Simulator User Group/Transcripts/2011.10.11

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Simulator_User_Group

Prev 2011.10.07 Next 2011.10.14

List of Speakers

Andrew Linden Ash Qin Falcon Linden
Geenz Spad Jonathan Yap Kadah Coba
Kallista Destiny Kaluura Boa Leonel Iceghost
Liisa Runo lonetorus Habilis Motor Loon
Pauline Darkfury Rex Cronon Sahkolihaa Contepomi
Simon Linden Sooden Ren TankMaster Finesmith
TankMaster Teichmann TheBlack Box Vincent Nacon

Transcript

[12:00] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Hey Andrew.

[12:00] Kaluura Boa: Here comes the stipper...

[12:00] TheBlack Box: hi

[12:00] Kaluura Boa: Ooops... MAybe not... =^_^=

[12:00] Meeter: Welcome to the Server User Group

[12:01] Motor Loon: 3 2 1 go!

[12:01] Andrew Linden: wow, it's going to be a dance party user group with all of these lights

[12:01] Vincent Nacon: cause it's always night time here

[12:02] lonetorus Habilis: yeah cant we shift the day cycle a hour or so ;)

[12:02] Liisa Runo: no need to switch the sun, more easy to just let Simon install couple lamps

[12:02] Vincent Nacon: any news?

[12:03] Andrew Linden: I've got two items of news...

[12:03] Andrew Linden: There is some bug that I ported to an up and coming RC channel for Kelly...

[12:03] Andrew Linden: I announced it in yesterday's scripting User Group, but let me find the jira number...

[12:04] Xstreet SL Central Authority: Motor Loon has given you a gift of "subVersion - Pink Denim & Leather Biker Outfit" from XstreetSL.com! Message from buyer: You know, those old ones need to get washed now and then... ;-)

[12:04] lonetorus Habilis: huh, you preserved some buggy code?

[12:04] Andrew Linden: SVC-7343 I think

[12:04] JIRA-helper: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7343

[#SVC-7343] llMinEventDelay Bug

[12:04] Andrew Linden: yeah, that's the one

[12:04] Andrew Linden: that RC candidate is currently undergoing testing

[12:05] Andrew Linden: and meastro found a little problems that we're trying to fix now

[12:05] Andrew Linden: but hopefully that will make it out onto an RC this week

[12:06] Andrew Linden: other bit of news: I was working on SVC-5927 on the side and might have something to test later today

[12:06] JIRA-helper: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-5927

[#SVC-5927] Temp on Rezzed objects get queued

[12:06] Andrew Linden: dunno if it works -- I have trouble reproducing the problem by myself

[12:06] Kallista Destiny: Yeahhhhhh!!!!!!!!

[12:06] Kallista Destiny: where is the test?

[12:07] Andrew Linden: what I'd like to do is to get someone to volunteer a region and two armies to shoot at each other

[12:07] Kallista Destiny: lol

[12:07] Kallista Destiny: Sardar

[12:07] Kallista Destiny: and getting enought people should be trivial

[12:07] lonetorus Habilis: andrew, so thats what we are doing for next office hour?

[12:07] Andrew Linden: I'd like to test it on a test region on agni, but I'll need to figure out exactly how to do it.

[12:08] Andrew Linden: Who owns Sardar?

[12:08] Rex Cronon: greetings *

[12:08] Kallista Destiny: Yasmin Fisseux

[12:08] Vincent Nacon: I think it's depends on what weapon that falls under those issue

[12:09] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: haha, that gas lamp is awesome.

[12:09] Andrew Linden: Ok, so what I'm looking for is an Estate Owner who can volunteer their region for the test battle.

[12:09] Kallista Destiny: Contact Yasmin

[12:09] Rex Cronon: who wouldn't want to come to linden organized fight:)

[12:09] Kallista Destiny: She's on UK time

[12:09] Andrew Linden: Ok, I'll send Yasmin an IM later today.

