Simulator User Group/Transcripts/2011.04.12

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Simulator_User_Group

Prev 2011.04.09 Next 2011.04.15

List of Speakers

Andrew Linden ANSI Soderstrom ANSI whispers
Ardy Lay dantia Gothly Draconis Neurocam
Fancy Greeter Flip Idlemind Jessica Lyon
Kallista Destiny NielArcher Oskar Linden
Qie Niangao Riku Highfield Simon Linden
Stickman TankMaster Teichmann Vernes Veranes

Transcript

[12:01] Draconis Neurocam: hello andrew

[12:01] Kallista Destiny: Hi Andrew

[12:01] Vernes Veranes: hey andrew

[12:01] Andrew Linden: hello

[12:01] Fancy Greeter: Oskar Linden has arrived! (Or, returned?)

[12:02] Draconis Neurocam: hello oskar

[12:02] Fancy Greeter: Simon Linden has arrived! (Or, returned?)

[12:02] Andrew Linden: For those of you who were here last Friday: sorry I couldn't make it.

[12:02] ANSI Soderstrom: uh, 2 lindens ?

[12:03] Andrew Linden: I was sick (and feeling terrible) but am much better this week.

[12:03] Draconis Neurocam: good to hear you are feeling better

[12:03] Oskar Linden: hi hi

[12:03] Draconis Neurocam: hello simon

[12:03] ANSI Soderstrom: hi all

[12:03] Andrew Linden: Simon sent me the transcripts from Friday and I've udated the transcript archive in the wiki.

[12:04] Andrew Linden: Hello ANSI, welcome.

[12:04] Simon Linden: Hello everyone

[12:04] Kallista Destiny: Hello Simon

[12:04] ANSI Soderstrom: ty :)

[12:05] Andrew Linden: There was an rolling update today of the main "Second Life Server" channel.

[12:05] Andrew Linden: LeTigre was promoted

[12:05] Oskar Linden: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Deploys-for-the-Week-of-2011-04-11/td-p/811755

[12:05] Andrew Linden: which had some maint-server fixes.

[12:05] Oskar Linden: epoch fixes

[12:05] Oskar Linden: ;-)

[12:05] Andrew Linden: I think threaded-rez is re-enabled on the main channel again (slight performance improvement).

[12:06] Draconis Neurocam: yay

[12:06] Andrew Linden: Also, there was a fix for a rare bug that was causing some regions to lose content on restart.

[12:06] Kallista Destiny: Is the problem solved (1600 Dec 31, 1969)

[12:07] Oskar Linden: yes kallista

[12:07] Andrew Linden: Which our support team will be glad to hear.

[12:07] Kallista Destiny: Kerry will be glad to hear that...

[12:07] Kallista Destiny: Also on the new RCs I presume?

[12:07] ANSI whispers: your pacifer is too loud

[12:07] Andrew Linden: Yeah that bad date for when objects had entered a parcel of land is fixed.

[12:08] Andrew Linden: SVC-6544

[12:08] JIRA-helper: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-6544

[#SVC-6544] In "About Land" dialog, "Most Recent" objects show a date of 1970/01/01 00:00 UTC

[12:08] Andrew Linden: That's most of the interesting stuff that was promoted.

[12:09] Andrew Linden: I think maybe Kelly's mono2-performance project is going to be the new RC for tomorrow

[12:09] Draconis Neurocam: it says "Config file changes. " for the latest server on the wiki, what does that mean specifically

[12:09] Andrew Linden: but that is not set in stone yet

[12:09] Draconis Neurocam: ooh

[12:09] Simon Linden: Is it just me, or do other people see a lot of grey AVs now?

[12:09] Draconis Neurocam: i think it might be you simon

[12:10] Andrew Linden: Draconis, "config file changes" is probably the threaded-rez feature

[12:10] Simon Linden: darn ironic justice :/

[12:10] ANSI Soderstrom: iam grey as usual

[12:10] NielArcher: just you ;-) support says clear your cache

[12:10] Kallista Destiny: everyone looks fine to me.

[12:10] Draconis Neurocam: its listed separately

[12:10] Andrew Linden: it was disabled for a copy-exploit, but is re-enabled via a config file change

[12:10] Draconis Neurocam: is why i asked

[12:10] Ardy Lay: I hear some complaining about it but only see it a little myself.

