Simulator User Group/Transcripts/2013.12.10

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Simulator_User_Group

Prev 2013.12.03 Next 2013.12.17

List of Speakers

Adamburp Adamczyk Andrew Linden Duckie Dickins
Hexapoda Ima Mechanique Inara Pey
Jenna Felton Jonathan Yap Kelly Linden
Kitto Flora Lexbot Sinister Lucia Nightfire
Mona Eberhardt Motor Loon Nalates Urriah
Qie Niangao Simon Linden Siwo
Tiberious Neruda Whirly Fizzle Yuzuru Jewell

Transcript

[12:01] Simon Linden: Hi everyone

[12:01] Kelly Linden: hello

[12:01] Duckie Dickins: Hi Simon

[12:01] Duckie Dickins: we've been decorating your house. :)

[12:01] Inara Pey: Hi, Simon, Kelly

[12:01] Mona Eberhardt: Hi Simon.

[12:01] Simon Linden: oh good, it needs some holiday decorations

[12:01] Lucia Nightfire: Simon, you need to add an unsit to your chair instead of a ball blocker, heh

[12:02] Hexapoda: I did try to get all to sit around that chair today :-)

[12:02] Simon Linden: yeah ... I'm not sure if those are modifyable or not

[12:02] Lucia Nightfire: it is under GM what level 200+?

[12:02] Yuzuru Jewell: Hello, Simon.

[12:03] Simon Linden: right Lucy .. I'm just trying not to abuse my superpowers too often for my own amusement :)

[12:03] Simon Linden: I can get started with release news

[12:04] Neva Naughty Designs Christmas Caroling TeddyBear '08 whispers: Playing Deck Halls

[12:04] Neva Naughty Designs Christmas Caroling TeddyBear '08 whispers: Preloading your song request. Please wait a few moments...

[12:04] Simon Linden: we updated the main channel this morning with the code that was on the RC channels

[12:04] Duckie Dickins: oh shush music bear

[12:04] Simon Linden: Tomorrow the RC channels all get the same update, which is really minor

[12:05] Simon Linden: The forum post is here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Deploys-for-the-week-of-2013-12-09/td-p/2368751

[12:05] Simon Linden: That will be the last planned server update until January

[12:05] Lucia Nightfire: won't that go out to MC on the 17th?

[12:06] Simon Linden: There won't be any rolls next week

[12:06] Lucia Nightfire: great...

[12:06] Lucia Nightfire: heh

[12:06] Simon Linden: we're getting into the "no change window" for the holidays ... basically trying to settling things down as people take vacation, and giving us a week to make sure what's out there is solid.

[12:07] Lucia Nightfire: I'm sure you know why I asked, lol

[12:07] Simon Linden: If we rolled something next week that had problems, we might not discover it or realize we had to update until we got into vacations, and then things get a lot more difficult to make it happen

[12:08] Simon Linden: So that's it for server news ... Andrew or Kelly, do you folks have anything?

[12:08] Motor Loon: Any news on the pesky autoreturn-not-working-bug ?

[12:08] Duckie Dickins: Isn't that what server minions are for? My company took us to hawaii for christmas once and being the server minion, I had to monitor things even while on vacation. :)

[12:08] Lucia Nightfire: lol

[12:08] Whirly Fizzle: Autoretirn big should be fixed on the RC's

[12:08] Tiberious Neruda: er... what's the 'controls-grabbing' change mean?

[12:08] Whirly Fizzle: *i=u

[12:08] Simon Linden: That's fixed, Motor

[12:09] Andrew Linden: We have some server minions, but they are not qualified to fix the major stuff. We're worried about accidentally deploying a major problem over the holidays.

[12:10] Simon Linden: Where do you see that, Tiberious ?

[12:10] Ima Mechanique: lol as opposed to deliberately deploying one?

[12:10] Tiberious Neruda: it's listed in the changes for 13.11.19.284082 (the previous main channel update)

[12:10] Tiberious Neruda: it just says "Cleanup of controls-grabbing in LSL scripts (no functional changes)"

[12:10] Andrew Linden: Yes, naturally we wouldn't suspect deliberate malicious behavior of ourselves ;-)

[12:10] Mona Eberhardt: Simon, any chance that Vivox exploit I told you about a few days ago will be fixed?