[12:10] Andrew Linden: That's all the news I've got.

[12:10] lonetorus Habilis: andrew, i think i found a bug in the sim code regarding payments

[12:10] Andrew Linden: what kind of payments?

[12:10] Andrew Linden: billing? or L$ transactions?

[12:11] lonetorus Habilis: aparently the sim expects correct payment from the client, ie, that ppl dont try to pay more than they have in their account, because if they do, the sim returns -1 linden balance

[12:11] Pauline Darkfury: Something that has just come in that's noteworthy, llHTTPRequest giving 499s which appears to have started on today's roll:

Database problems

Tuesday, 11 Oct 2011 19:08:46 GMT

All Novatech and HoO transporters are currently offline due to unknown problems. Second Life is returning a 499 error (timeout), yet my web hosting service claims there is no problem on their end.

Since this started right after regions were updated to the 10-03 patch, I expect Linden Lab is responsible. I cannot be sure though, as the ASN stargates are still working.

[12:11] Pauline Darkfury: That's from the Novatech group (Cheshyr Pontchartrain)

[12:11] lonetorus Habilis: avatar to avatar payments

[12:12] Kadah Coba: Andrew, re: test sim for battle, Ash Qin says that he does that all time

[12:12] lonetorus Habilis: i was using a tpv that does not check for sane payments, and i kept getting -1 returned as my balance after the payment failed with the correct error message (insucfficient balance)

[12:13] Andrew Linden: I'm not clear on how the payments are being triggered. Via the UI or through a script?

[12:13] lonetorus Habilis: seems mostly a cosmetic problem for tpv makers

[12:13] lonetorus Habilis: via ui

[12:13] Simon Linden: Right, do you know if anything actually got transferred? Does a re-log fix the number shown?

[12:13] Object: Hello, Avatar!

[12:13] Vincent Nacon: heya dull prim

[12:14] lonetorus Habilis: relog fixes it, or if a payment goes through that there is coverage for on the account, then the sim returns the correct (new) balance

[12:14] Andrew Linden: So, if you have L$10 in your account and your viewer sends a payment of $L15 then you get L$-1 back from the server?

[12:14] lonetorus Habilis: yes

[12:14] Simon Linden: ok, that's good ... so it's defniitley a cosmetic problem where the viewer doesn't show the correct balance after the transaction failure

[12:14] Jonathan Yap: What is your balance left at?

[12:15] lonetorus Habilis: if i then afterwards make a payemnt of 6$ then i get a correct updated balance of 4$

[12:15] Andrew Linden: oh I see

[12:15] Motor Loon: so viewer problem only

[12:15] Jonathan Yap: Does it happen with the LL viewer?

[12:15] Andrew Linden: Ok so either the server is sending bad data back to the viewer, or the viewer is not handling something right. You verified the former?

[12:15] lonetorus Habilis: no, ll viewver wont let you pay more than you have

[12:15] TankMaster Teichmann: most TPVs have a key stroke or some other way of reloading the balance manually w/o having to make more transactions

[12:16] Andrew Linden: That is, the simulator is definitely sending L$-1 in some balance update?

[12:16] lonetorus Habilis: that is what latif told me when he fixed radegast to not alow these too large payments

[12:17] Ash Qin: When did Linden community meetings become a night club? Is this part of Linden's dedication to establishing a better line of communication with their users?

[12:17] Kadah Coba: Stupid lights crashed me :/

[12:17] Vincent Nacon: ah sorry

[12:17] Ash Qin: (Sorry, couldn't resist :)

[12:17] Vincent Nacon: party's over!

[12:18] lonetorus Habilis: anyway, just thought i would mention it, i didnt jira it, as it seemed mostly cosmetic

[12:18] Andrew Linden: Dunno where the lights came from. But if I had more time I'd try to organize themed user groups.

