Simulator User Group/Transcripts/2011.12.20

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Simulator_User_Group

Prev 2011.12.16 Next 2012.01.03

List of Speakers

Andrew Linden Arawn Spitteler Fancy Detector
Governor Linden Kallista Destiny Kaluura Boa
Kelly Linden Leonel Iceghost Liisa Runo
Nalates Urriah Pauline Darkfury Ponyboy Galaxy
Qie Niangao Rex Cronon Sahkolihaa Contepomi
Simon Linden Squirrel Wood Talarus Luan
Vincent Nacon Yuzuru Jewell

Transcript

[12:00] Squirrel Wood: Hello Andrew!

[12:00] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Hey Andrew.

[12:00] Kallista Destiny: Hi Andrew

[12:00] Andrew Linden: hello

[12:00] Talarus Luan: Huh.. that's interesting.. prims clip name tags. O.o

[12:00] Meeter: Welcome to the Server User Group

[12:01] Squirrel Wood: Feel free to sit on the ring :)

[12:01] Kallista Destiny: Ahh it gets larger

[12:01] Squirrel Wood: the animations in it are freebie ones. most badly aligned if at all :)

[12:02] Rex Cronon: hello everybody

[12:02] Andrew Linden: ah, so it does get bigger

[12:02] Talarus Luan: I have a hard time "resting" on anything. :P

[12:02] Kallista Destiny: Hi simon

[12:02] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Hey Simon.

[12:02] Simon Linden: Hello everyone

[12:02] Rex Cronon: hello simon

[12:02] Squirrel Wood: Hellos!

[12:02] Squirrel Wood: Your Meeroos are low on nibbles!

[12:02] Talarus Luan: But I come equipped with my own stand. :D

[12:03] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: It's a Kelly.

[12:03] Simon Linden: yeah, I have to buy some food for them soon

[12:03] Kallista Destiny: Hey Kelly

[12:03] Fancy Detector: Simon Linden has arrived!

[12:03] Fancy Detector: Andrew Linden has arrived!

[12:03] Fancy Detector: Kelly Linden has arrived!

[12:03] Ponyboy Galaxy: Oh hey, guess there is a meeting today

[12:04] Andrew Linden: Yes, we're meeting today, but not Friday.

[12:04] Kallista Destiny: Looks that way

[12:04] Ponyboy Galaxy: Coolio

[12:04] Andrew Linden: Also, we said that we'd meet next week, but it looks like we wont' be meeting next week after all.

[12:05] Kallista Destiny: Not at all.... OK

[12:05] Andrew Linden: Turns out we'll all be on vacation next both Tues and Friday next week.

[12:05] Kallista Destiny: You need a break from us anway

[12:06] Squirrel Wood: Enjoy the vacation :)

[12:06] Rex Cronon: have fun unpacking presents:)

[12:06] Andrew Linden: I'll try to remember to mention it again at the end of the meeting.

[12:06] Leonel Iceghost: I cannot stop looking at it Liisa, I'm sure that's the feeling first people with a TV felt

[12:07] Leonel Iceghost: :P

[12:07] Liisa Runo: ^^

[12:07] Liisa Runo: hopefully the frist video camera was lil bit faster than llCastRay

[12:07] Yuzuru Jewell: Please tell us the day of next meeting. Is it 1/10?

[12:07] Kallista Destiny chuckles

[12:08] Simon Linden: It should be Tuesday Jan 3rd

[12:08] Yuzuru Jewell: Oh.

[12:08] Andrew Linden: Yup.

[12:08] Andrew Linden: Ok, news...

[12:09] Andrew Linden: I think we mentioned it already, but it should be repeated: there won't be any server updates until the new year.

[12:09] Kallista Destiny: nods nods

[12:09] Leonel Iceghost: will you work on new things in the meantime, or nothing at all

[12:09] Andrew Linden: However we'll be doing some rolling restarts between now and then just to keep the simulator processes from getting too old.

