Release Notes/Second Life Release/126.96.36.1996168
Release Notes for v5.0.5 (326168) - Second Life Viewer
This shiny new maintenance release comes with improvements to Trash purging behavior, support for Estate Access override, various UI improvements, and a nice batch of bugfixes old & new.
- Viewer changes supporting new Estate Ban Lines override and overall clarify behavior. Look for them in your Region/Estate and About Land floater.
- Outfit Inventory Links can now be Replaced, thanks to Ansariel Hiller. To replace, right click on one of the links, select “Replace Links”, drag the new item from your inventory to the Target box and click “Start”
- Performance improvement in Inventory when search is cancelled.
- Outfit Gallery: double click on folder will switch to My Outfits.
- Accidental deletion prevention - Trash:
- Added a new floater to let you sort through your Trash before clearing it.
- Backspace won’t act as delete on Windows (but will on Mac, because there’s no other delete)
Preferences, Settings, & Defaults:
- Build floater: new option to lock texture repeats: “lock repeat”. Applies only to chosen textures, not presets.
- Added highlighting in Block list after an item is blocked.
- Ctrl+W closes windows even when you’re logged out now.
- Lowered the default volume for Streaming Music & Media. Ed Merryman, this one’s for you! And all the new users.
- New Debug setting ScriptDialogLimitations lets you show more than one dialog per object (0 -> 1/script; 1-> 1/channel; 2 -> 1/channel for HUD; 3&4 -> unrestrained for HUD; 4 -> HUD won’t close previous dialogs)
- Added a preference (Preferences > Chat > Auto-complete gestures in nearby chat) for those times you’re doing something else with the “/” trigger.
- Added a debug setting “MaxAttachmentComplexity" to increase per-attachment render limit. For you, Lucia Nightfire.
- Uninformative alerts are now more informative
- Localized a bunch of newer text in the viewer
- Changed menu item to better expose the super useful Region Objects floater.
- Bounding box was sometimes incorrectly defined during upload leading to incorrect LOD and physics mesh stretching
- Increased timeout for bulk image uploads and added logging to find other causes of Image upload failures.
- Fixed a crash in Upload Model floater.
Chat & Notecards:
- Object IM’s URL would eat some chat. Bad url, chat is not for you.
- Text chat block now works separately from Voice chat block, like we implied it would all along.
- Incoming IMs would sometimes steal focus. That’s annoying, so they won’t now.
- Mixed line endings were causing problems when pasting into a notecard.
- Chat history layout bugfix.
Inventory & Appearance:
- Missing inventory update on “Save As” in appearance panel led to some funny effects of multiple skins, shapes, footbases etc. Not that funny, so we fixed it.
Building and such:
- Build dialog has icons for owner and creator like it should.
- Deeded to group objects: Permissions should be checked against owning group instead of active one. Duh.
- Got rid of various spurious “Cancelled Sit” and “Cancelled Autopilot” messages
- Fully transparent objects can be selected now, if you want to do that.
- “Repeats per meter” allows you to input negative values and doesn’t reset them in the spinner. Flip your horizontal and vertical all you want, Whirly.
- A fix for a remote exploit issue, thanks to Joosten Briebers
- Mac crash from online/offline notifications
- Logs cleanup