[12:18] Vincent Nacon: muhaha! it was me

[12:18] Pauline Darkfury: Ahh, regarding the earlier mention of HTTP problems with Novatech stuff, it turned out to be a problem with the hosting provider's network, just coincidence that it happened around the time of today's roll

[12:18] Vincent Nacon: spur of the moment

[12:18] Motor Loon: I had a question about the new "edit physical objects freezes them" fix. I tried it out the other day, and while it worked great when a resident tried to edit another residents objects (as expected it didn't freeze it anymore) when I tried to edit the same object (being EM, expecting it to freeze) it only slowed down a bit - is the expected behavior?

[12:18] Simon Linden: I'm definitely happy to see some show-and-tell of interesting objects when we have the time here

[12:18] Andrew Linden: ok thanks for that update Motor

[12:19] Jonathan Yap: I created svc-7361 this morning after it had happened two times. Don't know if this is related to the issue reading AO notecards.

[12:19] JIRA-helper: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7361

[#SVC-7361] Some landmarks stop working within a region

[12:19] Andrew Linden: Ash Qin, did you show up to talk about SVC-5972?

[12:19] JIRA-helper: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-5972

[#SVC-5972] Touch even ignored after State change and llHTTPRequest

[12:20] Simon Linden: Motor - I didn't think we had a 'slow down' mode, it would either stop or not

[12:20] lonetorus Habilis: koli, i think thats my first or second real build/script i did in sl, i keep it within reach ever since

[12:20] Motor Loon: it certainly didnt stop

[12:20] Ash Qin: I don't think I Saw that one.

[12:20] Pauline Darkfury: I'm still a bit concerned that it doesn't respect land ownership for that behaviour

[12:20] Motor Loon: but it slowed down movement both on my screen and on the person riding the vehicles screen

[12:21] Pauline Darkfury: I see the old behaviour as correct, and the new as broken, tbh. If there's a fast moving object around, I should be able to "grab" it if I've got return permission

[12:21] Andrew Linden: Simon, I think that "edit physical objects freezes them" fix question was for you.

[12:22] Andrew Linden: EM selects the object and it only slows down, does not stop.

[12:22] Leonel Iceghost: why not frezee client side?

[12:22] Kaluura Boa: Now, it's much harder to report phys crap in LL's sandboxes...

[12:22] Simon Linden: Right ... I don't think there's a 'slow down' mode, so taht sounds like a valid bug

[12:22] lonetorus Habilis: are there still greifer clients out there, that "edit" all physical items in a sim ?

[12:22] Kaluura Boa: Not seen any in action for a long time...

[12:22] Simon Linden: Motor - could you write up a SVC jira for that?

[12:22] Motor Loon: I'll run the test again later today and file a Jira if I see the same again... I only tried it once the other day

[12:23] Motor Loon: yes

[12:23] Simon Linden: Jonathan - good call about 7361, it looks like the same problem as the notecard reading

[12:23] Leonel Iceghost: if a griefer wants can move things with llSetLinkPrimitiveParams.. let it this way it is perfect Simon

[12:23] Jonathan Yap: Thanks Simon, maybe you can link the 2 or make mine as a dup

[12:23] Motor Loon: But... even with only a slow down.... I absolutely LOVE that people can freeze eachother anymore... thanks for the fix

[12:23] Motor Loon: "can't"

[12:25] Pauline Darkfury: I still say it's broken if landowners can't freeze stuff to examine it

[12:25] Motor Loon: oh we can Pauline

[12:25] Vincent Nacon: aye

[12:25] Pauline Darkfury: Not without EM

[12:25] Simon Linden: Agreed Pauline, it should fully stop

[12:25] lonetorus Habilis: who can freeze items after the fix, owners and EM?

[12:25] Pauline Darkfury: Or has that been fixed yet?

[12:25] Vincent Nacon: it's gonna be a problem for sim-sized race track

[12:25] Leonel Iceghost: the proper fix would be to frezee thing client side.. why break fair content because lazzy EM?