[12:11] Duckie Dickins: I haven't had a chance to double check it with the official viewer but I noticed that abandoned parcels on mainland....they show object entry as being set to group only but you're stilll allowed to have objects enter the parcel. :)

[12:11] Andrew Linden: Tiberious, I think that "controls grabbing" cleanup was stuff I did. It really was just cleanup

[12:11] Andrew Linden: but it had to be tested

[12:11] Tiberious Neruda: ah

[12:11] Andrew Linden: and we figured we would mention it in case someone spots a bug therein

[12:12] Simon Linden: Mona - I'm not sure when that Vivox issue will get attention

[12:12] Jonathan Yap: Andrew, did you see my email on that little bug in the server work you did for storm-68?

[12:12] JIRA-helper: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/STORM-68

[#STORM-68] As a Builder, I want that ability to set default permissions on creation of objects, clothing, scripts, notecards, etc. - Second Life Bug Tracker

[12:12] Mona Eberhardt: I suppose it'll be looked on when it's old enough to vote. :/

[12:12] Tiberious Neruda: well, I have noticed I no longer need to reattach an object after saving or resetting a script that uses physics on me... that's welcome :3

[12:13] Kitto Flora: What about the problem with Server Machines having their clock set at the wrong time?

[12:13] Andrew Linden: Jonathan, I don't think so. Unless it the initial, spurious 404 error on the first connection.

[12:13] Jonathan Yap: no, it's a different message, only happens once

[12:14] Jonathan Yap: When arriving in Borrowdale a moment ago and trying to set the initial

default permissions I received a "Not found" error dialog from the

POST error handler.

[12:14] Jonathan Yap: that's on aditi

[12:14] Andrew Linden: Kitto, have you spotted that bug more than that one time?

[12:15] Kitto Flora: Andrew - yes - we had another instance a few days ago. Tickleted. I and others have seen it n the past

[12:15] Andrew Linden: Jonathan, you're saying that bug is reproducible?

[12:15] Jonathan Yap: yes, very much so

[12:15] Jonathan Yap: you get that once for each new avatar

[12:15] Whirly Fizzle: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-4537 was case of server clock being at wrong time.

[12:15] Jonathan Yap: that goes to a test region

[12:15] Andrew Linden: Ok Kitto, I'll ask our #ops team if they know how to watch for or otherwise prevent that problem.

[12:16] Kitto Flora: Andow - dont server machines use NTP?

[12:16] Andrew Linden: Jonathan, I don't have any theories ATM as to why that bug would happen. I'll have to reproduce it and watch it happen to get more clues, I think.

[12:16] Jonathan Yap: I was thinking it was from the first time you create a db entry for the new agent

[12:17] Jonathan Yap: Oz can give you a link to a test build

[12:17] Jonathan Yap: of the viewer

[12:17] Whirly Fizzle: Did they fix the build failing on windows yet Jonathan?

[12:17] Jonathan Yap: that is a build farm issue

[12:17] Andrew Linden: Jonathan, no that does not make sense.

[12:18] Andrew Linden: Actually I do have a theory... I wonder if the viewer is not actually asking for the cap *before* trying to hit it.

[12:18] Jonathan Yap: Also, if your changes can get into Oz's regions then I can restart them

[12:18] Andrew Linden: That is, when you login the "seed cap" provides a list of all available caps.

[12:18] Andrew Linden: And then the viewer must actually ask for the relevant caps before using them.

[12:18] Jonathan Yap: You mean it has to do a GET first?

[12:18] Andrew Linden: Typically the viewer just asks for all available caps right off the bat, but it doesn't have to do so.

[12:19] Andrew Linden: It could, in theory, ask for the cap later, right before trying to use it.

[12:19] Jonathan Yap: I did add that cap to the long initial list

[12:19] Andrew Linden: There is some code in the veiwer, if I remember correctly, that must be called ot request the cap.

[12:19] Ima Mechanique: more than typically, generally that gets coded directly into the llViewerRegion code

[12:19] Andrew Linden: Ok, perhaps you're doing it right.

[12:19] Simon Linden: There is a window between that initial cap request and when they are returned that can cause trouble if you're trying to do things when initially entering a region

[12:19] Andrew Linden: If this theory doesn't make sense, then I don't yet have a second one.