[12:10] Simon Linden: I'll try formatting my disk...

[12:10] Andrew Linden: oh hrm... well maybe there was another change to those config files

[12:10] Script Counter: Total Avatar Scripts - 512

Highest - Bronson Blackadder: 100 (20%)

Lowest - Andrew Linden: 0 (0%)

[12:10] Script Counter: Total Avatar Scripts - 512

Highest - Bronson Blackadder: 100 (20%)

Lowest - Andrew Linden: 0 (0%)

[12:11] Andrew Linden: I'm currently trying to put together the next maint-server and get it ready for testing.

[12:11] Andrew Linden: We might start testing today, but probably tomorrow.

[12:12] Andrew Linden: It includes Simon's llRegionSayTo() work

[12:12] Kallista Destiny: Simon that sends you to 400 M and then back, effectivlye clearing local cache

[12:12] Draconis Neurocam: ooh

[12:12] Andrew Linden: and also a potential fix for SVC-5880

[12:12] JIRA-helper: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-5880

[#SVC-5880] Vehicles "Jumping" when crossing prims

[12:12] Simon Linden: ah, ok

[12:12] Draconis Neurocam: thats much faster than i would have thought for the new function

[12:12] Andrew Linden: The 5880 work is probably the most risky part of this next project.

[12:13] Andrew Linden: and is something I wanted to talk about in this meeting

[12:14] Andrew Linden: As some of you know... back in the Havok4 upgrade around 2008.04 vehicles started jumping more noticably at the "seams" between abutted prims

[12:14] Andrew Linden: this is caused by the physics engine which can return collision info for the "hidden" faces where the prims touch

[12:15] Andrew Linden: to help reduce the problem for vehicles I introduced a "workaround"

[12:15] Andrew Linden: where the collisions of vehicles are examined as they are created, and some of them are dropped

[12:15] Andrew Linden: this reduces the problem (doesn't fully eliminate it)

[12:15] Andrew Linden: but introduced some other problems:

[12:15] Draconis Neurocam: is the extra check per collision costly?

[12:16] Andrew Linden: yes Draconis, one consequence is a little bit more CPU cost per vehicle

[12:16] Andrew Linden: but also it can cause vehicles to sometimes penetrate obstacles in their path

[12:17] Andrew Linden: so vehicles will sometims get stuck in walls, or snag on curbs

[12:17] Andrew Linden: and also very small vehicles can sometimes pass right through walls

[12:17] Fancy Greeter: Joshua Linden has arrived! (Or, returned?)

[12:17] Andrew Linden: Falcon was able to fix or reduce the collision with hidden faces in Havok7

[12:18] dantia Gothly: whats the collision box of the vehicle look like?

[12:18] Andrew Linden: he actually fixed it a while ago, but we didn't deploy it because we were worried about other things it might break

[12:18] Andrew Linden: however it became apparent that the fix was going to *have* to be part of mesh

[12:18] Andrew Linden: because it solved some other problem he was seeing there

[12:19] Draconis Neurocam: does his fix revert yours , reducing the cost per vehicle collision?

[12:19] Andrew Linden: so we decided to try to roll it out sooner and see what happens

[12:19] Andrew Linden: at the same time as the fix for the collision with hidden faces we're removing the aforementioned vehicle "workaround"

[12:19] Draconis Neurocam: ah good

[12:19] Andrew Linden: so we expect some vehicle behavior to change

[12:20] Kallista Destiny: for the better I hope.

[12:20] Andrew Linden: We're going to have to get some vehicle enthusiasts to test on aditi once we get it up there.

[12:20] Andrew Linden: Yeah, Kallista we hope it is all for the better.

[12:21] Andrew Linden: Here is what I expect to change for vehicles:

[12:21] Andrew Linden: (1) they will snag and penetrate walls and curbs less

[12:21] Andrew Linden: (2) they may start "jumping" at prim seams that are not quite lined up right

[12:22] Andrew Linden: that is, very small "curbs" or steps in the road may cause them to jump more than they did with the workaround

[12:22] Andrew Linden: we don't know how bad the problem will be

[12:22] Kallista Destiny: (2)would be the expected behavior.

