Simulator User Group/Transcripts/2013.12.17

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Simulator_User_Group

Prev 2013.12.10 Next 2013.12.24

List of Speakers

Adamburp Adamczyk Andrew Linden Baker Linden
Dante Spectre Duckie Dickins Ima Mechanique
Inara Pey Jenna Felton Judy Chestnut
Kallista Destiny Kelly Linden Kennylex Luckless
Kitto Flora Lexbot Sinister Lucia Nightfire
MartinRJ Mona Eberhardt Nalates Urriah
Rex Cronon Simon Linden Theresa Tennyson
Tiberious Neruda Visitor Detector Whirly Fizzle
Yuzuru Jewell

Transcript

[11:55] Mona Eberhardt: Simon, any news on SEC-1376?

[11:56] Kallista Destiny: Stamunk, how wonderful

[11:56] Jenna Felton: hello Baker

[11:56] Jenna Felton: and all :)

[11:57] Yuzuru Jewell: Hello, Baker.

[11:57] Kallista Destiny: steampunk*

[11:57] Mona Eberhardt: Hi Baker.

[11:57] Yuzuru Jewell: Hello, Jenna.

[11:57] Simon Linden: No Mona, I haven't heard anything about that.

[11:57] Simon Linden: if anyone feels creative, please feel free to decorate for the holidays :)

[11:58] Mona Eberhardt: Well Simon, I didn't expect anything really, as it's a Vivox exploit. Which means you guys have to wait for Vivox to do something about it.

[11:58] Mona Eberhardt: Baker, I think you should be glad that Yuki from the "Menage a 3" webcomic isn't here...

[11:58] Lucia Nightfire: can I decorate with my 1.5 billion land impact test? actually its close to 2.1 billion now

[11:58] Visitor Detector: Returning visitor to your land: Kitto Flora

[11:59] Jenna Felton: uhoh

[11:59] Jenna Felton: how many sims you need for that?

[11:59] Mona Eberhardt: Wow, how did you reach such LI figures, Lucy?

[11:59] Lucia Nightfire: secret

[11:59] Lucia Nightfire: and I only need one sim

[11:59] Simon Linden: uh, normal griefing rules still apply of course :)

[11:59] Baker Linden: I need a game of thrones chair, but with candy canes

[11:59] Lucia Nightfire: want to see what happens when it goes over 0x7fffffff

[11:59] Yuzuru Jewell: Hello, Andrew.

[11:59] Andrew Linden: Hello

[11:59] Visitor Detector: First time visitor to your land: Judy Chestnut

[12:00] Lucia Nightfire: but that test will be done in a region with no other prims

[12:00] Mona Eberhardt: Hello Andrew.

[12:00] Lucia Nightfire: just to be safe, heh

[12:00] Lucia Nightfire: 1.5 billion land impact - http://static.dyp.im/VmruOlYDsW/45de7a43277e5248ad0911c341aa4a84.png <--heres my 1.5 billion land impact test

[12:01] Simon Linden: well, let's see ... I can start with the release news, which is nice and simple since we're not updating anything until January

[12:01] Mona Eberhardt: How did that occur, Lucy?

[12:01] Mona Eberhardt: It's a huge figure.

[12:01] Simon Linden: There was a minor update put in the RC channels last week

[12:02] Lucia Nightfire: I really can't explain how to do that, for a few reasons

[12:02] rcdsQueChatLog: Rex Cronon, you can read the log here:

http://rcds.nfshost.com/ques_view_chatLog.php?queOwner=llsl:Rex+Cronon&queName=chatLog&pg=1

[12:02] Yuzuru Jewell: Hello, Inara.

[12:02] Rex Cronon: hi simon

[12:02] Jenna Felton: wow Lucie

[12:02] Lucia Nightfire: suddenly beacons

[12:02] Rex Cronon: hi everybody

[12:02] Kallista Destiny: Spelled G R I E F E R

[12:02] Andrew Linden: I think last week I mentioned that I had implemented llScaleByFactor() for uniform scaling of an entire linked set with one LSL call

[12:03] Kallista Destiny: Ohhhhhhh nifty

[12:03] Simon Linden: Andrew may have just lost his connection

[12:03] Lucia Nightfire: budget cuts, heh

[12:04] Mona Eberhardt: A sequester in SL too?