[12:20] Jonathan Yap: The call to POST happens early on - the first time region data arrives

[12:20] Andrew Linden: Ah hrm... Simon has the second theory... perhaps the viewer must wait a couple seconds before the first POST.

[12:21] Jonathan Yap: I could ignore that error, as things do seem to work

[12:21] Simon Linden: well, if you don't have the cap yet, you don't have a URL to POST to ... assuming that's what you're doing

[12:21] Simon Linden: There's a callback mechanism to do things when the sim caps arrive, so if you want to do something right off, that's how you get notified

[12:22] Andrew Linden: Remember, for caps to work there is some setup that must be done server-side (mapping a public URI to an internal URI) in a little db lookup table.

[12:22] Andrew Linden: Perhaps that is the db you were talking about Jonathan earlier, when I said it "didn't make sense"

[12:22] Jonathan Yap: Simon, do you remember the name of that "caps arrive" routine?

[12:22] Adamburp Adamczyk: where's the chef btw?

[12:22] Andrew Linden: perhaps I just didn't understand what db you were talking about

[12:22] Simon Linden: one sec, I'll look it up...

[12:22] Ima Mechanique: wouldn't that be finish by the time the sim starts advertising those services?

[12:23] Jonathan Yap: I do a post at the very end of the routine that parses region packets

[12:23] Andrew Linden: no I don't think so Ima. The sim advertises all possible services, but doesn't actually set them up until the viewer asks for them.

[12:23] Andrew Linden: at which point there is some work to do that can take some time

[12:23] Ima Mechanique: that would explain some observed behaviour

[12:24] Andrew Linden: In theory the viewer could not ask for a relavent cap until it is ready to use it

[12:24] Simon Linden: Jonathan - look for setCapabilitiesReceivedCallback() usage

[12:24] Andrew Linden: but in practice I think the veiwer just asks for all caps... simpler to code

[12:24] Jonathan Yap: ok, thank you

[12:24] Jonathan Yap: that makes much more sense than the place I am doing the POST from now

[12:25] Andrew Linden: the problem with asking for all caps is that there is a slight security risk: if your caps are given to a third party then they can access them as long as they are valid

[12:25] Andrew Linden: so if the viewer never asked for caps it wasn't using then those caps would not be open to exploit

[12:26] Andrew Linden: but the public version of the cap is basically unguessable... the exploit could only happen if the third party managed to read them from your viewer session

[12:26] Jonathan Yap: hmm, wait though, I only get this error once per region, not once per login

[12:26] Tiberious Neruda: so... how many movement attributes does an avatar have? I can think of: Walking, Running, Jumping, Falling and Crouchwalking... are there any others?

[12:26] Jonathan Yap: or it might even be just once per avatar, irregardless of region

[12:27] Andrew Linden: Jonathan, you should only need to POST to that cap once per login, or each time you change the defaults.

[12:27] Ima Mechanique: Tibierious, flying

[12:27] Tiberious Neruda: oh yeah

[12:27] Tiberious Neruda: duh

[12:27] Jonathan Yap: Andrew, that is what I am doing

[12:27] Tiberious Neruda: LOL! Man, I feel like an idiot for not considering that one

[12:27] Jonathan Yap: But I only get that error once, not every time I log in

[12:28] Ima Mechanique: and hovering I think

[12:28] Andrew Linden: ah, but the subsequent change POST fails first time in each region?

[12:28] Jonathan Yap: To get it again I have to change accounts

[12:28] Jonathan Yap: no, in a different test region there is no error

[12:28] Lexbot Sinister: turning, crouching , swimming and pointing (selection/build)

[12:28] Jonathan Yap: I onlhy do the post once

[12:28] Andrew Linden: so you get one error per login

[12:29] Jonathan Yap: no, one error per avatar, not counting logins

[12:29] Tiberious Neruda: anyway... I'm asking because I'm curious how feasible it might be to let us use an LSL function to modify those movement speeds, similar to how we got ll*AnimationOverride for animations

[12:29] Hexapoda: Where is Baker and how does his work come along?