[12:22] Andrew Linden: hence wi'll have to advertise and get people to test on aditi

[12:23] Draconis Neurocam: im sure you wont see too much bad from it, it sounds like an area people will be happy to see getting attention

[12:23] Andrew Linden: So, if you could spread the word to any vehicle creators you know that would help.

[12:23] Kallista Destiny: nods nods

[12:23] Andrew Linden: I'm sure we'll be communicating in other channels too, such as Oskar's User Group

[12:23] Oskar Linden: when are we getting this on ADITI?

[12:24] Andrew Linden: Oskar, I should have a channel up on aditi tomorrow

[12:24] Oskar Linden: ok

[12:24] Andrew Linden: Also, I'll probably ping a few vehicle creator's that I've talked to in the past.

[12:24] Andrew Linden: I'll dig through my old emails/

[12:25] Qie Niangao: I understand the earlier workaround was strictly for vehicles, but Falcon's H7 fix might also affect non-vehicle physics, right?

[12:25] Andrew Linden: Yes Qie. The workaround was vehicles only and his fix may help non-vehicles that slide down ramps with seams.

[12:25] Qie Niangao: Thanks.

[12:26] Jessica Lyon raises hand on a different topic.. o.0

[12:26] Andrew Linden: Yeah, I think that is all the news I've got.

[12:27] Andrew Linden: Oskar and Simon, if you have any news go ahead

[12:27] Andrew Linden: otherwise we'll open up the table for general discussion.

[12:27] Simon Linden: I don't have anything new

[12:27] Oskar Linden: hmm. I made steaks last night

[12:27] Jessica Lyon: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-6782 in what way is this being fixed.. what will the end result be? will prims made with this method become rendered?

[12:27] JIRA-helper: [#SVC-6782] Reproduced -> How to build a Ghost Prim

[12:27] Oskar Linden: but now LL news

[12:27] Oskar Linden: no

[12:27] Andrew Linden: Alright. Go ahead Jessica.

[12:28] Jessica Lyon: ty

[12:28] Jessica Lyon: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-6782 in what way is this being fixed.. what will the end result be? will prims made with this method become rendered?

[12:28] JIRA-helper: [#SVC-6782] Reproduced -> How to build a Ghost Prim

[12:29] Andrew Linden: That bug is caused by invalid shape parameters

[12:29] Jessica Lyon: right, but will the result be that these prims will become rendered?

[12:29] Jessica Lyon: The reason I ask, is because the bridge.. used on all phoenix users.. uses this method

[12:29] Draconis Neurocam: jess, if it did people would see the bridge attachment

[12:29] Draconis Neurocam: right

[12:29] Andrew Linden: the reason the object is invisible is that the viewer doesn't know how to generate the geometry for them.

[12:29] Jessica Lyon: it's not been fixed yet Drac

[12:29] Jessica Lyon: but it's about to be

[12:30] Andrew Linden: Yeah, the simulator will enforce valid params and will reset the invalid ones in this case.

[12:30] Jessica Lyon: so, the prims will become visible?

[12:30] Andrew Linden: So the prims will start to show up.

[12:30] Andrew Linden: Yes.

[12:30] Riku Highfield: People are gonna look funny

[12:30] Jessica Lyon: The reason I bring it up, is because you have over half the grid on the Phoenix viewer.. that's half the grid worth of users who are going to be wearing prim boxes around their waists

[12:30] ANSI Soderstrom: i crumple a new prim for the bridge if you will

[12:30] Andrew Linden: (this is fixed in the same code that has the vehicle collisions fixes)

[12:30] Oskar Linden: so after this gets fixed pheonix users will look funny?

[12:31] Oskar Linden: s/eo/oe/

[12:31] Kallista Destiny: Jessica make it the smallest possible sphere, and 100% transparent.

[12:31] Andrew Linden: It is unfortunate that people jumped on that misfeature.

[12:31] Jessica Lyon: which means, we will need to push a release out with a new bridge asap

[12:31] Riku Highfield: Kalista, that would e possble, but only for new ersion.

[12:32] Jessica Lyon: the only way we can fix this is with a new viewer release

[12:32] Riku Highfield: new versions*

[12:32] Jessica Lyon: also, there are likely thousnads of builds on the grid using similar built prims for content

[12:32] Jessica Lyon: which will also be broken

[12:32] Andrew Linden: yes

[12:32] ANSI Soderstrom: dont right click me please

[12:33] dantia Gothly: people are going to have to update

[12:33] Jessica Lyon: well, this misfeature has been in use for at least 3 years.