[12:04] Kallista Destiny: He'll be back, and in greater numbers.

[12:04] Simon Linden: yep, he's re-logging

[12:04] MartinRJ: hello all

[12:04] Simon Linden: That may take a few minutes ...

[12:05] rcdsQueChatLog: MartinRJ Resident, you can read the log here:

http://rcds.nfshost.com/ques_view_chatLog.php?queOwner=llsl:Rex+Cronon&queName=chatLog&pg=1

[12:05] Rex Cronon: there r 2 many prims here...

[12:05] Rex Cronon: hi martinrj

[12:05] Simon Linden: FWIW I recently implemented the OBJECT_STREAMING_COST option for avatars

[12:05] Ima Mechanique: ooh nice

[12:05] Simon Linden: so that should be available on an RC next month

[12:05] Lucia Nightfire: can you also include taht for llGetObjectPrimCount() for agents, lol

[12:06] Lucia Nightfire: or

[12:06] Kennylex Luckless: I see a BAKER! :D

[12:06] Lucia Nightfire: keep it from capping at 1 for legacy prims and 2 for sculpts, heh

[12:06] Andrew Linden: Hello, sorry about that. I crashed out or something...

[12:06] Lucia Nightfire: welcome to SL

[12:06] Lucia Nightfire: lol

[12:06] Rex Cronon: hi andrew

[12:07] Andrew Linden: actually my network connection was working only one way...

[12:07] Jenna Felton: wb Andrew

[12:07] Andrew Linden: I could chat and move, but I wasn't getting updates back.

[12:07] Baker Linden: I see a Kenny!

[12:07] Baker Linden: :)

[12:07] Andrew Linden: I killed the two VPN's that I was running. I'm hoping it doesnt' happen again.

[12:07] Rex Cronon: hi baker

[12:07] Andrew Linden: Anyway... I was going to say...

[12:08] Andrew Linden: that Maestro tested the llScaleByFactor() stuff and found a few bugs which we fixed.

[12:08] Andrew Linden: And right now it looks good.

[12:08] Lucia Nightfire: does that take a viewer change to work with?

[12:08] Lucia Nightfire: also, what aditi region is it active on?

[12:08] Andrew Linden: A known bug is that llGetMaxScaleFactor() will test against the max prim sizes and linkability rules, but not Land Impact limits of the parcel

[12:09] Andrew Linden: It doesn't require a viewer change

[12:09] Simon Linden: it's not out yet, Lucy ... possibly later this week

[12:09] Kennylex Luckless: I has found bug when you build, some tome scale become 46.9999953 and not 47.00000

[12:09] Ima Mechanique: awwww, dangle shinies and then pull them away

[12:09] Andrew Linden: in fact, I think I updated the server-side LSL syntax file so that Oz's server-side-syntax stuff will work

[12:10] Ima Mechanique: *cough* Oz's

[12:10] Ima Mechanique: ?

[12:10] Andrew Linden: which will also be put into the same RC in January.

[12:10] Baker Linden: Hi Rex!

[12:10] Andrew Linden: Sorry Ima. I know there was some Residents working on that, but Oz did the server-side work.

[12:10] Andrew Linden: And I don't know who else was involved.

[12:10] Kelly Linden: (hint

[12:10] Kelly Linden: er (it was Ima)

[12:11] Ima Mechanique: indeed, he also did a bit of viewer changed to make it easier ;-)

[12:11] Andrew Linden: I'll figure out what regions on aditi currently support llScaleByFactor()...

[12:11] Nalates Urriah: Yes, thanks Ima!

[12:11] Ima Mechanique: I'm trying to track down a bug that snuck in recently

[12:11] Ima Mechanique: and the most excellent Whirly pointed out ;-)

[12:12] Whirly Fizzle: Sorry :D

[12:12] Andrew Linden: Hrm... it looks like there are a fair number of regions on aditi that have the new code:

[12:12] Ima Mechanique: glad you found it, I hadn't retried the region crossing after scripting since Oz's changes, which seem to have broken something

[12:12] Andrew Linden: Boardman, Borrowdale, and Balance are three

[12:13] Andrew Linden: Also Mayfair and Hawkshead

[12:13] Andrew Linden: Ok table is open I think.

