SLGOGP Draft 1/Discuss 2-3 Capabilities
From Second Life Wiki
|SLGOGP Draft 1 > Discuss 2-3 Capabilities|
- Caps are an easy thing to understand once you understood it ;-) But given my problems to really get how Linden Lab implements them (as a proxy server) I think some example of how LL uses them might be good to have. This migth raise the question if examples should be part of the spec or linked to. The latter might be sufficient. Here is also my attempt to explain them: http://mrtopf.de/blog/secondlife/slga-capabilities-explained-technical/ TaoTakashi 09:17, 13 March 2008 (PDT)
- Very nice tutorial article, well done Tao. Morgaine Dinova 02:18, 15 March 2008 (PDT)
- The caps.py and proxy.py implementations are now part of mulib, available under an MIT license. See changeset 50.
- Usually examples for exposition are not part of a specification, either directly or linked, because you want the specification to be a concise, legalistic definition of the protocol. What we need is a "SLGOGP Explained" document, which would be full of examples. I nominate your most excellent page as the first chapter! Zero Linden 21:23, 17 March 2008 (PDT)
- Since there are discus links for each section, why not an Explained link for each section? -- Strife Onizuka 22:46, 27 March 2008 (PDT)