[12:10] Arawn Spitteler: For Andrew, nothing at all would be something new.

[12:10] Andrew Linden: Also, I think the kernel updgrades are not complete yet. Those will proceed this week.

[12:10] Andrew Linden: I think they should be done before Dec 25th (maybe on 23rd).

[12:10] Pauline Darkfury: Yeah, looks like the kernel rollout is ongoing

[12:10] Kallista Destiny: Will you be restarting Islands or just mainland?

[12:11] Kallista Destiny: to prevent the bloat for killing things?

[12:11] Andrew Linden: Kallista, I think the restarts next week will be all regions, perhaps even on the normal rolling update schedule.

[12:11] Kallista Destiny: Nods

[12:12] Pauline Darkfury: I'd certainly hope it's all regions, otherwise we don't get the full benefit of it

[12:12] Andrew Linden: I'll have to double check my email to verify that is what the schedule will be.

[12:12] Kallista Destiny: Pauline, Islands have EMs who can restart things

[12:13] Andrew Linden: For the most part we won't be working on much new code during the holidays.

[12:13] Simon Linden: In any case, Pauline, I'm sure it's on a per-server-host basis, so those regions would all benefit

[12:13] Pauline Darkfury: I know, but it's a massive amount of effort to restart 250+ regions, even with a team to do it

[12:13] Object: Hello, Avatar!

[12:13] Andrew Linden: A lot of people will be on vacation, so new code and even fixes won't be completed very fast.

[12:13] Kallista Destiny: for mainland ....

[12:14] Kallista Destiny: I bresume that your 250+ regions are devided into multipl estates?

[12:14] Kallista Destiny: divided

[12:14] Talarus Luan: Eagerly awaiting llSetRegionPos() :D

[12:14] Pauline Darkfury: About 200 or so estates

[12:14] Pauline Darkfury: We have a few mini-continents that are multi-region estates

[12:15] Vincent Nacon: sorry, I know you guys missed my sofa

[12:15] Andrew Linden: I'll verify the restart plans and get back to you Pauline, if I don't have an answer by the end of this hour.

[12:15] Pauline Darkfury: Just as long as there's something suitable in the status blog, Andrew

[12:15] Pauline Darkfury: and my own vote is "restart everything"

[12:17] Andrew Linden: That's all the news that I've got. Simon and Kelly might have more.

[12:17] Ponyboy Galaxy: llSetRegionPos() and a matching primparams flag sound great, but that reminds me, what's the status of that bug with the original (hacky) posjump

[12:17] Simon Linden: The new code with llSetRegionPos() is on the beta grid, fwiw Try "Mesh Sandbox 23" and "25"

[12:17] Kallista Destiny: I think I agree with Pauline, just because lots of EMs will be on the road

[12:18] Kaluura Boa: It has been proved that if the parcel on 0,0 is no-entry, the bug kicks in.

[12:18] Pauline Darkfury: Yup, and there are some EOs/EMs who are less proactive, and we all have a chance of sharing a host with their regions

[12:18] Ponyboy Galaxy: Is there a PrimitiveParams flag that goes with llSetRegionPos()? And is there any limitation on it

[12:19] Andrew Linden: I think the llSetRegionPos() is being implemented to help replace the bugged posJump

[12:19] Simon Linden: We're not planning on "fixing" the posJump breakage, Pony. The fix that broke it involves some edge cases with object movement that were being exploited by griefers, which want to make sure are still enforced

[12:19] Kallista Destiny: Hmm does server bloat also effect the co hosted regions?

[12:19] Kallista Destiny: I suppose if it drives the server to paging it would

[12:20] Simon Linden: There currently is no PrimitiveParms flag that gets the same functionality (without the 10m limit) as llSetREgionPos()

[12:20] Liisa Runo: if i show you that the griefers are not goign to be affected by this change at all, will you undo the "fix" ?

[12:20] Pauline Darkfury: It will do, Kallista, if one of the same server regions has bloated to a horrible size

[12:20] Andrew Linden: Liisa, which "fix" are you referring to?