[12:13] Lucia Nightfire: syntax for those functions again?

[12:14] Kennylex Luckless: How do it go for Baker?

[12:14] Andrew Linden: llGetMinScaleFactor()) returns smallest possible float multiplicative scale factor for the object

[12:14] Baker Linden: Pretty good, working more on viewer side stuff now

[12:14] Andrew Linden: llGetMaxScaleFactor() returns the max multiplicative scale factor

[12:15] Andrew Linden: llScaleByFactor(float) returns TRUE if the scale succeeded

[12:15] Lucia Nightfire: ty

[12:15] Baker Linden: So now, when you enable the ban ability to a role, it wil automatically grant the "eject" and "remove roles" ability. That's been discussed before, but now it actually happens

[12:16] Rex Cronon: can we also scle only along one axis?

[12:16] Andrew Linden: no Rex

[12:16] Rex Cronon: also scale*

[12:16] Rex Cronon: ok

[12:16] Baker Linden: I only started the viewer-side changes this week

[12:16] Kennylex Luckless: Neat

[12:16] Dante Spectre: Sorry to interrupt....Has anyone found a recent (roughly the last 3 weeks) bug where prims suddenly end up in Lost & found, or worse just disappear, for no reason whatsoever?

[12:16] Baker Linden: but you won't be able to disallow those two roles until you disable the ban ability

[12:16] Baker Linden: I'm doing this so bans actually work properly

[12:17] Andrew Linden: Dante, I haven't heard of such a bug. You've had this happen to you?

[12:17] Lucia Nightfire: I know of one bug that would cause it but its a rarity

[12:17] Dante Spectre: I am lead scripter for Dwarfins Breedables, and have also heard of this happening with many other breedables (since that's my area of interest)

[12:17] Baker Linden: Also, I've added to the server code that will automatically eject a member, as long as the ejector has both the "eject" and "remove roles" abilities

[12:17] Dante Spectre: this is happening to all of our users, even my test dwarfins

[12:17] Kennylex Luckless: Great.

[12:18] Dante Spectre: its crushing us lol

[12:18] Andrew Linden: And which happens most often? They show up in Lost and Found? or they disappear completely?

[12:18] Baker Linden: so if you have both of those abilities, you will no longer have to remove all the roles from someone and then eject. that is now automated

[12:18] Dante Spectre: personally i've had 10% go to L&F, 10% end up somewhere else on the sim (which they're not programmed to do) and the rest just poof

[12:18] Lucia Nightfire: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7788 <--with this bug, if there are any limbo prims on the parcel and you rez prims that make up the difference in availabel prims and then select those limbo prims or the region restarts, the newly rezzed prims will be autoreturned

[12:19] Baker Linden: of course, in it's current state, it will eject regardless of the two roles... which I'm working on fixing now :) Somewhere down the line I did something wrong....

[12:19] Dante Spectre: my users get a mixture of all of the above as well

[12:19] Simon Linden: L&F might just be a symptom if they're somehow moving around and then getting returned

[12:19] Andrew Linden: Dante, how easy is it to reproduce for you?

[12:19] Dante Spectre: There were reports of the physics rubberbanding just prior to being returned, others have said they were just standing there & poofed

[12:20] Dante Spectre: I have a test block setup on my work sim, I can get them to do it over a day's time

[12:20] Theresa Tennyson: My KittyCat ends up on lots she isn't allowed on fairly frequently and gets returned.

[12:20] Rex Cronon: maybe there is a scripted object(s) that changes LI at random intervals and that forces everything newer to be returned?

[12:20] Andrew Linden: That's an interesting theory Rex.