[12:29] Jonathan Yap: This is getting a little too much for this meeting--maybe you can do some testing Andrew with my viewer

[12:30] Simon Linden: Baker is on a plane right now, I think ... his work is still in testing

[12:30] Andrew Linden: Tiberious, when you say "movement speeds" you're talking about the cycle/completion speed of the animation itself, not the velocity speeds of the moving avatar, right?

[12:30] Tiberious Neruda: 'cause, let's be honest, it looks REALLY goofy to have huge avs (think > 10' tall here) having a short av of only 4'-something keeping up when them

[12:30] Tiberious Neruda: I'm talking abot velocities

[12:30] Tiberious Neruda: (and the impulse on a jump)

[12:31] Andrew Linden: ah

[12:31] Lexbot Sinister: well, if you could sync animation to moving speed, that would be very good for immersion, indeed

[12:31] Duckie Dickins: can't you already do that with movement and jump enhancers that are already on the marketplace?

[12:32] Tiberious Neruda: oh, I'm sure you can... hell, I've got a slow-fall in my av, but that's probably harsh on the sim

[12:32] Jenna Felton: control of the framerate of the avatar animation would be great too. Some AOs would benefit off changing speeds of the animation and the avarar velocity

[12:32] Tiberious Neruda: yeah

[12:33] Mona Eberhardt: Hasn't Niran provided this facility in his viewer? :/

[12:33] Duckie Dickins: speeding up a slow run animation to be a fast run animation could be interesting....much like the proposed pitch changing of sounds

[12:33] Andrew Linden: well, changing the target speeds of the avatar is technically possible, and I don't think it would be TOO hard to do

[12:33] Jenna Felton: I have balett boots that slow down the speed i move :) i beleive it does per pushing me back.

[12:34] Lexbot Sinister: But there's more urgent things at hand i think.. Like, is anyone doing support for changing the Slurls on the destination guide? At all? Tec...

[12:34] Mona Eberhardt: Are they the ones made by KaS, Jenna?

[12:34] Jenna Felton: yes

[12:34] Jenna Felton: No, sorry, MD balett boots

[12:35] Tiberious Neruda: but you could have scripts set up to change your 'settings' ocne, and have them stick, like with the llAnimaionOverride functions

[12:35] Simon Linden: Jenna - fwiw there's a minor tweak I put in the viewer a while back under Develop / Avatar / Animation Speed. It now can bump speeds +/- 10%, but it's definitely experimental

[12:35] Tiberious Neruda: no more llSetVelocity every .1 seconds

[12:35] Whirly Fizzle: Is the slow motion animations new as well? That ones cool

[12:36] Andrew Linden: What is the "destination guide". You mean the website destination guide?

[12:36] Tiberious Neruda: I know I'd make extensive use of the ability to set terminal velocity...

[12:36] Lexbot Sinister: Yeah. None of your department, i guess. unfortunately, nobody seems to know who's department it is

[12:37] Duckie Dickins: I bet all of the web minions are busy being retasked to handle the woes of the marketplace. :)

[12:37] Jenna Felton: Andrew, this Avatar Speed setting in the viewer works for all animations? When so, than its not what i am thinking about :) because the idea was to have lsl function that controls that. since than the bots would change that on wear and release on unwear

[12:37] Andrew Linden: BTW, with the work I did for default new obj permissions for Jonathan, it is much easier (server-side anyway) to add per-avatar preferences and have them follow the avatar through region crosses and teleports.

[12:38] Simon Linden: I forget what the previous functionality was, Whirly ... I think you could slow them down but it was a single, hard-coded factor. It was easy to make it more flexible

[12:39] Jonathan Yap: Andrew, do those settings persist after logging out?

[12:39] Andrew Linden: No Jonathan.

[12:39] Andrew Linden: But I had to make sure they survived a region cross into a new region, or a teleport.

[12:39] Whirly Fizzle: Oh I see, it changes +/- 10% for each click. Thats neat

[12:39] Jenna Felton: Slow Motion animations looks cool too :)

[12:40] Tiberious Neruda: now that could be interesting...

[12:40] Tiberious Neruda: what's an avatar's 'normal' running speed?

[12:40] Lexbot Sinister: Destination guide is part of the search... do you happen to know who's desk that is?

