Simulator User Group/Transcripts/2011.11.15

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Simulator_User_Group

Prev 2011.11.11 Next 2011.11.18

List of Speakers

Andrew Linden Ardy Lay Fancy Detector
Flip Idlemind Ima Mechanique Imaze Rhiano
JoyofRLC Acker Kadah Coba Kallista Destiny
Leonel Iceghost Qie Niangao Questar Utu
Rex Cronon Sahkolihaa Contepomi Simon Linden
Susie Chaffe Techwolf Lupindo Vincent Nacon

Transcript

[12:02] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Hey Simon.

[12:03] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: You need to fix Meeter - it thinks the UG has already finished. :p

[12:03] Simon Linden: oh yeah, the timezone change

[12:03] Ardy Lay: If it only needs to be "rebooted" twice a year then it's not that badly broken. ;-)

[12:03] Simon Linden: FWIW there appears to be a problem with logins right now, so I'm not sure who will get here

[12:04] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Whoops.

[12:04] Leonel Iceghost: how about add a llFunction for regional time from a 3rd party service

[12:04] Ima Mechanique: is very that recent Simon? I only logged in abot 15 minutes ago

[12:04] Leonel Iceghost: like Windows OS

[12:04] Leonel Iceghost: does

[12:04] Flip Idlemind is 4 minutes late

[12:04] Flip Idlemind: Whats very recent

[12:04] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Oh yay Runitai: SH-2652 Fix for linux compile error

[12:05] Simon Linden: I just heard about it -- both Kelly and Andrew are having trouble

[12:05] Flip Idlemind: Oh problems with log in

[12:05] Flip Idlemind: Maybe thats why Im late

[12:05] Simon Linden: So Andrew asked me to kick things off

[12:05] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: I didn't think Lindens could get problems logging in. ;)

[12:05] Simon Linden: First, the news:

[12:05] Ardy Lay: Well, the region hosts already use NTP, right?

[12:05] Simon Linden: logins are having trouble :P

[12:05] Ima Mechanique: hehe nice to hear Lindens are having login problems and not me for a change ;-)

[12:06] Simon Linden: There was a new server rolled out this morning, the main change was an update to the Havok physics engine

[12:06] Ima Mechanique: Havok 2011.2?

[12:06] Simon Linden: Details are at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Deploys-for-the-week-of-2011-11-14/td-p/1232401

[12:07] Simon Linden: Yes - that's the new version

[12:07] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Ah, llSetKeyframedMotion is now grid-wide then.

[12:07] Simon Linden: The change _should_ not affect behavior in-world, but hopefully we picked up some Havok bug fixes

[12:07] Fancy Detector: Andrew Linden has arrived!

[12:07] Simon Linden: Right, that should be available

[12:08] Ima Mechanique: oooh, depends on your definition of "main change". ;-) for me the llSetKeyframedMotion is more important

[12:08] Simon Linden: Right, the Havok upgrade really shouldn't be apparent to anyone

[12:08] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Havok bug fixes are good though.

[12:08] Simon Linden: We don't _want_ any changes in behavior

[12:09] Simon Linden: Tomorrow will see the RCs updated as usual

[12:09] Ima Mechanique: what will be the "new" RC?

[12:09] Andrew Linden: Hello. Sorry I'm late.

[12:09] Imaze Rhiano: you are not only one late :P

[12:10] Simon Linden: The Magnum branch is getting something, but I'm not sure what ... we have another maintenance branch coming along, but I don't think it's passed QA yet

[12:10] Simon Linden: I just covered the releases this week Andrew - do you have other news?

[12:10] Andrew Linden: Yes a little bit...

[12:10] Ima Mechanique: the mainteance branch, is that the one with Keely's new llTransferLindenDollars in?