[12:20] Dante Spectre: Let me clarify, the code was rock solid for the last year, never had this issue, right after rollout 3 weeks ago it all went to hell and i didnt change code

[12:21] Lucia Nightfire: yeah, most breedables can turn physical when movign and li can ramp up

[12:21] Lucia Nightfire: forcing them to autoreturn

[12:21] Lucia Nightfire: if parcel prims are overflowed

[12:21] Andrew Linden: Dante, what specific region broke 3 weeks ago?

[12:21] Andrew Linden: I'm wondering if it was an RC rollout or a main channel one.

[12:21] Dante Spectre: If you're referring to sim server types, we've seen it happen on standard RC and magnum

[12:22] Simon Linden: I think 3 weeks ago we didn't roll anything ... the week before and after we did

[12:22] Andrew Linden: Yes, but name a region where it suddently started happening 3 weeks ago.

[12:22] Dante Spectre: There are tons, but my personal one is named Dwarfins Rock

[12:23] Simon Linden: Andrew disconnected again :P

[12:23] Dante Spectre: ok

[12:23] Ima Mechanique: oops, there goes Andrew again

[12:23] Adamburp Adamczyk waves "adieu" and wishes you all a happy holiday, but rl tiem for me

[12:23] Dante Spectre: take care Adam

[12:23] Adamburp Adamczyk: oh, and happy birthday Baker too

[12:23] Rex Cronon: tc

[12:24] Kennylex Luckless: I think he needs warmer mesh clothes.

[12:24] Simon Linden: So now if you set them up, over the course of a day one might disappear or be returned?

[12:24] Dante Spectre: correct

[12:24] Simon Linden: Do you ever get one of the notices saying your object has been returned to you?

[12:24] Dante Spectre: we do the due diligence of making sure they're set to the correct group of course, but it happens to mine as well

[12:24] Dante Spectre: no, never

[12:25] Dante Spectre: we do not use the Die At Edge code either

[12:25] Andrew Linden: Ok I'm back. I guess I'm going to lose connection every 15 min or so.

[12:26] Kennylex Luckless: In Beta grid has my things go away when autorerutn did kick in, not in trash and not in Lost and Found, but here has I not seen it yet

[12:26] Lexbot Sinister: me too

[12:26] Dante Spectre: some more sim names coming in from my group - Rossavik, Hiddn Sanctuary, Hawthorn Estate, Bull Island

[12:26] Rex Cronon: wb

[12:26] Dante Spectre: wb Andrew

[12:26] Lexbot Sinister: I've been loosing connectivity all day today.

[12:26] Andrew Linden: Dwarfins Rock is on the main channel

[12:26] Kennylex Luckless: You need warmer mesh clothes, it is the could thet kicks you out Andrew

[12:26] Dante Spectre: correct Andrew

[12:27] Dante Spectre: Another sim - Zen Tranquility - user states they're in Lost & found every day they login

[12:27] Simon Linden: Hmm, the main channel got an update on 11/19 and next on 12/3

[12:27] Judy Chestnut: Devyne is another sim and Zegia

[12:27] Dante Spectre: Judy, it started 2 weeks ago or 3?

[12:28] Dante Spectre: i was thinking 3

[12:28] Judy Chestnut: I believe it was 2

[12:28] Dante Spectre: k

[12:28] Andrew Linden: Good, because it looks like 3 weeks ago we didn't update that channel.

[12:28] Simon Linden: 2 makes more sense considering what was changed

[12:28] Mona Eberhardt: Um, I've noticed some odd behaviour with the marketplace and it's started a few days ago. When I make a number of purchases, next time I start shopping, the old purchases are still in my cart.

[12:28] Dante Spectre: I think it was the same rollout as the bug fix for vehicles?

[12:28] Mona Eberhardt: I think it started on Thursday or Wednesday.

[12:29] Judy Chestnut: yes I beleive it was that week Dante

[12:29] Simon Linden: Mona - it would be good to file a BUG on that. Nobody here works on the web side of things but it'll get sorted and passed their way

[12:29] Mona Eberhardt: ok.

[12:29] Judy Chestnut: it's a mix of them being returned to lost and found which I believe happens because they are going out of their range and hitting the edge of the sim or border of land

[12:29] Judy Chestnut: a mix of that and just disappearing altogether

[12:29] Dante Spectre: yes

[12:30] Kennylex Luckless: I has to run, take care and have fun.