[12:33] Andrew Linden: What kind of update frequency do you see in Phoenix? Do people tend to stick to very old versions?

[12:34] Jessica Lyon: we have a great deal of users on older PHoenix builds, though the majority is on latest.

[12:34] Jessica Lyon: I'd say there's likely about 100,000 on older builds

[12:34] Andrew Linden: the "bridge"... is it a big object? or small?

[12:34] dantia Gothly: Prompt them with a new version update at login.

[12:34] Jessica Lyon: this would certainly boost adoption of the latest build I suppose but it's going to be an absolute nightmare

[12:34] Jessica Lyon: it's the size of a standard prim

[12:35] Andrew Linden: ok, so it will probably show up as a 0.5m diameter sphere

[12:35] Kallista Destiny: Yeah. the bridge is a .5M sphere

[12:35] Riku Highfield: In other words, you are going to brek existing content, much of which does not have the creator around to releas updates anyways?

[12:35] Jessica Lyon: this is what the users will look like

[12:35] Jessica Lyon: half the grid.. it's going to be fun

[12:35] Andrew Linden: except it will be spherical

[12:35] ANSI Soderstrom: well see

[12:35] Jessica Lyon: right, like this lol

[12:35] Flip Idlemind: As if we don't have enough people wearing random boxes

[12:35] Andrew Linden: what? you didn't also put a transparent texture on that bridge?

[12:36] TankMaster Teichmann: im gathering we didnt

[12:36] Draconis Neurocam: transparency of 100% would be better than the extra texture

[12:36] Jessica Lyon: didn't need to, the bridge doesn't have any faces

[12:36] Kallista Destiny: no it has the plywood

[12:36] Jessica Lyon: which is why it doesn't render

[12:37] Andrew Linden: hrm...

[12:37] Andrew Linden: what service does the bridge supply?

[12:37] Fancy Greeter: Kelly Linden has arrived! (Or, returned?)

[12:37] Riku Highfield: Even if it weren't for the bridge... You are effectively breaking *existing content*

[12:37] Andrew Linden: (and why didn't you put it on some HUD point?)

[12:37] TankMaster Teichmann: allwas the client to pass lslscripts inworld

[12:37] Jessica Lyon: bridge provides improved accuracy for positional data on the build in Radar, as well it provides llMoveToTarget double click tp's

[12:37] TankMaster Teichmann: improvinf the functionality of the viewer

[12:37] Oskar Linden: we broke some existing crashing content the other week

[12:38] Draconis Neurocam: at the time i believe it was made with doubling of the existing attachment points which i believe was not possible with the hud

[12:38] Vernes Veranes: I wonder howmany steps can be made while the asset with faulty geometrics are converted by the server. (like, setting a texture or transparency?)

[12:38] Qie Niangao: the bridge doesn't have a PIN set for llRemoteLoadScriptPin, by any chance?

[12:38] ANSI Soderstrom: :)

[12:38] Andrew Linden: do you name the bridge something specific?

[12:38] Riku Highfield: Crashing content is one thing.... Useful content is another.

[12:38] Jessica Lyon: well, had we put it on hud, users wouldn't be able to see with this fix. So probably better it's worn on the avatar

[12:38] Andrew Linden: the viewer creates it right on login, right?

[12:38] ANSI Soderstrom: did you ever visited a sandbox with 20 of this prims around you ?

[12:38] TankMaster Teichmann: putting it on the hud maks it so that you cant click inworld at that point

[12:38] Jessica Lyon: the viewer creates it on login yes

[12:38] Jessica Lyon: using the Import capability

[12:38] ANSI Soderstrom: without doubleclick teleport ?

[12:39] Jessica Lyon: it's file name varies depending on it's version

[12:39] TankMaster Teichmann: yes, the viewer builds the prim on login if a) there isnt one already and b) your in a rezzable land area

[12:39] Kallista Destiny: #LSL<->Client Bridge V n.mm

[12:39] Kallista Destiny: sorry LC V

[12:39] Jessica Lyon: ^

[12:39] Flip Idlemind: #LSL<->Client Bridge v0.12

[12:39] Kallista Destiny: current is v 0.12

[12:40] Simon Linden: Here's a possibility: what if we fudge the texture and transparency when it's 'fixed' server side?