[12:26] Kallista Destiny: Andrew, Yasmin is on right now

[12:26] Simon Linden: ... for the EM. Kelly did the programming on this one, so we'll have to double-check what the design says (I assume having EMs stop makes sense) and go from there

[12:26] Pauline Darkfury: It needs to work for anyone who has return perm for it

[12:26] Andrew Linden: yeah, I think a client-side selection-->visibly-freeze change should be done

[12:27] lonetorus Habilis: i agree with pauline, everyone who has return rights

[12:27] Leonel Iceghost: frezee breaks a lot of games, and anyone gets return perms these days

[12:27] Vincent Nacon: not everyone

[12:27] Pauline Darkfury: If you can't trust the people with return perms, find a better region/parcel, tbh

[12:27] Vincent Nacon: aye

[12:28] Sooden Ren: may i as aquestion about Sl current status?

[12:28] Sooden Ren: ask*

[12:28] lonetorus Habilis: yes go ahaead

[12:28] Kallista Destiny: Yeah what Pauline said

[12:28] Leonel Iceghost: you never know where your game is going to run.. you cannot tell someone to change their groups

[12:28] Vincent Nacon: yeah I was wondering the same about SL's grid status

[12:28] Sooden Ren: is there curently a server problem as i just lost about an hours work, and that is a lot for me

[12:29] Pauline Darkfury: If people have given return perms to people who will abuse it, frankly they deserve to have broken stuff

[12:29] Kadah Coba: +1 on should fallow return rights.

[12:29] Sooden Ren: also, my sim has gone down 5 times today

[12:29] Pauline Darkfury: Return perms are not granted to anyone other than landowner, group owner, and group officers by default

[12:29] Vincent Nacon: we also have people who enjoy running over people in our race tracks

[12:30] Leonel Iceghost: people is greedy and likes to cheat games Pauline, officers or not

[12:30] Andrew Linden: There was a rolling update happening today. According to the status page it is complete.

[12:30] Vincent Nacon: it's a must to stop them

[12:30] Jonathan Yap: Speaking of group defaults, whatever happend with turning off that pay accounting setting that is the default?

[12:30] Kadah Coba: The ablity to freeze spamming objects is the main tool I've used to stop attack prims

[12:30] Andrew Linden: http://status.secondlifegrid.net/category/slgridstatus

[12:30] Meeter: Timecheck : User Group is half over

[12:30] Kaluura Boa: btw, when will the daily rolling restarts stop?

[12:30] Andrew Linden: Sooden, you lost some content? Which region?

[12:30] Vincent Nacon: ahh completed

[12:30] Simon Linden: FYI I just tried that payment bug .. on the SL beta viewer, when I attempted to pay more than I have to another AV, it immediately popped up a 'buy lindens' dialog

[12:30] Sooden Ren: last crash was about 40 mins after rolling restarts where resolved

[12:31] Sooden Ren: i lots all the work i had done, on emata

[12:31] Sooden Ren: after a crash, about 8 mins ago

[12:31] Sooden Ren: the sim had revered to a state about an hour before

[12:31] lonetorus Habilis: simon, yeah, the LL client code does not suffer from this, as i see it

[12:31] Pauline Darkfury: It's "normal" to lose all changes back to the last autosave if it's an actual crash

[12:32] Pauline Darkfury: Autosaves are every 30 or 60 minutes?

[12:32] Sooden Ren: havent lost anything i cant redo

[12:32] Andrew Linden: hrm... looks like Emata Almarae region was restarted early this morning at 07:20 during the rolling restart

[12:32] Sooden Ren: but now i cant do anywork, cus i dont know if i will lose it all again

[12:32] Andrew Linden: it appears that it did crash, and did not save state during that crash

[12:32] Andrew Linden: hrm...

[12:33] TankMaster Teichmann: fun times

[12:33] lonetorus Habilis: make saves available from the sim console?

[12:33] Andrew Linden: lonetorus, do you actually use the simconsole for anything yet?