[12:30] Dante Spectre: Take care Kenny

[12:30] Rex Cronon: tc

[12:30] Andrew Linden: Simon and I were just looking at what changed in that update.

[12:31] Simon Linden: I don't see any obvious smoking gun that would affect returns or movement that might lead to a return

[12:31] Theresa Tennyson: Are these all stand-alone regions or do some of them have neighbors?

[12:31] Dante Spectre: Any change to the physics code itself?

[12:31] Andrew Linden: Good question.

[12:31] Dante Spectre: they're a mix Theresa

[12:31] Simon Linden: No, there haven't been changes to physics in a while

[12:31] Dante Spectre: Becaue we've all seen moving prims rubber band far off and then snap back, I assumed that was physics, now they fly off and dont come back

[12:32] Lucia Nightfire: could it be prims that were counting as sat on that upon the new code got returned for reasons related to autoreturn?

[12:32] Andrew Linden: No, rubberbanding could actually be caused by the "interestlist" -- delayed object updates basically

[12:32] Lucia Nightfire: ie, has it happened in the last few days

[12:32] Andrew Linden: or lost updates (packet loss)

[12:32] Dante Spectre: well hmm Lucy, we do employ a SitTarget() in the code

[12:32] Judy Chestnut: yes it has Lucy

[12:33] Dante Spectre: i only use it to automatically throw poeple back off though

[12:33] Dante Spectre: not sure if the other breedables experiencing this have the same code tho

[12:33] Lucia Nightfire: and it happens during teh middle of a server's uptime, not necessarily after a restart?

[12:33] Dante Spectre: correct

[12:34] Dante Spectre: all day , every day

[12:34] Andrew Linden: Dante, is it easy to have Dwarfins that work on the Beta grid? or is their special registration code that prevents migration to an alternate grid?

[12:34] Lucia Nightfire: when you rez the animals from L&F in a no-script parcel are they physical?

[12:34] Andrew Linden: er... or is there...

[12:34] Dante Spectre: as long as the LSL code base is consistently the same and there is access to outside servers, yes it can be done

[12:35] Dante Spectre: by god I'll make it work if needed lol

[12:35] Simon Linden: The sit-counting code typically fails the other way around ... things are improperly counted as having an AV on them, and thus avoid returns.

[12:35] Andrew Linden: I'm thinking that we'd have to have some Dwarfins in a custom simulator that is instrumented to log special info when things get deleted

[12:36] Dante Spectre: that would be awesome

[12:36] Andrew Linden: so we can watch the logs for when and why Dwarfins go missing, but to do that we'd have to run them on the Beta grid

[12:36] Dante Spectre: I'm game

[12:36] Theresa Tennyson: Ooo, like those sleep studies...

[12:36] Dante Spectre: LOL Yes!

[12:36] Rex Cronon: what r Dwarfins?

[12:36] Simon Linden: Dante - do you know if Dwarfkins will work normally on the Aditi test grid?

[12:36] Dante Spectre: I've never tried Simon, not sure

[12:36] Andrew Linden: Dwarfins? Dwarfkins?

[12:36] Judy Chestnut: dwarfins

[12:36] Dante Spectre: there's no K lol

[12:36] Simon Linden: my typo

[12:37] Dante Spectre: Rex - www.dwarfins.com for your info :)

[12:37] Duckie Dickins: there's a lot of breedable haters out there

[12:37] Dante Spectre: nobody AR'd my dwarfins on my private sim, I can say that for certain

[12:37] Rex Cronon: thanks

[12:37] Simon Linden: That grid has some of the networking functions blocked off ... http requests, for one. If you're relying on them phoning home like that, it'll affect your code

[12:37] Tiberious Neruda: well, there's kinda reason for that...

[12:37] Dante Spectre: yes it will, they wont even load up

[12:37] Andrew Linden: Tell you what Dante, why don't we just clone Dwarfins Rock to the beta grid and you can test your Dwarfins there

[12:37] Tiberious Neruda: early brredables were notoriously harsh on sims

[12:37] Dante Spectre: I'd love that

[12:38] Simon Linden: That's a good start, we'll see how they run

[12:38] Andrew Linden: and if we can get them to mysteriously vanish (i.e. the problem reproduces) then we'll try to dig a bit deeper.