[12:21] Liisa Runo: the fix that broke posjump

[12:21] Ponyboy Galaxy: Could we pretty please get such a flag? I like to do as many things within a single llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast call as possible

[12:21] Pauline Darkfury: It kinda sounds like llSetRegionPos will hit RC real soon, so any un-fixing would be on approx same timescale, I'd guess. If that's a fair summary at this point, I'd much rather just have the clean fix

[12:22] Simon Linden: Any fix would actually be later than llSetRegionPos(), as it wouldn't likely get any programmer attention this week, so we'd be looking at January before it would even start QA

[12:23] Simon Linden: The code that's on Aditi now will hopefully be our next RC server

[12:23] Talarus Luan: Liisa, are you saying that the specific fix doesn't work, or that griefers will find other ways anyway?

[12:23] Andrew Linden: That is, the code that is on Sandbox 25 and 24 on aditi.

[12:23] Liisa Runo: alrighty, so just brace yourselfs, this will not stop griefers. still atleast 3 other methods to ignore silly no-entry settings

[12:24] Pauline Darkfury: One thing I'd like to suggest is getting llSetRegionPos() onto RC with a relatively simple and high success probability build, so that it doesn't end up getting delayed for weeks and weeks due to bugs in other complex stuff

[12:24] Simon Linden: I'm sure there will always be griefers ... and they probably will come up with some imaginative things for llSetRegionPos() that we haven't thought of

[12:24] Talarus Luan: Probably a server-maint build, then

[12:24] Squirrel Wood: if that command employs hard limits for the values then you should be fine

[12:25] Simon Linden: It does, Squirrely

[12:25] Liisa Runo: no-entry is a guideline, not a law. prevent one method of ignoring it will only make people use less efficient and laggy methods to ignore it

[12:25] Andrew Linden: How simple is the list of modifcations that share the RC with llSetRegionPos() Simon? That is, what is the risk that the RC might fail?

[12:25] Pauline Darkfury: It has no limits within the region, that's the point of it, just should respect object entry on the dest parcel (but only if that's not the same parcel it's already on, presumably)

[12:25] Kelly Linden: There is quite a bit in that server maintenance, but less I think than was in the last one.

[12:26] Simon Linden: I think it's set up now for the fastest release path

[12:27] Pauline Darkfury: I'm just thinking that the last one was rather painful watching llMinEventDelay being broken for about an extra month, due to various fails in the RC stage

[12:27] Simon Linden: ... and if you folks want to hammer it on the beta grid, that's always a big help :)

[12:27] Pauline Darkfury: (unless of course, the fails were specific to it, which I don't know)

[12:28] Ponyboy Galaxy: I dread the answer to this, based on the name, but...does llSetRegionPos() allow moving into an adjacent region

[12:28] Leonel Iceghost: maybe you can create a new release candidate just to fix things broken in the main

[12:28] Squirrel Wood: hmm... might update my terraformer with it ..

[12:28] Talarus Luan: yup, up to 10m

[12:28] Simon Linden: yeah, it's frustrating to have it delayed due to other bugs. It's also a pain discovering those things really late in the game, but certainly a lot better than discovering it Tuesday afternoon after the full grid rollout

[12:29] Ponyboy Galaxy: Ok all sounds good, except for I would still love love love a PRIM_REGION_POSITION flag to go with it

[12:29] Kaluura Boa: ME too!

[12:29] Ponyboy Galaxy: Or something similar

[12:29] Liisa Runo: n me

[12:30] Kaluura Boa: Should be PRIM_POS_REGION... To go with PRIM_POS_LOCAL

[12:30] Ponyboy Galaxy: And it's shorter

[12:30] Andrew Linden: Ponyboy, you mean for llSetLinkPrimitiveParams()?

