Simulator User Group/Transcripts/2012.02.07

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Simulator_User_Group

Prev 2012.02.03 Next 2012.02.10

List of Speakers

Andrew Linden Draconis Neurocam Fancy Detector
Flip Idlemind Gunter Vandyke Ima Mechanique
Jane1 Bookmite Jonathan Yap Kallista Destiny
Kelly Linden Liisa Runo Nalates Urriah
Rex Cronon Sahkolihaa Contepomi Sera Lok
Simon Linden TankMaster Finesmith Tillie Ariantho
TotalChaos Actor Vincent Nacon

Transcript

[12:01] Vincent Nacon: it's always like that when soon released

[12:01] Vincent Nacon: just wait 3 days or so then download it

[12:01] ER-1606: 4 sides detected.

[12:01] Vincent Nacon: but too bad it's not on Bit Torrent

[12:01] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Can't. It's linked to the game already, so I can't even launch it.

[12:02] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: a lot of others are complaining on the forum about it.

[12:02] Vincent Nacon: ahh

[12:02] Vincent Nacon: then good thing I haven't brought the game :)

[12:03] Andrew Linden: Hrm... I don't see Simon yet, but I've pinged him via IRC so maybe he'll show up.

[12:04] Rex Cronon: hello everybody

[12:04] Fancy Detector: Simon Linden has arrived!

[12:04] Vincent Nacon: he's behind you now

[12:04] Andrew Linden: Ah good. Simon is here

[12:04] Simon Linden: Just rezzing in...

[12:05] Fancy Detector: Kelly Linden has arrived!

[12:05] Vincent Nacon: tsk tsk Jane, don't give him lap dance now

[12:05] Sahkolihaa Contepomi continues toying with Chrome Beta for Android ICS for now.

[12:05] Vincent Nacon: heya Kell

[12:05] Andrew Linden: I was hoping you've got some news Simon. I don't have any.

[12:05] Jane1 Bookmite smacks vince,, for fun

[12:06] Simon Linden: hmm, I don't have much

[12:06] Vincent Nacon moans and whine.... for fun

[12:06] Simon Linden: The current code in RC is going to be updated tomorrow ... did you cover those?

[12:06] Andrew Linden: No, not yet.

[12:06] Liisa Runo: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Deploys-for-the-week-of-2012-02-06/td-p/1370981

[12:06] Sahkolihaa Contepomi kicks the sofa.

[12:06] Simon Linden: I have SVC-7650 fixed and that'll go out as an update to the existing code

[12:06] JIRA-helper: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7650

[#SVC-7650] Color change not applied correctly on cylinder when number of faces is change by altering prim properties.

[12:07] Simon Linden: THere's at least one other RC candidate in the works, I know of one with voice fixes and diagnostices, and possibly the region-crossing code in another

[12:08] Vincent Nacon: with the 8 sims corner thing?

[12:08] Simon Linden: No, that's turned off for a while

[12:08] Vincent Nacon: alright

[12:08] Andrew Linden: No not that Vincent. I've got a final fix in some repository, but it isn't wrapped up for testing yet.

[12:08] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Fine, I'll sit here.

[12:08] Vincent Nacon: and assuming SetRegionPos is stuck behind that code?

[12:08] Jonathan Yap: how about removal of flight height limit? Oz said that was in the works

[12:09] Simon Linden: We have another set of bug fixes that we'd like to wrap up this week, targeting next week for RC

[12:09] Liisa Runo: flight height limit is in server? i would imagine it is viewer thing

[12:09] Draconis Neurocam: its in the server

[12:09] Jonathan Yap: No, the need for a flight feather is in the server

[12:09] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Nah, server pushes you down.

[12:09] Andrew Linden: Are we working on that flight height limit thing yet Simon? I hadn't heard.