[12:40] Simon Linden: The logic being something like:

[12:40] Simon Linden: if we have to fix the shape, and it's texture is plywood, make it transparent

[12:40] Draconis Neurocam: setting it to 100 transparent would make the most sense, is the fix going to effect other prims with non visible faces, or just the sphere type?

[12:40] Jessica Lyon: that wouldn't be unreasonable I suppose, it would at least give us time to get another release out and propagate it through the user base

[12:40] Vernes Veranes: Simon, sounds logical, since the thing is invisible in the first place anyway.

[12:40] Kallista Destiny: can you also make it a 1 CM sphere

[12:41] Jessica Lyon: Drac, I expect, all

[12:41] Riku Highfield: Ansi, I don't ned to... I o to ay plac in-wold andif it' busy nough have 0 Phoenix users around me, thus making me have 20 such prims.

[12:41] Jessica Lyon: There has been a lot of artwork made in sl using these prims

[12:41] Jessica Lyon: they will be destroyed

[12:41] Simon Linden: Right, we might be able to match the scale if there's some valid data showing the approximate size in the twisted/invalid shape

[12:41] Andrew Linden: I think this fix is for spheres specifically since that is the test case we had.

[12:41] Riku Highfield: 20*

[12:41] ANSI Soderstrom: thanks for this info @ riku

[12:42] Andrew Linden: But if there are other faceless shapes we may eventually break those.

[12:42] Vernes Veranes: Jessica, as some sort of linked-set trick to span a distance or something?

[12:42] Jessica Lyon: let me send you a bridge prim, Andrew and Simon

[12:42] Jessica Lyon: just make sure you have edit open when you rez it

[12:42] Draconis Neurocam: there are, you would probably need someone using a version of phoenix to create the other prims without visible faces

[12:42] TankMaster Teichmann: we get region info via minimap info, and enhanced by lsl scripts in the bridge

[12:43] Jessica Lyon: oh, and it's temp...

[12:43] Andrew Linden: Thanks Jessica.

[12:43] Riku Highfield: It lldie(); 's if rezzed :P

[12:43] Jessica Lyon: this was so that users who rez the bridge.. don't clutter regions because they couldn't find it after

[12:43] Jessica Lyon: oh damn, Riku ya.. i forgot about that too

[12:43] Simon Linden: I can turn off scripts if needed

[12:43] Andrew Linden: No worries. I'll be able to examine it.

[12:44] Jessica Lyon: I can send you an older bridge, that didn't have the llDie

[12:44] Jessica Lyon: 0.06

[12:44] Andrew Linden: The size of the prim... is it important?

[12:45] Jessica Lyon: nope

[12:45] TankMaster Teichmann: no

[12:45] Andrew Linden: er... the size of the bridge

[12:45] Riku Highfield: Afaik, no...

[12:45] Andrew Linden: ok

[12:45] Jessica Lyon: if you were to resize it and make it transparent server side.. that would be perfect

[12:45] Jessica Lyon: would eliminate the issue

[12:45] Andrew Linden: Well, for the specific "bridge" case we may be able to provide some temporary special case handling to minimize avatar damage.

[12:45] Jessica Lyon: Our next viewer release, we'll create a new bridge prim without using the misfeature

[12:46] Jessica Lyon: we can just make it a small prim, full alpha

[12:46] Simon Linden: These are all attachments, correct?

[12:46] Jessica Lyon: correct

[12:46] Andrew Linden: However for other objects in-world that are using the misfeature they would still start showing up

[12:46] Flip Idlemind: What would constitute a valid reason to just leave this alone (i.e. not "fix" it)

[12:46] Andrew Linden: I'm not against setting them transparent

[12:46] Simon Linden: That's good, so we don't have to worry about being phantom or anything

[12:46] Jessica Lyon: I hope it doesn't break too much content :/

[12:47] Andrew Linden: they will at least be visible with "show transparency" which is what we want

[12:47] Kallista Destiny: and they attach to an unusual point named 'Bridge'

[12:48] Andrew Linden: I think that the physics engine gives them some fundamental shape, probably a box, for collisions.