[12:30] Meeter: Timecheck : User Group is half over

[12:30] Ponyboy Galaxy: Yes and that whole family of functions

[12:30] Liisa Runo: llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast

[12:32] Leonel Iceghost: who turned off the tv! I was watching it

[12:32] Liisa Runo: autoreturn

[12:32] Simon Linden: Well, the function works on the root prim position only, so it's not really appropriate for llSetLINKPrimitiveParamsFast.

[12:32] Vincent Nacon: they just want the "FAST" part

[12:32] Talarus Luan: llSetRegionPos won't have a delay

[12:32] Kaluura Boa: Yes it is, with llSLLPPF(LINK_THIS or LINK_ROOT

[12:32] Vincent Nacon: I know, being silly

[12:32] Andrew Linden: Yes but, the argument was made that the llSLPPF() calls can do multiple operations in one call: pos and rotation.

[12:33] Kaluura Boa: That's what we want a primitive param.

[12:33] Liisa Runo: dont forget that we have stuff like PRIM_LINK_TARGET so we can now do all kinds of stuff without sub scripts and stuff, we want to do everything with llSLPPFast

[12:33] Kaluura Boa: why*

[12:34] Pauline Darkfury: I don't see it as something which should delay getting llSetRegionPos, but also can see some cases where it would be handy for SLPPF

[12:34] Simon Linden: ok ... well, no promises here, except we'll talk it over and see what might be appropriate. I can certainly see that doing the move and rotation in one shot would be nice, and can possibly avoid extra updates sent to the viewer if it was done in 2 steps

[12:35] Kaluura Boa: No, it shouldn't delay... Please! Just think of it for later...

[12:35] Liisa Runo: ill take that as a promise :P

[12:35] Talarus Luan: Fool :P

[12:35] Pauline Darkfury: mmmm, yeah, move+rotate would be one of the stronger cases for it, I think

[12:35] Andrew Linden: I think I'm in favor of adding it. Seems like a useful call to me.

[12:35] Kaluura Boa: Not a promise, it's a written contract... I have proof in my chat log... :P

[12:35] Rex Cronon: moving and rotating in one shot is not just nice, is quite needed

[12:36] Pauline Darkfury: even without it on SLPPF, you'll be able to move+rotate in the short term using it, just it might be in 2 separate frames (and updates)

[12:36] Talarus Luan: I just wish I could unbundle a few other PRIM_* rules. Fighting with code now to work around that mess. :-/

[12:36] Squirrel Wood: just make it so that it affects the root prim if this flag is used.

[12:36] Ponyboy Galaxy: Plus, if for example I'm doing many movements in a row, each of which may or may not be more than 10 meters away, I don't want to have to check every time to see if I should use llSetRegionPos() or llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast

[12:36] Ruth Meeroo whispers: Simon Linden will you please pick me up and snuggle me?

[12:36] Squirrel Wood: and document it

[12:37] Pauline Darkfury: Right, yeah, pulling out the various bits which should be individually settable from PRIM_TYPE, PRIM_COLOR, PRIM_TEXTURE, and poss some others, that would be a much bigger need from my point of view

[12:37] Talarus Luan: Oh, one question I had about it.. if there is land between origin and destination, will it ignore it?

[12:37] Talarus Luan: That's kind of a problem with WarpPos.

[12:38] Ponyboy Galaxy: Land you can't enter, you mean?

[12:38] Simon Linden: Yes Talarus, it ignores anything in-between

[12:38] Andrew Linden: yes, it does not query the intermediate points.

[12:38] Talarus Luan: No, physical ground, like a mountain

[12:38] Talarus Luan: terrain

[12:38] Talarus Luan: Cool

[12:38] Squirrel Wood: no no-script zones that can stop the prim dead in its track

[12:38] Talarus Luan: I figured it would, but better safe than sorry to ask now. :D

[12:38] Simon Linden: It checks the destination point's parcel permissions, but not if you have a path to get there

[12:39] Pauline Darkfury: it's essentially a TP, rather than a move, right?

