Simulator User Group/Transcripts/2011.10.04

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Simulator_User_Group

Prev 2011.09.30 Next 2011.10.07

List of Speakers

Andrew Linden Annie Obscure AnnMarie Otoole
Asterion Coen Cora Heslop Imaze Rhiano
Joke Bubble Kadah Coba Kallista Destiny
Kaluura Boa Kelly Linden Krull Quar
Leonel Iceghost Liisa Runo lonetorus Habilis
Qie Niangao Questar Utu Rex Cronon
Sahkolihaa Contepomi Simon Linden Squirrel Wood
TankMaster Finesmith Vincent Nacon

Transcript

[11:59] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Hey Andrew.

[11:59] Leonel Iceghost: hey there

[11:59] Kaluura Boa: Evening...

[11:59] Andrew Linden: hello

[11:59] Vincent Nacon: heya

[12:00] Krull Quar: hello all

[12:00] Vincent Nacon: are you ok AnnMarie?

[12:00] Meeter: Welcome to the Server User Group

[12:00] Vincent Nacon: look like you're ....uhh wetting yourself

[12:00] AnnMarie Otoole: Fantabulous, thanks

[12:00] Liisa Runo: wet hair

[12:00] Vincent Nacon: ah

[12:00] AnnMarie Otoole: Oh yes, lol

[12:02] Andrew Linden: Looks like we had an update of LeTirge this week.

[12:02] Andrew Linden: Which was a maint-server with some various bug fixes.

[12:02] Vincent Nacon: yup, plus grid restart

[12:03] Simon Linden: I think there were a few LSL fixes in there too

[12:03] Andrew Linden: Which means SVC-7305 should be fixed everywhere. I haven't heard confirmation yet.

[12:03] JIRA-helper: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7305

[#SVC-7305] the PRIM_PHYSICS switch for llSetPrimitiveParams and associated functions is broken

[12:03] Object: Hello, Avatar!

[12:03] Simon Linden: Is that already in the other RCs?

[12:04] Simon Linden: If not, it will be by tomorrow morning

[12:04] Object: Hello, Avatar!

[12:04] Liisa Runo: and here is the summary http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Deploys-for-the-week-of-2011-10-03/td-p/1144729

[12:04] Vincent Nacon: yup, works

[12:04] Andrew Linden: Yes, that particular bug fix should be on all RC's already.

[12:04] Andrew Linden: Thanks for the confirmation Vincent.

[12:04] Vincent Nacon: np

[12:04] Kaluura Boa: Look like to be working...

[12:05] Krull Quar: I spent several days developing an airplane mesh and the darn thing does not behave on import it look inside out or something

[12:05] Krull Quar: Is that a technology issue

[12:05] Krull Quar: Hiya Rex

[12:05] Rex Cronon: hello everybody

[12:05] Rex Cronon: hi krull

[12:06] Andrew Linden: perhaps Krull. We'll revisit that question in a minute.

[12:06] Krull Quar: okies

[12:06] Andrew Linden: I've been thinking about the llGiveMoney() problems we talked about last Friday

[12:07] TankMaster Finesmith: woot, free useless stuff

[12:07] Andrew Linden: I don't have a very good idea of how to just fix the throttle

[12:07] Liisa Runo: talked with Kelly about it since yesterday? He said he will give us the money_given()

[12:07] Vincent Nacon: well he didn't say he would give us it... he'd look into it

[12:07] Andrew Linden: so I was wondering how hard it would be to fix it right... add an associated event

[12:08] Andrew Linden: I'll have to ask Kelly how hard that would be. Later today.

[12:08] Rex Cronon: imo money_deliverd(uuid user, int value) sounds better:)

[12:08] Andrew Linden: Oh, Kelly says he'll make one? excellent

[12:08] Rex Cronon: money_delivered*

[12:08] Vincent Nacon: he said he'd look into it

[12:08] Leonel Iceghost: webpage history knows about payments.. how hard it would be to request that data?

[12:08] Andrew Linden: hrm... that would still be ambiguous...