[12:48] Jessica Lyon: they attach at a special attachment point only in phoenix called bridge

[12:48] Andrew Linden: Hrm... or maybe it is a sphere, since we don't use the actual render geometry for those anymore in the physics engine.

[12:48] NielArcher: ahhh, I just realised that's the one script I have that I've been unable to find \o/

[12:48] ANSI Soderstrom: can you stop to right click me please

[12:48] Jessica Lyon: lol Niel

[12:48] Andrew Linden: So, to answer FLIP's question...

[12:48] Jessica Lyon: it uses very very little script time

[12:48] NielArcher: been looking for two days now

[12:49] Kallista Destiny chuckles

[12:49] Andrew Linden: a hypothetical solution that leaves the misfeature in place is to fix the Official viewer to be able to see the invisible prims

[12:49] Andrew Linden: that is, not render them unless "highlight transparent" is enabled

[12:50] Kallista Destiny: ahhhh

[12:50] Draconis Neurocam: just give it a face i would assume

[12:50] Jessica Lyon: ^

[12:50] Riku Highfield thnks tht woul be prferable.

[12:50] Andrew Linden: That shifts the burden of the fix to the viewer rather than the simulator

[12:50] Andrew Linden: which can just ignore the invalid params

[12:50] Riku Highfield: Grrr, lag typos

[12:50] Jessica Lyon: that would be the best solution I think Andrew, good thinking

[12:51] Jessica Lyon: This way, content doesn't get broken, and users can still see the prims if transparent is enabled

[12:51] Draconis Neurocam: it doesnt really seem a server issue, considering it is rendering related anyway

[12:51] Kallista Destiny: Exactly A properly distributed solution.

[12:51] Andrew Linden: However, I don't do much dev work in the viewer. I don't know how easy it is to insert that kind of switch in the render pipeline.

[12:52] Jessica Lyon: it would certainly be the best of both worlds though

[12:52] TankMaster Teichmann: llRenderBadStuff=true

[12:52] Andrew Linden: I'll ask some of the other devs to see what they think.

[12:52] Andrew Linden: If we decide to use a viewer solution then it won't be hard to back out the changes in the simulator: it won't delay the other fixes in that project.

[12:52] Draconis Neurocam: thats good

[12:52] Flip Idlemind: If it were up to me (and yeah I know, it's not) I'd look into all options before putting balls on a bunch of people :O

[12:53] Riku Highfield stage whispers "Jess, you can take off the prim."

[12:53] Jessica Lyon: just did lol

[12:53] Jessica Lyon: Andrew, Simon, thank you both very much for taking this into consideration

[12:54] Andrew Linden: Well, it is good to see these User Group meetings working.

[12:54] TankMaster Teichmann: yep :)

[12:54] Jessica Lyon: it would be a very ugly mess, had all phoenix users ended up with visible spheres around their avatars.

[12:54] Jessica Lyon: and I'll give my word to make a different bridge for the next phoenix release, and all futures

[12:54] Draconis Neurocam: this one i think is one of the ones that gets the most accomplisted i would thinkg

[12:55] Andrew Linden: That would help Jessica. If we fix it viewer side then the spheres would still show up in "show transparency" mode.

[12:55] Oskar Linden: I would have lol'd jessica

[12:55] Draconis Neurocam: same oskar

[12:55] Jessica Lyon: lol Oskar, oh I KNOW you would have

[12:55] Oskar Linden: we could have put a nice textured SL logo on it

[12:55] TankMaster Teichmann: hehe

[12:55] Jessica Lyon: lol

[12:55] Oskar Linden: maybe a phoenix logo

[12:55] NielArcher: I'd of lmfao, oh wait, it already went

[12:55] TankMaster Teichmann: i havent a doubt oskar would :P

[12:56] Oskar Linden: it would be like a 4square badge

[12:56] Oskar Linden: everyone would want one

[12:56] Oskar Linden: it was a great marketing opportunity

[12:56] Oskar Linden: ruined now

[12:56] Draconis Neurocam: the new hit item on the markeplace

[12:56] Andrew Linden: Yeah, that might drive some conversions to Phoenix.

[12:56] Draconis Neurocam: market*

[12:56] Oskar Linden: would have

[12:56] Jessica Lyon: lol,Our support would quit.. i swear!