[12:10] Simon Linden: Oh, sorry - the crossing bug in LeTigre is fixed

[12:11] Andrew Linden: There were three action items on my plate from last Friday:

[12:11] Andrew Linden: (1) ask for update about enabling encroachment return on mainland -- didn't get to that

[12:11] Simon Linden: Ima - yes, I believe that's in the next one

[12:11] Andrew Linden: (2) Ask around about predictable asset names for map tiles -- didn't get to that either

[12:12] Andrew Linden: (3) drift in llKeyFrame stuff -- did ask Falcon about that

[12:12] Flip Idlemind: 3rd item's the charm?

[12:12] Andrew Linden: Falcon says he commented on an SLUniverse thread or something. His current theory is that the times for the animations are not multiples of 1/45 sec

[12:13] Andrew Linden: He says Maestro Linden hasn't been able to reproduce that keyframe drift problem yet

[12:13] Andrew Linden: I was thinking about it just a little bit ago...

[12:13] Simon Linden: Does KF motion slow down as expected for a slower sim frame rate, or is it tied to real-time?

[12:13] Andrew Linden: and thought that if it is real floating point drift, then it might be more pronounced near the NE corner of the region, than at the SW

[12:14] Ima Mechanique: lol the sim's are on a slant

[12:14] Andrew Linden: I'll mention that idea to Maestro and maybe he'll have time to test it in the NE corner.

[12:15] Susie Chaffe: using time whole integers * 1/45 sec has made a signicant reduction in the drift maginitude

[12:15] JoyofRLC Acker: sorry im late peepl, just finished a race

[12:15] Andrew Linden: I will try to ask about items (1) and (2) today. I was fighting with some code this morning and forgot to get those done at the last minute.

[12:16] Andrew Linden: That's all the news that I've got.

[12:16] Ima Mechanique: did you beat the code in the end?

[12:16] Imaze Rhiano: crossing bug is fixed now? sailors are happy?

[12:16] Andrew Linden: Yes, I think I figured out my problem. It was in a bash script that was using "ln"

[12:16] JoyofRLC Acker: <--- shakes her ear, msu be some thing in it

[12:17] Andrew Linden: there are four forms of how to use "ln" and you need to know about them when making symlinks to directories

[12:17] JoyofRLC Acker: Seriouly, Im hearing micxed reports at the moment

[12:17] JoyofRLC Acker: I think we are trying to capture some feedback this week.

[12:18] Andrew Linden: I don't think the region crossing problem was attempted to be "fixed" everywhere yet.

[12:18] Andrew Linden: Some Blake Sea regions were moved to some test config.

[12:18] Meeter: Meeter is Running

[12:18] JoyofRLC Acker: Im sorry if I missed it at the start, but what do yo mean by "fixed"?

[12:18] Andrew Linden: er... perhaps I should have said "reduced"?

[12:18] JoyofRLC Acker: There was some talk of something happening yesterday - but I couldnt see any mention in the fora.

[12:19] Meeter: Welcome to the Server User Group

[12:19] JoyofRLC Acker: MTW announced somthing being done Monday that should help but may cause short term pain

[12:19] Andrew Linden: MTW = ?

[12:19] JoyofRLC Acker: but i dont know what that was supposed to be

[12:19] Flip Idlemind: Meeter is late as well .()

[12:19] JoyofRLC Acker: MarkTwainWhite

[12:20] JoyofRLC Acker: post restarts today, my own observation for what its worth is the corssing per say are quite good, but lag is spotty to put it mildly

[12:20] Andrew Linden: The kernel upgrade to 3.0.0 has not started yet on agni yet, as far ast I know.

[12:21] Simon Linden: No, that won't happen until after Thanksgiving

[12:21] Leonel Iceghost: Simon just said that a crossing bug in Letrigre is fixed, but it releases tomorrow?

[12:21] Rex Cronon: greetings everybody, and what is going on? took 20 minutes to login

[12:21] Simon Linden: .. and the testing is not complete, so if/when it happens is still shaky

[12:21] Ima Mechanique: for the non-US citizens, when's thanksgiving?