[12:09] Andrew Linden: the money transaction needs a UUID

[12:09] Vincent Nacon: but yeah, it's hopeful

[12:09] Andrew Linden: you could pay twice to the same person, and one might succeed but the other fail

[12:09] Rex Cronon: u merge key of sender with key of receiver to get a new uuid:)

[12:10] Leonel Iceghost: in transaction history they have UUIDs I think

[12:10] Krull Quar: Oh my

[12:10] Joke Bubble: hi ^^

[12:10] Vincent Nacon: I dunno about UUID but their names, for sure

[12:10] Krull Quar: I assume the UUID is generted (After) the transaction?

[12:10] Andrew Linden: the llGiveMoney() call (or some new call) would have to return the transaction_id, and the event would be supplied with that transaction_id

[12:10] Vincent Nacon: heya

[12:11] Andrew Linden: no Krull, the transaction_id would have to be assigned before the transaction succeeds

[12:11] Krull Quar: I see

[12:11] Andrew Linden: and is merely used to lookup the right payment event when it returns its status

[12:11] Rex Cronon: hi

[12:12] Andrew Linden: well, I'm glad Kelly is thinking about it. I'll ask him for an update sometime soon.

[12:12] Krull Quar: So the ID is generated as soon as the (Pay) button is pressed

[12:13] AnnMarie Otoole: (And there are sufficient funds?)

[12:13] Andrew Linden: Yes, we already use transaction_id's internally, even for the llGiveMoney() call

[12:13] Andrew Linden: That's all for my news, so the table is open.

[12:13] Andrew Linden: Krull, you had an issue with a mesh upload?

[12:13] Krull Quar: yes

[12:13] Krull Quar: I can show you the result if you like

[12:13] Andrew Linden: what modelling program did you use to generate the mesh?

[12:14] Andrew Linden: sure, rez it for us to see

[12:14] TankMaster Finesmith: and what viewer did you use to upload?

[12:14] Krull Quar: Ok, Maya 2010 64 bit

[12:15] Andrew Linden: Yeah, it seems to be missing the fuselage

[12:15] Krull Quar: yes but the fuselage is part of the model

[12:16] Andrew Linden: was the fueselage visible when you were uploading / selecting collision shape options?

[12:16] Krull Quar: No it was not

[12:16] Squirrel Wood: Is it actually in the collada file ?

[12:16] Krull Quar: It should be it was exported directly from Maya

[12:17] Vincent Nacon: did you have 8 materials and under?

[12:17] Andrew Linden: That sounds like the right place to check first... make sure it was in the upload file

[12:17] Simon Linden: One thing to try is re-importing the collada file into another program and see what's there

[12:17] TankMaster Finesmith: humm, looking at the window frame up front, i see 1/2 is black when looking from they outside and transparent on the inside, and its reversed when looking from inside

[12:17] Krull Quar: The entire jet was 1 piece

[12:17] Andrew Linden: however, I'm not sure I can read collada format. It is XML but I would guess that it would be rather verbose with lots of point data

[12:18] Krull Quar: 39K verts

[12:18] Andrew Linden: if the fuselage piece had a unique name in the modelling file then maybe the colladea output would have that name there

[12:18] Imaze Rhiano: is landing gear visible in some point - or why it is modelled too?

[12:18] Krull Quar: There is no landing gear because the gear will retract separately

[12:18] Questar Utu: o.o

[12:18] Krull Quar: No control surfaces euither just space for them

[12:19] Andrew Linden: Interestingly... some parts of this model are not rendering right... backfacing triangles or something

[12:19] Vincent Nacon: it may sounds like you have too much materials applied on the model

[12:19] Qie Niangao: there's some fantastically complicated clump of stuff, sort of where the nosegear would be.

[12:19] Krull Quar: ok if you look yonder you will another jet I uploaded

[12:20] Andrew Linden: You can see the invisible triangles when you select it.

[12:20] Krull Quar: Yes

[12:20] Vincent Nacon: face flipped

[12:20] Imaze Rhiano: would be great if mesh uploaded would give messages like "too many materials" ... or... "this and this vertices have too many weights" ....

[12:20] Simon Linden: Could you raise it up a bit? I'd like to make sure the table isn't hiding anything interesting

[12:20] TankMaster Finesmith: or "your doing it wrong, try again"

[12:20] Andrew Linden: wow, that jet has a lot of triangles

[12:21] Krull Quar: yes

[12:21] Kadah Coba: Very high PE :o

[12:21] Joke Bubble: ty simon :F

[12:21] Andrew Linden: You selected some simplified collision shape options, right Krull?