[12:09] Simon Linden: I'm going to mumble and neither confirm or deny anything about the flight height limit, except to hint that it will be a wonderfully chaotic day when everyone's AO starts sending them into orbit

[12:10] Vincent Nacon: pfft... bully

[12:10] Andrew Linden: It would definitely be a server-side change

[12:10] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: LOL Simon.

[12:10] Tillie Ariantho: ;D

[12:10] Ima Mechanique: looking forward to watching that ;-)

[12:10] Jonathan Yap: There would be a period of disruption if you fly to/from a region that has it on/off compared to where you were coming from

[12:10] Vincent Nacon: it's not that very common that AO has flight assistance

[12:11] Andrew Linden: however I thought the agreement (at least here in user group) was to make the fly height limit an option (on by default)? Was that right?

[12:11] Vincent Nacon: but most firestorm/phoenix users are using the built-in AO in their viewer

[12:11] Andrew Linden: Or would it be better to just uncap the skys for everyone by default?

[12:11] Simon Linden: Right, it varies by the AO, but I think most people with some SL experience end up with one in their inventory

[12:12] Vincent Nacon: but it's not a big deal anyway.... it only make you fly faster.... but not really "Orbit"

[12:12] Liisa Runo: and not all flight assists will orbit the owner, many will have no noticeable effect on removal of the limit

[12:12] Jonathan Yap: If it varied by region I think it would be difficult--sometimes you need a flight feather and other times, you have it on for case 1, but then it zooms you up too much

[12:12] Andrew Linden: Yes but... hover near the transition zone would probably be unstable for most flight assists.

[12:12] Vincent Nacon: I've made my own flight assistance to put me at max speed and.... it's not fast enough like I hoped

[12:13] Draconis Neurocam: i use the terminal velocity of the most massive avatar, so for most people it is far too fast

[12:13] Simon Linden: Our updates can't really keep up with moving at full speed now

[12:13] Jonathan Yap: I was thinking it would be one of those changes you make where the change goes out, but is off, until it is in place everywhere, then you flip a switch

[12:14] Vincent Nacon: yeah, i seriously doubt people would complain about it, more likely be happy to take off their flight assist and be free

[12:14] TotalChaos Actor: what about a simple higher unassisted limit

[12:14] TankMaster Finesmith: it might be nice if the region owner could limit flight, some RPs may take advantage of that

[12:14] TotalChaos Actor: say 1000M

[12:14] Liisa Runo: indeed vincent

[12:14] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: No no, there is ALWAYS one to complain.

[12:14] Vincent Nacon: good idea Tank

[12:14] Jonathan Yap: You can always wear a sinker :p

[12:15] Vincent Nacon: ok fine, maybe some but not as majority

[12:15] TankMaster Finesmith: otherwise unassisted flight up to 4096 would be prefered

[12:15] Vincent Nacon: yes

[12:15] TankMaster Finesmith: or a little higher actually, so you can fly up above 4096 and have griffing things on you auto retrun

[12:15] Jonathan Yap: If a region owner wants to restrict flying up too far they can put out a transparent megaprim as a ceiling

[12:16] Vincent Nacon: turn fly zone checkbox to a integer value input in parcel setting

[12:16] Vincent Nacon: all done

[12:16] Jonathan Yap: If this becomes too much of a project it will sit on the back burner

[12:16] Vincent Nacon: everyone get to be superman!

[12:16] Simon Linden: I'd rather avoid lots of individual settings ... partly because it will be yet another tweaky thing to adjust, and partly because it's more work

[12:16] Rex Cronon: it might be possible that with the right flight assit u can enter such megaprim sky ceilings:)

[12:16] Sera Lok: just uncap it^^

[12:16] Vincent Nacon: non-sense, Simon

[12:17] Liisa Runo: just remove the limit, simple and fast, and ship it next week

[12:17] Simon Linden: Maybe we can move it up 100m every release and see what happens :)

[12:17] Vincent Nacon: but you could just leave out of it in Basic mode viewer

[12:17] Jonathan Yap: lol Simon

[12:17] TankMaster Finesmith: lol

[12:17] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Like others have said. Just remove it - easy.