[12:38] Dante Spectre: Excellent, let me know what my next steps are

[12:38] Andrew Linden: I'll clone the region

[12:38] Theresa Tennyson: Can you unblock the connections to Dwarfin Central for that region?

[12:38] Andrew Linden: and then ping you later today when it is up.

[12:39] Dante Spectre: Ok great

[12:39] Dante Spectre: Sorry to take over the meeting like this, we're really at our wits end

[12:39] Andrew Linden: Then when you have working Dwarfins and have seen one go missing then send IM/email to Simon

[12:39] Dante Spectre: Simon could you IM me your email please?

[12:40] Tiberious Neruda: I dunno if this's come up yet, but it did yesterday at the content creation meeting... what is the server sending to the viewer and vice versa with regards to materials settings?

[12:40] MartinRJ: lindens always have firstname@lindenlab.com

[12:40] Simon Linden: I'd have to dig into code for that, Tiberious

[12:40] Andrew Linden: Yeah, I don't know the answer offhand.

[12:40] Dante Spectre: ty all for sitting through my rant :)

[12:41] Tiberious Neruda: see, it came up in regards to getting scriptable materials settings

[12:41] Simon Linden: but probably a few asset ids and meta data just like other textures

[12:41] Simon Linden: I was looking into that earlier but got side-tracked by other things, like the busted profile feel snapshot upload

[12:42] Lexbot Sinister: Speaking of the materials... Why isn't it mentioned anywhere that Alpha masking has some form of shape recognition? (and it doesn't mask per pixel, at least not in firestorm)

[12:42] Mona Eberhardt: Yeah, speaking of what Tiberious mentioned... What's the outlook on LSL-controlled normal & specular maps?

[12:42] Dante Spectre: someone buy Andrew a new router lol

[12:42] Simon Linden: He's sitting at the desk next to me

[12:43] Tiberious Neruda: shape recognition?

[12:43] Duckie Dickins: simon is punking him by pulling his network cable when he's not looking. :)

[12:43] Simon Linden: I'm beginning to suspect the network cable ... we're plugged into the same local switch

[12:43] Baker Linden: That's why Simon. He's at my desk :P I put a curse on that internet cable to only behave with me

[12:43] Mona Eberhardt: a PRIM_NORMAL and a PRIM_SPECULAR parameter could work well.

[12:43] Simon Linden: ah hah!

[12:43] Baker Linden: I thought I made an exception for Andrew though... looks like I can't curse things well either

[12:43] Tiberious Neruda: but what about alpha settings for the diffuse texture?

[12:44] Andrew Linden: Oh, is this your desk Baker? The one with three monitors and no one sitting there?

[12:44] Baker Linden: haha yeah

[12:44] Tiberious Neruda: shots fired

[12:44] Rex Cronon: somebody must have used andrews computer to look at bad sites;)

[12:44] Tiberious Neruda: ah...

[12:44] Andrew Linden: Ok I've got an item to talk about. And I should get it started before I lose connection again...

[12:45] Andrew Linden: This is going to be my last User Group meeting as a Linden: I've decided to leave LL and pursue other things.

[12:45] Mona Eberhardt: Oh.

[12:45] Ima Mechanique: awww no

[12:45] Dante Spectre: awwww

[12:45] Yuzuru Jewell: No..

[12:45] Duckie Dickins: if you look at this font on this cube and toggle Automatic Alpha Masking (Non-deferred) on and off you can see what happens to this font

[12:45] Nalates Urriah: What fun things?

[12:45] Kitto Flora: The sky is falling - even more.

[12:45] MartinRJ: oh?

[12:46] Andrew Linden: Alas, it is true. Very sad, but also a happy. It is a weird mix.

[12:46] Theresa Tennyson: Good bye, Andrew, and thank you!

[12:46] Mona Eberhardt: Thank you for all you've done, Andrew.