[12:21] Krull Quar: I am not entirely familiar with the option yet

[12:21] Imaze Rhiano: how you see vert count in SL?

[12:21] TankMaster Finesmith: 51 pe? thats not that bad

[12:22] Vincent Nacon: I like your answer, Tank

[12:22] Vincent Nacon: "doing it wrong"

[12:22] Krull Quar: If you see the larger plane I rezzed over the railing I had no trouble with that one

[12:22] Vincent Nacon: it's 51 PE in that size now.....

[12:23] Vincent Nacon: it's gonna be much higher when it's in normal rato scale

[12:23] Andrew Linden: the larger jet is 1002 PE

[12:23] Kadah Coba: The PE on the other one is 1002

[12:23] Vincent Nacon: ratio*

[12:23] Krull Quar: If I lose the wheel I will reduce the PE

[12:23] Krull Quar: Wheels*

[12:23] Simon Linden: wow, that big one looks great

[12:23] Vincent Nacon: so yeah... I like Tank's answer

[12:23] Krull Quar: ty

[12:23] Krull Quar: Took me nearly a week

[12:23] Joke Bubble: i see just a box :p

[12:23] Krull Quar: The texturing is murder

[12:23] Joke Bubble: on my head -.-'

[12:24] Vincent Nacon: you're on the non-mesh viewer

[12:24] Liisa Runo: cut box

[12:24] Andrew Linden: Well, I dunno about this other one Krull. The place to look first is the file submitted for upload.

[12:24] Joke Bubble: yeap

[12:24] TankMaster Finesmith: wow thats an impressive mesh moddle

[12:24] Joke Bubble: phooenix rocks

[12:24] Joke Bubble: :F

[12:24] Krull Quar: Ok I will give it another look

[12:24] Andrew Linden: You'd have to provide that file for us to examine, but even then I couldn't gaurantee I'd be able to understand it.

[12:24] Vincent Nacon: you can say that to Tank, Joke

[12:24] Andrew Linden: I haven't examined collada data visually yet.

[12:24] Krull Quar: In what format would you like it?

[12:24] Joke Bubble: whos tank?

[12:24] Vincent Nacon: that guy over there

[12:24] TankMaster Finesmith: im tank

[12:25] Vincent Nacon: he's a developer for the Phoenix project

[12:25] Joke Bubble: firestorm sucks but phoenix rocks fix it pls

[12:25] Joke Bubble: :p

[12:25] Andrew Linden: Although I believe it is in XML format... so maybe3 parsable by human eyes.

[12:25] Joke Bubble: :F

[12:25] Squirrel Wood: xml it is

[12:25] TankMaster Finesmith: we have mesh working in phoenix now, just waiting on some other things before we release it as a final build for pubic use

[12:25] Joke Bubble: yeey!

[12:25] Asterion Coen: hello girls and boys

[12:26] Vincent Nacon: heya

[12:26] TankMaster Finesmith: but no mesh upload for phoe yet

[12:26] Rex Cronon: hello grandpa:)

[12:26] Joke Bubble: mesh still isnt popular like that so u have lots of time

[12:26] Joke Bubble: :))

[12:26] Asterion Coen: hey bighat ;)

[12:27] Vincent Nacon: alrighty, now about the llSetPhysicMaterials... could it be broken into a list instead of requiring all float data?

[12:27] TankMaster Finesmith: mesh isn't all that popular yet because 1/2 the people on the grid still can't see it do tot he viewer they use

[12:27] Imaze Rhiano: there was/is coming server OS update?

[12:27] Joke Bubble: and they are using phoenix:p

[12:28] TankMaster Finesmith: they have already started on the OS upgrade for the simulator

[12:28] Cora Heslop: pardon my crashing landing. =)

[12:28] Krull Quar: Hi cora

[12:29] Joke Bubble: hon im going for hug lisa ^.^

[12:29] Vincent Nacon: Andrew, no one has created a wiki page for it yet

[12:29] Vincent Nacon: but here's this

[12:29] Joke Bubble: lisa ^.^

[12:29] Vincent Nacon: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Talk:Beta/LeTigre

[12:29] Joke Bubble: Huggies!

[12:29] Squirrel Wood: So it is a possibility

[12:29] Vincent Nacon: not much

[12:29] Squirrel Wood: but not yet reality?

[12:29] Joke Bubble: Huggies!