[12:17] Sera Lok: raise the roof!

[12:17] Andrew Linden: Yeah, Jonathan is right: definitely simpler to just uncap all at once, and that way it may actually get done.

[12:17] Gunter Vandyke: move it up to 2048 would be enough

[12:17] Vincent Nacon: Simon, that's 38 updates from current to 4096m

[12:18] Vincent Nacon: you mad?

[12:18] TankMaster Finesmith: i wouldnt complain if it was completly removed

[12:18] Simon Linden suppresses an evil laugh ... good point

[12:18] Rex Cronon: a flight assist would still be very good at getting u 4km up/down very fast

[12:18] Vincent Nacon: I don't see how anyone would be upset

[12:18] TankMaster Finesmith: less scripts running the better (lack of flight assist scripts)

[12:19] Sera Lok: nods

[12:19] Andrew Linden: ok I guess the table is open (news is done)

[12:19] Liisa Runo: any intresting details in the region crossing tune on the way?

[12:20] Simon Linden: I don't think we have a good idea how many people would get tossed up by their AO ... I can imagine someone who's a casual user with a landmark that drops them in a little abvoe their skybox, and they'd be in for a surprise

[12:20] Vincent Nacon: we (Racer Islands) have 13 or 14 tracks in the sky, we could fly to just travel across the sim but can't fly over the moving cars to avoid

[12:20] Vincent Nacon: but the thing is...

[12:20] Vincent Nacon: we enforce no scripted attachment.... meaning no flight assist

[12:21] Andrew Linden: As I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong Simon) but the "region crossing project" is a work in progress and the pending RC contains a bunch of clean up and not necessarily any major performance improvements.

[12:21] Rex Cronon: what do u have against flight assists vincent?

[12:21] Vincent Nacon: nothing... we keep the sim lag free, mostly

[12:21] Vincent Nacon: less script, better performance in race event

[12:21] Rex Cronon: come on. they make no lag

[12:22] Vincent Nacon: -_-

[12:22] Kallista Destiny: SVC-7443

[12:22] JIRA-helper: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7443

[#SVC-7443] Telehubs overridden if teleporting a friend/avatar to a region where telehub exists outside of the telehub area

[12:22] Vincent Nacon: I think you're missing the point

[12:22] Rex Cronon: u can' have at most 100 flight assist scripts

[12:22] Vincent Nacon: we have to deal with people...

[12:22] Simon Linden: That's correct, Andrew. The upcoming region cross work is mostly foundation work for future improvements that would make the hand-off between regions more efficient and cause less lag events

[12:22] Kallista Destiny: I don't recall any discussion of this. Did I miss it?

[12:22] Liisa Runo: race sim -> lots of vehicles colliding -> no attached scripts allowed to reduce the lag -> flight aids are also attached

[12:22] Rex Cronon: there is no way taht 100 script can make lag

[12:22] Flip Idlemind: My flight assist just sets a force on me that negates gravity, no matter what height Im at. That shouldn't be affected at all by removing the limit, would it?

[12:23] Vincent Nacon: people would complain about how this guy is wearing scripted attachment that "could be" his personal cheating script with flight assist name on it to decoy

[12:23] Kelly Linden: 100 flight assist scripts are unlikely to significantly impact region performance.

[12:23] Vincent Nacon: oy...

[12:23] Vincent Nacon: you're all missing the point again

[12:23] Liisa Runo: vincent is not banning flight assists, he has banned all scripts

[12:23] Simon Linden: FLIP - I'll bet that script has an altitude limit in it

[12:23] Vincent Nacon: yup

[12:24] Flip Idlemind: No

[12:24] Simon Linden: Are you actually in flying mode then?

[12:24] Vincent Nacon: I'm not the race host though but yes, we ban all scripted attachment

[12:24] Flip Idlemind: Oh, yeah

[12:24] TotalChaos Actor: i see daily people wearing 500 scripts or more. any way to limit active scripts on an av?