[12:21] JoyofRLC Acker: Ok. Assuming thats what he meant )I think he was passing on something from a Vaie (?) Linden

[12:22] Simon Linden: The login servers were having trouble right about noon, I don't know the cause

[12:22] JoyofRLC Acker: Vale*

[12:22] Rex Cronon: is basically a tincan imaze:)

[12:22] Andrew Linden: Thanksgiving will be Thursday next week

[12:22] Andrew Linden: however everyone gets Thurs and Fri off

[12:22] Qie Niangao: I think the LeTigre crossing bug that's fixed is a complete block, not just bad performance. (SVC-7418)

[12:22] Ima Mechanique: thanks

[12:22] JIRA-helper: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7418

[#SVC-7418] Objects crossing (some) sim boundaries fail to cross and get false error message.

[12:23] Andrew Linden: so we won't be having any big rolls all of next week

[12:23] Simon Linden: It's fixed, Qie, and will be updated tomorrow

[12:23] Qie Niangao: right, that's great!

[12:23] JoyofRLC Acker: The US is lagged. Canada was feew weeks ago

[12:24] Andrew Linden: The table is open.

[12:24] JoyofRLC Acker: ... can i just 'recap' ... there isnt antyhing being rolled out that is not in the forum post?

[12:24] Ima Mechanique: Qie, that's because the Canadian settlers didn't waste time beating the crap out of the natives.

[12:24] Fellony Lock Pick Hud: Reading pickconfig note card....

[12:24] Fellony Lock Pick Hud: Reading pickconfig note card....

[12:24] JoyofRLC Acker: (and we need time to grow fesh turkeys for christmas lol)

[12:24] Simon Linden: Are you talking about the server release forum post, Joy?

[12:25] Andrew Linden: Which forum post?

[12:25] JoyofRLC Acker: Yes, the one Oskar maintains.

[12:25] Simon Linden: Right : http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Deploys-for-the-week-of-2011-11-14/td-p/1232401

[12:25] JoyofRLC Acker: thats the one

[12:26] Simon Linden: The other info I think Viale passed along ... the Blake Sea regions were re-configured a bit and restarted to see if that helps with crossings

[12:26] JoyofRLC Acker: so there is no other initaive this week relatove to lag or sim xings?

[12:26] JoyofRLC Acker: ahh ok..

[12:26] Simon Linden: Don't expect miracle changes, but we think they'll be happier on this hardware

[12:26] Andrew Linden: I believe that post is correct: nothing new that is not mentioned, except the Magnum channel's update is listed as "TBD"

[12:27] Simon Linden: There is ongoing development work in that area, but no new code released

[12:27] JoyofRLC Acker: by reconfigured, you wouldnt by any remote chancce mean having adjacent sims on servers that are at in , say, the same building?

[12:27] Simon Linden: Yes, that's been done

[12:27] JoyofRLC Acker: Yay

[12:28] JoyofRLC Acker: erm, cough, what about other sailing estates?

[12:28] Kallista Destiny: So we need to wait for 3 weeks for the SVC-5927 fixes to be available?

[12:28] JIRA-helper: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-5927

[#SVC-5927] Temp on Rezzed objects get queued

[12:28] JoyofRLC Acker: and im sure that flyers etc have issues over land too ...

[12:28] Simon Linden: There's a larger project going on looking at that crossing issue grid-wide

[12:28] Kadah Coba: Stupid logins

[12:29] JoyofRLC Acker: we kee[p haring of that its just hard to undertsad what it entails

[12:29] Andrew Linden: Hrm... where did that 5927 fix go?

[12:29] Simon Linden: We learned the hard way that a large-scale change wasn't possible, so are looking at doing things in smaller steps

[12:29] JoyofRLC Acker: im have been doing a lot of readin in the last 2 or 3 weeks

[12:29] Kallista Destiny: Yeah... took me 8 tries to get in, then it was to a hum

[12:29] Kallista Destiny: hub

[12:29] JoyofRLC Acker: that makes a lot of sense

[12:29] Kallista Destiny: Le Tigre

[12:29] Simon Linden: There were some system problems recently, I'm not sure what's been fixed or not, but logins were borked

[12:30] Simon Linden: (like at noon)

[12:30] Meeter: Timecheck : User Group is half over

[12:30] Leonel Iceghost: every now and then logins break for some people, is always the same problem?