[12:40] Tiberious Neruda: assuming flat ground, anyway

[12:42] Whirly Fizzle: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Voluntary_Movement_Speeds

[12:42] Jenna Felton: Is that a message from server to viewer, that scripts could misuse for the own needs?

[12:42] Tiberious Neruda: anyway... if we had an LSL function to modify an animation's speed (I'd guess it might be llAdjustAnimationspeed(float rate), I bet wecould make one optimized for that speed, and use math on our current velocity and auto-tweak it...

[12:42] Simon Linden: The animation speeds? That's all done on the viewer, and only shows up on your own

[12:42] Tiberious Neruda: oh

[12:43] Tiberious Neruda: and I take it there's no way to get the velocity of another avatar...

[12:44] Duckie Dickins: It would be cool if creators-only could also view the mesh upload LOD triangles and vertices info used for a mesh object. Especially when you upload the same mesh with 5 different LOD settings and want to be able to look at the mesh object's properties and view that information on the best one. Lex spent a lot of time recently uploading mesh objects over and over again and if you don't write that info down, you can quickly lose track of settings you've already tried before.

[12:45] Simon Linden: you'd need a new function llGetVelocity( key ) for that, I think ... or have them wear a script with llGetVel(), I believe

[12:45] Tiberious Neruda: oh

[12:45] Tiberious Neruda: darn

[12:46] Lucia Nightfire: llGetObjectDetails(k,[OBJECT_VELOCITY])

[12:46] Whirly Fizzle: Hmm you can backup your slm files each time after uploading a mesh. That saves all your upload settings

[12:46] Andrew Linden: Duckie, you mean: meta information about the upload stored in the uploaded asset itself?

[12:46] Duckie Dickins: yeah andrew

[12:46] Ima Mechanique: there'd be more complicated and heavier resource usage ways to do it with sensors.

[12:46] Tiberious Neruda: 'cause if that weren't the case, and the viewer knew the velocities of other avatars, it could auto-apply scaling...

[12:46] Simon Linden: oh wait, llGetObjectDetails() with OBJECT_VELOCITY might work

[12:46] Jenna Felton: i'd suggest also a function llDetectedVelocity() for sensoers

[12:46] Qie Niangao: umm, yeah, does OBJECT_VELOCITY not work for avatars? or llDetectedVel() for sensed avatars?

[12:46] Jenna Felton: ah, ok

[12:46] Lucia Nightfire: both work

[12:47] Andrew Linden: Duckie, I don't know offhand how hard that would be. I don't know much about the upload system and what info is available there. But I will ask.

[12:47] Tiberious Neruda: DetectedVel works on avatars

[12:47] Tiberious Neruda: have a HUD that uses that

[12:47] Kitto Flora: llDetectedVel() after sensor on Av

[12:47] Siwo: when I'm testing things on aditi (uplaoding mesh stuff), I always use lod settings and triangles count as name o:)

[12:47] Lucia Nightfire: sensors use more resources even if they're filtered though, sadly

[12:47] Tiberious Neruda: right

[12:48] Tiberious Neruda: but mine's not in a sensor... it's on collision_start

[12:49] Tiberious Neruda: which, in theory, shouldn't be as hard on the sim

[12:49] Lucia Nightfire: depends, heh

[12:49] Lexbot Sinister: saving settings for an upload would be great too, but thats viewer side. if i know i will have 10 almost same type, same sized mesh... having a setting where they all get roughly the same is great.

[12:49] Andrew Linden: BTW, I've implemented some experimental "uniform scaling" LSL functions. Won't be deployed until next year, but they are almost done.

[12:49] Tiberious Neruda: uniform scaling?

[12:49] Tiberious Neruda: like, on linksets?

[12:49] Lucia Nightfire: interppolating on/off options?

[12:49] Whirly Fizzle: Lexbot, the slm file should do that

[12:49] Andrew Linden: yeah, scale the entire object by a factor of 2 in one call.

[12:50] Lucia Nightfire: ah

[12:50] Jenna Felton: that is cool

[12:50] Tiberious Neruda: cool

[12:50] Jenna Felton: does it stops when aprim in linkset is too small to scale everything, or will that prim be ignored?