[12:39] Andrew Linden: yes

[12:39] Talarus Luan: A TP for objects. :D

[12:39] Ponyboy Galaxy: WarpPos (not PosJump) would get stuck if there was a no-entry parcel in the way

[12:39] Talarus Luan: and it would get stopped by terrain.

[12:40] Pauline Darkfury: warpPos is also relatively evil in terms of CPU usage, number of updates, etc

[12:40] Talarus Luan: Usually, you had to warp straight up to 500m, move over to dest X,Y,500, then back to dest X,Y,Z

[12:40] Simon Linden: right, it is taking steps to get to the destination

[12:40] Pauline Darkfury: although mostly not called frequently enough to be a big deal

[12:40] Pauline Darkfury: yeah, warpPos just spams the position

[12:41] Leonel Iceghost: will you separate PRIM_TYPE and those stuff one day?

[12:41] Pauline Darkfury: Worst case on warpPos is about 450-ish position changes

[12:41] Andrew Linden: What do you mean "separate PRIM_TYPE", Leonel?

[12:42] Talarus Luan: Even just unbundling PRIM_TEXTURE, PRIM_COLOR, and PRIM_BUMP_SHINY would uncomplicate lots of appearance scripts.

[12:42] Talarus Luan: He means SCR-4

[12:42] JIRA-helper: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SCR-4

[#SCR-4] Unbundle PRIM_* rules for llSetPrimitiveParams and similar functions to allow for individual parameter settings for all possible parameters.

[12:42] Pauline Darkfury: the various cuts, slices, twists, tapers, etc

[12:42] Leonel Iceghost: what Talarus said, but not only texture.. type is needed for other things

[12:42] Talarus Luan: We STILL need something to alter slice.

[12:42] Pauline Darkfury: But also texture repeats, offsets, rotations, color separate from alpha, etc

[12:42] Kaluura Boa: Maybe in the box, we can PRIM_SLICE too...

[12:42] Talarus Luan: It is impossible to set via script

[12:42] Kaluura Boa: +find

[12:43] Arawn Spitteler: After using PRIM_TYPE, scripting a vehicle was easy.

[12:43] Talarus Luan: hehe

[12:43] Talarus Luan: That's encouraging. :P

[12:43] Qie Niangao: yeah, that lack of PRIM_SLICE is a real hindrance

[12:43] Ponyboy Galaxy: There was also at one point talk of a "STAY_THE_SAME" flag (or something similar) for if you wanted to change texture repeats or offset but not actually change the texture

[12:44] Ponyboy Galaxy: Especially if you don't actually have perms on the existing texture, so you can't get its UUID

[12:44] Liisa Runo: and the worst part is, setting prim type with script actually undo the slice that is done manually with viewer, gives me impression of bugged behavior

[12:44] Leonel Iceghost: that flag would also work for me.. it is a pain to request params just to modify a simple number

[12:44] Kaluura Boa: That idea of a dummy flag doesn't fly. Such a flag would have to mutate into integer, float, vector, rotation, depending on wht it replaces.

[12:44] Pauline Darkfury: Yeah, I don't much like the stay the same thing

[12:45] Rex Cronon: u use NULL:)

[12:45] Kaluura Boa: Or else llSPP() would complain...

[12:45] Pauline Darkfury: It also makes the lists much larger than really needed for some cases

[12:45] Talarus Luan: I don't care how it is implemented. :P

[12:45] Arawn Spitteler: System could just recognize "" as a dummy UUID, since Keys are a subclass of text

[12:45] Ponyboy Galaxy: Ah if only there were a NULL

[12:45] Kaluura Boa: Me neither... I'd be just happy...

[12:45] Andrew Linden: Ah I see... Kelly commented on SCR-4 saying it is a big project.

[12:45] Liisa Runo: and more scipt mem!

[12:46] Talarus Luan: yus

[12:46] Kelly Linden: Yes. Because it is. :)

[12:46] Pauline Darkfury: Are there any bits of it that would be "quick and easy"?