[12:30] Rex Cronon: kallista, it took me 20 minutes to login

[12:30] Andrew Linden: Kallista, have you, or do you know of anyone who has, tested 5927 on LeTigre yet?

[12:30] Kadah Coba: http://status.secondlifegrid.net/2011/11/15/post1477/

[12:31] Kallista Destiny: As far as we can tell there is not a Gorean region on Le Tiger. I have asked

[12:31] Kallista Destiny: People get upset whe 30 of us swarm their region fighting

[12:32] Kallista Destiny: Could you put Sardar on Le Tiger instead of Magnum?

[12:33] Simon Linden: I think Oskar handles the distribution requests

[12:33] Andrew Linden: Yes, I could probably do that, or at least coordinate with Oskar on it.

[12:33] Kallista Destiny: Thank you

[12:33] Ima Mechanique: my home sime is on LeTigre, you can come swarm me

[12:34] Kallista Destiny: Was most frustrating over th weekend we had a big raid and everyghing went all slow and laggy.

[12:34] Kallista Destiny: Ima what is the region name? and is it Adult?

[12:35] Ima Mechanique: Cichlid, and it's Mature

[12:35] Andrew Linden: Hrm... what happened to Hasgar Kallisata?

[12:36] Kallista Destiny: She had to abandon it, no money Left a hole in our continent too.

[12:36] Andrew Linden: ok

[12:38] Andrew Linden: I think the stuff on Magnum is next in line for promotion to the main server channel

[12:38] Andrew Linden: assuming nothing more important bumps it

[12:38] Andrew Linden: so it would most likely promote in two weeks, not three

[12:39] Fancy Detector: Kelly Linden has arrived!

[12:39] Andrew Linden: Kallista, I usually require confirmation from the region owner for moving regions to new channels.

[12:39] Ima Mechanique: hi Kelly

[12:39] Simon Linden: Magnum got promoted today, but I don't know what it's getting tomorrow

[12:39] Andrew Linden: I'm not sure what Oskar requires. I'll ask him.

[12:40] Kallista Destiny: I'll have Yasmin contact you (assuming that she is on today)

[12:40] Andrew Linden: But an IM from Sardar's owner is enough for me.

[12:41] Kallista Destiny: Clearly you need it before tomorrow AM right?

[12:41] Andrew Linden: No, anytime.

[12:42] Andrew Linden: I can move the channel before or after tomorrow's roll.

[12:42] Kallista Destiny: OK I'll get a message to her

[12:42] Kallista Destiny: alright we reboot regularly anyway

[12:43] Andrew Linden: Although... she probably doesn't want it to move until after the update -- with the region crossing bug fixed (SVC-7418)

[12:43] Vincent Nacon: wow... logging sucks!

[12:43] Kallista Destiny: Nods

[12:43] Rex Cronon: rigth vincent

[12:43] Kallista Destiny: althought we only have one neighbor right now :(

[12:44] Kadah Coba: My region is still in main, how boring :P

[12:44] Kallista Destiny: I do want to thank you again for the works that you have done on this isue.

[12:44] Andrew Linden: You're welcome.

[12:45] Vincent Nacon: anything on prim drifting issue? I know I migh've missed it

[12:46] Andrew Linden: A little bit Vincent...

[12:46] Kallista Destiny: any clues yet as to the nature of the login problem?

[12:46] Imaze Rhiano: ya... you should move to SW corner in your sim

[12:46] Kallista Destiny: lol closer to the origin?

[12:46] Andrew Linden: I talked to Falcon and he thinks maybe the problem is related to using time periods that are not multiples of the physics step (1/45th of a second)

[12:47] Andrew Linden: Maestro Linden hasn't been able to reproduce the drift yet.

[12:47] Susie Chaffe: the timing suggested by Falcon does make a difference

[12:47] Vincent Nacon: might be related to issue I was having with SetKeyFramedMotion

[12:47] Andrew Linden: I had an idea right before this meeting... the problem may be more pronounced near the NE corner of the region (if it is just floating point drift).