[12:50] Duckie Dickins: that would simplify resizer scripts for sure

[12:50] Andrew Linden: one problem with scaling by multiplicative factor is that the scale operation might fail for a number of reasons

[12:50] Lucia Nightfire: indeed

[12:51] Andrew Linden: there are four categories of failures: hit the "prim is too small" limit

[12:51] Andrew Linden: (2) hit the "prim is too big" limit

[12:51] Lucia Nightfire: if you ever try to resize mesh by script you can run into some nasty undesired effects, heh

[12:51] Lucia Nightfire: as well as weird script errors

[12:51] Andrew Linden: (3) violation of linkability rules for linked set (when making bigger)

[12:52] Andrew Linden: (4) misc failures because of navmeshy or other things

[12:52] Lucia Nightfire: theres also prim availability

[12:52] Jenna Felton: is the reason also returned by the function?

[12:52] Lucia Nightfire: which you can thank since teh new prim accountign system

[12:53] Andrew Linden: the current API includes three calls:

[12:53] Andrew Linden: (A) llGetMinScaleFactor()

[12:53] Andrew Linden: (B) llGetMaxScaleFactor()

[12:53] Jenna Felton: ah, and, when you scale up mesh, you increase the land impact. When the parcell is fulll than to scale bigger, will the function also fail?

[12:53] Lexbot Sinister: what about "parcel is full" fail?

[12:53] Andrew Linden: and (C) llScaleByFactor(float)

[12:53] Lexbot Sinister: ^^-- that

[12:53] Andrew Linden: right... I currently handle failures (1) through (3)

[12:54] Andrew Linden: and the llScaleByFactor() will return FALSE if it fails

[12:54] Andrew Linden: but it won't tell you why it failed

[12:55] Andrew Linden: but you can use llGetMaxScaleFactor() and friend to ask what the max/min multiplicative factors are possible for reasons (1) through (3)

[12:55] Tiberious Neruda: interesting

[12:55] Andrew Linden: Needs some work, but it is in progress.

[12:55] Duckie Dickins: llGetMaxLandImpactFactor()

[12:55] Jenna Felton: yes, very interesting :) even if i am dropping questions on the linden heads :)

[12:55] Lucia Nightfire: shineys are always welcome

[12:56] Tiberious Neruda: oh... speaking of linked stuff... is there any reason an avatar can't be set to 'Physics Type: None' when sitting on an object?

[12:56] Simon Linden: Those are good questions ... and best to ask now before it gets carved in stone :)

[12:56] Duckie Dickins: maybe because you have a collision skeleton? *shrugs*

[12:57] Jenna Felton: I beleive i would need very soon a function that gives me how big i can scale the object up, before the parcel gets full

[12:57] Jenna Felton: probably this: llGetMaxLandImpactFactor()

[12:57] Tiberious Neruda: nah. The collision skeleton doesn't actually detemine collisions

[12:57] Lucia Nightfire: I miss the old VD ghost trick, heh

[12:57] Andrew Linden: Tiberious, mostly to prevent a collisionless exploit for some shoot-em-up game play in SL.

[12:57] Jonathan Yap: Even better would be a function to return LI for a given scale value, before the object is actually scaled

[12:58] Tiberious Neruda: well, I figure the sim would automatically set the physics type back when the av 'unlinks' from the object

[12:58] Tiberious Neruda: oh

[12:58] Jonathan Yap: Or that new routine could have a TEST option

[12:59] Tiberious Neruda: this is the reason i ask, heh

[12:59] Tiberious Neruda: if I set this physical, it's got my collision information with it

[12:59] Andrew Linden: Jonathan, I'm not sure I understand how the TEST option would work.

[12:59] Tiberious Neruda: and it won't roll around

[12:59] Jenna Felton: hm, perhaps llGetMaxScaleFactor() handles the land impact already, than the request of mine is obwolete

[12:59] Lexbot Sinister: would be good if it was a calculates LI table for every object.. like, you could see a table of LI for different sizes

[13:00] Lexbot Sinister: calculated*

[13:00] Jonathan Yap: Andrew, it would pretend to do the scaling and also have a way of returing the new LI number

[13:00] Jonathan Yap: so if the test failed then you know not to try scaling at that level

[13:00] Simon Linden: We're almost out of time ... since next week will be the last user group before the holidays, let's make it interesting and a bit of a party ... please bring some decorations or interesting holiday stuff if you'd like, and we can make it more festive

[13:00] Jenna Felton: Can you retreive land impact of n object at all?