[12:56] Andrew Linden: You could use the "star bellied sneetch" dynamic.

[12:56] ANSI Soderstrom: .....

[12:56] Oskar Linden: support could have glowing spheres

[12:56] Jessica Lyon: lol

[12:56] Oskar Linden: then everyone would want to be in support

[12:57] Jessica Lyon: not so sure about that!

[12:57] Kallista Destiny: You can tell that Oskar was raised in California.

[12:57] Oskar Linden: nope... I was just homeschooled

[12:57] Jessica Lyon: The thought of explaining to our user base why they have plywood spheres around there waists makes me shudder in fear

[12:57] Kallista Destiny: no 4 square, only played in California as far as I know.

[12:57] Oskar Linden: I meant the web app

[12:58] Kallista Destiny: lols

[12:58] Draconis Neurocam: its not kalista, im on the east coast and i know of the game and the app

[12:58] Oskar Linden: and I played 4square as a kid in Georgia too

[12:58] Jessica Lyon: We're going to try and get a phoenix release out within the next week or two.

[12:58] Oskar Linden derails this meeting

[12:58] Oskar Linden: *sorry*

[12:58] Riku Highfield plays four square inCanada

[12:58] TankMaster Teichmann: bad oskar :P

[12:58] Draconis Neurocam: its over anyway

[12:58] Draconis Neurocam: time wise

[12:58] Oskar Linden: well it is now

[12:58] Jessica Lyon: Thank you guys!

[12:58] ANSI Soderstrom: save our bears !

[12:59] Andrew Linden: Yeah we're at the end.

[12:59] Jessica Lyon: and sorry to have over stepped my turn

[12:59] TankMaster Teichmann: yes, thx for your time and dedication, guys :)

[12:59] NielArcher: Jessica, what's the build number on next release?

[12:59] Jessica Lyon: Hit enter too soon >.<

[12:59] Andrew Linden: Thanks for bringing it up Jessica.

[12:59] NielArcher: is 977 beta final yet?

[12:59] Kallista Destiny: I'm a service brat and nevr saw it in Virgina, Alaska, Illinois or Florida.

[12:59] Jessica Lyon: We won't know until we pass qa Niel

[12:59] Simon Linden: That was a good one to get right before it hit the fan

[12:59] TankMaster Teichmann: dunno what the build number will be cus its not there yet :P

[12:59] TankMaster Teichmann: its at around 1010 now

[12:59] Jessica Lyon: Ya, when I saw the fix pending, I had to get in here asap

[13:00] Kallista Destiny: I'm running the 1000 build.

[13:00] NielArcher: okay, I'm still on 977. just wondering if there was an update I missed ;-)

[13:00] ANSI Soderstrom: 977 here

[13:00] Andrew Linden: Ok, I've got to go get some food.

[13:00] Andrew Linden: Thanks for coming everyone.

[13:00] Oskar Linden: i'm outta here!

[13:00] Qie Niangao: Thanks Andrew, Simon, so, Josh.

[13:00] Kallista Destiny: Thank you Andrew

[13:00] ANSI Soderstrom: take care all

[13:00] Meeter: Welcome to the Server User Group

[13:00] Draconis Neurocam: take care andrew, simon, and oskar

[13:00] Jessica Lyon: Niel, not yet.. we'll have the release on our blog

[13:00] Jessica Lyon: and our support groups

[13:00] Andrew Linden: Hrm... we should reste the time on that Meeter.

[13:00] Simon Linden: Thanks everyone for coming and the good discussion

[13:01] NielArcher: meh, I try to avoid blogs ;-)

[13:01] Script Counter: Total Avatar Scripts - 738

Highest - Riku Highfield: 227 (31%)

Lowest - Andrew Linden: 0 (0%)

[13:01] ANSI Soderstrom: thanks for stopping by somin

[13:01] ANSI Soderstrom: simon

[13:01] Kallista Destiny: Most Productive

[13:01] NielArcher: like youtube, they derail my plans for an evening

[13:01] Riku Highfield: o.o

[13:01] Draconis Neurocam: jess it would have been hilarious if they put that image of your face i made on it



Simulator_User_Group

Prev 2011.04.09 Next 2011.04.15