Snowstorm Daily Scrum Archive/08242010
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
- New weekly office hour starting this week for Snowstorm Team Backlog and idea discussion. Join Esbee and the crew Wednesdays from 8-9am PT here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hippotropolis/201/115/21
- Set myself up another BitBucket repo for general bug fixes.
- Checked the list of missing files named in the HG convert export map Nat found to be missing from the repo, and why.
- (5 are new files in viewer-public, 1 renamed with both names in the map, 2 relating to the old art/libs bundles no longer required, and the NL XUI translation filenames got mangled somehow).
- Pulled the two fixes from my bug-fix branch into viewer-development
- Fixed EXT-8300 / EXT-8398 (Avatar icons displaced from SLURL profile links), just awaiting review before committing.
- Continue with Snowglobe fixes
- When exactly are we declaring final cut-off on viewer-public and viewer-release today? Who is doing final convert and merge?
- Chase up review of EXT-8300 / EXT-8398 from Richard (or find someone else to do it!)
- These two EXTs if they get added to the sprint? (Have fixes ready).
- EXT-8248 (Can't teleport multiple friends)
- EXT-1579 (No (easy) way to see who has permission to 'See my online status', 'See me on the map', or 'Edit, delete or take my objects')
- Remember to collect my mother from the hospital before someone else claims her.
- OOO. Some catch-up, some tree juggling.
- Mined viewer-public for stuff that's there which isn't in snowstorm - there's quite a lot. Preparing to convert that legacy repo and relocate its changes.
- Deal with viewer-public's changes.
- Look for things needing code reviews.
- LL repo conversion handholding
- Non-Snowstorm tasks (no help for it)
- Lost track of the issue for aligning textures?
- LLKDU in viewer-development: Create new kdu-binaries for Windows: done or, rather, synced with alain who was working on it independently. Checked that it works on local build.
- LLKDU in viewer-development: Read install.py in details to understand why those are not installed as requested...: The problem comes from kdu-binaries not being asked by anyone... It's unclear though if we can really continue to provide that lib to download willy nilly. Need a license check here.
- LLKDU in viewer-development: Create a separate private repo for building llkdu cleaning from code (need to double check that with brad): Done by alain so not an issue anymore though now we have to integrate that *fast*.
- LLKDU in viewer-development: Modify build.sh so that downloading just llkdu.dll and nothing else works in TeamCity (build fails right now)
- Finished sketch undockable/dockable sidebar design
- Continue Jira triage
- Lots of meetings
- Discuss sidebar undocking with Rhett
- Set up weekly office hours to discuss product backlog and ideas!
- Start adding Resident feedback/ideas/user stories to the Snowstorm Backlog on a new tab
- Continue to follow up on SLCC and Snowstorm blog feedback
- Document idea submission process
- BUG EXT-8362 ([TRUNCATION] IT login screen - truncation in location box)
- BUG EXT-8672 ([HARD CODED] ALL LANGS The word "Saved" is hard coded, in the long timestamp displayed in IM when user is offline)
- BUG EXT-7878 (Corrupted vertical scroll bar appears on 'Edit Outfit' panel if height of 'Add More' panel was changed)
- BUG EXT-7951 (Mini-Location panel appearance design issues)
- Restored in viewer-development repository.
- BUG EXT-8558 (Add More category picker defaults whenever a clothing item is removed)
- Fixed and sent for a review
- EXT-8722 (Appearance > 'Wearing' tab: Add Take off / Detach function to the gear menu)
- Task VWR-20702 (Snowstorm Sprint 2: As a User who's customized the bottom bar of the Viewer UI, I also want to be able to control the order of the buttons as they appear in the UI.)
- WIP. Estimate ~3 days.
- Task VWR-20702
- analyze d&d in favorites, add similar to bottom tray
- change order of buttons shrinking and disappearing depending on button locations
- save order in settings and use it when creating bottom tray
- investigate inconsistency in distance between buttons
- Order of buttons shrinking and disappearing
- Critical bug EXT-8727 (Crash in LLAppearanceMgr::updateClothingOrderingInfo):
- Posted a defensive fix for review (could not repro though).
- Task VWR-20694 (Enable sidebar to track detaching/attaching tabs):
- Filed, working on it
- Code review, merge.
- Commit EXT-8727 if it gets approved.
- Work on VWR-20694.
- Task (VWR-20694) As a User, I want to undock tabs from the Viewer sidebar so that I can control what tabs are displayed and organize them on my screen in any way I want like I could do in 1.23.
- Fixed some crashes caused by docking/re-docking tabs.
- Investigating undocked tab visibility changes when switching tabs in Side Tray.
Task (VWR-20694) As a User, I want to undock tabs from the Viewer sidebar ... Estimated: 3 days for sub-tasks 4 and 5.
- need design soon
- sidebar docking/undocking design issues (VWR-20694)
- bottom bar button reordering design issues (VWR-20702)
- jira VWR workflow wrangling
- tracking missing fixes
- progress tracking
- completed/in progress tasks need estimates / burndown data
- establish procedure for taking EXTs from old PE backlog to particular sprint
- follow up future commit process
- out thu-fri next week