[12:46] Talarus Luan: Gimme. I'll write it. :P

[12:46] Leonel Iceghost: maybe one at the time? in one year we could have all of them

[12:46] Leonel Iceghost: you add stuff to llSLPP all the time

[12:47] Qie Niangao: You know, there's something kind of broken, that it's easier to extend the VIEWER's idea of prim operations than it is to do that for the scripting language.

[12:47] Pauline Darkfury: some of the features should have a 1:1 mapping onto existing single-item llSet*, would they be an easy short term win to add PRIM_* flags?

[12:47] Kaluura Boa: Texture is my favorite to be the first worked on...

[12:47] Talarus Luan: I'll order a supply of codesickness bags and plow through it. :P

[12:47] Pauline Darkfury: color & texture, for example, have single-param functions already

[12:48] Vincent Nacon: sorry I didn't say much, gotta go. Later all

[12:48] Kaluura Boa: llSetLinkTextureOffset()? Not on my list...

[12:48] Pauline Darkfury: PRIM_TYPE is one I can see qualifying as "big project"

[12:48] Talarus Luan: Ciao, Vincent

[12:48] Leonel Iceghost: but they have delays I think Pauline, so they cannot link them

[12:48] Pauline Darkfury: color & texture don't have delays right now, I think?

[12:49] Laggi Meeroo whispers: Simon Linden will you please pick me up and snuggle me?

[12:49] Kaluura Boa: Yeah but you have to put a script in every child prim and use link messages... or use all the params of llSLPPF()... Not a good choice.

[12:49] Leonel Iceghost: I don't remember, there are some with delays I found the hard way

[12:50] Andrew Linden: Well, perhaps adding a single new param to llSPPF() wouldn't be too hard. Maybe I'll try it in my copious spare time just to see.

[12:50] Talarus Luan: I'm working around it, with lots of looping

[12:50] Talarus Luan: and lots of llGetLinkPrimitiveParams.

[12:50] Andrew Linden: I was thinking about working on a little secret project next week anyway.

[12:50] Talarus Luan: But it is UGGGG-LY

[12:50] Pauline Darkfury: Yeah, just thinking to maybe pick the "low hanging fruit" first, at least get some progress, and would let some stuff get more efficient now rather than later

[12:51] Andrew Linden: I just haven't decided what that project is going to be.

[12:51] Liisa Runo: i know i know

[12:51] Talarus Luan: I like those kinds of projects. :D

[12:51] Leonel Iceghost: that's the problem basically, even with the workarounds... you don't have a PRIM_TARGET for llGetLPP

[12:51] Pauline Darkfury: e.g. I've got code which just does 10 llSetLinkColor calls in rapid succession, because PRIM_* is too painful for them

[12:51] Kaluura Boa: SCR-4 is a good secret project... We won't tell!

[12:51] Ponyboy Galaxy: Just to say, PRIM_TARGET works for getting params as well as setting them

[12:51] Rex Cronon: how about llSetHealth(integer val) :)

[12:51] Ponyboy Galaxy: I've used that to speed some things up

[12:51] Andrew Linden: What would "PRIM_TARGET" do?

[12:52] Talarus Luan: Change the link you are talking to in-line

[12:52] Pauline Darkfury: PRIM_LINK_TARGET, presumably?

[12:52] Talarus Luan: Yeh

[12:52] Ponyboy Galaxy: Oh yeah that

[12:52] Simon Linden: We have that for setting values ... is there a jira somewhere to add that for getting?

[12:52] Ponyboy Galaxy: It works for getting, currently

[12:52] Talarus Luan: Pony says it works.

[12:52] Leonel Iceghost: does it? it didn't when I tried

[12:53] Andrew Linden: Pauline, I got some info on the restart schedule: partial grid restart on the 22nd. All regions on the 30th.