[12:46] Ima Mechanique: ditto

[12:46] Andrew Linden: I've really enjoyed these User Group meetings.

[12:46] Lexbot Sinister: Omg Andrew :(

[12:46] Yuzuru Jewell: Thank you, Andrew

[12:46] Andrew Linden: Which is why I've been showing up all these years.

[12:46] MartinRJ: I'm very sad to hear that.

[12:46] Lexbot Sinister: Now we have to nail Baker to the floor, so he doesn't go away too :((

[12:46] Inara Pey: You'll be sorely missed, Andrew.

[12:46] Tiberious Neruda: erf...

[12:47] Nalates Urriah: Andrew, can you say where you will be going and what you will be doing?

[12:47] Baker Linden: Don't worry, I'm way too sad to go anywhere

[12:47] Inara Pey: But good luck for the future and very best wishes.

[12:47] Rex Cronon: good luck to u andrew

[12:47] Ima Mechanique: Andrew, you said as a Linden, will you still be involved in SL as a Resident?

[12:47] Mona Eberhardt: Good luck in your new job, Andrew.

[12:47] Andrew Linden: Actually Ima, I'm not really an active SL resident...

[12:47] Duckie Dickins: I just hope it's not cloudparty. booo!

[12:47] Tiberious Neruda: you better impress upon your successor to make sure to get to these meetings... can't be losing any more cool Lindens like you, only to get more that stay away from us Residents

[12:47] Andrew Linden: I've got an alt, but I don't really use it, and I don't typically login to SL for fun

[12:48] Andrew Linden: The main reason I don't play in SL is that when I do I typically remembrer all the bugs that I should be working on.

[12:48] Ima Mechanique: lol

[12:48] Andrew Linden: Or features, as the case may be.

[12:48] Lexbot Sinister: maybe you will like logging on better, when it's all someone elses problem?

[12:48] Andrew Linden: But, perhaps I'll learn to play in SL without my admin powers.

[12:48] Tiberious Neruda: :3

[12:48] Rex Cronon: now u can relax. u no longer will have to remember them:)

[12:48] Andrew Linden: Exactly Lexbot.

[12:48] Tiberious Neruda: it can be fun, if not frustrating sometimes

[12:49] Jenna Felton: Simon and Andrew while this meeting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWIPZvwcnX8

[12:49] Jenna Felton: :)

[12:49] Lexbot Sinister: Also, you know everything from the inside, so maybe you can create some coolness, while navigating around the bugs easily

[12:50] Andrew Linden: Ha Lexbot. To tell the truth, I don't know the SL UI very well -- I don't use many of the features.

[12:50] Ima Mechanique: Andrew, can you say what/where you're moving on top?

[12:50] Tiberious Neruda: most of the awesome stuff comes from Residents who refuse to take 'no' from the server as an answer >:3

[12:50] Rex Cronon: when is your last day here andrew?

[12:50] Ima Mechanique: on to

[12:50] Andrew Linden: I'm currently connected with an Intel-Accelerated graphics laptop on its lowest graphics settings!

[12:50] Andrew Linden: Rex, my last day is Thursday.

[12:51] Rex Cronon: wow. u r leaving so fast.

[12:51] Nalates Urriah: Andrew, can you say where you will be going and what you will be doing?

[12:51] Andrew Linden: I won't be able to personally say goodbye to everyone I met here in User Group. Too many poeple.

[12:52] Rex Cronon: what is that thing that philip is working on? high definition or something like that:)

[12:53] Andrew Linden: Yes Rex, I'm going to join Philip and his new project. Not because I don't love SL or am not excited about what LL is working on

[12:53] Andrew Linden: but because I'm ready for a change, and I really like working with Philip.

[12:53] MartinRJ: Goodbye, Andrew Linden, wish you all the best!

[12:53] Rex Cronon: :)

[12:53] Duckie Dickins: This disturbs me a lot. We keep losing all of the visionaries who made this place possible.....first with the ending of office hours....than then Lindens at concierge estate services you could drop in on if you had an issue with your region.....the whole thing has turned from wonderland to a corporate money printer if you ask me. :(

[12:54] Mona Eberhardt: AFAIK, LL is an investor in HighFidelity.