[12:34] lonetorus Habilis: no, it was just a idea :)

[12:34] Pauline Darkfury: There already is an "Autosave now" button in the viewer, but it requires god perms

[12:34] Andrew Linden: oh... I take that back Sooden, it may be that the host that was running Emata Almarae actually dropped off the net...

[12:34] lonetorus Habilis: i remember you mentioning working on sim console late last year (i have been away for a while)

[12:35] Geenz Spad: :>

[12:35] Sooden Ren: seems like that may have happend a lot today

[12:35] Andrew Linden: I actually added some neat debug methods to the simconsole in a side project... for manipulating the terrain heightfield

[12:35] Vincent Nacon: aren't you a cat anyway?

[12:35] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Ringtail cat is not a cat. xP

[12:35] Sooden Ren: not to be rude, but the amout that sim cost me is a lot to me

[12:35] Andrew Linden: if the project ever gets finished maybe I should open the commands up to EM's. we'll see

[12:35] Motor Loon: I actually saw the same thing happen when my HQ sim went down for the OS update stuff... when it came back it had reverted to about an hour ealier... didn't matter at the time since I had taken copies of what I was working on... but just saying..

[12:36] Sooden Ren: would like it to work

[12:36] Simon Linden: Today's rollout had some problems with regions coming back up, but I thought it was cleaned up

[12:36] lonetorus Habilis: andrew, sounds cool, reminds me of manipulating the quake2 server while in game (gravity etc)

[12:37] Motor Loon: (my sim was not today btw, yesterday I think)

[12:37] Kallista Destiny: Hmmmmmmmmmmm Motor that would account for a region reporting that it had taken ~1 hour to reboot, if the state of scripts is saved too

[12:37] Motor Loon: probably would

[12:37] Andrew Linden: yeah, as far as I can tell Sooden, the host running your region is off the net. It most likely suffered a hardware failure.

[12:39] Andrew Linden: Motor, which region was that? And when do you think the OS update happened?

[12:39] Sooden Ren: >< for the last few days i been working on my sim from the time i wake, till i sleep, to try and get extra funds. not being able to work its upsetting

[12:39] lonetorus Habilis: how are hosts monitored? snmp? or perhaps something like HP open view

[12:39] Vincent Nacon: yeah you may have to be paitent *turns to see her with a bucher knife* on second thought, nevermind.

[12:39] Motor Loon: Andrew, my "MLCC" sim.... just assumed it was the OS thing since there didnt appear to be any other reason for the restart

[12:40] Leonel Iceghost: lol Vincent

[12:40] Motor Loon: I have a staff member in the background claiming our AMARILLO sim reverted a whopping 5 days in todays restart

[12:41] Sooden Ren: have even got people back to using your main SL viwer, so they can see my new mesh works :P

[12:41] Andrew Linden: Motor, you think that restart was today? or a different time?

[12:41] Ash Qin: <3 the main Second Life Viewer

[12:42] Motor Loon: On the MLCC sim is was not today.... can't really remember 100% when it was because I didn't pay much attention to it when it happened as I had assured I had copies of my work

[12:42] Andrew Linden: Amarillo? or Amarillo 66?

[12:43] Motor Loon: 66

[12:44] Favorites Drink Tray: Enjoy your Strawberry Daiquiri,Patnad Babii, so sweet and fruity!

[12:45] Strawberry DaiquiriStrawberry Daiquiri : Mmmm, the sweet delicious taste of strawberries, Patnad Babii!

[12:45] Strawberry DaiquiriStrawberry Daiquiri : Mmm..

[12:45] Kadah Coba: >_>

[12:45] Motor Loon: You see anything odd on your end Andrew?

[12:46] Andrew Linden: It isn't clear to me right now. I'd have to dig deeper.

[12:46] Motor Loon: okies

[12:46] Andrew Linden: I'll relay your reports to our support and operations crew.

