Snowstorm Daily Scrum Archive/11172010

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Wednesday, November 17, 2010

General Notes


  • Merge Monkey of the Day: Oz
  • personal productivity in GH: use the Assigned To Me context.

Team Status


Merov Linden


PAST

  • Sprint planning
  • OH
  • STORM-146: kdu-autobuild: Debugged scripts for Mac to work off TC (task complete), completed first draft for Windows and Linux, some packaging bugs on Windows, Build issue on Linux.
  • STORM-628: Integration task from ER team. Test built, test and integration done.

FUTURE

  • STORM-146: kdu-autobuild: Clean up Windows packaging, fix Linux build script.
  • STORM-151: kdu static link: Continue upgrading to v6.4. Will work on compression if time allows.

IMPEDIMENTS

  • None

Oz Linden


PAST

  • Installed updated jira helper here (thank you, Moon Metty).
  • Changed Snowstorm calendar dates for longer sprint
  • Merge Monkeying Around (STORM-627)
  • Set up TeamCity build for Jonathan Yap (STORM-138)
  • Code Review System (STORM-606)
    • Created system on EC2 (STORM-618), installing software

FUTURE

  • Continue with setting up Code Review system
  • Merge Monkeying
  • Look at my recent crash logs
  • Office Hour

IMPEDIMENTS

  • none

Q Linden


Esbee Linden


PAST

  • [STORM-174] Emailed Kelly to find out if we still need an explicit checkbox to compile scripts in Mono. Kelly's out on paternity leave, Merov is going to ask around.
  • [STORM-316] Added more information to ticket with screenshot of new Inventory options menu and clarification of functionality. I think we should now implement this and test it out. Then we'll need to sort out the debug settings as well.
  • [STORM-535] Transparency
    • Suggest a default transparency. (The prefs are removed in the latest dev build, I need to see them again in order to suggest the defaults)
    • Identify elements where transparency is not being applied.
      • PE was going to do this. Has it been done?
  • Prep for Sprint 8
  • VWR Triage
  • Prioritization of tickets for Snowstorm Team
  • STORM-584

FUTURE

  • [STORM-320] Ask Q for input on tab indenting bug
  • [STORM-560] Need to respond to questions from Andrew
  • [STORM-584] Provide feedback on bubble chat color/opacity settings
  • [STORM-535] Identify which parts of the UI are not yet adhering to new transparency settings
  • [STORM-537] Update keyboard shortcuts spec
  • [STORM-539] Finish initial draft of prim alignment tool design doc
  • Follow-ups on STORM-174, 316
  • Sprint 8 planning meeting
  • VWR Triage
  • Prioritization of tickets for Snowstorm Team

IMPEDIMENTS

  • none

Paul ProductEngine


PAST

  • TASK STORM-544 (Create preference to allow transparency to be modified.)
    • Fixed and pushed to the bitbucket
  • TASK STORM-586 (Layout cleanup in the Setup tab of Preferences)
    • Reassigned to Plan with a question
  • TASK STORM-593 (Make transparent texteditor and lineeditor)
    • WIP. This task is a particular case for a problem when some control inside transparent floater doesn't became with all its childern transparent too. Investigating. Difficult to give estimate.

FUTURE

  • TASK STORM-593 (Make transparent texteditor and lineeditor)

IMPEDIMENTS

  • none

Seth Productengine


PAST

  • BUG (STORM-581) IM toasts don't respect font color preferences for Chat
    • Closed as Won't Finish after discussing with Plan.
  • TASK (STORM-584) Fix color and opacity setting for Bubble Chat
    • WIP. Investigating bubble chat rendering. Fixed color setting to behave similar to 1.23 but as suggested in jira but still waiting for confirmation from Esbee.
  • BUG (STORM-316) Debug: Inventory.Folders by Name/Sort by Date/Sort by Name/System Folders to Top Do not apply and settings changes do not persist after relogging.
    • WIP. Added "System folders on top" setting. Investigating why settings don't persist across viewer sessions.

FUTURE

  • BUG (STORM-316) Debug: Inventory.Folders by Name/Sort by Date/Sort by Name/System Folders to Top Do not apply and settings changes do not persist after relogging.

IMPEDIMENTS

  • none

Andrew Productengine


PAST

  • Reviewed Paul's tickets.
  • Major task STORM-576 (Add a Preference to allow users to enable double-click to teleport or use auto-pilot).
    • Fixed, but will test it in the morning before putting on review.

FUTURE

  • Reopened normal task STORM-582 (Take movement and camera control preferences from Advanced and move them to the new Move & View tab)
    • Estimate - 15 minutes.
  • Work on preferences will take 2-3 hours more so I need new issues to work on.

IMPEDIMENTS

  • No answer from Esbee regarding critical task STORM-560 (Add

Preference that allows users to select default behavior when pressing letter keys).

Vadim Productengine


PAST

  • Bug STORM-563 (I18N - Online/Offline notifications in many langs display [FIRST][LAST]):

    • Fixed.
  • Bug STORM-478 (User isn't able to resize Member list column in Group chat window):
    • Thought this was not a bug. Bounced to Andrey to follow up.
  • Filed bug STORM-626 (Alt+Tab doesn't work on Linux).
  • Sprint Planning meeting.

FUTURE

  • Will take something from the v-d bug queue.

IMPEDIMENTS

  • Unclear what new stories we can take from sprint 8 (that don't require design work first).

Andrey Productengine


PAST

  • picked up 2.3.0 Release build r214726
  • smoke & integrity tests have been passed against Windows, Linux and OSX
  • finished 2.3.0 bug-fixes verification

FUTURE

  • exploratory testing of 2.3.0 Release build r214726
  • exploratory task - floaters transparency
  • finish verification of Sprint7 integrated tickets

IMPEDIMENTS

  • none

Wolfpup Lowenhar


PAST

  • sent propsal to Oz and Esbee and recieved reply.
  • worked @ main job

FUTURE

  • getting ready to start work in sprint.
  • work @ main job

IMPEDIMENTS

  • Not enough time between working in world and a real job to actually work on code.
  • Trying to find something to actually work on in this sprint