfinding changes" notification toast
- MAINT-6273 Add Ban/Kick to Nearby people window
- MAINT-6293 Notification toasts UI improvements
- MAINT-6300 When logging in, the progress bar always says it is the 2nd attempt when requesting region capabilities
- MAINT-6301 Inventory - Recent tab - setting changes do not persist between logins
- MAINT-6302 Inventory tree indention displays incorrectly when dragging an open folder into another folder
- MAINT-6320 Snapshot floater is stuck in 'Saving to Inventory' state.
- MAINT-6352 Editing marketplace listings before inventory has fully fetched causes listings to be unlisted.
- MAINT-6370 Second Life uninstall does not remove registry keys handling secondlife protocols
- MAINT-6376 Viewer shouldn't download surface textures in wireframe mode
- MAINT-6377 Nearby chat toasts cover the conversation floater.
- MAINT-6383 Add SLT timestamp to Environment info from the viewer
- MAINT-6400 Make the region "Object Bonus" setting safer
- MAINT-6403 Appearance update is STILL broken after recent changes in 4.0.4 (314579)
- MAINT-6408 viewer should allow password field entry greater than 16 bytes
- MAINT-6409 reset texture_list_last.xml and texture_list_home.xml on install to support invisiprims
- MAINT-6413 Add channel information to summary.json
- MAINT-6424 Quick Graphics - attempting to delete - empty list - preset throws an unhandled error
- MAINT-6432 [QuickGraphics] The default settings for Maximum Complexity are not being set correctly
- MAINT-6435 [QuickGraphics] Maximum Complexity defaults to No Limit on first run of a QuickGraphics viewer.
- MAINT-6446 Correct password length handling to match web sites
- MAINT-6447 [Maintenance RC] In OS X El Capitan, display by a Gothic font is needed.
- MAINT-6486 Recompile Scripts does not process beyond first object/prim
- BUG-10447 Unable to see group members belonging to any group role in the Roles tab until you switch to the Members tab and back to Roles tab.