[12:46] Motor Loon: Thanks

[12:47] Motor Loon: Not a problem for the MLCC sim.,... but I sure hear alot of whining over the others in our estate

[12:48] lonetorus Habilis: could be a general issue, i suppose its worth checking out

[12:50] Andrew Linden: lonetorus, we do have server monitoring. We used to use nagios, but I'm not sure what they're using now.

[12:50] Motor Loon: ([12:49] SnowLeopard Pearl: Mell had to get Lindens out and have Ama and Joplin repaired they found a severe problem so they moved them to the same datacenter as the rest of the bikersims)

[12:50] Kadah Coba: So what happed to the html jira email notifications?

[12:50] lonetorus Habilis: not having it would be pretty insane with the amount of machines you have running XD

[12:51] Simon Linden: We still have nagios running

[12:51] Kadah Coba: nagios?

[12:51] lonetorus Habilis: yeah, i think we inventory one of our ip networks at work with nagios, its really flexible

[12:51] Pauline Darkfury: Nagios is a great tool

[12:52] Andrew Linden: I'm not familiar with the "html jira email notifications", unless they are the normal jira emails that go out to watchers.

[12:52] Kadah Coba: Yeah, those

[12:52] Kadah Coba: Old ones: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26299591/Snaps/jira_notices_old.png

New ones: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26299591/Snaps/jira_notices_new.png

[12:52] Kadah Coba: The new formate looks like tweets tbo

[12:52] Sooden Ren: gonna go backtomy sim, i cant aford to wates time atm, please flag up the prlems with my sim....take care

[12:52] Pauline Darkfury: Tbh, Nagios beats some very expensive commercial stuff

[12:52] Sooden Ren: problems*

[12:53] Simon Linden: Good luck, Sooden

[12:53] Pauline Darkfury: The commercial stuff looks shiny, but you can often do a lot more with Nagios and someone who is good at systems tech & Perl coding

[12:53] Motor Loon: You're late Tank

[12:53] lonetorus Habilis: pauline, yeah except if you are a multinational who likes to point fingers at a vendor when it goes up in flames

[12:54] lonetorus Habilis: hey falcon

[12:54] Pauline Darkfury: I can't name it, but I'm aware of a (now ex-) Fortune 500 multinational that uses Nagios, tbh

[12:54] Ash Qin: Yay Falcon

[12:54] Falcon Linden: Hey folks

[12:54] Rex Cronon: hey

[12:55] Andrew Linden: Kadah, that jira format change was a couple months ago, according to the dats on thos screenshots, right?

[12:55] Motor Loon: ey birdman

[12:55] Falcon Linden: I wanted to swing by and remind you all about the Havok 2011.2 upgrade on Aditi

[12:55] Andrew Linden: I didn't notice it change... I think I've got my email browser using text formatting.

[12:55] Falcon Linden: The following regions are now running 2011.2 and contain the llSetKeyframedMotion code:

[12:55] Meeter: Timecheck : User Group is almost over

[12:55] Motor Loon: ooh

[12:55] Motor Loon: so its renamed now?

[12:55] Kaluura Boa: Better function name!

[12:55] TankMaster Finesmith: jira was updated last week

[12:55] Kadah Coba: Andrew, no, it happened between the 5th and 6th

[12:55] Falcon Linden: Ahern, Chief, De Haro, Immaculate, Kapor, Morris, Rosedale, Sandbox - Bispinor, Sandbox - Weapons testing, SkyBeam, and Turing Isle

[12:55] Vincent Nacon: yup

[12:56] TankMaster Finesmith: from 4.2.1 to 4.4.1

[12:56] Falcon Linden: Motor: yep

[12:56] Motor Loon: bloody wonderful feature that keyframing

[12:56] Andrew Linden: Oh I see... I was reading the dates wrong.

[12:56] Kadah Coba: Plain text emails are default.