[12:24] Flip Idlemind: It only happens when Im flying

[12:24] Gunter Vandyke: old flight assist scripts have timer running, 100 time make no lag?

[12:24] Vincent Nacon: you can use fly mode to get across but you can't fly OVER the track to avoid getting hit by cars

[12:25] Andrew Linden: Vincent, you ban all scripted attachments where? for what? Within a parcel of land? or region-wide all the time? or only sometimes?

[12:25] Vincent Nacon: sim wide

[12:25] Vincent Nacon: during race event, of course

[12:25] Andrew Linden: Ok I see.

[12:25] Rex Cronon: ok. makes sense to ban scripts during races

[12:25] Andrew Linden: How is the ban enforced?

[12:26] Vincent Nacon: we have script scanner to check on every avatars before starting the game

[12:26] Andrew Linden: I see.

[12:26] Vincent Nacon: and we keep our eyes on it from time to time

[12:26] Vincent Nacon: during the race

[12:26] Rex Cronon: u could make the scanner to tp them home is scripts is detected:)

[12:27] Vincent Nacon: most racers do understand the enforce and they courage the rules.

[12:27] Gunter Vandyke: what happen to the planned avatar script limit

[12:27] Vincent Nacon: yup

[12:27] Vincent Nacon: but...

[12:27] Vincent Nacon: TPing is another lag source

[12:27] Kallista Destiny: assuming a perfect, error-free scanner

[12:27] Vincent Nacon: we also lock the sim before it start when all the racers attending

[12:27] Simon Linden: How do you do that?

[12:28] Andrew Linden: That's a good question. Kelly what is the state of managing per-avatar script limits?

[12:28] Vincent Nacon: ....with estate control panel?

[12:28] Liisa Runo prepares to complain

[12:29] Vincent Nacon: we just uncheck the "Allow Public Access" in Estate

[12:29] Vincent Nacon: then check it when race is over

[12:29] Kelly Linden: It is not currently being worked on Andrew.

[12:29] Simon Linden: ah, ok, that's easy enough

[12:29] Vincent Nacon: so no one can come in during the race, to avoid TP lag spike and greifers

[12:29] Draconis Neurocam: i think theres a bug in the add option that allows you to wear multiple attachments on the same point, sometimes, it doesnt seem to cache properly for anyone but me until a relog, and others it literally gets stuck as an attachment no one can see but me and i cannot remove, i'm not sure if it is a viewer issue or a server one, and it has been a problem since the feature was implimented

[12:30] Meeter: Timecheck : User Group is half over

[12:30] Andrew Linden: Draconis, for the record, is there a jira # for that bug?

[12:31] Draconis Neurocam: i would need to figure out if it is a viewer or server problem first no?

[12:31] Draconis Neurocam: so it doesnt get shuffled around

[12:31] Vincent Nacon: but yeah... people rarely use fly mode to get across, we'd just use right-click > sit on a object across the whole sim to "teleport" there quickly

[12:31] Andrew Linden: (Surely I'm not the only one who sometimes thinks: "We talked about that bug in user group, what was that number again?")

[12:32] Draconis Neurocam: whether the add option in the viewer is sending the wrong packet, or the server doesnt cache it until relog

[12:32] Kallista Destiny: Better to open it as a viewer bug first I think.

[12:32] Andrew Linden: perhaps, but a repro recipe would would help when trying to figure out on which side the bug lives

[12:33] Draconis Neurocam: fair enough

[12:33] Simon Linden: Draconis - I know our QA guys have been trying to reproduce that one

[12:33] Andrew Linden: I don't think I understand what is meant by "does not cache properly"

[12:34] Draconis Neurocam: well, like the attachment does not get sent to the server as something to be sent to other people

[12:34] Draconis Neurocam: until some action happens

[12:34] Draconis Neurocam: but if i can see, something is sent

[12:35] Andrew Linden: ah, so you wear a second attachment, but it never shows up for other people

[12:35] Draconis Neurocam: yes until relog

[12:35] Draconis Neurocam: and sometimes it gets stuck and becomes unremovable until teleport

[12:35] Andrew Linden: interesting... yes that could a bug on either side

[12:35] Jonathan Yap: Sounds like the server never got the packet that you had attached it

[12:36] Jonathan Yap: Does it affect everyone around you?