[12:47] Simon Linden: That makes a lot of sense ... if the time interval isn't on 1/45th of a second, it probably has to interpolate or pick the nearest frame value

[12:48] Vincent Nacon: yeah, but worst part is, it could drift more than 0.2ms from assigned vector

[12:48] Vincent Nacon: I mean 0.2meter

[12:48] Andrew Linden: The "should be multiple of 1/45th" problem is probably fixable. Minor discrepancies when changing frames could be measured and carried into the next frame.

[12:49] Vincent Nacon: (just let you know, I have a fever going on, I might type in extra word or misplaced words.)

[12:49] Andrew Linden: However, I think floating point drift is still going to be a problem.

[12:49] Simon Linden: Vincent - how and far is the last movement compared to that size?

[12:50] Vincent Nacon: actually, it seem to be worst if you assigned its speed faster

[12:50] Vincent Nacon: than distance

[12:50] Vincent Nacon: like... 8 meter in 0.9 second

[12:50] Vincent Nacon: would skip about 0.2 meter

[12:51] Simon Linden: Well, they probably interact ... if you were moving 4.5 m in 1 second, with 45 frames that's 0.1 m per frame

[12:51] Vincent Nacon: but it's normal when speed is 1 or higher

[12:51] Vincent Nacon: sorry, not speed. Time

[12:51] Vincent Nacon: it's still under 250ms in speed

[12:51] Susie Chaffe: take a look at Kaluura's last test in http://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Scripting/llSetKeyframedMotion-turning-a-corner/td-p/1225219 ..the drift is negligible

[12:51] Vincent Nacon: but would skip anyway

[12:52] Simon Linden: Right, but if you're using a time interval that's not an even 1/45, you could get errors up to 0.1m (assuming there is no interpolation)

[12:52] Rex Cronon: why not fill a sim with objects that check their pos every minute and report any changes?

[12:52] Object: Hello, Avatar!

[12:52] Vincent Nacon: you can't Rex

[12:52] Rex Cronon: i think u can

[12:52] Vincent Nacon: moving_end event isn't working with that function yet

[12:53] Vincent Nacon: and using timer wouldn't be best choice if sim changed its frame

[12:53] Rex Cronon: i wasn't thinking of using that function

[12:53] Vincent Nacon: what then?

[12:53] Rex Cronon: timer

[12:53] Vincent Nacon: yeah..

[12:54] Vincent Nacon: I don't trust timer to do best for testing, not even in a logical state

[12:55] Meeter: Timecheck : User Group is almost over

[12:55] Imaze Rhiano: what are values for KFM_MODE and KFM_FORWARD?

[12:55] Vincent Nacon: maybe when testing by stopping it at each ends

[12:55] Vincent Nacon: but that might not be best way to test it

[12:56] Rex Cronon: u put timer in next sim, and have all the prims listen to it:)

[12:56] Vincent Nacon: worth a try though

[12:56] Simon Linden: KFM_MODE is 1, FORWARD is 0

[12:56] Vincent Nacon: listener? I don't trust that more than timer

[12:56] Vincent Nacon: :P

[12:57] Andrew Linden: What do you trust Vincent?

[12:57] Vincent Nacon: only if this fever could go away

[12:57] Rex Cronon: it might be worth a try

[12:57] Vincent Nacon: I don't trust anything, actually

[12:57] Vincent Nacon: :P

[12:57] Flip Idlemind: Good idea

[12:58] Vincent Nacon: problem is, what if this "drift" is only affecting in a loop?

[12:59] Susie Chaffe: I will a lot more testing now this is on the main grid...see what results

[12:59] Rex Cronon: it might happen only on collisions or when avatars sit on them

[12:59] Vincent Nacon: for non-physical object?

[12:59] Techwolf Lupindo: I finaially got in.