[12:30] Andrew Linden: Yeah, I heard a rumor that we didn't have any docs on llSetPhysicsMaterial() yet

[12:30] Andrew Linden: that seems to be the case

[12:30] Object: Hello, Avatar!

[12:30] Meeter: Timecheck : User Group is half over

[12:30] TankMaster Finesmith: Hello, Object!

[12:30] Object: Touched.

[12:30] Andrew Linden: Heh, of course, no tooltip for the viewer yet either.

[12:30] Andrew Linden: Bummer

[12:31] TankMaster Finesmith: you on 3.1?

[12:31] Andrew Linden: No, I'm on 3.0.3. Is the tooltip in 3.1?

[12:31] TankMaster Finesmith: yes

[12:31] TankMaster Finesmith: just incremented to 3.1 today

[12:31] Annie Obscure: sorry, student calling.

[12:32] Squirrel Wood: Second Life 3.1.1 (242283) Oct 4 2011 04:10:14 (Second Life Development)

[12:32] Vincent Nacon: about time, it was driving me nut without it in Firestorm

[12:32] Andrew Linden: ok, well sorry I don't know why it doesn't take a list. We'll have to bug Falcon with that question.

[12:32] Andrew Linden: And ask him if he has any plans for adding a listy method.

[12:33] Vincent Nacon: alrighty, cool

[12:33] Leonel Iceghost: Andrew I've been thinking about sim crossing, is that still a current project or you droped it already?

[12:33] Vincent Nacon: table's open again

[12:33] TankMaster Finesmith: i know LL has plans for a major UI update in 3.1 also

[12:33] Krull Quar: Mmmmmm delicious Heirarchical control :D

[12:33] Squirrel Wood: that is the result of physics based point cloud scanner :)

[12:33] Andrew Linden: Leonel, it was something that I wanted to work on. I was asked to work on something else before I could get to it.

[12:34] Leonel Iceghost: what's wrong with having two sims calculating your position when you are 10m near a border, it would requiere two full conections to the viewer with both sims.. and the viewer deliveratelly not paing attention to the one the avatar is not in...

[12:34] Simon Linden: There is some sim-crossing work going into QA right now, I'm not sure when it will see an RC. It's ground-work for more improvements and not an immediate improvement

[12:34] Andrew Linden: Leonel, it isn't the position calculation that is the problem... it is the transmission of the attachment data.

[12:34] TankMaster Finesmith: improving improvements is nice

[12:34] Krull Quar: Being able to programmatically detect the name of an adjacent sim would be handy for flying instruments

[12:35] Squirrel Wood: Its not about the client but that the sims know when to handle the handover

[12:35] Andrew Linden: We don't yet have a pipeline for sending partial data across borders

[12:35] Leonel Iceghost: also there could be a "priority list" to send vehicle scripts first, then scripts with control perms, and then the rest... that way if you are in a vehicle it transfers really fast, and you got the connection with the sim already... that plus the work Falkon want's to do to put sims together physically closer would minimize sim crossing to a half sec.. or what it takes to transfer that one vehicle script

[12:35] Andrew Linden: and attachments with scripts have to save script state at the last minute

[12:35] Leonel Iceghost: even better than control perms would be to check control event being handled, that way you don't pay attention to scripts requesting to overcome no script parcels

[12:35] Liisa Runo: could take a look at SCR-218 while poking crossings

[12:35] JIRA-helper: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SCR-218

[#SCR-218] moving_end get triggered on sim border crossing

[12:36] Andrew Linden: if we had a way to send most of the data, then send updates for anything that had changed then yes, we could pre-send most of the data and speed up the final transition

[12:36] Leonel Iceghost: what data?

[12:36] Leonel Iceghost: script states?

[12:36] Squirrel Wood: try that with people who wear 24 MiB of scripts :p

[12:36] Andrew Linden: Liisa, is that a new bug that showed up recently?

[12:36] Liisa Runo: yes

[12:36] AnnMarie Otoole: Is there any reason the viewer could not freezed during transfer instead of continuing the last known motion?

[12:37] Andrew Linden: ok, thanks for the head's up

[12:37] Simon Linden: yeah, one big problem is that most of the data is script states, and that's not easy to get piecemeal

[12:37] Leonel Iceghost: Simon, even if it is not easy, there is no need to send them all

[12:37] Leonel Iceghost: did you read what I wrote?

