Solution Provider Program
This article explains the requirements for membership in the Linden Lab Solution Provider Program. You must comply with all of these requirements to be included in the Solution Provider Program and be listed in the Solution Provider Directory.
All Solution Provider Program members are required to have completed at least two projects. A project is defined as a product or service provided to a client (paid or unpaid), and can also depend on whether you're listed as full-service or specialist. Clients include businesses (both inworld and outside of Second Life®), organizations, educational institutions, and communities (both inworld and outside of Second Life).
Please not that Solution Provider Directory entries containing the following items will not be accepted:
- ** Projects that list the Solution Provider's office.
- The Solution Provider's inworld portfolio.
- Other examples of work done solely for the Solution Provider submitting the listing.
How to get experience as a solution provider
If you don't meet the two-project requirement, the following are some guidelines intended to help you obtain the experience needed to meet them:
- Create: Start designing clothes, constructing buildings, managing events, developing tools, or completing projects in whatever other areas you're interested.
- Organize: Develop a portfolio that best represents your work.
- Advertise: List the products and/or services you provide on the inworld classifieds. See the Classifieds FAQ for more information on how to post an ad.
- Search: There are two things you can try:
- Check out the inworld classifieds for Residents seeking someone to help with a project that fits your skill set.
- Search the Solution Provider Directory for companies and individuals with projects or a business focus that interests you, and which you believe would benefit from your skills, and contact them.
- Collaborate: Work with fellow Residents and solution providers on projects. Before you know it, you'll have two client projects to your name!
- Apply: Once you've completed two projects for clients, submit your application for inclusion in the solution provider program.
Second Life Account
The Second Life account under which the Solution Provider Directory listing is submitted must be in good standing, as well as all accounts affiliated with the Solution Provider that participates in the Solution Provider Program.
None of your names, logos, or marks can contain, play on, or be confusingly similar to any Linden Lab trademark, including but not limited to:
- "Second Life"
- "Second Life Grid"
- This includes similar words in other languages (deuxième, zweite, vie, vida, etc.)
Information about your business must be correct and kept properly updated so we can contact you. This includes:
- Phone number
- Second Life account
- Business name
- Languages spoken
General Business Practices
The following are some general business practices all Solution Provider Program members should follow:
- Prior to applying for the Program, you must have in place procedures for contracting, invoicing, and other necessary business communication with your clients.
- You are expected not to create web pages that provide confusing or misleading information about
- Your company
- Your relationship with Linden Lab
- Your competitors
- You may only use the exact phrases provided by Linden Lab at your acceptance into the Solution Provider Program to describe your relationship with Linden Lab, and you must remove any use of that phrase immediately upon resignation or termination from the Program.
- Creating webpages or using URLs that are confusingly close to those of other Solution Providers may result in removal from the Program.
Solution Provider Program Membership Obligations
The following are obligations for members of the Solution Provider Program:
- Compliance with all Solution Provider Program requirements
- Mandatory quarterly update of listings
Ready to Apply to the Solution Provider Program?
Please visit the submission page to apply for the Solution Provider Program, which includes listing in the Directory. Please note that each Solution Provider Directory listing is linked to a Second Life account, so you will be asked to log in with your Second Life name and password in order to access the submission form.