[12:36] Draconis Neurocam: yes

[12:36] Andrew Linden: but "unremovable" sounds like a viewer bug (that would be my guess) but might be server side

[12:36] Andrew Linden: Kelly, you say we've been trying to reproduce that one and have failed? So there is not a reliable repro?

[12:36] Nalates Urriah: I find sometime I can remove something in inventory or appearance that I can right-click on in the render and other tiems it is the other way around.

[12:37] Jonathan Yap: I was in that area of the code recently; the viewer runs through a list of what it thinks you have attached. Though not clear how that list could be missing something while you are also able to see it

[12:37] Nalates Urriah: that I can't click^

[12:37] Andrew Linden: er sorry, that was Simon who said so

[12:38] Simon Linden: Right - I know we've seen that bug in triage and tried to make it happen

[12:38] Simon Linden: I'm guessing it's caused by a lost packet or some other failure and timing combination ... we haven't been able to reproduce it

[12:39] Draconis Neurocam: if it was packet loss would it not happen for regular attachments as well

[12:39] Kallista Destiny: I donlt think there is any difference is there?

[12:40] Nalates Urriah: I won't swear to it, but I usually see the problem of attachments miss placing when I change clothes in an older style viewer then log in with a new viewer. I would have to do some checking to see if I can reproduce the problem.

[12:40] Simon Linden: I dunno, Draconis, I'm really taking a stab in the dark here. It doesn't seem to be 100% reproducible ... or can you make it happen regularly?

[12:40] Draconis Neurocam: i might be able to make it happen now, its fairly regular

[12:40] Draconis Neurocam: and nal i never use anything but viewer 3

[12:40] Simon Linden: If you can figure out the steps, that would really help. And it definitley might involve older viewer versions

[12:41] Simon Linden: But if you've seen it without older viewers, that's a good clue as well

[12:42] Draconis Neurocam: i can't really say what the people who see it are using, but i know what i am on

[12:42] Andrew Linden: Is there still a debug viewer option to force lost packets? I wonder if we've tried using that.

[12:42] Vincent Nacon: yes

[12:42] Vincent Nacon: still there

[12:42] Simon Linden: ctrl-alt-L

[12:43] Simon Linden: That seems to be a waste of a good keyboard shortcut, but that's another issue

[12:43] Andrew Linden: hrm... does that just drop one packet? or many?

[12:43] Vincent Nacon: wait... you made a hotkey for that? O-o

[12:43] Jonathan Yap: There are a number of unnecessary shortcuts

[12:43] Simon Linden: I have no idea ... the menu says "Drop a packet" so I'd guess one

[12:43] Vincent Nacon: yup, that's the one

[12:43] Andrew Linden: there used to be a command line argument that the viewer binary would accept to drop some percentage of packets... but that was a long time ago

[12:44] Vincent Nacon: but I didn't think it had a hot key

[12:44] Simon Linden: It under Develop/Network

[12:44] Tillie Ariantho: Oh, I have seen "unremovable" clothing too. Its still marked bold in inventory and I see it on me. Could get it away by switching to a different outfit in 'appearance'.

[12:44] Simon Linden: It IS under...

[12:44] Jonathan Yap: --drop <percentage>

[12:44] Vincent Nacon: yeah, if you're in a PG sim

[12:44] Vincent Nacon: as I recall

[12:44] TankMaster Finesmith: -- drop 100

[12:44] TankMaster Finesmith: :P

[12:44] Andrew Linden: ah thanks, still an option I see.