[12:37] Simon Linden: AnnMarie - yes, that's definitely a possibility. I also with the viewer would just predict a lag for the motion path

[12:37] Leonel Iceghost: first vehicle scripts

[12:37] Kaluura Boa: And what about when you're at a corner with 3 neighboring sims?

[12:38] Krull Quar: Is there anywhere I can readup on what takes place during a sim crossing

[12:38] TankMaster Finesmith: what happens in a region crossing is all done in voodoo

[12:39] Cora Heslop: -.-

[12:39] AnnMarie Otoole: If we could feeze on crossing, 80% of the problem awareness would be gone.

[12:39] Andrew Linden: I don't think we have a public document about region crossings. There may be some details in previous User Group meetings that would clarify it.

[12:39] Krull Quar: Ok ty

[12:39] Leonel Iceghost: so what's wrong with the idea of the priority list?

[12:40] Andrew Linden: Leonel, priority list for region crossings?

[12:41] Leonel Iceghost: [12:35:07] Leonel Iceghost: also there could be a "priority list" to send vehicle scripts first, then scripts with control perms, and then the rest... that way if you are in a vehicle it transfers really fast, and you got the connection with the sim already... that plus the work Falkon want's to do to put sims together physically closer would minimize sim crossing to a half sec.. or what it takes to transfer that one vehicle script

[12:41] Leonel Iceghost: [12:35:39] Leonel Iceghost: even better than control perms would be to check control event being handled, that way you don't pay attention to scripts requesting to overcome no script parcels

[12:41] Krull Quar: What if my script shut itself down as it neared a crossing and kicked in again on the other side would that make for a smoother crossing

[12:42] Kadah Coba: Maybe the NPC system plans should be extended to cover vehicles? :o

[12:42] Simon Linden: Personally I'd prefer to put efforts into making large regions so you could drvie/sail/fly without crossings than struggling to get some milliseconds faster, but that's personal opinion and not what I'm working on

[12:42] Kadah Coba: +1 on mega regions.

[12:42] Andrew Linden: I don't see an easy way to actually have the object run partially on two different regions... all sorts of ways things could go wrong.

[12:42] Squirrel Wood: could we perhaps get a llNoPersist option to define whether a script needs to save its state or not ? Many scripts don't really need state saves anyway :)

[12:42] Leonel Iceghost: some milliseconds? to send one script instead of 200 would save a lot more than that I think

[12:42] Imaze Rhiano: waaaaait... did Linden just said MEEEEEGA REGIONS!!!

[12:43] Asterion Coen: great! let's have a 4096x4096 regions :)

[12:43] Cora Heslop: yeah..I know that....called "saddle vehicle" crossings. =)

[12:43] Andrew Linden: If you have intercommunicating scripts, and you have half on one region and the half on the other... they're going to break, or we'd have to go through great contortions to allow them to talk to each other.

[12:43] Kadah Coba: From what I remember, its not a huge amount of changes required to the viewer to support variable sized regions.

[12:43] Leonel Iceghost: run in different regions no.. start running in different batches

[12:43] Imaze Rhiano: wait until all estate owners hear this ... they are going to love it :PPP

[12:43] Simon Linden: We've brainstormed the idea for scripts that don't need to save state, but the 2nd region still needs to get the bytecode and start it running, so it's less of a win that you'd expect

[12:43] Andrew Linden: Really, it seems easier to fix it a different way.

[12:43] Vincent Nacon: yeah but all in one big square area?

[12:43] lonetorus Habilis: simon, i proposed to falcon that he implement dyson spheres for sims

[12:44] AnnMarie Otoole: If you want a total solution, the avatar server should be processing LSL so no transfer is needed.

[12:44] Squirrel Wood: It may be less of a win but still a small win.

[12:44] Squirrel Wood: one step at a time :)

[12:44] Simon Linden: I was going for a mobius strip, myself ... connect the N edge to S, E to W, with a twist

[12:44] Leonel Iceghost: I'm not saying half in one region and half in another, just stop them all, and start to send them in batches

[12:45] TankMaster Finesmith: lol simon

[12:45] Andrew Linden: we still have to send them all... I don't see how that helps, especially if they all stop for the duration

[12:45] Kelly Linden: LSL is too tied into the simulation. It would take another scripting/programming solution to enable out of process scripting.