[13:00] Jenna Felton: oh good idea Simon

[13:01] Tiberious Neruda: as you can see, it... kinda fails at rolling when I'm sat on it

[13:01] Siwo: woow... 'working' pokeball :o

[13:01] Hexapoda: I forgot my tree

[13:01] Duckie Dickins: oh so there is a meeting next week after all

[13:01] Andrew Linden: Jenna, not that I know of. Not by script anyway.

[13:01] Simon Linden: hmmm, seems that should be an option for llGetObjectDetails()

[13:02] Jenna Felton: ok, thank you Andrew

[13:02] Lucia Nightfire: OBJECT_PRIM_EQUIVALENCE

[13:02] Neva Naughty Designs Christmas Caroling TeddyBear '08 whispers: Preloading your song request. Please wait a few moments...

[13:02] Andrew Linden: Does anyone have the fist 6 min or so of the transcripts for day?

[13:02] Andrew Linden: er... for today?

[13:02] Simon Linden: I have it

[13:02] Duckie Dickins: I think the first 6 minutes we were decorating jonathan. :)

13:02] Hexapoda: llGetXmasSpirit()

[13:02] Andrew Linden: ok Simon, just send me the entire transcript

[13:02] Neva Naughty Designs Christmas Caroling TeddyBear '08 whispers: Playing.

[13:03] Lucia Nightfire: now I know who's missing, its Rex, heh

[13:03] Simon Linden: sure

[13:03] Andrew Linden: cheers

[13:03] Qie Niangao: Thanks folks. Have fun all!

[13:03] Mona Eberhardt: Thanks Lindens.

[13:03] Ima Mechanique: bye all

[13:03] Jonathan Yap: thank you

[13:03] Mona Eberhardt: Take care, all.

[13:03] Yuzuru Jewell: Thank you, Lindens.

[13:03] Whirly Fizzle: Ty Lindens

[13:03] Jenna Felton: yes, got to go too. Have a good week all and thank you for meeting Lindens

[13:03] Nalates Urriah: bye - thx Lindens

[13:03] Duckie Dickins: Thanks for the meeting!

[13:03] Simon Linden: Thanks everyone for coming and the good chat and ideas

[13:04] Andrew Linden: Oh right, I've got a question for Whirly...

[13:04] Whirly Fizzle: o.O

[13:04] Lexbot Sinister: See you again next week! Don't forget to bring bears and gifts :P

[13:04] Whirly Fizzle: I didn't do it!

[13:04] Lucia Nightfire: non-perishables too

[13:04] Andrew Linden: Whirly, a resident was asking me how they could get access to the bug reports

[13:04] Andrew Linden: I know you have access, and a few other Residents

[13:05] Andrew Linden: and I know I asked this before in the past, but I forget the answer...

[13:05] Whirly Fizzle: They need to ping Alexa or Oz and fit the criteria for access

[13:05] Jonathan Yap: There is a special JIRA group for that

[13:05] Duckie Dickins whispers: You drop off a pile of starbucks gift cards at the main office. :)

[13:05] Andrew Linden: ok thanks. Yeah, that was the question.

[13:05] Lucia Nightfire: they have to 'survive' the initiation and orientation process

[13:05] Lucia Nightfire: and set a new record for getting coffe and doughnuts

[13:05] Andrew Linden: ok thanks.

[13:06] Lucia Nightfire: somethign like that, heh

[13:06] Whirly Fizzle: Criteria is (as far as I know): Have a CA on file with LL and be an active contribter, be part of a TPV team or already have been in the good-citizens JIRA group before the JIRA closedown. people were added to this group after being helpful on JIRA for some time.

[13:06] Duckie Dickins: maybe x% amount of the jiras have to be filed by you. :)

[13:07] Whirly Fizzle: Proably Alexa really

[13:07] Whirly Fizzle: But Oz or Alexa are who they need to ping

[13:07] Andrew Linden: Thanks, I will relay that info.

[13:07] Lucia Nightfire: Whirl has 51% of shares, I mean jiras, he



Simulator_User_Group

Prev 2013.12.03 Next 2013.12.17