[12:56] Falcon Linden: Please test your content on those regions. Havok 2011.2 is a prerequesite to the pathfinding project Rod announced, and it would be sad to see it delayed by bugs that could have been worked out earlier

[12:56] lonetorus Habilis: is there example code in the wiki?

[12:56] Kadah Coba: The old format acutally showed useful info, the new ones only show the changed data and often no deltas

[12:56] Pauline Darkfury: Before we run out of time, any word from Patch on mainland encroachment-return?

[12:56] Falcon Linden: Ionetorus: yep

[12:56] Vincent Nacon: will do

[12:57] lonetorus Habilis: good, there was none when i looked last

[12:57] Vincent Nacon: all of those sim are on beta, right?

[12:57] Falcon Linden: Yes

[12:57] Vincent Nacon: k

[12:57] Motor Loon: will do testing

[12:57] Falcon Linden: I don't expect any performance or behavioral changes in that branch

[12:57] Andrew Linden: No Pauline, Patch hasn't given me an update on the returnable encroachment featyre,

[12:57] Andrew Linden: feature

[12:58] Pauline Darkfury: Ok, thanks, I just want to try to avoid it getting forgotten ;)

[12:58] Falcon Linden: Any questions for me? (I have a meeting at 1pm)

[12:58] Leonel Iceghost: Falcon, where did Rod announce that?

[12:58] Falcon Linden: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/CEO-Rodvik-Humble-Shares-What-s-New-in-Second-Life/ba-p/1143239

[12:58] Motor Loon: blogs Leonel

[12:58] Falcon Linden: Under "Shiny New Things" at the bottom

[12:58] Leonel Iceghost: thanks a lot

[12:58] Vincent Nacon: did you understand what I was talking about SMOOTH flag for SetKeyMotion?

[12:59] Falcon Linden: Vincent: you wanted easing, as I recall. Could be added later, but not until after pathfinding

[12:59] Vincent Nacon: well yes, kinda

[12:59] Falcon Linden: right now all transitions use linear or spherical linear interpolation

[12:59] Falcon Linden: (for position and rotation respectively)

[13:00] Vincent Nacon: I was implying that to have Smooth flag so we could choose not to have Smooth (easing)

[13:00] Falcon Linden: that would be a strange request.

[13:00] Vincent Nacon: as a way to skip straight to the next frame

[13:00] Falcon Linden: and would defeat the purpose of the function

[13:00] Vincent Nacon: I know

[13:00] Falcon Linden: yeah, that's not supported by the nature of the method

[13:00] Meeter: Thank you for coming to the Server User Group

[13:00] Falcon Linden: use llSetPos/llSetRot.

[13:00] Vincent Nacon: that's why I suggested that way

[13:00] lonetorus Habilis: have a goo dmeeting andrew

[13:00] Falcon Linden: Thanks folks, and have fun testing :)

[13:00] TankMaster Finesmith: tc andrew

[13:01] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: See you Andrew, Simon & Falcon.

[13:01] Rex Cronon: tc everybody. bye

[13:01] Pauline Darkfury: Thanks, Lindens, have a good afternoon :)

[13:01] lonetorus Habilis: falcon, no, you stay

[13:01] Vincent Nacon: later all

[13:01] TankMaster Finesmith: thx for coming, falcon

[13:01] lonetorus Habilis: falcon, you where late

[13:01] lonetorus Habilis: lol

[13:01] Simon Linden: Thanks everyone for coming today

[13:01] Vincent Nacon: he has a meeting

[13:01] TankMaster Finesmith: tc simon

[13:01] lonetorus Habilis: ahh well

[13:01] Ash Qin: Have fun

[13:01] lonetorus Habilis: tc simon

[13:01] Andrew Linden: Thanks for coming everyone.

[13:01] Vincent Nacon: 12:58] Falcon Linden: Any questions for me? (I have a meeting at 1pm)

[13:02] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Open dev user group in an hour too.



Simulator_User_Group

Prev 2011.10.07 Next 2011.10.14