[12:53] Simon Linden: I should know this, but it's past the statue of limitations in my memory

[12:53] Talarus Luan: Is that after 6 beers or 12? :P

[12:53] Pauline Darkfury: Ahhh, ok, thanks, Andrew. That explains what those "hardware maint" blogs are about

[12:54] Pauline Darkfury: so, only question, is what's "partial"?

[12:54] Simon Linden: There's a complex formula involving beers and weeks...

[12:55] Pauline Darkfury: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/PRIM_LINK_TARGET says "get or set"

[12:55] Talarus Luan: Anyway, any progress is appreciated, but don't waste your vacation and time with your family worrying over it.

[12:55] Meeter: Timecheck : User Group is almost over

[12:55] Arawn Spitteler: Show your wife how to decorate your parcel.

[12:56] Liisa Runo: wife decorating parcel with wallet of governor

[12:56] Talarus Luan: Governor Linden? :P

[12:57] Liisa Runo: [13:01] Governor Linden: Right now it looks like I have millions and millions of L$.

[12:57] Arawn Spitteler: Imagines Particle Servants, for cooking and cleaning

[12:57] Talarus Luan: Huh someone actually logs into that account? :P

[12:57] Pauline Darkfury: llPrintMoreMoney() :p

[12:58] Andrew Linden: I wanted to mention again near the end of the meeting: there won't be any Simulator User Group meetings next week. We'll be on vacation.

[12:58] Andrew Linden: And there isn't a meeting this Friday either.

[12:58] Arawn Spitteler thinks the governor can say that again.

[13:01] Governor Linden: Right now it looks like I have millions and millions of L$.

[12:58] Andrew Linden: The nex tmeeting will be Tues Jan 3rd.

[12:58] Pauline Darkfury: Enjoy your break, Lindens :)

[12:58] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Enjoy the holidays.

[12:58] Liisa Runo: [12:59] Liisa Runo: im been rezzing trees on your land all over the grid, i hope you dont mind.

[12:59] Governor Linden: oh that's fine. i'll just deduct a fee for each tree from your account balance. thanks for telling me!

[12:59] Liisa Runo: thanks everybody, happy holidays

[12:59] Ponyboy Galaxy: Where does the time go? I remember last year's holiday No Change Window

[12:59] Talarus Luan: Should be paying you. :P

[12:59] Yuzuru Jewell: See you next year!

[12:59] Rex Cronon: u r going to the poor house liisa:)

[12:59] Kallista Destiny: OK, thanks for the meeting

[12:59] Simon Linden: oh before everyone goes...

[12:59] Nalates Urriah: Thx

[12:59] Ponyboy Galaxy: Like it was yesterday .()

[12:59] Andrew Linden: Yes, everyone have some happy holidays.

[12:59] Simon Linden: last week there was mention that keyframed motino wasn't working after a sim restart

[13:00] Talarus Luan: yup

[13:00] Liisa Runo: nope, im not going to the poor house, governor crashes every time she open the land holdings, she cant find all them trees

[13:00] Simon Linden: Is that a regular bug? Is there a jira?

[13:00] Simon Linden: Falcon was asking for more details

[13:00] Rex Cronon: happy holidays to everybody:)

[13:00] Meeter: Thank you for coming to the Server User Group

[13:00] Pauline Darkfury: Indeed, happy holidays, all!

[13:00] Squirrel Wood: Simon

[13:00] Kaluura Boa: See you next year...

[13:00] Squirrel Wood: Your Meeroos are running out of nibbles :)

[13:00] Talarus Luan: I haven't filed one yet, as I wanted to see what happened after this week's rolling restart to see if it happened again, or was just a fluke (seen it happen twice so far)

[13:01] Simon Linden: ok - if you see it again, can you file a jira and either add specifics there? Knowing the region and offending objects would help a lot

[13:01] Talarus Luan: I've got a persistent object that I leave running all the time doing a continuous key-framed motion

[13:01] Talarus Luan: Sure thing.



Simulator_User_Group

Prev 2011.12.16 Next 2012.01.03