[12:46] Leonel Iceghost: it helps because you can move.. with the vehicle script already working

[12:46] AnnMarie Otoole: 3D mobius universe, didn't Einstein come up with that?

[12:46] Andrew Linden: now if the simulator didn't have to stop while sending the data... that would be a small win for everybody else in the departing region

[12:46] Imaze Rhiano: and how avatar server would know sim properties (like where other avatars are?)..... by asking it form SIM server... which would just translate lag from border crossing to constant lag between sim and avatar server...

[12:46] Andrew Linden: but it wouldn't help the crosser

[12:46] Leonel Iceghost: instead of stoping i the middle of the other sim

[12:46] Leonel Iceghost: ++for the scripting in other servers

[12:47] Imaze Rhiano: ++ for crlient side scripting

[12:47] Andrew Linden: the script is run on the simulator, and has direct access to object data (also in simulator) in RAM

[12:47] Squirrel Wood: regoin boundary settings.... warp => you end up on the opposite side of the sim, bounce = you are turned around 180 and continue moving.... works only on borders where there is no adjacent sim..

[12:47] Andrew Linden: having two servers communicate that info between themselves would not speed things up

[12:47] Simon Linden: I'd be curious to see how much of typical LSL programs are interacting with the existing world state ... I'd expect most of it is moving object, sensing, chatting, etc ... so I'm not sure how much you can disconnect them

[12:48] Andrew Linden: a script that doesn't interact much with the world directly might be a good candidate for running in a separate server

[12:49] Andrew Linden: for instance... computing the value of pi ot 100 digits and then sending that info out via http

[12:49] Imaze Rhiano: ya... that is why we have webservers :P

[12:49] Simon Linden: yeah, but frankly, if you're doing that in SL, you're doing it wrong

[12:49] Leonel Iceghost: I see every cloud system have different servers for different apis, still they all work together well

[12:49] Andrew Linden: but for scripts that interact with the world (the majority of them, I would guess) you want them to have rapid access to interesting data

[12:50] Vincent Nacon: gotta agree with Simon

[12:50] Kallista Destiny: Yeah, what Simon said. Why run lsl script to are not related to SL

[12:50] Vincent Nacon: I still remember Francis added some mumbo jumbo features that would help with sim crossing in her Shadow car

[12:51] Vincent Nacon: but it was useless

[12:51] TankMaster Finesmith: I think Andrew is onto something... we could point BOINC to run on SL! :P

[12:51] Andrew Linden: Someday Francis Chung's cars will break... when we fix region crossings.

[12:51] Kadah Coba: Things like Magic Boxes would be another candidate for something that doesnt need to be region aware.

[12:51] Vincent Nacon: it's already half broken

[12:52] Cora Heslop: The scripter for saddles for this and similar avs did some interesting things to improve sim crossings for teh vehicles, but I'm not sure what.

[12:52] Kadah Coba: It's already extrememly annoying that marketplace delieveries take 6+hours.

[12:52] Joke Bubble: party?

[12:52] Andrew Linden: I don't understand Magic Boxes or Marketplace

[12:52] Vincent Nacon: I just keep it simple, turn everything off and let it "fly" toward the crossing

[12:52] Imaze Rhiano: isn't there coming new delivery feature thingy to marketplace?

[12:53] Vincent Nacon: there was

[12:53] Joke Bubble: magic boxes are have easy use

[12:53] Joke Bubble: i can teach u if u want andrew

[12:53] Joke Bubble: :/

[12:53] Kadah Coba: Magic Boxes and Marketplace are make of voodo and meeroo dust

[12:53] Simon Linden: I'd be really curious why those deliveries are so long ... I have a hard time believing it's 6 hours of LSL time

[12:53] TankMaster Finesmith: a "majic box" is just a rezzed prim with scripts and items in it that house all the items someone has avalibel on marketplace

[12:53] Liisa Runo: there been some talk about boxless magic boxes that work directly from inv. But im lil bit spooked by this. i see it is mostly benefit for the people who are selling stolen items

[12:53] Rex Cronon: u put your things u want to sell in the magicbox, it gives to marketplace their uuid

[12:53] Andrew Linden: no thanks Joke. I have trouble remembering everything else.

[12:53] Asterion Coen: :)

[12:53] Vincent Nacon: muhaha!