[12:54] Tiberious Neruda: yeah... that's why I said make sure your successor comes to these groups

[12:55] Simon Linden: It's changed, yes, but there are still a lot of people working on it and trying to make it better, and a lot of people enjoying it.

[12:55] Tiberious Neruda: last thing we need are more Lindens sheltering themselves from the Residents...

[12:55] Simon Linden: I don't think there will be a "successor" to Andrew

[12:56] Jenna Felton: SL is not the black hole taking over all people and not loosing them back. What is important, when people can go to new projects and take experience out off SL than it is escellent.

[12:56] Duckie Dickins: You all better get your collectable andrew linden bear while supplies last then. :)

[12:56] Rex Cronon: next we know all lindens move over to high fidelity:)

[12:56] Andrew Linden: Uh... I don't think I fall into a "visionary" category. I'm more of a worker-bee who likes to help. Which is why I've stuck around so long.

[12:57] MartinRJ: btw. it turns out

[12:57] MartinRJ: that the Interesting RC viewer works just fine

[12:57] MartinRJ: it was my broken harddrive which caused the crashes for me:P

[12:57] Andrew Linden: Yay! Bao Linden fixed most of the bugs in the interesting viewer.

[12:58] Theresa Tennyson: If I had a choice between making something new and maintaining something old while listening to constant BAWWWWW.....

[12:58] MartinRJ: it's awesome! Thank you so much for all the work!

[12:58] Rex Cronon: was nice having u as a linden here andrew:)

[12:59] Andrew Linden: Fixing the interestlist was one of the things I definitely wanted to get done before I left.

[12:59] Jenna Felton: yes Andrew, i also wish you success with new projects and being helpful, and get a reward for it as much as you wish to :)

[12:59] Andrew Linden: Thank you all.

[12:59] Ima Mechanique: what they said.... and Merry Christmas ;-)

[12:59] Yuzuru Jewell: Thank you, Andrew.

[12:59] Nalates Urriah: Best wishes to you Andrew.

[12:59] Dante Spectre: Happy Holidays and good luck on your new venture Andrew

[13:00] Mona Eberhardt: Merry Christmas, Andrew, and may everything work out well for you in the future.

[13:00] Andrew Linden is going to lose connection any minute...

[13:00] Mona Eberhardt: And, again, thank you very much.

[13:00] Dante Spectre: lol

[13:00] Rex Cronon: happy holidays 2 u andrew:)

[13:00] MartinRJ: hehe

[13:00] Simon Linden stops wiggling the cable

[13:00] Andrew Linden: Ha!

[13:00] Jenna Felton: Simon, give Andrew a real life hug for us please

[13:01] Kallista Destiny: Thank you Andrew for ALL your work.

[13:01] Andrew Linden: Ok everyone. I'll see you around. I'll have to dust off my alt.

[13:01] Simon Linden: Thanks everyone for coming this week ... the next user group will be January 7th due to the holidays

[13:01] Dante Spectre: Cheers

[13:01] Kelly Linden: See everyone next year. :)

[13:01] Simon Linden: I hope everyone has a happy and lag-free holidays

[13:01] Kallista Destiny: Next year!

[13:01] Lexbot Sinister: Thank you for telling us, too

[13:01] Andrew Linden: You'll recognize my alt by its creation date. Some date before we even launched in 2003.

[13:01] MartinRJ: Good luck, and merry christmas, everyone!

[13:01] Mona Eberhardt: Thanks Lindens! See you people next year!

[13:01] Judy Chestnut: thanks

[13:02] Judy Chestnut: bye

[13:02] Simon Linden: lol - I stood up and fell through the floor.

[13:02] Rex Cronon: what is name of your alt

[13:02] MartinRJ: that's some really sad news :/

[13:02] Theresa Tennyson: Good bye, everyone!

[13:02] Jenna Felton: have good time and happy holidays all and all Lindens :) see you all in the new year

[13:02] Rex Cronon: happy new year, christmas and holidays to everybody



Simulator_User_Group

Prev 2013.12.10 Next 2013.12.24