[12:45] Jonathan Yap: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Viewer_parameters

[12:45] Vincent Nacon: now I'm tempted to use Ctrl Alt L to get out of sticky moment

[12:45] Simon Linden: I'm going off into the weeds with this, but it would be great to have a debug settings for dropping specific packet types

[12:45] Draconis Neurocam: if it helps i never usually have packet loss with the exception of opening the map, but it could be that

[12:46] Vincent Nacon: weeds?

[12:46] Simon Linden: Just an expression ... "Driving off into the weeds" means going far off topic

[12:46] Vincent Nacon: oh, right

[12:46] TankMaster Finesmith: like "out on a limb"

[12:46] Vincent Nacon <-- from the wrong ERA

[12:46] Draconis Neurocam: either way its a fixable issue, an annoyance really but i figured i would bring it up

[12:47] Draconis Neurocam: as in its not permanent

[12:47] Andrew Linden: "going into the weeds" is golf-lingo for wandering from the main path (I think)

[12:47] Simon Linden: It would be nice to fix ... it's really a mess when the viewer and simulator world get out-of-sync.

[12:48] Jonathan Yap: There are other issues from lost packets, like in the IM windows xxx is typing.....

[12:49] Simon Linden: Right, and I think group member listings can get stalled from them too

[12:49] TankMaster Finesmith: group lists are a pain to load for some

[12:50] Gunter Vandyke: i cant edit my group bcs mameber counter always stuck arrond 12k members

[12:50] TankMaster Finesmith: get a large group like 13k, and for some itll never loa

[12:50] TankMaster Finesmith: load*

[12:50] Gunter Vandyke: yes

[12:50] Simon Linden: Right, large groups are still a problem sometimes

[12:50] Gunter Vandyke: we need to be able to edit group params without wait for members loaded

[12:51] Gunter Vandyke: my 20k never gets loaded

[12:51] TankMaster Finesmith: we also discovered another issue with that... if you get a lot of users trying to download group lists all at once, legacy profiles take forever to load (5-10 min)

[12:51] Simon Linden: I think loading the member list should be a rare event, actually, and since it's such a big chunk of data, it needs to be delivered in a more reliable way

[12:51] Tillie Ariantho: members should only get loaded when needed (requested by user).

[12:51] TankMaster Finesmith: if all the users are on the same region

[12:51] Kallista Destiny: I managed to load PF/VS today all 14K of them

[12:51] Jonathan Yap: I looked at that code the other day, only about 10 groups are cached

[12:52] Kallista Destiny: shocked me it did.

[12:52] Jonathan Yap: I figured if Henri could not fix it it is some job

[12:52] Simon Linden: The viewer only caches 10 groups? It must not have been touched since the limit went up

[12:52] Jonathan Yap: yes

[12:53] Jonathan Yap: 10 or 12 or something like that

[12:53] Simon Linden: I wonder if that would be an easy fix

[12:54] Simon Linden: but you said someone has taken a look already, so maybe not

[12:54] Jonathan Yap: look in llgroupmgr.cpp

[12:54] Jonathan Yap: const U32 MAX_CACHED_GROUPS = 10;

[12:54] Jonathan Yap: It was just me looking around, I wouldn't count myself as "someone"

[12:55] Kelly Linden: bump that to 42 and see what crashes.

[12:55] Meeter: Timecheck : User Group is almost over

[12:55] Simon Linden: That's a tried-and-true development technique

[12:55] Kallista Destiny: lols

[12:56] Simon Linden: Was the old limit 10?

[12:56] Kelly Linden: but that cache is actually for more than just the groups you are in

[12:56] Simon Linden: I mean the server-enforced one

[12:56] Ima Mechanique: just cross-yer-fingers it's not the sim that crashes ;-)

[12:56] Kelly Linden: at one point the limit was 10.