[12:59] Vincent Nacon: one minute left, Wolf

[12:59] Vincent Nacon: :P

[12:59] Rex Cronon: welcome. i needed 20 minutes to get in. u took an hour

[13:00] Vincent Nacon: :/

[13:00] Kallista Destiny: Good timing Tech...

[13:00] Kallista Destiny: I needed 20 also

[13:00] Vincent Nacon: took me 40 mins

[13:00] Meeter: Thank you for coming to the Server User Group

[13:00] Techwolf Lupindo: http://etitsup.com/slstats/

[13:00] Techwolf Lupindo: explains it.

[13:00] Ima Mechanique: Hi TechWolf

[13:00] Kallista Destiny: Thanks Andrew Kelly and Simon

[13:00] Andrew Linden: Ack. Bummer. I don't know what is breaking the logins.

[13:00] Fancy Detector: Kelly Linden has arrived!

[13:00] Vincent Nacon: got meeting afterward, Andrew?

[13:01] Kallista Destiny: me too

[13:01] Kadah Coba: I was getting caps failures too when I was finally able to get in.

[13:01] Andrew Linden: no meetings at 13:00 anymore

[13:01] JoyofRLC Acker: *cough erm i havent had any problems loggin in lol

[13:01] Vincent Nacon: yay

[13:01] Andrew Linden: but I do need to go eat some food (or die)

[13:01] Vincent Nacon: want to stick around for a bit?

[13:01] Flip Idlemind: I didn't get a log in "failure", it just took a long time

[13:01] Vincent Nacon: oh ok

[13:01] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Heh.

[13:01] Vincent Nacon: no snack at desk, eh?

[13:01] Andrew Linden: If you have a topic I can hang out for a few minutes.

[13:02] JoyofRLC Acker: byeee

[13:02] Vincent Nacon: ahh who am I kidding, I can't really think much with fever going on

[13:02] Vincent Nacon: muhaha!

[13:02] Leonel Iceghost: Andrew will llGetGender be implemented some day? for proper mesages to people, it is very hard in some languages to address women without looking funny or totally wrong

[13:02] Andrew Linden: Huh. Interesting request, and good point.

[13:02] Kadah Coba: llGetGender would be fail.

[13:02] Questar Utu: ^

[13:03] Simon Linden: yeah, I dont' want to think about the can of worms that might open

[13:03] Leonel Iceghost: just like language, if people don't want to share they don't.. why fail

[13:03] Questar Utu: Some guys use female shapes because there are some proportions you can't access with a male shape, and vice versa.

[13:03] Flip Idlemind: Wouldn't be accurate without knowing RL details...and even then

[13:03] Kadah Coba: I use a female shape.

[13:03] Vincent Nacon: yeah, it could work but might be what simon said

[13:03] Leonel Iceghost: you could chose not to share

[13:03] Leonel Iceghost: like language

[13:03] Simon Linden: It would probably be something more generic like llGetAvatarInfo( integer info_type ) but there would be all sorts of privacy questions

[13:03] Ima Mechanique: and for the Adult regions, llGetSex, and llHasSex

[13:03] Kadah Coba: Just use gender neutral pronouns

[13:03] Vincent Nacon: what if people put "robot" in their gender input?

[13:04] Simon Linden: err, llGetAvatarInfo( key avatar, integer info_type )

[13:04] Vincent Nacon: or "yes please"

[13:04] Leonel Iceghost: privacy?! you can look at their avies and tell for yourself :S

[13:04] Techwolf Lupindo: There needs to be a LSL gender.

[13:04] Flip Idlemind: Or "both", or "neither", or "3rd option"

[13:04] Vincent Nacon: I dunno, sounds like another data to add into profile mess

[13:04] Techwolf Lupindo: It was funny watching an emote to a female...but it was amale avatar onthe object.

[13:04] Rex Cronon: llgetses(uuid key) sounds funny:)

[13:04] Rex Cronon: llgetsex*

[13:04] Ima Mechanique: hmm gender would have to be a flag of four options ;-)

[13:05] Questar Utu: Honestly, it's such a precarious function idea, and such a trivial thing otherwise.