[12:53] TankMaster Finesmith: but LL is replacing the box with "direct delivery " where the item is transferred from one person's account to another

[12:53] Joke Bubble: ah oki '.'

[12:54] Imaze Rhiano: ya.. that was it tank

[12:54] TankMaster Finesmith: they already have a test viewer for that

[12:54] Kadah Coba: I've yet to have a marketplace delievery in recent times that was delivered same day.

[12:55] Kadah Coba: I have no idea whats going on, but thats my experence.

[12:55] Squirrel Wood: hmm.. mine are delivered instantly

[12:55] Meeter: Timecheck : User Group is almost over

[12:55] Andrew Linden: Kelly, did you look into the feasability fo a script event callback for money transactions?

[12:55] Simon Linden: Have any of you that have vendors compared the timing on those deliveries? Are the magic boxes the delay, or do they get notified very late?

[12:56] Kelly Linden: It is still on my todo list, but this week is looking grim.

[12:56] Squirrel Wood: hmm.. all my recent purchases were delivered within a minute of buying them

[12:56] Kadah Coba: I dont know, I would assume they are getting highly delayed notifications.

[12:56] Vincent Nacon: yeah magic box do delay once a while, up to 15 minutes on a bad day

[12:56] Rex Cronon: u could try asking that question in the "secondlife commerce" group chat:)

[12:57] Squirrel Wood: try moving your box to a different sim

[12:57] Simon Linden: I suspect that too, Kadah, but it would be good to confirm where the hold-up is

[12:57] Squirrel Wood: or re-rez it

[12:57] Asterion Coen: mines use to be delivered instantly

[12:57] AnnMarie Otoole: You can have multiple boxes in different sims to increase reliability (duplicate inventory).

[12:57] Asterion Coen: (and my magic box is on a pretty laggy sim (if u heard about Calleta)

[12:57] Simon Linden: It may be a moot point, anyway, if they go away

[12:58] Imaze Rhiano: you could also try some vodoo magic - like sacrificing some chickens...

[12:58] Asterion Coen: (or some of the annimals on here) :)

[12:58] Vincent Nacon: who do you voodoo?

[12:58] Squirrel Wood: Imaze, vegans would not be happy about that

[12:58] Kadah Coba: I've tracked down many of the magic boxes in world that I had made purchases from, their regions weren't extraordinarily laggy.

[12:58] Rex Cronon: there is no vodoo. there is no magic. is called programming:)

[12:59] Vincent Nacon: silly magic

[12:59] Imaze Rhiano: well... you don't need to eat that squirrel - just kill beast and spread blood over magic box...

[12:59] Vincent Nacon: silly Apple

[12:59] lonetorus Habilis: there is something called voodoo programming, rex, its usually done by coder rock stars

[12:59] Cora Heslop: How is this relevant to the discussion?

[12:59] Vincent Nacon: well anywho, thanks for the meeting

[12:59] AnnMarie Otoole: OK thanks guys, I'm off to try and pay for this addiction.

[13:00] Liisa Runo: thanks everybody

[13:00] Rex Cronon: right:)

[13:00] Kadah Coba: If its the purchace notifications from the marketplace front end that are slow, replacing the delivery method may not possibly make a difference.

[13:00] Vincent Nacon: later all

[13:00] Cora Heslop: yes..good meeting...largely.

[13:00] Asterion Coen: rex the network is a kind of magical :) some routes r separate of thausend kilometers without lag, and some other, within some dozen meters are laggy as hell :)

[13:00] Simon Linden: Thanks everyone for coming today and the good discussion

[13:00] TankMaster Finesmith: thx for your time, andrew, simon, kelly

[13:00] Kallista Destiny: There is always the 'You didn't hold your mouth right when you started that program.

[13:00] Rex Cronon: tc all those leaving

[13:00] Joke Bubble: cyu ^.3

[13:00] Meeter: Thank you for coming to the Server User Group

[13:00] Qie Niangao: Thanks all. have fun.

[13:00] Andrew Linden: oh right, I have a meeting right after this...

[13:00] Andrew Linden: gotta run

[13:00] Cora Heslop: ty for your time, Lindens. =)

[13:00] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: See you Simon, Andrew, Kelly.

[13:00] Kallista Destiny: dasvidanya

[13:01] Rex Cronon: is magical 4 those that don't understand:)



Simulator_User_Group

Prev 2011.09.30 Next 2011.10.07