[12:56] Andrew Linden: oh right

[12:56] Andrew Linden: the max cache count should probably slave to the max number of groups

[12:56] Jonathan Yap: seems like that value might go higher than 42 then

[12:57] Jonathan Yap: if that data is saved between logins, that is

[12:58] Kelly Linden: It should be a cache of the group data for any group you look at, not just those you are in. I'm not really sure what the best number for it is.

[12:58] Simon Linden: I don't know if any of those caches are stored on a per-account or global basis

[12:58] TankMaster Finesmith: 1024

[13:00] Meeter: Thank you for coming to the Server User Group

[13:00] TotalChaos Actor: can i get some bears please?

[13:00] Andrew Linden: there is some code in one of my unfinished side projects that creates a new webservice that goes through a python WSGI script to access a particular local file on the simulator's host hard drive (if it exists)

[13:01] Ima Mechanique: Simon's bear is in the corner

[13:01] Simon Linden: If you want my Linden bear, click on the one on the railing in the southwest corner and he'll tell you how to get it ... it takes about 15 minutes for a treasure hunt

[13:01] Nalates Urriah: Loading the F/PVS group and opening roles in SLV 3.3.0 Dev drives the viewer crazy. For 3 minutes or so FPS goes to 0.2

[13:01] Andrew Linden: I wonder if a more generalized WSGI script could be used to access all sorts of "mid to large" data files that happen to be on the local hard drive for data download

[13:01] Gunter Vandyke: Retrieving member lists (12191/20331)

[13:02] Gunter Vandyke: its always the same

[13:02] Gunter Vandyke: stuck at 12k

[13:02] Gunter Vandyke: and im lucky not to crash now

[13:02] Jonathan Yap: If group data was cached locally you could then request just the missing blocks, eventually you would get them all

[13:02] Andrew Linden: ouch

[13:03] TankMaster Finesmith: just a heads up, at 2PM today, The Phoenix Viewer Project will be having an office hour at Phoenix Firestorm Support (152,123,4002)

[13:03] Simon Linden: yeah, that whole pipeline needs some work to support large groups. I know it's on the list of stuff to do, but I'm not sure where

[13:04] Jonathan Yap: I will write a jira to increase that group constant

[13:04] Jonathan Yap: Someone will have to determine the new value

[13:04] Kallista Destiny: Simon perhaps th priority of that project might be reexamned?

[13:04] Liisa Runo imagines the list of things to do: office covered in post it notes from floor to roof

[13:04] Andrew Linden: Thanks for coming everyone.

[13:05] Nalates Urriah: Thx Andrew

[13:05] Ima Mechanique: thanks for having us ;-)

[13:05] Draconis Neurocam: thanks kelly simon and andrew

[13:05] TankMaster Finesmith: thx for having this, simon, andrew

[13:05] Liisa Runo: thanks everybody

[13:05] Jane1 Bookmite: Indeed

[13:05] TotalChaos Actor: TotalChaos Actor

[13:05] Gunter Vandyke: Thanks the Lindens

[13:05] Sera Lok: ty, cheers!

[13:05] Rex Cronon: tc andrew

[13:05] TotalChaos Actor: bear?

[13:05] Simon Linden: It looks like that's only used in LLGroupMgr::addGroup(), so it may not be as bad as we initially thought

[13:06] Liisa Runo: [13:01] Simon Linden: If you want my Linden bear, click on the one on the railing in the southwest corner and he'll tell you how to get it ... it takes about 15 minutes for a treasure hunt

[13:06] Kallista Destiny: Kallista Destiny

[13:06] Rex Cronon: tc everybody

[13:06] Vincent Nacon: later all

[13:06] Ima Mechanique: bye all

[13:07] TotalChaos Actor: ok thanks

[13:07] Simon Linden: You guys are giving that bear script a good stress test, I don't think he's ever been this busy

[13:07] Gunter Vandyke: lol

[13:07] Simon Linden: Thanks everyone for coming today and the good conversation

[13:07] TotalChaos Actor: thanks Andrew



Simulator_User_Group

Prev 2012.02.03 Next 2012.02.10