[13:05] Ima Mechanique: male, female, neither, both

[13:05] Andrew Linden: llGetASL()?

[13:05] Leonel Iceghost: male, female, unknown

[13:05] Leonel Iceghost: I just want to say "Good job" to the user!

[13:05] Vincent Nacon: muhaha!

[13:05] Simon Linden: yeah, the code would probably be simple, the social issues huge

[13:05] Ima Mechanique: neither could cover unknown

[13:05] Techwolf Lupindo: male, female, none, and optional transgender or hermicialic.

[13:05] Rex Cronon: well there r more than just 2 genders. it needs to return a int value:)

[13:06] Questar Utu: .. Wtf?

[13:06] Leonel Iceghost: I undestand your concerns, but you can say "Good job" to people in neutral.. it is no so easy in other languages

[13:06] Questar Utu: Did everything just get screwed up for everyone else?

[13:06] Vincent Nacon: no

[13:06] Simon Linden: nope

[13:06] Flip Idlemind: Define Everything

[13:06] Leonel Iceghost: and that's a bigger problem than some people not wanting to share

[13:06] Rex Cronon: questar, u mean logins?

[13:06] Questar Utu: I gotta get a screenshot of this, wtf..

[13:06] Vincent Nacon: polygon vomit?

[13:06] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Uh oh, Runitai's build just had a flop?

[13:06] Flip Idlemind: Oh it is rainbowy and triangle-y?

[13:07] Andrew Linden: Sometimes render bugs are really trippy.

[13:07] Rex Cronon: maybe your graphics cars burned a memory array:)

[13:07] Rex Cronon: graphics card*

[13:07] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Nah, Runitai's OpenGL 3 changes are still highly experimental.

[13:07] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: There's quite a few bugs in it.

[13:08] Questar Utu: I have NEVER seen anything like this; http://i.imgur.com/I6xwF.jpg

[13:08] Flip Idlemind: Speaking of, guess what? I was able to get all that stuff into my viewer (me...the copy and paste guy)

[13:08] Leonel Iceghost: for example hotmail, google, yahoo asks you for gender.. you never thought why? because they could not "talk" to the user otherwise in some languages!

[13:08] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Vertex data corruption

[13:08] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Try toggling VBO under graphics > advanced, hon.

[13:08] Ima Mechanique: Xentha, nVidia or AMD? looks like the old AMD problem

[13:08] Flip Idlemind: Actually I got creative with it...no way I was gonna copy and paste all that

[13:09] Flip Idlemind: And, yeah, just like I said, rainbowy and triangle-y

[13:09] Simon Linden: That's pretty cool

[13:09] Questar Utu: THat's got it.

[13:09] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Xen's on NVIDIA but the vertex buffer still has some issues.

[13:09] Questar Utu: Toggling VB fixed it.

[13:09] Ima Mechanique: hehe looks like SL on acid

[13:09] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Yeah, toggling VBO will clear the vertex data pool on Runitai's build now.

[13:09] Vincent Nacon: later all, time for me to rest

[13:10] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: See you Andrew & Simon.

[13:10] Simon Linden: Thanks everyone for coming and the good chate

[13:10] Andrew Linden: See you all later.

[13:10] Simon Linden: chat too

[13:10] Andrew Linden: Yes, get some rest Vincent.

[13:10] Kadah Coba: Seeya Andrew

[13:10] Qie Niangao: Thanks, Lindens.

[13:10] Leonel Iceghost: bye Andrew

[13:10] Leonel Iceghost: bye Simon

[13:10] Kadah Coba: Later Simon

[13:10] Andrew Linden: I will post transcripts soon for those who were late.

[13:10] Vincent Nacon: thanks

[13:10] Rex Cronon: tc simon, andrew and everybody else

[13:10] Kadah Coba: To lunch!

[13:11] Ima Mechanique: bye all

[13:11] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Yay, Linux build was successful. Time to try the new fixes.



Simulator_User_Group

Prev 2011.11.11 Next 2011.11.18